Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 112 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  7 mins ago
 pixie:  16 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  18 mins ago
 retrofaza:  34 mins ago
 OlafS25:  53 mins ago
 BigD:  54 mins ago
 zErec:  1 hr 1 min ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  2 hrs 39 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  E-UAE-SDL 1.0.0. AmigaOS 4.1.1
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Sir_RUSH 
Re: E-UAE-SDL 1.0.0. AmigaOS 4.1.1
Posted on 18-Oct-2017 22:45:28
#41 ]

@smf

Update.. I've gone through the config, and settings I use. There isn't anything I change that makes any difference. 68040, RAM, ZRAM, JIT, Bogo, etc. Noting seems to be it. Since I have plenty of room on the Hard Drive I'm going to make a new AmigaOS 4.1.1 install and this time NOT include anything from A-EON Enhancer CD and see if that's what's causing it.

Otherwise there is a bug I'm able to deal with. Again, when E-UAE SDL 1.0.0 is running and accessing RDB HDFs and copying something form them, like a WHDLoad install, to a 2GB or so AmigaOS 4.1 SFS/02 Formatted partition it causes a crash. So, doing that install now.

Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Posted on 19-Oct-2017 14:28:06
#42 ]
Elite Member

@Sir_RUSH

Quote:
Problem I've noticed is...Workbench is able to read files from a Filesystem partition within the UAE TO a Hard File where RDB is in use fine. But when I go the other way, Hard File to Filesystem on AOS 4.1 FE it crashes everything and causes a freeze. I've attempted to use NGFS, SFS/02, FFS. So far, it's 1 direction copying allowed.

It's not you. And it's not me for that matter. This is an old UAE bug that appears to only raise its head in the Amiga versions. It's been in the core code for years. And any coder who has worked on UAE must hardly use or need to write to a virtual HDD directory because it has never been fixed.

I've tested RunInUAE from FFS. And SFS. My writing partition is 40GB SFS. I found UAE locks up. It tends to crash FFS silently in the background. With SFS UAE itself tends to crash.

It's quite annoying as sometimes I want to install software to my Work volume from OS4 emulated. And run it there. But I can't can't. I have to do all the writing on the OS4 side. And make sure I only do reading on the OS3 side. It's a pain.

ribdevil 
Posted on 19-Oct-2017 15:50:47
#43 ]

@Sir_RUSH

WHDL don't work n Os4.1 FE, hangs the system.😣

Srtest 
Posted on 19-Oct-2017 16:03:57
#44 ]

@Hypex

I have to say I don't understand your issues. They seem to be about some advanced usage between partitions and different computers. My installation of the emulated workbench is on a ffs partition while I always keep uae + runinuae on a different partition (be it sfs, whatever) and have no issues. I don't see why I need to use today a hdf file other than hdf files which were created and you try to extract stuff from it. I even tried to use a sfs partition with the emulated os installation and when I installed it from scratch on sfs without jit it worked. Only when I copied it to another partition (for backup purposes because I tend to experiment) and copied it back I began to have issues with the installation. Switching the installation's partition to ffs solved it. I know that the emulated os when installed on aos4.1 sfs, doesn't like jit enabled or different hacks to the emulated os and startup-sequence. Sometimes it can get completely bottlenecked when you try to up the resolution inside the emulated workbench or switch to a high resolution mouse - without an obvious connection ot overall speed.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 19-Oct-2017 16:05:56
#45 ]

@Hypex

After a full day of checking many variables I finally concluded it is a bug. I shouldn't have had to go through Maxtransfer and all that but I've done a lot of beta testing through the years and wanted to be really complete. I also made an OS 4.1.1 500MB partition for fun. I appreciate the reply, absolutely a bug. I think it's funny, that you're correct, did he/they only consider bringing files TO the guest system? Hmm..

Anyway, for fun, next I'll check CDROM support. Then I'm done and it's time just play. Because otherwise it is pretty solid.

I haven't noticed any crashing, so far, when writing to an RGB file formatted with SFS/02.

Last edited by Sir_RUSH on 19-Oct-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Last edited by Sir_RUSH on 19-Oct-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 19-Oct-2017 16:13:02
#46 ]

@ribdevil

What do you mean WHDLoad hangs or crashes the system? I'm able to start WHDLoad games from within E-UAE SDL without any problems and play fine. All that I've started anyway.

This does mean I'm not using the "stock" UAE that comes on the CD with RunInUAE. But but the stock one, it does run and not crash, albeit very slowly.

I've modified the config so 68040, Picasso Screens and all that are being used. As well as 256 ZRAM. I'm able to start a WHDLoad installed game and they play fine. The PowerPC WHDLoad in C: starts E-UAE SDL and the game... I haven't experienced any crashes that way, but I prefer to start the emulator myself because I have almost all my WHDLoad installs on RDB HadFiles. Plus, it just looks cool seeing a pretty custom (Classic) Workbench.

What challenge are you having? Perhaps we would be able to help?

Sir_RUSH 
Posted on 19-Oct-2017 16:58:24
#47 ]

@Srtest

I was attempting to playing Hillsea Lido one day when I noticed the HD install (do it yourself) was not loading correctly. For years it worked with my Amiga 4000. Also within WinUAE. But not with E-UAE SDL. I was not using RDB files then. So I made an RDB file and....voila! The game loaded and plays fine. Also Loads & Saves games.

From floppy, or ADZ/ADF it also loads fine, but did not check Save. So there are limitations using AmgaOS 4.1.1 directories as the Filesystem. I will probably explore this some more since I just wanted a work-around at the time.

Hypex 
Posted on 22-Oct-2017 14:15:32
#48 ]
Elite Member

@Srtest

Quote:
I have to say I don't understand your issues. They seem to be about some advanced usage between partitions and different computers. My installation of the emulated workbench is on a ffs partition while I always keep uae + runinuae on a different partition (be it sfs, whatever) and have no issues.

Not that advanced. I just have a directory as a UAE HDD. Being I was simulating an Amiga from AmigaOS I didn't expect any issues. I just had a look and both my 68K Workbench as well as Work are directories.

Quote:
don't see why I need to use today a hdf file other than hdf files which were created and you try to extract stuff from it.

I have HDF I made, mostly used on OSX. But I wanted to share my Work drive with UAE.

Quote:
I even tried to use a sfs partition with the emulated os installation and when I installed it from scratch on sfs without jit it worked. Only when I copied it to another partition (for backup purposes because I tend to experiment) and copied it back I began to have issues with the installation.

I have UAE installed on Work. RunInUAE is installed on my FFS Workbench. I also have FE installed on SFS volume. Tried all three setups. All have a problem with UAE wrting to a HDD added as directory. They just crash in different ways.

Last edited by Hypex on 23-Oct-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Hypex 
Posted on 22-Oct-2017 14:25:48
#49 ]
Elite Member

@Sir_RUSH

Quote:
After a full day of checking many variables I finally concluded it is a bug. I shouldn't have had to go through Maxtransfer and all that but I've done a lot of beta testing through the years and wanted to be really complete. I also made an OS 4.1.1 500MB partition for fun.

You've certainly done a thorough job of researching and we should thank you for your effort.

OTOH I spent about two hours on it until I concluded it was UAE. I opened a Hyperion thread about it but it's in the beta section so can't share my findings. I did see I posted some early details here a while back.

Quote:
appreciate the reply, absolutely a bug. I think it's funny, that you're correct, did he/they only consider bringing files TO the guest system? Hmm..

LOL. Well I did wonder that.

Quote:
Anyway, for fun, next I'll check CDROM support. Then I'm done and it's time just play. Because otherwise it is pretty solid.

I think that's okay. Only way I know of to get a MultiVolume CD working.

Quote:
I haven't noticed any crashing, so far, when writing to an RGB file formatted with SFS/02.

That's good to know.

Last edited by Hypex on 22-Oct-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle