Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 115 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Rob

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  4 mins ago
 matthey:  6 mins ago
 kolla:  11 mins ago
 pavlor:  33 mins ago
 Birbo:  33 mins ago
 Hypex:  38 mins ago
 AmigaMac:  50 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 31 mins ago
 michalsc:  2 hrs 36 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Software
      /  Mutiview Hell
Register To Post

PosterThread
scuzz 
Mutiview Hell
Posted on 15-Aug-2018 17:38:34
#1 ]

Hi

I have succeeded on many of my Amigas to link an AmigaGuide document to an image. So much so that it common place to link a jpg using AmigaGuide and Multiview. So sense my frustration having set up another A1200 running WB3.1 to not be able to get the thing to fire up a jpg. It just keeps saying unknown datatype. And yet SnoopDOS says OK when it loads the image.

I have returned to my other 1200s with working versions of Multiview and copied every single file from Classes, codecs, Devs DataTypes, Libs and even used the same AmigaGuide and Multiview making sure every file even in C are the same. There is even an Assign in User-Startup that calls up the JFIF datatype.

When I fire up Multiview from Utilities on the working machine and open the jpg I get a prgress bar and the image opens. Also SnoopDOS says its opening the jfif,datatype.

Go to the other machine and do same I get an unknown datatype response from Multiview.

I have even checked the Env-Archive in Prefs and RAM and they are identical on both machines. It is driving me bonkers. Why isn't the Amiga MultiView opening the jfif datatype for the jpg image. Both machines have more than adequate RAM. Multiview refuses to open the jpg but I can see no prefs that I can check. Also FastView and DOpus open the jpg no problem on both machines. What I need is AmigaGuide to open with FastView.

All help appreciated.

scuzz

Profile     Report this post  
scuzz 
Re: Mutiview Hell
Posted on 15-Aug-2018 18:57:29
#2 ]

@scuzz

OK not to worry. Sadly I hadn't installed codec.class picture codec and tower.library correctly. All was rectified with the very spendid Datatypes disk provided by AUI Superdisk 68.

All working fine now.

scuzz

A1200 
Posted on 15-Aug-2018 23:28:35
#3 ]
Elite Member

@scuzz

Isn't it worth using IFF for amigaguide docs? Just so those who don't have the jpg datatypes installed can open them out of the box with no prerequisites?

klx300r 
Posted on 16-Aug-2018 8:04:05
#4 ]
Elite Member

@scuzz

Thanks for posting as I’ve had same issue with jpg data type on my 4000 and was banging my head why for a while so cheers

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

scuzz 
Posted on 16-Aug-2018 12:42:11
#5 ]

@A1200

Totally agree. I do use IFF for the most part. But like the guy that climbed the mountain said I did it cus it was there. What was frustrating is that SnoopDOS just didn't let on as to what was the problem. I am not kidding when I say I must have copied and altered so many libs, tools, files and settings. It kinda becomes a challenge you cannot put down. Anyway now I have the solution I create a base DD with all the files and Blitz it so I can duplicate whenever the mood takes me.

Multiview isn't the best anyway as it relies on your WB palette. Whereas a proper viewer like FastView deals with the colour palette for the image.

Onward.... and don't forget the Amiga 'ROCKS'.

By the way isn't AmigaGuide just brilliant. It's like HTML but with attitude.

scuzz
http://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scuzzblog.htm

scuzz 
Posted on 16-Aug-2018 12:45:28
#6 ]

@klx300r

Hi

You should have seen my eyes light up when I read the guide to the JFIF datatype that advised that without those other libraries installed 'properly' it just wouldn't work. Couldn't be any more clear than that. Also with the datatype I got the install so it took all the pressure off getting it right.

All done... and on to the next challenge. As you do.

All the best

scuzz
http://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scuzzblog.htm

graffias79 
Posted on 16-Aug-2018 14:06:51
#7 ]

@scuzz

Quote:
Multiview isn't the best anyway as it relies on your WB palette. Whereas a proper viewer like FastView deals with the colour palette for the image.

I'm almost certain that you can tell Multiview to open a new screen. I distinctly remember viewing pictures in low res 256 colors from it.

kolla 
Posted on 16-Aug-2018 14:15:49
#8 ]
Elite Member

@scuzz

Quote:

There is even an Assign in User-Startup that calls up the JFIF datatype.

Really? My min boggles :)

kolla 
Posted on 16-Aug-2018 14:17:53
#9 ]
Elite Member

@graffias79

Yes, and even HAM8 screens.

Hypex 
Posted on 16-Aug-2018 14:20:39
#10 ]
Elite Member

@scuzz

Quote:

LOL. Yes i quite like it. I just wish they worked on it further and added the ability to inline images with text.

I once had at porting a BASIC adventure to a guide file. I told this Amiga guy about it. He responds back by asking why don't I use HTML instead. That wasn't a real Amiga person.

scuzz 
Posted on 1-Sep-2018 23:40:30
#11 ]

@Hypex

Quote:

Hypex wrote:
@scuzz

Quote:

LOL. Yes i quite like it. I just wish they worked on it further and added the ability to inline images with text.

I once had at porting a BASIC adventure to a guide file. I told this Amiga guy about it. He responds back by asking why don't I use HTML instead. That wasn't a real Amiga person.

At the heart of both AmigaGuide and HTML is a real marvel and the unsung hero in the world of computing, and probably came free and that's a basic text editor. Nothing fancy any will do. I must have used Notepad in Windows more than any other piece of software. And on the Amiga I use CED all the time, been using it all day today. For me the most efficient and effective pieces of software ever created. It never ceases to amaze me just what I can create on a screen with a few lines of text in Notepad or CED.

scuzz

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle