Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 85 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

NutsAboutAmiga

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 mins ago
 Hypex:  9 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  10 mins ago
 Lazi:  23 mins ago
 matthey:  47 mins ago
 billt:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 QBit:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 5 mins ago
 Swisso:  2 hrs 40 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  A sad day
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
wawa 
Re: A sad day
Posted on 29-May-2017 22:18:37
#121 ]
Elite Member

@iggy

Quote:
But I AM sincerely interested in what he has to say about his X5000 system (including the shipping costs for components).

who cares. yawn..

Profile     Report this post  
iggy 
Posted on 29-May-2017 22:24:56
#122 ]

@wawa

Quote:
who cares

I do, obviously, or I wouldn't have asked.
You're free to not follow the thread.

OR, we could ask them to bury it, as its served its purpose.
OR, we could let it sink into obscurity.

OR, we could even bring it back on topic, if Aaron or anyone else cares to fill us in on any of the details.

OR, I could pick more alternatives...(just as long as I wasn't off topic).

Last edited by iggy on 29-May-2017 at 10:25 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 29-May-2017 22:44:30
#123 ]
Elite Member

@iggy

cant you ever just shut up for a moment?

Last edited by wawa on 29-May-2017 at 10:44 PM.

eliyahu 
Posted on 29-May-2017 22:50:46
#124 ]

@wawa

mr. kettle, meet mr. pot....

-- eliyahu

wawa 
Posted on 29-May-2017 23:22:55
#125 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Quote:
mr. kettle, meet mr. pot....

another american idiom they think the rest of the world necessarily needs to understand?
you want to have some essential discussion in here or do you enjoy that infighting in the end and like to contribute?

iggy 
Posted on 29-May-2017 23:30:56
#126 ]

@wawa

I think that's a Spanish or English metaphor actually, he's saying you are like "the tea kettle calling the pot black".

And no, I'm pretty relentless, so STFU generally doesn't work.

But I've already gotten two "off topic" warnings for this thread, so...

Should I mention again that the thread topic is in reference to AmigaKit's only US distributor dropping their products out of dissatisfaction over service?

Last edited by iggy on 29-May-2017 at 11:33 PM.

eliyahu 
Posted on 29-May-2017 23:34:08
#127 ]

@wawa

fine. i'll spell it out for you. it is you, not iggy, that fails to ever 'shut up' on nearly any topic. you pop up in every single thread on AOS4, hyperion, or A-EON like a recurrent infection, ready to spew forth the same tired arguments, over and over and over again. eventually you'll attempt to steer the conversation toward AROS 68K -- whether the topic has anything remotely to do with it -- and never fail to use the term 'genuine amiga' while at the same time trying to explain why 'the name' means nothing.

you are the very definition of a tiresome troll. this site, among others, would profit hugely if you would crawl back into the cave from whence you slimed forth, leaving the rest of us alone.

that clear enough for you, or would like to insult americans some more? piss off.

-- eliyahu

wawa 
Posted on 29-May-2017 23:42:56
#128 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Quote:
you are the very definition of a tiresome troll. this site, among others, would profit hugely if you would crawl back into the cave from whence you slimed forth, leaving the rest of us alone. that clear enough for you, or would like to insult americans some more? piss off.

count my posts in this thread before you even try to insult me. actually getting personal is a matter of moderation, right? so maybe you can go and behave yourself, before silently moderating others around.

Last edited by wawa on 29-May-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Last edited by wawa on 29-May-2017 at 11:43 PM.

broadblues 
Posted on 29-May-2017 23:59:08
#129 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@wawa

Your number of posts in this thread is irrlevant, it;s your attitude in every thread you post in, that makes you current attitude to Iggy, the hieght of hypocracy.

lylehaze 
Posted on 30-May-2017 1:30:28
#130 ]

@sundown

I think you've all got it wrong..

I congratulate AOTL as they successfully integrate into the Amiga community, and applaud their efforts to go "above and beyond" in that respect.

They began by opening a storefront, making the necessary business connections, and becoming the only North American dealership for Amigas. Not a trivial first step.

Then they jumped with both feet into the software creation ring, organizing programmers, projects, and priorities, all to make our platform "even more" for all of us.

But something was missing.. After some absolutely intense "critical observation", they realized there is an entire segment of our community that they were not yet catering to: The whiners.

That's right. The ones that live to sit back and complain about others. To point out every possible defect in the computer, the OS, and the business plan of anyone who actually invests in the system.

So this is their latest offering to our community. AOTL have hit the nail on the head again, squarely offering the whiners something to whine about, the naysayers something to say "nay" about, and the rest of the endless chatterboxes to chatter on endlessly about.

As I count it, that's three for three by AOTL. They have now proven their understanding of, and their commitment to, the Amiga community as a whole. They are here to serve us all, and they have demonstrated their ability to do so.

I, for one, welcome our new North American Amiga dealership.

And if I could DARE follow that with an aside, I hope it all works out well for everyone. I don't know what the source of the conflict is, and I don't need to know. But I am happy for happy people, and with sufficient medication, I can be happy too.

Lyle

sundown 
Posted on 30-May-2017 3:16:04
#131 ]
Elite Member

@lylehaze

Lyle, how the hell are you?

Bear in mind that AOTL is a U.S. dealership & not all posters in this thread live here, some care, some don't give a crap.

Zylesea 
Posted on 30-May-2017 11:05:07
#132 ]
Elite Member

@lylehaze

Brilliant post! Indeed,what would Amiga be w/o a whole lot of drama...

Spectre660 
Posted on 30-May-2017 11:25:36
#133 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

In retrospect the U.S Amigans should petitioned A-eon, AmigaKit and Amiga on the Lake to settle their differences and get back to selling .

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@lylehaze

Lyle, how the hell are you?

Bear in mind that AOTL is a U.S. dealership & not all posters in this thread live here, some care, some don't give a crap.

Acill 
Posted on 30-May-2017 13:36:26
#134 ]

I wish I wasn't going to be gone here in another couple hours and not having Internet with this happening. Let me say this though before I leave. I think I'm one of the most avid and longest continuous Amiga owner and supporters here in the US. I'm definitely in the top 10 being an owner since release of the 1000. I've been both for and against many of the shifts in the scene, I've put countless amounts of my personal time and money into the spread of Amiga awareness. I've helped out those wanting hardware and repairs done often well below what it costs me to do them for just because I love the platform and the community we all are. Matthew and Trevor are both great people and are doing this for all of us, not to screw anyone over. Running a store costs money, trust me I just closed mine after not getting much in terms of sales through it. The problem I see is the price of this machine. The x5000 is way to high, and unfortunately the cost to produce them in the low numbers they are is also high as a result. If a lower entry model isn't introduced this will fail and continue to fail as new high end machines come out instead of more entry models with realistic prices. Look at the smaller machines no longer made, they sold out, look at classic Amiga, the 500 sold millions over the 1000 because it was priced lower, the 1200 sold well above the numbers of the 4000 and so on. You need to get the lower end model out so you can generate sales to fund the way forward! Get real Matt and Trevor. I want an NG Amiga and even I can't afford to spend that kind of money on a machine like that. It's not realistic to make a machine that the OS and software can't even take advantage of.

klx300r 
Posted on 30-May-2017 14:11:52
#135 ]
Elite Member

@Acill

hey Paul I seriously think you missed the point of this thread.

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

severs 
Posted on 30-May-2017 14:32:38
#136 ]

Turbulence in Amigaland

Interesting blurb... seems to say that several Amiga vendors are dropping the X5000 due to AmigaKit selling it cheaper to customers than to dealers. Is that really the case? I think it was about $1840 USD at AOTL with 4G, 1TB drive, and a 7750, and is now $1841 USD for 2G, 1TB and an R7 250 on Amigakit. Plus 50-100 shipping to US. It seems reasonable that AmigaKit would sell around the same price as other resellers. What other vendors are dropping the X5000?

iggy 
Posted on 30-May-2017 15:03:19
#137 ]

@lylehaze

Quote:
AOTL have hit the nail on the head again, squarely offering the whiners something to whine about, the naysayers something to say "nay" about, and the rest of the endless chatterboxes to chatter on endlessly about.

Yes, well I guess the rest of you are willing to put up with indefinite delays, limited supplies, high prices, low performance, long distance shipping, etc. (as a "whiner" I could go on a LONG time).

But, in the US, we're actually accustomed to good customer service, its very competitive over here so if you don't offer that you get weeded out pretty soon.

I think what I posted on Amiga.org sums up the Amiga markeplace better any way.

As I've said before, its our Spinal Tap moment, or "(Our) appeal has become more selective".

Last edited by iggy on 30-May-2017 at 03:04 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 30-May-2017 15:16:36
#138 ]
Elite Member

@iggy

Quote:
Yes, well I guess the rest of you are willing to put up with indefinite delays, limited supplies, high prices, low performance, long distance shipping, etc. (as a "whiner" I could go on a LONG time).

A-EON have delivered on the X5000 therefore buy it or don't buy it. Who cares who you buy it off! The UK haven't been able to buy ready made systems for the last 8 months and the U.S. have. That's right a 8 month exclusivity deal!! Would you get that with the PS4? The last time such a massive delay occured for UK customers compared to the US with hardware was the NES and that was because Nintendo hates Europe! Amiga on the Lake has had it good and now they haven't got it quite as good and they are not going to make the same margins or sell as many X5000s! Boo hoo, that's business. No need to vent on the internet. Unprofessional Amiga outfits like Alive Mediasoft eventually leave the market and maybe Amiga on the Lake is the next one to go!

Can the US Amigans get X5000s now? Yes they can. Have UK customers been able to re-import X5000s into the UK via dealers with stock for the past 8 months? No they haven't! Who has the real grievance; US or UK customers? This thread is about a part time Amiga retailer who is throwing his teddies out of the pram because his competitve advantage has now gone. That's it! Nothing to see here other than an angry American who thinks he is the new Amigakit / Software Hut!

Last edited by BigD on 30-May-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 30-May-2017 at 03:18 PM.

iggy 
Posted on 30-May-2017 15:26:00
#139 ]

@BigD

I won't summarize or quote that, but just acknowledge that you ARE right, British customers have been getting the short end of the stick.
But the does tend to back up my point that when it comes to marketing and sales, AmigaKit can be pretty clueless.
However, AOTL's concerns seemed to be about support (hard to say since Aaron wasn't specific).

Anyway, I WILL buy one, I'm waiting on the P5040 version (so I don't end up with two), should that not happen, I'll try to snag a P5020 version.

I do still support this endeavor, it just seems particularly unprofessional (then again, it is kind of an hobbyist effort).
After over 220 college credits (primarily in Business), that doesn't sit well with me.

@Spectre660

Quote:
In retrospect the U.S Amigans should petitioned A-eon, AmigaKit and Amiga on the Lake to settle their differences and get back to selling .

That is a very good suggestion.
Along with possibly broadening his offerings.
It would be nice to have a US distributor for other items as well.

eliyahu 
Posted on 30-May-2017 15:26:44
#140 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Can the US Amigans get X5000s now? Yes they can. Have UK customers been able to re-import X5000s into the UK via dealers with stock for the past 8 months? No they haven't! Who has the real grievance; US or UK customers? This thread is about a part time Amiga retailer who is throwing his teddies out of the pram because his competitve advantage has now gone. That's it! Nothing to see here other than an angry American who thinks he is the new Amigakit / Software Hut!

that is a massive mischaracterization of what happened here. he didn't lose his 'competitive advantage,' he lost any ability to make any profit whatsoever. i am sick to death of some members outside the US who throw around the word 'american' as though it is some sort of insult. we have been without a dealer for many years, so we were delighted when AOTL started up. to see anti-competitive moves like this does not speak well for amigakit, and demonstrates that when it comes to A-EON, there is *no* barrier between the two entities, except on paper.

to say this has devastated my view on things is an understatement. between this and some other things behind the scenes, i'm damn near ready to take a hammer to my X5000 and walk away.

-- eliyahu

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle