Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 121 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

A1200

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  3 mins ago
 retrofaza:  8 mins ago
 pixie:  14 mins ago
 OlafS25:  27 mins ago
 BigD:  28 mins ago
 zErec:  35 mins ago
 amigakit:  38 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 joeyunderwood:  2 hrs 14 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Billy Graham's Thanksgiving / Funeral Service
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigD 
Re: Billy Graham's Thanksgiving / Funeral Service
Posted on 11-Mar-2018 21:16:21
#61 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Here is Billy Graham's last address to the world called 'The Cross' and released in 2013. It features Lacrae (a Christian rapper) and it is really inspiring stuff. I think we can all agree that this thread needs some inspiring stuff and this is it

Billy Graham's 'The Cross'

@Nimrod
Talk about Catholic dogma on your own thread if you like. Sects and cults do not interest me and The Reformation dealt with the heresies of the Roman Catholic Church so there's nothing left to say regarding their theology.

We live in an exciting time where the baggage of decades of Church of England traditions are becoming completely irrelevant (excluding the secular press reporting on the ridiculous 'Baptism' of Meghan Markle in order to pay tribute to the Queen rather than because she's been 'born again' or anything exciting). Hopefully the next decade will spell the end of the dubious provision of pseudo Christian marriage ceremonies (with no marriage classes provided but instead a knowing lie is enacted pretending that the couple have faith and will continue to attend the church) / Christening's as an excuse to get presents and hold a candle / confirmation classes for non-believers, etc.

95% of our children in the UK have no Christian influence from these old institutions and so the Gospel can reach the next generation without the dogma, tradition and out of touch vicar types twisting the message to become just the mushy "try to live a good life" or "come to evensong and you'll be ok" message.

The 4 points of the Gospel message

1) God loves me
2) I have sinned
3) Jesus died for me
4) I need to decide to live for God

THIS is what should be shared in our cathedrals and World Heritage Centre C of E buildings not the normal communication from aloof church attendants telling visitors to, "Shift out of the way because evensong is about to begin".

As I've said, the UK has a need for Billy Graham type evangelists but the nation has never been in a better place for revival to take root. There will never be another Church of England vs Roman Catholic cultural war because there will never be another 'state church' hopefully. The church will resemble the 'Early Christian Church' incorporating elements of the house church model that has prospered in persecuted countries like China, Iran and North Korea. Once C of E Christians are shaken out of the crumbling belfries then maybe more of them will start sharing their faith more often or even question whether they are actually Christians. Either way it's time to get used to Bible believing Christians sharing their world view and engaging with the debate

Profile     Report this post  
jorit2 
Posted on 11-Mar-2018 22:24:36
#62 ]

@BigD

Quote:

I think we can all agree that this thread needs some inspiring stuff and this is it

Billy Graham's 'The Cross'

If all you can think of as inspiring stuff is another Billy G video, I guess the majority of posters in this thread will agree this thread needs to close

Evert

BigD 
Posted on 11-Mar-2018 23:30:05
#63 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

If you are clicking on a Billy Graham thread then you should expect some links to some Billy Graham content IMHO

jorit2 
Posted on 11-Mar-2018 23:37:30
#64 ]

@BigD

Quote:

If you are clicking on a Billy Graham thread then you should expect some links to some Billy Graham content IMHO

Guess so :-/

Quote:

Either way it's time to get used to Bible believing Christians sharing their world view and engaging with the debate [

So I guess you plan to come up with more of this fundamentalist hogwash :-/

Evert

BigD 
Posted on 12-Mar-2018 0:09:09
#65 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

Quote:
So I guess you plan to come up with more of this fundamentalist hogwash :-/

I don't have to invent anything new. I will talk about my faith as a natural part of my everyday conversation. It should be as common place to hear a Christian talk about their faith as it would be to hear a 'fundamentalist secularist' claiming evolution is a fact during a conversation (despite that being a contentious thing to do considering it is only a theory).

Expect the Christians that remain in society (after the Anglican denomination fragments) to be be more evangelical and keen to share their faith compared to the institutionalised and watered down versions of Christianity that previous generations were exposed to at school etc.

jorit2 
Posted on 12-Mar-2018 9:57:27
#66 ]

@BigD

Quote:

despite that being a contentious thing to do considering it is only a theory

And a preposterous theory at that, since everybody knows that earth was created by some weird monster, after a round of binge drinking ...

Evert

BigD 
Posted on 12-Mar-2018 18:34:48
#67 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

Quote:
And a preposterous theory at that, since everybody knows that earth was created by some weird monster, after a round of binge drinking ...

Hey, "whatever's good for you maaan!" In a post-truth world, "just do you!" Why not pass off unproven theories as hard cold facts and attempt to convince us all that women can be born in a man's body? This is what passes as progress

jorit2 
Posted on 12-Mar-2018 18:38:14
#68 ]

@BigD

Quote:

and attempt to convince us all that women can be born in a man's body?

Or attempt to convince us that a woman can be made from a man's body, or part of it ?
That would be outrageous, no ?

Evert

BigD 
Posted on 12-Mar-2018 19:15:19
#69 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

Quote:
Or attempt to convince us that a woman can be made from a man's body, or part of it ?

Not really. Last time I checked there is not much difference between the structure of a male rib and a female rib Chromosomes of male versus female humans are markedly different however. I'm not sure what science course you took.

jorit2 
Posted on 12-Mar-2018 21:09:26
#70 ]

@BigD

Quote:

Not really. Last time I checked there is not much difference between the structure of a male rib and a female rib Chromosomes of male versus female humans are markedly different however. I'm not sure what science course you took.

I guess I need to reply to this ...

BigD 
Posted on 12-Mar-2018 21:13:07
#71 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

... not really. Just watch another Billy Graham clip

Billy Graham: Reflection on entering his 100th year!

jorit2 
Posted on 12-Mar-2018 22:20:32
#72 ]

@BigD

Quote:

... not really. Just watch another Billy Graham clip

Billy Graham: Reflection on entering his 100th year!

How about a compromise ?

Dunno if you know this, but we Belgians, we pride ourselves in being the kings of compromises.

I'll listen, and read the lyrics, to 2 Van Morrison songs

"When Gods shines his light"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuzVwiL1i5M

"Rough God goes riding"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shfIU9C3KZ4

(I'm a biker myself, so I ride my bike, but I guess this is more about riding a horse or ... )

That, to me, sounds like an offer you can't refuse ...

Evert

Last edited by jorit2 on 12-Mar-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Last edited by jorit2 on 12-Mar-2018 at 10:29 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 13-Mar-2018 0:10:50
#73 ]
Elite Member

@jorit2

Only really checked out the lyrics of the first one and it seemed to be a song about God being close especially in times of despair and about him being able to heal people and give Christians the power to heal other people. No doubt true but not really the victory over spiritual death and hence eternal death that I'm more interested in. Most blokes I know are a bit skeptical of being too touchy feely about being close to another bloke even if it's a deity so not really my bag to be honest though it's no doubt heart felt. Not knocking Van feeling he can count on God even in despair but it's a bit personal and I don't think people who aren't Christians will get how knowing God and having a personal relationship with Jesus is like a close human trusting relationship on that level.

Try this instead if you want a fun and yet to the point musical message It's cheesy but effectively demonstrates the main points of the Gospel in a fun contemporary way. Plus it acts kinda like a Tourism Board video for run down central Manchester :

The bandwithnoname vs LZ7: The4Points

Last edited by BigD on 13-Mar-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 13-Mar-2018 at 12:18 AM.

jorit2 
Posted on 13-Mar-2018 20:01:28
#74 ]

@BigD

Quote:

The bandwithnoname vs LZ7: The4Points

Gotta give it to you ... That's a surprising suggestion
I had to research the lyrics to make sure you were serious

So I take it you're from Manchester ?

Evert

Nimrod 
Posted on 14-Mar-2018 22:09:53
#75 ]

@BigD

Quote:
heresy ˈhɛrɪsi/ noun belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.
The origin of the Christian religion is the church of Rome. All other Christian denominations, persuasions, movements, communities, schisms, sects, orders and cults splintered from the Catholic church. You keep painting yourself as the one and only self appointed spokesman for your imaginary friend, but all you do is prove that you see the face of your god every time you admire your reflection in the mirror. If it were not for the Church of Rome and its activities there would be no gospels for you to contaminate the minds of children. You should be grateful to them instead of bad-mouthing them, but when did Christians ever do anything other than hate.

We live in an exciting time where the baggage of decades of Christianity are becoming completely irrelevant. 95% of our children in the UK have no Christian influence which is something worthy of celebrations.

You say that we should get used to Christians spreading their filth. The entire history of your vile cult of death is one of oppression, murder and genocide, the direct casualties of the Christian religion in their wars of religion are a perfect example of how you really want to spread your ideology.

From your own book of lies and plagiarised myths and legends
Matthew 7:17-20 King James Version (KJV)
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
1 8 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
We have seen the fruits of your religion, and they are rotten to the core.

Nimrod 
Posted on 14-Mar-2018 22:15:16
#76 ]

@jorit2
He's a nut

jorit2 
Posted on 14-Mar-2018 22:44:45
#77 ]

@Nimrod

Quote:

@jorit2
He's a nut

Hehe

It could be worse :-/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5aseBw4BmM

Evert

PS: Stephen Hawking passed away ...

Last edited by jorit2 on 14-Mar-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Last edited by jorit2 on 14-Mar-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Last edited by jorit2 on 14-Mar-2018 at 10:45 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 15-Mar-2018 17:59:33
#78 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
The origin of the Christian religion is the church of Rome. All other Christian denominations, persuasions, movements, communities, schisms, sects, orders and cults splintered from the Catholic church. You keep painting yourself as the one and only self appointed spokesman for your imaginary friend, but all you do is prove that you see the face of your god every time you admire your reflection in the mirror. If it were not for the Church of Rome and its activities there would be no gospels for you to contaminate the minds of children.

You are so misinformed it is not even funny?!!! The Huguenots continued to hold to the teachings of the Early Christian Church and faced persecution from the Roman Catholics because of it. The Council of Nicaea was where the unified doctrine of Christianity was agreed on but it was a joint collaboration between the Western and Eastern churches. This was at a time when agreement and fellowship was possible before the Roman Catholic church became corrupted. The Eastern Orthodox Church split away when the Pope became more and more of an un-Biblical 'God's leading representative on Earth'. The Roman Catholic Church even had a hand to play in the sacking of Constantinople and the severe weakening of the Eastern Church due to their ridiculous support of the crusades! Finally, The Reformation itself exposed and invalidated the corrupt Roman Catholic church and its dogma. Back to your hallowed book of sects and cults you go

Why do you continue to make these mistakes and pass yourself off as an expert I'll never now. Just watch the Billy Graham links or start your own 'Nimrod's spiritual series on the intricacies of the world's heresies!' I for one will not be reading it

Last edited by BigD on 15-Mar-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 15-Mar-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 15-Mar-2018 at 06:00 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 17-Mar-2018 23:34:38
#79 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
An absolute delusion that makes you seem completely naive and uninformed. William Wilberforce (a Christian) worked tirelessly to abolish the slave trade in the UK and the American colonies.
I'm rather dubious that a being of Supreme Wisdom waiting 1700 years before creating someone of his faith that would stand against slavery. I mean his supposed son existed 2000 years ago and the son said squat about opposing the Roman slavers that owned the Jews of the day.

Quote:
Women are given a special place in God's plan without the unrealistic secular 'feminist' idea that states that women are the 'same' as men which is simply not true and not reflected in reality
Thank you for the confirmation that equality is a secular humanist value.

Quote:
here is nothing 'modern' about the widespread cultural acceptance of abortion (and in the coming decades no doubt infanticide too), euthanasia and the equality agenda hypocrisy of the aggressive and increasingly violent persecution of Christians and the intolerance of all worship or public acknowledgement of God and in particular Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
Again, we see Jesus says nothing about abortion. Euthanasia is a moral choice which people should have. Unlike Mother Theresa I don't believe extended pain and suffering with no possible improvement shows the world love. That idea is fairly immoral.

As for violent persecution of Christians - Don't know much about the UK but here in the USA, Christianity is alive and well. There is no violence against Christians to speak of and they are not only toleranted but still dictate many aspects of society. Certainly there is Christian persecution in some nation. Though it's not special. Any persecution should be seen as an immoral wrong. For example, Muslims kill more Muslims than any other faith because those are the 'wrong' type of Muslims. Clearly wrong to be killing others, no matter the faith.

A bit later you made a false statement about evolution. It's not only a theory. It's a fact and a scientific theory. It's not contentious. It's a fact animals have evolved. Heck, we've even viewed evolution in our life times. The Theory comes in, in the understanding of all the methods and ways it has happened. Our models aren't yet good enough to explain what trait will be selected by which animal when. Though, we know it will and does continue to happen.

I agree with you on the idea that Christianity is likely to become increasingly evangelical. That's scary. The right-wing evangelical sects of all faiths appear to end up the terrorists. Again, have your faith, dictating it on me is wrong.

The simple truth is progress came from the age of enlightenment, secular humanist. Not the ravings in the 20th century trying to continue a 12th Century view about a 1st century myth.

Nimrod 
Posted on 18-Mar-2018 10:30:28
#80 ]

@BigD
I know all I need to know about Billy Graham. He was a self-serving political manipulator who sought personal aggrandisement by means of political opportunism. All of the shenanigans you accuse the line of popes of being involved in are things thatBilly Graham revelled in. His love of being at the centre of political power is shown in the way he courted every President of the USA, opposed civil liberties, interfered in politics in direct contravention of the US Constitution, his genocidal advice to Lyndon Johnson in the Vietnam war, his espousal of radical anti-Semitism, his opposition to giving equal rights to women, etc, ad Nauseam. He offered moral support for immoral and illegal military adventures including the Vietnam war and the invasion of Iraq.
As a direct and undeniable consequence of the activities of Billy Graham Thomas Jefferson's much vaunted "Wall of separation between church and state" ironically also conceived in a Baptist ministry in Danbury Conneticut, has been undermined to the point of having been demolished. The law passed to protect the Baptists from persecution by fellow Christians has been destroyed by a Baptist so that non-Baptists (Catholics, Jews, Muslims etc) can be persecuted, and that destruction will one day allow the soon to be majority Muslim population to establish the USA as an Islamic state rather than the secular one envisaged by the men who rejected the "divinely appointed" king George III.
The only reason I would attend the funeral of somebody like that would be to ensure that the scumbag war definitely dead.

I am not the one who makes mistakes, nor do I overlook or ignore the massive contradictions in your book of plagiarised myths and legends. The Christian fairytale can't even decide whether the principal boy in your pathetic pantomime, "Jesus" was supposed to have been born before Archelaus became Ethnarch of Judaea,
Matthew 2 "Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,"
Or after Archelaus was deposed by the Romans.
Luke 2 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.
2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
Archelaus ruled in Judaea, Samaria, and Idumea for ten years and Cyrenius is the English rendition of κυρηνιος the Hellenised version of the name Publius Sulpicius Quirinius.
Who was Josephs Father?
*Jacob* (Matthew1:16)
or
*Heli* (Luke3:23)
Matthew 1
16 *And Jacob begat Joseph* the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
and
Luke 3
23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of *Joseph, which was the son of Heli,*
It doesn't matter what language you use because the error is not a fault of bad translation. The error is inherent in the original fairytale that *contradicts itself.*

Quote:
Back to your hallowed book of sects and cults you go
I don't have any "hallowed books. I am not a Catholic, I merely recognise that the Christian religion is the property of its instigators not of the thieves who filed off the serial numbers and claimed it as their own. The Protestant churches are nothing more than petulant children who denied the authority of the pope because they wanted to give themselves divine permission to "sin" Henry VIII only embraced Protestantism because he wanted to trade in his 47 year old wife for a younger model. Had the pope annulled his marriage as Henry had asked England would have remained staunchly Catholic, would not have supported the Protestants in Europe so the Spanish would have easily crushed the Dutch and German Protestant principalities (Assisted by the "Fidei Defensior" king Henry, and you, BigD would have referred to Protestantism as just another failed heresy like the Manicheans, Lollards, Hussites, Cathars, etc while extolling the virtues of Ratzinger and Mother Teresa.

Last edited by Nimrod on 18-Mar-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle