Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 108 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  10 mins ago
 Hammer:  15 mins ago
 Hypex:  26 mins ago
 Karlos:  29 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  34 mins ago
 Rob:  52 mins ago
 cdimauro:  1 hr 44 mins ago
 retrofaza:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 Seiya:  6 hrs 15 mins ago
 matthey:  6 hrs 36 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  ScummVM on OS4depot
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ikir 
Re: ScummVM on OS4depot
Posted on 6-Oct-2004 13:04:58
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Toaks

Is Monkey 3 working? OMG! I love it!

Rogue fix the M2 bug and i'll send to you a bottle of "grog"

MONKEY ISLAND SERIE on A1

Profile     Report this post  
Toaks 
Posted on 6-Oct-2004 13:08:38
#22 ]
Elite Member

@ikir

yeah comi plays wonderfully but it crash alot (like with any games atm in scumm)

Rogue 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 17:53:30
#23 ]
OS4 Core Developer

Unfortunately I have to ask everybody to delete ScummVM from their disk.

As Mr. Bernd Meyer pointed out on ANN.lu, I violated the GPL by not providing the GPL text along with the binary. So this archive is illegal, and I can only ask you to remove it.

I have also asked the maintainers to remove the item from OS4depot.net. I don't think I will ever upload it again, sorry.

Thanks.

ikir 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 17:57:04
#24 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue

Can't you upload a new version with the gpl text?

Rogue 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:03:12
#25 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@ikir

Quote:

ikir wrote:
@Rogue

Can't you upload a new version with the gpl text?

I could, but plainly I'm full of it. I am so full of this that I decided it is not worth the hassle to have people p*ss up my leg for it. I am fed up with self-rightous fops and trolls whose only interest is in making others appear a fool.

It could have all been resolved in private if Bernie's interest had really been in the GPL, but it wasn't.

I have therefore decided that I won't upload it again.

Sorry for all of you, I am quite certain that this small detail didn't really bother anyone (including the ScummVM team and SDL team), but I am just tired of this crap.

Last edited by Rogue on 07-Oct-2004 at 06:05 PM.

EntilZha 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:10:50
#26 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@ikir

Why ? To get another GPL whiner to find another thing to whine about ? No, sorry, but that did it for me as well.

IF the people would care about the software, it would be OK.

IF the people would care about the spirit of the GPL, it would also be OK.

But NO, people only want to p*ss on your leg. That's it. No one is interested, for example, in the U-Boot source code. Heck, I'm not interested in the source code of my PC's bios, either. Yet the insist on the source code just because the GPL says you can get it. That means it's trying to enforce the GPL for the sake of enforcing the GPL. Now am I the only one who finds this ridiculous ?

The amount of idiocy in this "community" has reached an all time high. Yeah, OK, that's what it is for me, then.

"I don't have a frigging clue. I'm norwegian" -- Ole-Egil

All opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion Entertainment

falemagn 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:14:11
#27 ]

@Rogue

Quote:

I could, but plainly I'm full of it. I am so full of this that I decided it is not worth the hassle to have people p*ss up my leg for it. I am fed up with self-rightous fops and trolls whose only interest is in making others appear a fool.

Sorry pal, but what are you talking about? Bernie made you notice your mistake, your non-compliance with the GPL, he actually made you a favour, as you were in fault. What's the problem here? What are you full of?

You come off like if you didn't like being compliant with the licenses of the software you use. Hope that's not the message you're trying to get through.

~~ Henry Ford

Amon_Re 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:20:03
#28 ]

@falemagn

The problem is the way these things are done, Bernie's tone wasn't exactly warming up people if you know what i mean, and the fact that some people seem obsessed to find things to annoy the Friedens with.

Bernie was right in that it was in violation, but would it be a problem to just mail them & say "hey, you forgot to include the gpl licence"?

Oh well, it can't be helped i'm affraid, to late now

Anonymous 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:34:34
# ]

@EntilZha

Didn't want to get into this but ohh well.. I don't really see why Bernd Meyer or any of the other hey-I'm-doing-everything-I-can-to-look-like-an-asshole personalities would matter. They're irrelevant, seriously they are, and definitly not worth the keyboard typing to bother with. Just leave them there in their megalomaniac euphoria of believeing that they actually have a say in anything that matters.

/Björn

Report this post  
EntilZha 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:35:45
#30 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@falemagn

You know exactly what's wrong. Don't pretend totherwise. It's the same every time. Look at Amidog. Instead of telling him in private mail first, people are put to pillory in the open.

There is no concern involved only self-rightousness. So please spare me that innocent "What did he do wrong" nonsense. You know exaclty.

All opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion Entertainment

Toaks 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:37:23
#31 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rogue 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:40:17
#32 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@falemagn

I know that I am at fault.

However, he didn't do me a favour because he wanted to do me a favour, otherwise he could have written a mail to my directly. He chose to do it in public. I don't know why he's after Hyperion, and I don't care. He did post it in public, on a site where 400+ posting threads are done because of such things.

If he wanted to do me a favour, he should have written me in private, and I *would* have done as he requested.

If he was after the GPL, he could have notified the FSF, the ScummVM team, or the SDL team, and *they* would have asked me (still probably in private) to take it down or comply.

The fact that he did it in public just shows me his real intentions.

I always intended to be compliant with the licenses, and the omiision on my part was unintenional. You look how I now get called a w...... I am sure a few other pretty words will accumulate over time.

falemagn 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:41:48
#33 ]

@Amon_Re

Quote:

The problem is the way these things are done, Bernie's tone wasn't exactly warming up people if you know what i mean, and the fact that some people seem obsessed to find things to annoy the Friedens with.

You should probably have a look at the tone of the Friedens too. They used condescending words to say that they were not in violation of the GPL. Then Bernie replied to that claim, with facts at hand, to show that they indeed were.

Bernie disliked the way the Friendens responded originally, and that's why he replied with a not "exactly warming up" tone. But then, he was only replying to a message with a similar, if not worse, tone.

~~ Henry Ford

hnl_dk 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:42:01
#34 ]

@Amon_Re

have stoped reading ann.lu for some time now

I only get negative when I read stuff there (and I believe others do too )

Why don't people have manners

Please send no PM to me, email me if you want to contact me. See you somewhere else.

EntilZha 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:47:34
#35 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@falemagn

Quote:
They used condescending words to say that they were not in violation of the GPL. Then Bernie replied to that claim, with facts at hand, to show that they indeed were.

The text was FORGOTTEN, damn it. But of course the rightous Cursaders of the GPL will come in and tell everybody what a stupid idiot you are.

Up to now, we've always been in compliance, but we've been treated like we broke it, by Bernie, and by YOU. Now one time we have forgottoen to include that goddam file, and now they're rejoicing because we are evil and have violated the GPL.

Oh, be happy with it.

Amon_Re 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 18:52:37
#36 ]

@falemagn

I disagree, those posts you are refurring to were to people who were insulting/abusing them; do you think someone will just smile & nod when insulted?

Not everyone has the tick skin for that, and after several years even a tick skin wears thin.

Buttomline is, the people complaining are complaining about something valid for the wrong reasons.

peggus 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 19:02:47
#37 ]

I have to agree with Orgin here. Don't even bother reading the crap, ANN is full of &%#$%#& that has failed to achive much of anything in life and now feel a strange need to piss on anyone and everyone who has. I guess it makes them feel important. So just leave them to stew in their own filth.

falemagn 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 19:17:35
#38 ]

@EntilZha

Quote:

The text was FORGOTTEN, damn it.

Forgotten or not, you were in violation, but you said you weren't, and did that agressively and condescendigly.

That's all that matters for the issue at hand, and insulting people will not make you look any better.

Anyway, end of the discussion for me.

~~ Henry Ford

Rogue 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 19:31:02
#39 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@falemagn

Quote:
Forgotten or not, you were in violation, but you said you weren't, and did that agressively and condescendigly.

Please read this
statement I just made to ann.lu about the matter.

As I wrote there, I think it should have been done in privacy and not in the open, as Bernie did, but he was correct to point it out.

sgm 
Posted on 7-Oct-2004 19:34:11
#40 ]

@falemagn

Quote:

That's all that matters for the issue at hand, and insulting people will not make you look any better.

Anyway, end of the discussion for me.

Oohhhh, the last words of one of the "GPL priests". Friedens, next time port BSD or MPL licensed software, please: this whole show is too sad to be true.
Fabio, we as a community look like that man that was hitting his balls with a hammer just to annoy his wife... (typical italian expression, you should know).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle