Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
5759 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
Home
Features
News
Forums
Classifieds
Links
Downloads
Extras
OS4 Zone
IRC Network
AmigaWorld Radio
Newsfeed
Top Members
Amiga Dealers
Information
About Us
FAQs
Advertise
Polls
Terms of Service
Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
82 crawler(s) on-line.
 15 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

K-L,  CosmosUnivers

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 K-L:  3 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  3 mins ago
 Bezzen:  20 mins ago
 Derfs:  26 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  29 mins ago
 Rob:  40 mins ago
 Vidar:  54 mins ago
 Marcian:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 11 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Development
      /  Amos Professional Official Source Code Release MIT [And future for AGA]
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
NutsAboutAmiga 
Re: Amos Professional Official Source Code Release MIT [And future for AGA]
Posted on 30-Apr-2020 18:37:40
#21 ]
Elite Member

@coldacid

Microsoft business model changed with Windows 10, now they have become a store selling software.

Yes, they might not charge for development studio, but they charge you for the approved, its safe certificate.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 30-Apr-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
coldacid 
Posted on 30-Apr-2020 21:24:33
#22 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Microsoft's business model changed with Azure. Now the big money for them isn't selling licenses to Windows and Office, but rather selling "the cloud" to developers. And if those developers lock into Microsoft technologies, even better. But if they can't use Microsoft's preferred development systems on their MacBooks or Linux machines, it's a lot more difficult to get them to host their web services on Azure. Hence, the big move for Microsoft to add Linux into Win10, and open-source .NET. It's like a drug dealer giving out a free hit to new customers -- get 'em hooked and they're yours forever.

But enough going OT for me.

Lou 
Posted on 30-Apr-2020 22:35:58
#23 ]
Elite Member

@coldacid

Quote:

coldacid wrote:
@NutsAboutAmiga

Microsoft's business model changed with Azure. Now the big money for them isn't selling licenses to Windows and Office, but rather selling "the cloud" to developers. And if those developers lock into Microsoft technologies, even better. But if they can't use Microsoft's preferred development systems on their MacBooks or Linux machines, it's a lot more difficult to get them to host their web services on Azure. Hence, the big move for Microsoft to add Linux into Win10, and open-source .NET. It's like a drug dealer giving out a free hit to new customers -- get 'em hooked and they're yours forever.

But enough going OT for me.

Right, and they've announce that they do not plan on enhancing VB.net any further.
Many professionals are quite pissed (myself included) at Microsoft's announcement:
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/vbteam/visual-basic-support-planned-for-net-5-0/

It's open-source.
It's quite beautiful.

There are alternatives to Visual Studio.
Regardless, Visual Studio is the IDE, not the compiler.
Again, the compiler is open source.

https://github.com/dotnet/vblang
https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn
Take it and embrace it.

Last edited by Lou on 30-Apr-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 30-Apr-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 30-Apr-2020 at 10:37 PM.

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 1-May-2020 3:47:55
#24 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

@AmiDARK

Quote:

AmiDARK wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'n not the guy who will port Visual Basic to AMIGA.

Hopefully ... not !

OlafS25 
Posted on 1-May-2020 9:40:32
#25 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

it is enough now

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 1-May-2020 9:58:27
#26 ]

@OlafS25

What is that, friend OlafS25, a threat? Have you ever been part of AmigaWorld long enough as your 5000+ posts seem to suggest?

Because if you had, you might have seen the harshest insults been exchanged. Not to mention the legal threats, the personal attacks, the stalking, the offences to religious beliefs, and more.

And what have I done, have I uttered a single insult, my friend? Have I damaged something or someone? So what is this, what is this "enough now", enough truth? Enough trying to unearth the past so that history isn't repeated?

History such as, let me think, bounties awarded for useless broken junk that no one ever had a use for. Machines being bought for self proclaimed developers who didn't deliver a single line of code? Snake oil salesmen exploiting the innocence of these fora dwellers to get undeserved praise and attention?

With this past and these agents of darkness, you threaten ME of all people?
Friend OlafS25, you are on a truly wrongful path.

Best Regards
MRJM

OlafS25 
Posted on 1-May-2020 11:13:17
#27 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

sorry what is your problem?

Do something constructive.... not talk down and demotivate other people

I do not understand people behaving like that

BTW he did NOT break bounty

and he is currently not asking for money, you can donate but you are not required to

and he is delivering... what exactly are your contributions except this kind of negative talk?

Last edited by OlafS25 on 01-May-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Last edited by OlafS25 on 01-May-2020 at 11:15 AM.

AmiDARK 
Posted on 1-May-2020 11:40:45
#28 ]

@OlafS25
Err ! Now I understand the RJMical Troll problem.

It concern the period where community proposed me to oput the AmiDARK Engine under a Bounty.
Where Daytona argued the product was a full bullshit saying he didn't understand how demonstration were able to run with so much errors inside source code. (but they run perfectly showing he was not perfect ... But that ... )

The fact, that I did found the "way of acting" of daytona as Aggressive and not adapted to the situation was not accepted by the Amiga community in the past, reason why I became aggressive to defend myself from destructive view of some peoples... I did not ask money for the Engine, it's the Amiga community that proposed me that ...

Daytona, was a good coder, but had a destructive view of my previous project without being capable to see what was positive on it. Being good at a discipline does not give you the right to be destructive against others... But it was years ago ... And Mister troll cannot accept that people evolves, things changes ... He is just a troll.

The truth was that some people contacted me in private to participate to makes the AmiDARK Engine evolve without using loud voices (because they though it has good potential) but more discretes help probably due to the big voice of god Daytona in the forums...

Even with their help, I prefered stop everything because I understand tha the truth was that some peoples are elitist and dislike concurrence... And due to the fact that I am hypersentivite, it was destructive to my health too... But people like Daytona and those that followed him blindly weren't able to see that as we are only on forum ... not in true life...

The worst in the story, is that all demonstration worked perfectly because I knew what I did ... Despite the view of Daytona at this period ... The "I don't understand how demo works" may have put questionning to people ... but no one did ... Reason why I removed AmiDARK Engine from the Bounty.

I was deceived by a community following blindly someone without questionning themselves about all informations of the situation...

He wants to be the Zorro that makes me go away because he think I'm not a good coder ... But ... He know nothing of what I did during the 10 last years and what is my job today ... He is just a troll ...

Last edited by AmiDARK on 01-May-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Last edited by AmiDARK on 01-May-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Last edited by AmiDARK on 01-May-2020 at 11:44 AM.

kolla 
Posted on 1-May-2020 12:01:34
#29 ]

I only recall avoiding anything AMOS simply because just about all AMOS software started with by turning off multitasking and taking over the entire machine.

kolla 
Posted on 1-May-2020 12:09:42
#30 ]

@AmiDARK

Quote:
all demonstration worked perfectly because I knew what I did ...

Ah, of course :)

The wonderful thing is that now anyone can make their own forks, fix all that is wrong to their liking, and distribute their forks as they are pleased without even bothering to notify you. The least annoying fork is the one that will be used most (if any at all).

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 1-May-2020 12:26:27
#31 ]

@OlafS25

Quote:

It concern the period where community proposed me to oput the AmiDARK Engine under a Bounty.

Even with their help, I prefered stop everything because I understand tha the truth was that some peoples are elitist and dislike concurrence...

And due to the fact that I am hypersentivite, it was destructive to my health too...

I was deceived by a community following blindly someone without questionning themselves about all informations of the situation...

And this kind banter, friend OlafS25, is why I do what I do.
Ah, my good friends, taking yourselves oh so seriously.

Calling someone a Troll because he basks in the MIRTH of what is, in fact, nothing but a game, and a joke on that very game, and perhaps even a game about joking on that game!

Open your hearts. Remember you're here to leave the bitterness of your dreadful lives behind, and have some laughs with your Amigaworld dot net friends!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

MEGA RJ MICAL

Lou 
Posted on 1-May-2020 14:22:14
#32 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Quote:

kolla wrote:
I only recall avoiding anything AMOS simply because just about all AMOS software started with by turning off multitasking and taking over the entire machine.

Seems logical for a language optimized for making games.

For general applications there is BlitzBasic as others have mentioned.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 1-May-2020 16:42:09
#33 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Its not logical, it will disable USB, it disables network, it disables, AHI, devices and lots of other stuff that is controlled by the OS, not just the workbench, it be smarter if people adjusted the priorities of running tasks.

But consider that most of this stuff was written in 1988-1990s people did know any better.

The only think of this can be useful for is benchmarks, if you do wont the OS to mess with resources.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 01-May-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 01-May-2020 at 04:43 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 01-May-2020 at 04:43 PM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 1-May-2020 16:46:05
#34 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

AMOS was created to make games for A500

Trixie 
Posted on 1-May-2020 17:18:50
#35 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@AmiDARK

Quote:
But people like Daytona and those that followed him blindly weren't able to see that

Daytona is a very experienced developer, and his Amiga programming track-record outshines yours. I know it hurts when someones criticizes your work, but we can only learn from people who are more knowledgeable than us. Negative feedback is learning material, too. The worst thing you can do is dismiss someone as "troll" only because they point out flaws in your work.

AmigaOne X5000/020 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 1-May-2020 17:30:26
#36 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Well considering that many had upgraded to A590, or GVP HD controllers, also consider that A2000 is basicly a desktop Amiga500, Also the A600 was upgradable with HD. It also falls into this time period I belive. a lot people used workbench, forbid and permit are not commands in AMOS, but it is included in the extension like craft and turbo plus I believe, there is nothing in the manual has far I know that advice you to do this.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 01-May-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 01-May-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 01-May-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 01-May-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 01-May-2020 at 05:31 PM.

AmiDARK 
Posted on 1-May-2020 17:54:23
#37 ]

@Trixie :
I don't t dismiss Daytona as a Troll and I know he is a well experienced coder, I criticized the way he did things (not friendly way). It's not because he is good at coding, that he may have the right to be incorrect with peoples when he show his knowledge. I already said this in the past, some other peoples contacted me in private at the same period, in a friendly way, and that helped in development (I added some of them as contributor/developer in the GitHub).
Daytona did never have any friendly way, only an elitist judgment against my work. It's NOT constructive. It's a fact. Criticize is always negative, advices are positives.

It was shown to me with the fact that he didn't see the way I handled the engine rendering that allowed a really flexible way of drawing 2D graphics, 2D sprites,, 3D, Texts, etc... where controls over priorities were easy and powerful ... He did only concentrate on "unfinished stuff" forgetting to see that it was a WIP project...

I never accept people with aggressive behaviour against me, it will not change, whatever the reason. Good or not good. I said this from the beginning is him flaming my work in the past, he didn't change it's way of interact with me, the Amiga community encouraged him in his way of acting, It was destructive and not constructive, and provoked health issue (I'm hypersensible/hypersensitive) I stopped. Final dot.

The only thing, is that Amiga OS4 community lost the possibility to have a game engine like DarkGDK, AppGameKIT on AmigaOS4, kind of game engine that may help bring new games more easily .. as the existing frameworks were not especially developed for AmigaOS4.

Did someone start a project like the one I did ?
All is there ... The way we act, condition the way peoples react. It's a fact.
If Daytona was "friendly" in his approach the things may be different today.

But now, it's past I don't want to flame him again as with time people sometimes changes ... There was no interest to bring this here excepted to destroy the subject of the thread 'Amos Professional AGA' ... What RJ Mical fake account probably want...

Last edited by AmiDARK on 01-May-2020 at 05:55 PM.

BSzili 
Posted on 1-May-2020 19:29:08
#38 ]

@AmiDARK

Quote:
Criticize is always negative, advices are positives.

kas1e 
Posted on 1-May-2020 21:18:48
#39 ]
Amiga Developer Team

I love this "if you criticize me, you are a troll" :)

Last edited by kas1e on 01-May-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Last edited by kas1e on 01-May-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Rob 
Posted on 1-May-2020 22:32:19
#40 ]
Elite Member

@AmiDARK

I think Dan was just trying to give an honest appraisal of your code and wasn't aggressive in what he said. I think it is not wrong for him to focus on bugs and shortcomings because if you fix those things the positive aspects will take care of themselves. I'm sure that Dan makes oversights when working on his own projects and takes the same analytical approach to his own code as he did with yours.

Remember his critiscm was of the code and not your personally. I think you went on the defensive way to quickly when perhaps you should have taken a different perspective and separated yourself from your code. I understand that as you describe yourself as being hypersensitive that this may be difficult to do instead of lashing out. I think Dan would rather see you succeed than fail and I'm sure that if you met at an Amiga show you'd get on just fine. It's easy to missunderstand each other when posting on a forum.

I hope that one day that you might consider revisiting AmiDark as it did look promising but I understand that your focus is now on enhancing Amos with AGA support.

On the subject of Amos, you may not be aware that Adam Zalepa has published a programmers guide for it. It may be worth getting in contact with him so that he can cover your update in a future revision of the book. Since he obviously has an indepth knowledge of the language and programming environment he would probably be able help advise you on improvments to Amos.

Don't let the negativity of others cause you to drop a project you are passionate about. I remember when Dennis Van Weeren first revealed the the Minimig project he received a lot of negativity with people calling it a hoax but he still pushed on and proved them wrong.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle