Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 77 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Vidar:  14 mins ago
 matthey:  17 mins ago
 amig_os:  18 mins ago
 Hondo:  18 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  26 mins ago
 pavlor:  40 mins ago
 Hypex:  55 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 Ratta:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 54 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  WHY? An unfair ban
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: WHY? An unfair ban
Posted on 10-May-2020 23:29:59
#61 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

@amigadave

Quote:

amigadave wrote:
@thread,

via PM's with Mega_RJ_Mical, I believe this issue has been resolved, so I am asking _Steve_ , or Sibbi to lock this thread (seems I can't lock it myself anymore), and returning to my Non-Moderator state of being. Please return to your regular state of Amiga enjoyment (or for some few of you, the continuous whining and complaining about things that you are barely interested in).

Thanks amigadave,

you have proven an openmindedness that seems to defy most of forum dwellers, and for some reason moderators in particular.

I think a point was proven in this chain of events, and actually I have no intention to continue posting.

As BigD had somehow guessed, there is obviously a perfectly normal and sane individual behind this character I was playing. Come on who could be so cocky and obnoxious and pompous in real life.

To everyone who found this character unbearable and offensive and lost their hats in shock: god almighty, you never enjoyed, say, drinking one too many and going crazy?

Anyway, sorry for the ruckus, I suppose.
Back to normality!
Cheers

(ps. mysterious moderator who kept banning me and never cared explaining your reasons or asking mine, the next guy you silence with this attitude might decide to tear this site apart using one of its myriad vulnerabilities.. say, the one that can shred the the DB using pms, the remote code execution through the image gallery... :~) learn to be nicer)

Last edited by MEGA_RJ_MICAL on 10-May-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Last edited by MEGA_RJ_MICAL on 10-May-2020 at 11:33 PM.
Last edited by MEGA_RJ_MICAL on 10-May-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
DiscreetFX 
Posted on 10-May-2020 23:43:16
#62 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

Will he be changing his name to something more acceptable?

AP 
Posted on 11-May-2020 15:02:50
#63 ]
Cult Member

@amigadave:

Will he stop using a picture from respected aw-member RobertoB?

https://amigaworld.net/userinfo.php?uid=5626

amigadave 
Posted on 11-May-2020 15:22:29
#64 ]

@AP

Quote:

AP wrote:
@amigadave:

Will he stop using a picture from respected aw-member RobertoB?

https://amigaworld.net/userinfo.php?uid=5626

That was not part of my discussion with him.

@discreetfx,

I don't think it is possible to change the name of your account nickname, after it is created, but it seems to be a moot point, since he has stated that he no longer intends to post to these forums. It appears that he has had his fun stirring up the hornets nest, and now it is no longer interesting to play that game.

Or not, and he will continue to post here.

Either way, I'm not getting sucked back into moderating this site, and the many childish members here. It is a thankless job full of abuse and very little gratitude, where the moderator is constantly in a "No Win" situation.

AP 
Posted on 11-May-2020 17:22:21
#65 ]
Cult Member

@amigadave

Quote:

Either way, I'm not getting sucked back into moderating this site, and the many childish members here. It is a thankless job full of abuse and very little gratitude, where the moderator is constantly in a "No Win" situation.

Understandable

And it's not my website, so I have to accept, that there is (almost?) no moderation here. On the other hand: No one forces me to read and post here.

And hopefully no one got me wrong: I am all for free speech and sharing different opinions, I even tolerate nonsense and "stirring up the hornets nest" (although it's boring after a time - but still: I can ignore such posts).

But using photos from other aw-members and using RJ Micals name is not really funny for me (and I would have warned or even banned him for this for sure).

But again: It's not my site and maybe it's all about a very different taste of humour.

Last edited by AP on 11-May-2020 at 06:44 PM.

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 12-May-2020 2:06:58
#66 ]
Elite Member

@AP

I didn’t agree with James Franko using Roberts picture and RJ’s name either. What if RJ googles it he works for Google after all. And James Franko is already a celebrity, he does not have to impersonate others. Just hang with Johnny Debt and chill already. Sorry for all the edits, my iPhone autocorrect butchered my original post.

Last edited by DiscreetFX on 12-May-2020 at 02:12 AM.
Last edited by DiscreetFX on 12-May-2020 at 02:10 AM.
Last edited by DiscreetFX on 12-May-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Last edited by DiscreetFX on 12-May-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Last edited by DiscreetFX on 12-May-2020 at 02:08 AM.
Last edited by DiscreetFX on 12-May-2020 at 02:08 AM.
Last edited by DiscreetFX on 12-May-2020 at 02:07 AM.
Last edited by DiscreetFX on 12-May-2020 at 02:07 AM.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 13-May-2020 13:14:15
#67 ]
Team Member

@amigadave

Quote:

@discreetfx,

I don't think it is possible to change the name of your account nickname, after it is created, but it seems to be a moot point, since he has stated that he no longer intends to post to these forums. It appears that he has had his fun stirring up the hornets nest, and now it is no longer interesting to play that game.

Or not, and he will continue to post here.

It should be possible to amend the username and if a more suitable name is provided I am sure it can be accommodated.

m0lebrain 
Posted on 13-May-2020 21:55:44
#68 ]

I'm just so confused now. I think somebody spike my punch.

bison 
Posted on 14-May-2020 2:39:49
#69 ]
Elite Member

@m0lebrain

Perhaps you're the one that's sober, and everyone else has been drinking.

kolla 
Posted on 15-May-2020 14:56:01
#70 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Just want to say that I have been enjoying your mostly insightful shenanigans :)

Regarding moderation, too many put way too much energy and feelings into huffing and puffing and blow themselves up over what others are posting, and calling for bans east and west...

Last edited by kolla on 15-May-2020 at 03:07 PM.

AP 
Posted on 15-May-2020 18:07:21
#71 ]
Cult Member

@kolla: For me it´s not about what he's posted, I just asked if it's ok to use pictures from other aw-members or real names from other persons for his comments. If it's within the forum-rules I have to accept it. I am not really ok with it, but that's my personal taste and opinion.

And it's not about bans or censorship, it's about behaviour. And even he said, that his behaviour wasn´t right. I really accept and respect his apology.

And sorry, if someone is begging so hard for attention it's natural that he will get this attention after some time, for good and for bad.

Last edited by AP on 15-May-2020 at 06:17 PM.

ferrels 
Posted on 15-May-2020 20:17:41
#72 ]
Cult Member

I've enjoyed MEGA_RJ_MICAL's posts and found him to be quite comical, but then I also found Franko to be quite a funny character as well. Gotta agree with Kolla that there are far too many pompous forum members here who take themselves far too seriously. How long before we see a poll asking MEGA_RJ_MICAL to post again or not?

Massi 
Posted on 15-May-2020 20:40:22
#73 ]
Cult Member

In absence of moderators, everything is possible.
Unfortunately.

kolla 
Posted on 15-May-2020 22:21:06
#74 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

Just so it is clear, Franko is not a character, he’s real :)

amigadave 
Posted on 15-May-2020 22:29:33
#75 ]

@Massi

Quote:

Massi wrote:
In absence of moderators, everything is possible.
Unfortunately

"Unfortunately"

Yes, this is so true.

It is unfortunate that the ratio of useful, or interesting forum messages posted on this site seems to be about 10:1 in favor of useless, pointless, and childish behavior, and IMHO, a complete waste of time and energy. It might be time for me to take another 2 to 3 year vacation from even reading what goes on here.

That plus the fact that so little is happening with AmigaOS4.1, and I can get much more sane forum messages mostly about MorphOS on MorphZone, I don't know why I bother to visit this site at all.

It was really nice chatting with you _Steve_, and I really hope this site can get back to being a great place to visit and discuss Amiga related topics, but for me, it's not worth my time to visit here, so I'm out.

To the rest of you, both those that I enjoy, and those who I don't enjoy reading, good luck, stay safe, and to the few who mostly ruin productive, or entertaining forum topics, Grow UP!

AP 
Posted on 16-May-2020 10:01:58
#76 ]
Cult Member

@amigadave: Sad, that you see it that way. I would say that there are still enough sane people here who are interested in discussing Amiga-topics. As long this is the case I will read and post here, if not, I will stop posting. No big drama. I already made longer breaks here. aw.net is not the only website with Amiga-topics on the internet.

And you take every comment about moderating far too personal.

I for example wasn't aware, that the site isn't moderated at all. So my questions were more technical (are some things within the forum rules?). It was not a cry for moderation or bans.

I think even the comment from Massi was not an attack against moderators or ex-moderators, just a general statement. It's a matter of fact that on unmoderated forums more cracy stuff is going on than on moderated forums.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 16-May-2020 11:26:17
#77 ]
Elite Member

@AP

Well I wonder about, this used to be extremely pro AmigaOS4 web page, then it shifted to become a more open web page, and they wonted a more balanced web page, introducing moderators from MorphOS camps, and AROS camp, and then the website got sold to AmigaKIT, and now is part of that network, that is again maybe more pro AmigaOS4 and AmigaOS3, and now controlled by commercial entity that have invested interest in AmigaOS4 and OS3, it used to be site by people for the people.

I wonder if lack interest in moderation is a result of current status of web forum, does pro MorphOS / AROS moderators want to work for AmigaKit? And there really is not lot of MorphOS or AROS topics here, a lot of interesting topic really moved to facebook groups, most interesting AmigaOS4 topics are no longer on this site due turbulence, that this site has experienced, most interesting stuff is on amigans.net, however it has become a site that developers hang around and not normal people.

And also, lot changes have happened to Amiga.org where this site has become more inclusive. As result maybe there is what a vacuum here, most people around have always been here.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 16-May-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 16-May-2020 at 03:59 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 16-May-2020 at 11:28 AM.

AP 
Posted on 16-May-2020 12:50:34
#78 ]
Cult Member

@NutsAboutAmiga:
Thank you for the overview. I used to read and post more in German Amiga forums (with os4welt there is even an German AOS4-only forum) and took longer breaks here from time to time, so I am not really up to date what's going on on aw.net.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 16-May-2020 16:05:25
#79 ]
Team Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

A lack of moderation is the result of staff just lacking time, moving on or losing interest over the years.

It is a difficult task to keep on top of sites when there aren't many of you left to deal with things.

@amigadave

Likewise, it was nice talking to you again. Stay safe there.

PR 
Posted on 16-May-2020 22:00:47
#80 ]

Hoping The Best for our Hobby and new exiting things as we were in the 80+90's.

This person should look in the mirror? Yäk.

PR Hopes The Best. Not Shouting,- Only the + 2000 fun things and a few Migas with some dongles;)

Next week a new Net Program and Wings and DeluxePaint VI and Super Cars 4 and Alien Breed and It Came From The Desert Kill 'em all You know.

This is a peacefull time to make some.

Waiting and buying if ever;)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle