Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 49 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  6 mins ago
 Cammy:  18 mins ago
 amigakit:  44 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 SOFISTISOFTWARE:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 Marcian:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Don't "rainbow-wash" me bro!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
PosterThread
MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Re: Don't "rainbow-wash" me bro!
Posted on 9-Jun-2022 14:04:40
#61 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

ZORRAM

Profile     Report this post  
Karlos 
Posted on 9-Jun-2022 14:04:56
#62 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Quote:
ps. I am not Frank(o)!

True. You're more a Clark K*nt to his Stuporman.

BigD 
Posted on 9-Jun-2022 17:48:17
#63 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Ridiculous and narcissistic behaviour at every turn!

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 9-Jun-2022 23:29:07
#64 ]

Quote:

BigD wrote:

Ridiculous and narcissistic behaviour at every turn!

Friend BigD,
are you ignorant on the meaning of "narcissistic", or are you simply trying to summon Hotrod?

/m

BigD 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 5:56:30
#65 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Narcissicism:

Quote:
A mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

And the reason Violent Ken needs to be at the top of the page of every thread despite having nothing to say is?

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 6:36:57
#66 ]

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Thread

Narcissicism: (Friend, you can't even spell the word you want to teach to others)

Quote:
A mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance

Quote:
a deep need for excessive attention and admiration

Quote:
troubled relationships

*cough*

/mega!
thanks for your submission

Rob 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 6:39:47
#67 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Is this you?

agami 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 7:48:51
#68 ]

@Bosanac

Quote:

Bosanac wrote:

Da, ti si licemjer!

Napustili ste našu lijepu domovinu da biste živjeli na zemlji koju je ukrala Velika Britanija.

For the sake of accuracy, my parents were the ones who left and eventually became naturalized Australians, and then after many years returned to Yugoslavia. Thanks to them, I got to experience the country of my birth, completed my formal education, and even did my year of national military service. The fruit doesn't fall far from the proverbial tree: My dreams and aspirations were bigger than that beautiful pearl in the Balkans could support, so I went back to Australia.

In the extreme example of "You can't go home again", the country I was born in no longer exists. To whom do I speak about that?

Last edited by agami on 10-Jun-2022 at 07:52 AM.

Bosanac 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 11:28:14
#69 ]

@agami

Quote:
For the sake of accuracy, my parents were the ones who left and eventually became naturalized Australians, and then after many years returned to Yugoslavia. Thanks to them, I got to experience the country of my birth, completed my formal education, and even did my year of national military service. The fruit doesn't fall far from the proverbial tree: My dreams and aspirations were bigger than that beautiful pearl in the Balkans could support, so I went back to Australia.

In the extreme example of "You can't go home again", the country I was born in no longer exists. To whom do I speak about that?

Karlos already said it, but...

You live in a country stolen from its natives by force and benefit from those privileges every day, but you have a go at BigBozzerD for being privileged at being born and raised in the UK.

Why do you believe he doesn't know how blessed he is to be in that situation?

He seems to be a God fearing man, I'm sure he thanks God very day for his privileged life.

Do you?

Karlos 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 12:06:50
#70 ]
Elite Member

At the risk of being closer to the original topic...

In my experience, the majority of trangender (as opposed to post operative transexual / reassigned) people appear to be biological males that identify as female.

How does a biological male decide he's female? He may prefer doing things traditionally considered feminine, but how can he know what it "feels like" or "is" to be a woman, if he's not one? I'm a biological male. I can definitely try to imagine what it's like to be a woman but the truth is, I'd be lying if I said I know, any more than I could claim to understand what it's like to be anyone else here reading this. That's objective reality. My perception of what it must be like to be a woman is completely subjective. Even if it were possible to isolate my conscious and losslessly install it into a fully female body, without the years of familiarity and development behind it, I still wouldn't know.

The modern answer to gender dysphoria seems to be to indulge people in a fantasy rather than to try and understand the root cause and heaven forbid, make someone content in their own skin.
This ideology has become unchallengeable today. Are trans people happier in their assumed genders? The trope often given to distressed parents with gender confused children that it's "better to have a love daughter than a dead son" (or vice versa). This must be why suicide rates are lower than average among transgender groups than the cisgender baseline... Oh wait.

Dare to question any of it? You're instantly a bigot.

kolla 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 17:26:02
#71 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

You know, what’s considered masculine or feminine is mostly a cultural thing that varies a lot from culture to culture and certainly also a lot over time (rococo era clothing for men, when pink was the colour of wealth and masculinity, and tiny shoes with high heels was high status among men). In addition, langauge matters, gender related attitudes to a degree colours the language and vice versa - there are languages that don’t distinguish between “he” and “she”, “man”and “woman” etc, and never have.

But to get ovarian cancer, you just need ovaries.

Or let’s try something else - foreskin cancer, for which foreskin is needed, for which one must be a man. Only men have foreskin. And then there are those who run around claiming to be men, despite not having foreskins! And militant too!! And not only that, they want the rest of us to remove foreskins too!! Because some old and badly translated book!!

Where I am from, we had many gods (several of which are now marvel characters, sigh.) The ruler among them, whos name matches the slavic word for “one” (no coincidence I am sure) made a long list of advice - not rules, not laws, but advice - for how to behave and be a good human being. The first of these is a reminder, that one should be careful with how one go about in life, because there’s only one thing that will last forever - a bad reputation.

Last edited by kolla on 10-Jun-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Karlos 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 18:51:28
#72 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

I don't really see how anything you've written really addresses the point. As a male, how can I claim, with even the remotest credibility that I "feel like" a female, when I have no lived experience to draw upon? I could engage in whatever female societal norms prevail today, wear whatever clothes and try to emulate the outward behaviour, appearance and mannerisms that I observe of females. It does not make me female. Calling myself a "woman" is no more credible than calling myself a kangaroo because I can hop and punch. Yet, today I'm expected to accept a conclusion that has no basis in objective reality.

I think at some level even the most vocal trans activists recognise this and that's why we see a push to erase words like "woman", "breastfeeding" and "mother" in contexts that nobody can really argue are not female in nature. Not because they are somehow anti inclusive, but because they are an unwanted reminder of reality that certain people do not want to accept.

Last edited by Karlos on 10-Jun-2022 at 06:52 PM.

kolla 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 19:19:12
#73 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Well, this obviously isn’t about trans males who call themselves women, I really don’t understand why that’s even something to debate here - no ovaries. If anything, it’s about people with ovaries who may not all be super happy about being classified as “women”.

bhabbott 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 19:28:03
#74 ]

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:

Let's unpack that from the Bible.

Genesis 6
Quote:
5Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7The LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

But in what way was Man 'wicked'? For that we have to look at other verses:-

Why Did God Flood the World?
Quote:
“The flood generation was punished for illicit sex, as it is written, ‘the sons of God saw how beautiful the daughters of men were’” (Gen. 6:2).

In context, the cohabitation described in Genesis 6:1–4 provides a pretext for God’s decision to destroy the world... The implication of the story is that the purpose of the flood was not to repair human conduct, but to wipe out the demigods, the progeny of the union of the “sons of God” and the “daughters of men.”

Quote:
And though the UK is in a similar state not valuing the lives of the vulnerable i.e. the elderly (see the pandemic) and the unborn child

What does the Bible really say about abortion?
Quote:
Given the importance conservative Christians, Catholic and Protestant, have granted abortion in recent years, some might assume that their own opposition stems, in some way, from biblical teachings. But in the entire corpus of biblical law, abortion is never mentioned....

The text that served as the basis for later discussion in Jewish tradition is in Exodus, whose 21st chapter reads (in Hebrew): “When people who are fighting injure a pregnant woman so that there is a miscarriage, but no other harm occurs,” there is a financial penalty...

In later Jewish tradition, which is based on the Bible but tries to fill in the gaps where the Bible is not explicit, the issue is often whether the greater part of the head has emerged. If it has, abortion is no longer an option. In some cases, the baby has only been deemed a person when it is fully born.

IOW, an 'unborn child' was the same as property, to be compensated for with money if broken.

And of course there are plenty of places in the Bible where God decides to go on a killing spree for 'reasons', or helps the Israelites slaughter their enemies. Apart from the flood, the most infamous example would probably be Sodom and Gomorrah. He killed them all - men, women and children (including unborn) because some of their men preferred gay to straight sex.

So you see, it was all about sex. God was the biggest prude in the Universe, and He punished those whose sexual orientation upset Him by killing not just them but also their families and everyone else. In one case He even punished a guy for not impregnating his brother's widow - how screwed up is that? But what do you expect from the prick who enjoys raping 12-14 year old virgins?

Quote:
He could have acted the same way and wiped us out because of our sin, but every time he shows us a rainbow in in the sky it's a promise I'm His mercy He will not do that again.

Every time I see a rainbow I remember that it is caused by rain. So more like a warning than a promise.

God doesn't deserve the rainbow. I say let the LGBT community have it - to celebrate diversity rather than homicidal prudishness.

Quote:
For God did not send For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

“Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.” - Jesus Christ

Last edited by bhabbott on 10-Jun-2022 at 07:33 PM.

Karlos 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 21:23:31
#75 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Really? That's the argument? That it better to risk offending the majority of women than risk offending a minority that identify as men should they happen to have the terrible misfortune of contracting ovarian cancer? If that is more of a concern to their sense of well being than having a life limiting illness with just about the worst survival rates of all cancers again, they have bigger problems. I sincerely doubt that this is a legitimate concern, just agitation by a highly vocal minority. Like woke idiots taking offence on behalf of others. My mother died of ovarian cancer. It was bad enough having it, but she was fortunate enough to have passed before the moronity that seems to be pervading women's healthcare today.

This extends further. Terms like "chestfeeder" and "birthing person" are not the sort.of things new mother really want to go through given how emotional and difficult the whole experience can be in the first place. I've seen that first hand too, believe me.

kolla 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 21:47:42
#76 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Sheesh, it isn’t about not offending anyone - but clearly some people go to the extreme to be offended - on purpose, on behalf of others! You are exactly that person you yourself are complaining about? Why do you feel the need to be offended over something so silly as this?

Last edited by kolla on 10-Jun-2022 at 09:49 PM.

bhabbott 
Posted on 10-Jun-2022 22:02:04
#77 ]

@Karlos

Quote:

Karlos wrote:
@kolla

Really? That's the argument? That it better to risk offending the majority of women than risk offending a minority that identify as men should they happen to have the terrible misfortune of contracting ovarian cancer?

Get used to it.

Yesterday I went to the supermarket and noticed a van outside offering free vaccinations. Since I need a flu shot soon I inquired, and the nurse rattled off a bunch of questions to decide if I qualified. One of the questions was 'Are you pregnant?'. I'm a 64 year old almost bald man of stocky build, but she still had to ask.

Can men become pregnant?
Quote:
Anyone who has a uterus and ovaries could become pregnant and give birth.

People who are born male and living as men cannot get pregnant. A transgender man or nonbinary person may be able to, however.

It is only possible for a person to be pregnant if they have a uterus. The uterus is the womb, which is where the fetus develops. Male reproductive organs include testicles and a penis but no uterus.

The terms “man” and “woman” refer to a person’s gender, which encompasses the socially constructed characteristics that differentiate the traditional binary sexes — male and female.

Unlike a person’s biological sex, which an individual’s reproductive organs and secondary sex characteristics define, genetics alone do not determine a person’s gender.

A person’s gender may include specific social roles, norms, and expectations that differentiate men and women.

These characteristics are subjective, and they differ among societies, social classes, and cultures. The gender by which a person identifies depends on the individual.

The extraordinary case of the Guevedoces
Quote:
The discovery of a small community in the Dominican Republic, where some males are born looking like girls and only grow penises at puberty, has led to the development of a blockbuster drug that has helped millions of people...

Like the other Guevedoces, Johnny was brought up as a girl because he had no visible testes or penis and what appeared to be a vagina. It is only when he approached puberty that his penis grew and testicles descended.

Johnny, once known as Felicita, remembers going to school in a little red dress, though he says he was never happy doing girl things.

"I never liked to dress as a girl and when they bought me toys for girls I never bothered playing with them - when I saw a group of boys I would stop to play ball with them."

When Imperato-McGinley investigated the Guevedoces she discovered the reason they don't have male genitalia when they are born is because they are deficient in an enzyme called 5-alpha-reductase, which normally converts testosterone into dihydro-testosterone.

This deficiency seems to be a genetic condition, quite common in this part of the Dominican Republic, but vanishingly rare elsewhere. So the boys, despite having an XY chromosome, appear female when they are born. At puberty, like other boys, they get a second surge of testosterone. This time the body does respond and they sprout muscles, testes and a penis.

Imperato-McGinley's thorough medical investigations showed that in most cases their new, male equipment seems to work fine and that most Guevedoces live out their lives as men, though some go through an operation and remain female.

Karlos 
Posted on 11-Jun-2022 0:51:22
#78 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

As I said previously you won't find any female perspective here. Consequently, I'm relaying the offence this has caused to people I care about. Personally, yes, I do find it offensive. Perhaps not for all the same reasons that, for example, my wife does, though there is definitely overlap. She does not identify as a someone who "chestfeeds" or as a "birthing person". Why should she accept those labels? Beyond this it offends me to think that of all the issues confronting our beleaguered healthcare system that this is something that apparently matters more than, well, whatever else didn't receive the resource allocation in time and money.

Respectfully, we'll have to disagree. However, I would just put it to you that if you truly think that wording shouldn't cause any offence then you also must agree there was never a need to change it in the first place.

Last edited by Karlos on 11-Jun-2022 at 12:56 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 11-Jun-2022 11:03:26
#79 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

The language will only change if we put up with the woke idiots that are trying to force the change. Just as marriage is STILL "between one man and woman foresaking all others for life" despite what David Cameron tried to force on us via parliament and the official 'redefinition'.

The truth is the truth and sticking to Biblical morality will bring conflict even between members of a family hence the Matthew 10:34 verse. There won't be peace in this life because Jesus and the Bible ARE offensive to those who don't want to honour and obey their creator. This is a war of words and we should hold on woman, man, father, mother, husband, wife and marriage before we're all self defining as preposterous things we're actual not while suing others for not coming along on the Alice in Wonderland journey with us!

Last edited by BigD on 11-Jun-2022 at 11:04 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 11-Jun-2022 at 11:03 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 11-Jun-2022 11:11:26
#80 ]
Elite Member

@bhabbott

In case it needs clarifying, "the sword" Jesus spoke about is the Word of God e.g. the Bible, an armour of God. It will bring about strife for Bible believing Christians (not cultural/lukewarm one's who will obviously avoid all spiritual confrontation to attain an easy life) as those that don't accept God's way and denigrate the rainbow for example won't like it!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle