Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 120 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 billt:  7 mins ago
 Rob:  11 mins ago
 amigang:  18 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  20 mins ago
 agami:  44 mins ago
 matthey:  50 mins ago
 kolla:  58 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 10 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Hyperion Entertainment is not bankrupt
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigD 
Re: Hyperion Entertainment bankrupt?
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 23:54:11
#801 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:
and that video game hyperion released cool screenshots of.. its a joke.

I guess they'll never get chance to finish off Worms Armageddon for the AmigaOne now! Heck, after being nearly 15 years overdue it must have been nearing completion!

On a serious note Worms Revolutions is an absolute riot and a return to form for the series. Matt Berry of 'The IT Crowd' and 'Toast of London' fame does the hilarious voice overs and the single player game is actually challenging and fun. This is a good thing because sadly no one seems to play multi-player on the Mac servers, like ...ever

Last edited by BigD on 08-Mar-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 07-Mar-2015 at 11:58 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 6:19:21
#802 ]
Elite Member

@pavlor

Quote:

pavlor wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:
BTW, I want to see your behavior after all the attacks that I receive.

...for curses never pass. The lips of those that breathe them in the air.

Eh, you make it too easy. If someone tells lies about you, I don't think that you'll pass by.

Many times you have replied to some comments in this forum because you though that there was something wrong, which is less grave of lies and mystifications towards you.

@pavlor

Quote:

pavlor wrote:
@wawa

Quote:
considering what you may mean as "surrent systems" (your winuae?) as long as they last, in which case genuine amiga is rather likely to keep their share of users, while os4 systems will die one by one as we are witnessing now..

Probably. However, that certainly doesn´t meany any greater future support for YOUR open source solution.

Considering the current situation, I think it's more important to at least have a future.

@kolla

Quote:

kolla wrote:
I need more popcorn, this thread is great :)

It's better to have some new about Hyperion's opposition to the bankrupt declaration, just to be in-topic: it's the 8th March now, and the silence promises nothing good, considering that Ben Herman very quickly replied after the bankrupt new come out on this thread, and until now there's no sign of life...

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:
@cdimauro

You guys are talking about Gallium., thats a good one as if its ever really going to happen. Just like those "Snap drivers" they were supposed to do years ago.. and that video game hyperion released cool screenshots of.. its a joke.

I already expressed my opinion about it on my previous #434 comment: it was better to focus time and resources on Gallium instead of the graphic drivers and Warp3D.
Quote:
imo the best approach is to develop for the current setup as I dont see much future development happening and if so, really slow.

The most important thing, currently, is to see if there's a future or not.

RobertJDohnert 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 7:07:34
#803 ]

@elatour

Just because you make it open source does not mean it will be successful or that it will be a successful project.

Dirk-B 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 8:12:26
#804 ]

@RobertJDohnert

Maybe they should keep the bottom layers closed and
license them, and in the mean while they could open up
the top layers for developers.

Hmm, makes me think... isn't that already in place?

Massi 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 12:03:32
#805 ]
Cult Member

@cdimauro

1) Don' t waste your time with me.
2) Go to ... work on AROS as you said.
3) Let your projects speaking of you (not just words, bla bla bla)!

TRIPOS 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 12:16:55
#806 ]

@Massi

In my humble opinion you are a prime example of the worst kind of OS4 users, the cultists on a holy quest. Earlier in this thread you played out those "we are teh reel!!1! you are teh fake!!1!", "we are so much holier than you", etc. This seed was planted by Ben Hermans/Hyperion one and a half decade ago, it was nurtured and cultivated carefully by people like Mike Bouma, Mikey C, Orgin, and many others, and it grew into to a norm and modus operandi of the entire OS4 cult. This attitude is why so many other Amigans hates OS4 and its users. It's segregation in an apartheid manner, misguided elitism, and the most funny part is that you really are "Emperor in his new clothes". Everyone can see it but yourselves. And when faced with arguments, facts, and other information that contradicts your own rather skew perception of reality, you fiercely attacks relentlessly, but you don't target the facts/opinions presented to you, no you target the messenger instead. This thread has several pages of your hysterical attempts of character assassination by you Massi, which again is very predictable for your kind of breed, your modus operandi is well known to everyone by now. Soon you will probably start calling for moderation ("why am I not getting any help when trying to protect the holy quest?"), you have probably already hit more than a few "Report" buttons in this thread already (as you will do with this post). And ultimately you would start talking about "How about creating a new forum, with real functional moderation, and all true Amigans can move there?". Lyckily there aren't many of you left by now, most appear to have left in silence already. €3000 H/W and dying old dysfunctional Teron boards definitely helped. As did a decade of broken promises and lack of true progress for "your" platform. If Hyperion dies now, maybe the last of you will go away? Pretty please? Then the rest of Amigans could finally find some peace and calm and spend time on their true Amiga hobby, in whatever shape or flavor.

Massi 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 12:18:41
#807 ]
Cult Member

@kolla
Quote:
I need more popcorn, this thread is great :)

Did you pay for the ticket?

Massi 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 12:32:38
#808 ]
Cult Member

@TRIPOS

I don' t like cdimauro for his attitude to "attack and never give the possibility to reply" because he is GOD.

And then he wonders why he receives such attacks ... that is all.

Boot_WB 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 12:34:33
#809 ]

@TRIPOS

Quote:

TRIPOS wrote:
@Massi

...the rest of Amigans could finally find some peace and calm and spend time on their true Amiga hobby, in whatever shape or flavor.

It's not often i find myself broadly agreeing with one of your posts, but here we are.

I'd also include most OS4 users in those who would be better off without these ridiculous and divisive forms of 'advocacy'.

Here's a prime example for you:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5501&start=40#74432

OlafS25 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 12:55:43
#810 ]
Elite Member

@Massi

What have his projects to do with him having a option about something? If you disagree use the famous "because" word like "xyz is not true because...". Very simple, you must just try it. And it helps in discussions

cdimauro 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 13:18:57
#811 ]
Elite Member

@Massi

Quote:

Massi wrote:
@cdimauro

1) Don' t waste your time with me.

I decide myself what to do, thanks.
Quote:
2) Go to ... work on AROS as you said.

I'm already working on my project, thanks.
Quote:
3) Let your projects speaking of you (not just words, bla bla bla)!

For this I've already answered, so I just copy & paste the proper link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_accomplishment

It seems that the logic is not you friend...

@Massi

Quote:

Massi wrote:
@TRIPOS

I don' t like cdimauro for his attitude to "attack and never give the possibility to reply" because he is GOD.

And then he wonders why he receives such attacks ... that is all.

Again, you are lying because this the only thing that you can use to "argument":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

As above, the logic is not your friend.

Anyway, what's not clear to you of this:

"As others have already stated, your bad attitude against me is because you don't like what I've written. But, again, you're free to "counter-attack" replying point-to-point to my writings. Comments on my articles are open and free "

?

You have the freedom to reply to what I've said. You never did it, because you already know that you're absolutely unable to attack my FACTs and arguments.

So you prefer to continue lying and moaning like a baby yelling against the faith offender. OS4 akbar!!!

@TRIPOS & OlafS25: totally agree!

Signal 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 13:58:15
#812 ]
Cult Member

@ Those that hate.

Quote:

TRIPOS wrote;

other Amigans hates OS4 and its users.

Lyckily there aren't many of you left by now,

If Hyperion dies now, maybe the last of you will go away? Pretty please?

Nope!

Overflow 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 14:03:12
#813 ]

Attitude got nothing to do with which OS you favour.

When It comes to cdimauro and Daytona for example, I find their attitude to be quite good for the most part. They point out weaknesses and go into details. Much better than "OMG this is so GOOD"+ dancing bananas.
Yes, at times they wander into the subjective. Yes AOS feature/performance is very poor if you compare it to modern OS's, but people like use the "hobbist" scale when we evaluate what AOS presents.

Not sure why people get offended when obvious shortcomings are pointed out.

TRIPOS; I only got A1200+WB 3.x and Im still positive to AOS 4.x (and AROS/MorphOS).
Its not either or. Them VS us etc etc.

Last edited by Overflow on 08-Mar-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 14:36:34
#814 ]

@matthey

Quote:

matthey wrote:
@Trixie and mr2
The Hyperion bankruptsy is kind of like a Catholic wedding. Once declared married, you really are married by Catholic law but if the marriage is annulled by the Catholic church, then you are considered by the Catholic Church to never have been married. There are other kinds of marriage laws like geographical marriage laws and God's law which don't agree but if we are talking about Catholic law then the above is correct. Hyperion is considered bankrupt under Belgium law unless they can get it annulled.

"Annullment of marriage" is recognized by any modern nation laws and differs from divorce that is consensual agremeents by both people of the couple who want their union disbanded by law and turning back as single entity persons.

While divorcing recognizes the previous union rights such as common properties, and rights of tuition of sons and daughters, the annulment is retroactive and cancels legally anything that happened in the common life of the spouses.

For example in any western country, in France for example (or England or USA or anywhere) if a bride discovers that her husband has hide to her some contagious disease before the wedding, or has provided false identity in order to deceive her and get her money, then she can ask "annulment" rather than divorce to be sure that the former husband will not claim anything of common properties.

The most common cause for annulment in western world is the fact the man has been previously married and never divorced the first wife.

See what "annulment" means here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annulment

As long as marriage is a sacrament for the catholics and you have to proof in "sacra romana rota" court in a regular trial that both man and woman had learned nothing from their union under God, that they do not recognize (or had not recognized) sanctity of their weddings, and that they are not capable to continue a relationship being not blessed by Holy Spirit, and so they will commit sin being tied in a relationship without loving each other anymore.
One or more of these situations cause marriage being void and nulled by Roman Church.

Glad (and good) that also catholics have a chance to take back from a marriage made by mistake or becoming not possible sustaining anymore, even if it is a true trial with judges deciding "annulment" of marriage as sacrament (and for the law too), and so then it is not so simple as divorcing.

Regarding bankruptcy:

I don't know where you live... but in any country you have measures to "save" the enterprises that are filed for bankruptcy...

Do you know... It is called "appeal" or "recourse" and it is a second chance to avoid that judges in courts could destroy by mistake firms that are solid in their business, or have enough money to pay their debts.

You know... The big care is for creditors to get back their money.

When a firm is declared bankrupt creditors too much often get only a minimal fraction of their credit by selling assetts of the company that went bankrupt.

It is interest by the creditors to keep alive fims that owe them money, in order to continue getting back their funds.

Last edited by Raffaele on 08-Mar-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 08-Mar-2015 at 02:40 PM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 14:50:44
#815 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

Quote:
If Hyperion dies now, maybe the last of you will go away? Pretty please? Then the rest of Amigans could finally find some peace and calm and spend time on their true Amiga hobby, in whatever shape or flavor.

I don't know if you have read the topic of this thread or not, but this thread is about AmigaOS4 and company that makes that product that they make.

You're invading like holly crusaders here trying to tell everyone how wrong we are, you and few other have been doing it for years, posting in topics you don't care about, about off topic stuff.

What is the point to anger a few OS4 supporters? To make yourself look like idiots?

Is your options any better?

FPGA Amiga computers? Common I have seen on that is faster than modern calculator is. If that what you call the future of Amiga.

MorphOS run on outdated hardware that is not getter any better, no new drivers around the corner, what has been done has been done.

AROS has not managed to become the number one OS in the world; they are open source and should be beating Linux and Window by now, way have they failed so bad.

None of operating systems have managed to get full memory protection, multi users support, or hardware virtualization, stack enlargement, SMP, so way do you criticize AmigaOS4 developers, they are not responsible of AROS, MorphOS and 680x0 hardware.

What I think you're doing is blaming your fallers on AmigaOS4 users, developers and company that produced the OS that we use, how pathetic is that, really.

If Hyperion goes away, and we go away, you be fighting over what remains, you know it, get real.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 08-Mar-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 08-Mar-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 14:57:48
#816 ]

@thread

Can you please STOP going OFF TOPIC discuting things about X1000 and/or FPGAs, and/or migrating to ARM architecture, and/or use and abuse of alien kernels, and/or the future of the platform, and/or even the PAST of the platform, and/or genuinity of Operating System, and/or if you like more classic or modern Amiga Hardware?

This discussion is about HYPERION BANKRUPTCY and I like to know as soon as possible real news about results if appeal in Belgium Court, that are still not arriving.

Your buzz noise makes impossible to follow the thread and issues regarding the bankruptcy and about recovering from bankruptcy.

As user of this forum I am tired to read anytime threads getting off topic as many of other users are not capable to open a spin-off thread or child thread, or discuss they blatant issues elsewhere.

I am really pissed off of this anarchy and harsh behaviour that takes no consideration of the authors of thread and of the other readers and I will signal to moderators asking to delete the dozens unuseful comments of the whole thread.

It is no concepible why amiga users are still so childish, prone to flame wars and uncapable to self-moderate themselves, as long at least major part of us are aged over fourty.

Last edited by Raffaele on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Last edited by Raffaele on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:02 PM.

damocles 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 15:21:50
#817 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
If Hyperion goes away, and we goes away, you be fighting over what remains, you know it, get real.

Why would you all go away if Hyperion goes away? Someone will wind up with the Amiga OS license. Amiga OS license certainly will not wind up in the court house's trash bin after the final judgement is made. Clearly Hyperion was not the beginning of Amiga OS nor will it be the end of Amiga OS.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 15:41:23
#818 ]
Elite Member

@damocles

It's suggested by TRIPOS, not by me.

But anyway I don't see a future in AROS, MorphOS or 680x0 Amiga computers, sorry.
I'm here for AmigaOS4. What happens after that I don't know.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 08-Mar-2015 at 03:47 PM.

damocles 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 16:33:45
#819 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
But anyway I don't see a future in AROS, MorphOS or 680x0 Amiga computers, sorry. I'm here for AmigaOS4. What happens after that I don't know.

Your apology is excepted. Most everyone on here, regardless on which camp they are from, all have enjoyed and have fond memories of WB 1.x thru 3.x series. Where we all broke apart is Amiga OS4 branch which has basically stagnated in regards to keeping up with standards that was set over a decade ago by modern OSs. Hyperion's current owners do not have the financial nor the talent to achieve a reboot of the Amiga OS series. It's going to take someone else to achieve Amiga OS5.

Anonymous 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 16:53:43
# ]

@Massi

One more off-topic post from you and you'll be looking at a suspension. I've asked to resign my mod-ship but no other mods seem to be around to deal with your continued personal attacks. Please can we all draw a line under this and get back on topic - the topic being Hyperion's bankruptcy (EDIT: or same rules apply!)

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by clebin on 08-Mar-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Last edited by clebin on 08-Mar-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle