Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 112 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  5 mins ago
 OlafS25:  18 mins ago
 BigD:  19 mins ago
 zErec:  26 mins ago
 amigakit:  29 mins ago
 retrofaza:  58 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 joeyunderwood:  2 hrs 5 mins ago
 Sikharubel:  2 hrs 8 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  OpenGL ES 2 development continues (was: stopped)
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
ExiE 
Re: OpenGL ES 2 development stopped
Posted on 5-Jul-2016 20:26:22
#61 ]

@eliyahu
Quote:
with respect daniel's clarification is a damning indictment on your journalistic ethics. we're not 'blaming the messenger,' we're pointing out constant bias on your part. you have been an integral part of this community, and worthy of respect -- but your apparent desire to find and publicize fault without the full context is second only to TMHG at this point. that is what i object to; and that is what disappoints me.

Cgutjahr is just not looking through rose-tinted glasses like many Amigans do, especially AW.net members.
He is writing the news for quite a long time on a-n and if you do such work long enough you will see so many broken promises and failures over the years that you may sound less enthusiastic than your readers

edit: typo

Last edited by ExiE on 05-Jul-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
eliyahu 
Posted on 5-Jul-2016 20:38:18
#62 ]

@ExiE

Quote:
He is writing the news for quite a long time on a-n and if you do such work long enough you will see so many broken promises and failures over the years that you may sound less enthusiastic than your readers

that's certainly a fair point.

-- eliyahu

Rob 
Posted on 5-Jul-2016 20:46:12
#63 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

TRIPOS 
Posted on 5-Jul-2016 20:49:01
#64 ]

Quote:

ASiegel wrote:

In fact, I find it worth mentioning that amiga-news.de is literally the only English (and German) Amiga-related website I am aware of that still makes any effort to actively source, research and, if necessary, update stories. Everyone else is essentially just publishing fantastically sounding press releases and announcements without any research whatsoever.

I fully agree. Amiga-news.de is a beacon of light in that sense, the last remaining outpost of the old Amiga times, where original content and editorial work is paramount. The speed and the force by which some people (falsely and unnecessarily) attacked amiga-news.de in this thread is really disheartening...

Quote:

geit wrote:

The fun part is that people like cgutjahr are now the (blue) devil, because he just scripted the interview.

Quote:
tommysammy on 5-Jul-2016 5:35:38

CGutjahr is every day searching for a fault to make a big story on his side.
In germany he is laughing number.Nobody have respect towardst of him. He is a circus clown, a nobody

A Medievil witch hunt as reaction like in post from tommy sammy is quite primitive, too. Especially if those people are able to speak german and could listen to the podcast themselfs. (again the person same posting).

The poster of that post does not even realize he demonized cgutjahr for something he himself proves to be. A blind follower, a lemming.

Indeed, and IMHO it should be noted that the community as a whole has so very many reasons to be grateful and thankful to cgutjahr... All his time invested into amiga-news.de over the years ... and aminet ... etc ... The man is an Amiga hero, a community legend!

The knee-jerk reactions from people like eliyahu (and many others above) is very predictable. Terribly sad, but all so predictable.

But that post by tommy sammy was really beyond all reason. Very disheartening. Terrible.

And even more terrible that TrevorDick expressed his gratitude...

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 5-Jul-2016 21:08:48
#65 ]

@TRIPOS
Eh.. Are you from Earth2?
My worlds cg isn't the hero you describe : )
Lets say he has not that much real friends as he may diserve because he is such a nice guy but nobody can see.

He is trying to manipulate his audience by pre-select news and finding the right words to feed the trolls.

Maybe you mixed him up with senex.

Trewq 
Posted on 5-Jul-2016 21:32:40
#66 ]

@TRIPOS

Quote:

Quote:
Georg wrote:
I listened to that podcast interview and cgutjahr summary about it is much closer to what I remember about it than what is said in clarification.

No!

Trolls ... nonsense news-item ... trolling ... The fact that the news has been reported here by Cheese means it's just trolling ...

Quote:
OlafS25 wrote:
different people are listening to it and understand it like Gutjahr

... trolls ... out of context ... trolls with an evil agenda ... he is a circus clown, a nobody ...

Quote:
wawa wrote:
i listened to the podcast myself. and the complete part what concerns warp3d nova sounds almost exactly as described in the aw.net article.

... trolls ... just blind MorphOS name followers ... trolls ...

Quote:
cgutjahr wrote:
I listend to the entire Interview a second time, searching for the "positive things" you had to say about Nova. In the entire, 29 minute long discussion, you had to say one positive thing about Nova ... That's the only positive statement regarding Nova during the entire conversation. Everybody who speaks German can easily verify that, so I would appreciate if you would stop claiming otherwise.

... Is you the ... troll ... unethical ... biased ... the second most evil man in the world ... trolls trolling ...

Quote:
ASiegel wrote:
The article merely summarized what Daniel shared voluntarily during a podcast recording that is publicly available for download / streaming.

... trolls making selective misquotes ... biased distortion ... trolling ...

Quote:
geit wrote:
From what I read at least the german version was quite accurate, from what i heared Daytona say during the Boings World interview.

... unethical trolling ... bad journalism ... didn't even check with Daniel, Hans Matthew at the marketing department prior to publishing it ... trolling ...

Get a life

TRIPOS 
Posted on 5-Jul-2016 21:51:55
#67 ]

@phoenixkonsole

Ouch, do I smell grudge? Let me guess, he has probably expressed some critique or doubt towards one of your many AERcastle's somewhere sometime? Well, that's hardly unique now, is it? And hardly something that speaks against his character or judgement either...

@Trewq

Yeah, the real situation becomes painfully obvious when condensed like that, doesn't it?

utri007 
Posted on 5-Jul-2016 22:00:51
#68 ]

http://www.goldencode.eu/amiga/index.php?Language=1#i2016-07-04
Quote:

The article is filled with small tiny inaccuracies which induce nice subtle assessments. Here's an example:
'He's willing to give it another go if Nova reaches a more mature state'
The if-part a) wasn't said in the interview and b) makes zero sense, because a more mature state is the prerequisite for additional work on OGLES2. But this if-sentence gives everything this tiny little additional taste... And there's more like that.

Well, and the article's ending, which for every normal person reads as if the project had been canceled, well. I can only speculate about his agenda.

Original title in amiga.news.de was

Quote:

'Daniel Müßener abandons the port of OpenGL ES 2'

Last edited by utri007 on 05-Jul-2016 at 10:02 PM.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 5-Jul-2016 22:07:17
#69 ]

@TRIPOS
: )
Trust me I am trying to be objective.. And still I am coming to my conclusion.

Heinz 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 7:20:19
#70 ]

IMHO we are lucky to still have amiga-news.de around, because they are the only site left to read real (mostly neutral) news. Other Websites mostly offer only press releases and advertising.

OK, sometime amiga-news.de is very sceptical and very critical, but still better than to tell people that everything is fantastic while it is not.

OlafS25 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 8:28:53
#71 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

good guess... where do you know?

I would say it this way... they not always shared the same views (to say it politely)

@Pascal

I will listen to it too... there are a number of people that already listened to it and shared the view of Gutjahr. So bash him if he deserves it but not because "enemy of my enemy is my friend"

@Daniel

I can remember your really harsh code review so you propably know "wer austeilt muss auch einstecken können". You obviously made a harsh "project review" and people listening to it misunderstood you. You could have simply said it sounded more harsh than you intended to, clarify your position and that would have been it. Defending and attacking very much reminds me of what happened at your "code review". You expect a professional behavior of others than others expect the same of you.

Besides... really silly the whole discussion about nothing important

amigakit 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 9:20:29
#72 ]
Amiga Kit

The interview was centered around Warp3D Nova v1.15, which is an old release now. At the moment we are on Warp3D Nova v1.25 which amongst lots of other changes, resolves the few bugs found during the OpenGLES Library development and implements pixel kill/discard function and many others.

Hans De Ruiter has already stated that the best methodology for further refining Warp3D Nova is by practical use in real world developments. We are adopting a roadmap incremental strategy where the project is consolidating and we are responding to feedback from users/developers.

This is an amibitous project and trailblazing for the world of AmigaOS, it is certainly the largest undertaking that A-EON has been involved in so far.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 9:42:20
#73 ]

@OlafS25
Oh common the bashers support cgutjahr : )
I have listened to it as I have written.
This is again a small chance for the always bashing trolls for telling other how shit their work is before the work has even started to take of.
Worthless blah. In Amiga land everything takes ages. There is no need for drama.

wawa 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 9:44:24
#74 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

i dont think that daytona "hat etwas einzustecken" (is on a receiving side) here, quite the opposite, its still him with the pants on, being critical, and probably justified. the problems he stresses on may be rather an usual annoyance, still some of his points are worth mention, also publicly. furthermore it was worth straightening few things anews actually got wrong (because it sounds like that in the interview, admittedly), among others that the project has been abandoned. if not the article and the mess around it, more people might have got it this way.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 10:00:08
#75 ]

@Heinz
Amiga-news is not equal to cgutjahr. I believe that senex plus others could do it as well alone.
Just a side note.
The fact that Amiga-news doesn't post everything ends in misinformed or uninformed readers.
This is causing again trouble when a news post for even worse "biased article" is released.
If you try to hide things, you are seeding trouble.
He is way too biased to try to play the ethic commission.
He is just a sort of cancer in this already declining community. He is negative against every idea and project. Doesn't matter if it is aeon or mine or someone else.
He is the Amiga gringe
The Jonson and Farage of Amiga...
Bashing till the end , causing the end.
Trying to kill optimism and just contra-productive.

gregthecanuck 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 10:04:05
#76 ]
Cult Member

As someone who employs a "herd" of developers (yes that is what it feels like some days) I can tell you that like any group there can be some grumbling from time to time and this is perfectly normal. Being a software developer is very stressful since there are often crazy deadlines, missing/incomplete documentation, untested features, etc... Often issues that crop up are out of anyone's direct control, it "is what it is". This is "Agile" in real life.

What matters is having developers that CARE. That take pride in their work, tackle the difficult issues and at the end of the day get the job done. These are qualities that both Hans and Daniel possess. So someone bitches and grumbles - cool - they care. And someone else deals with the issues without bitching back - cool - they care as well.

Sure the news article wasn't worded the best but in my mind I just thought "well that's just developers being developers".

In summary, situation normal.

terminills 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 10:19:53
#77 ]
AROS Core Developer

@phoenixkonsole

I'm not sure how you can say Gutjahr is biased. Sure he's critical but then again that is to be expected. iirc Gutjahr was welcomed among the AOS4 community until he started being more critical.

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

geit 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 10:30:52
#78 ]

What everyone should have learned by now is that prereleasing software, which is known to be incomplete and buggy is a bad idea.

It just creates a "wow" effect for a short time, but later on reality kicks in.

You cannot make a first impression twice.

amigakit 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 10:40:01
#79 ]
Amiga Kit

@geit

Nobody intentionally releases software "known" to be buggy. Bugs are an unfortunate side effect of software development that can pop up from time to time. The important thing is to identify the cause of the bug and resolve it by having the proper development infrastructure in place.

I am pleased to confirm that Warp3D Nova has evolved to version 1.25 now, this interview was based on the older versions (v1.15+).

ExiE 
Posted on 6-Jul-2016 10:41:34
#80 ]

@phoenixkonsole
Quote:
If you try to hide things, you are seeding trouble.
He is way too biased to try to play the ethic commission.
He is just a sort of cancer in this already declining community.
He is negative against every idea and project. Doesn't matter if it is aeon or mine or someone else.
He is the Amiga gringe
The Jonson and Farage of Amiga...
Bashing till the end , causing the end.
Trying to kill optimism and just contra-productive.

Looks to me like you are on some personal vendetta against Cgutjahr. Not nice from you...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle