Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
25 crawler(s) on-line.
 165 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  26 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 DWolfman:  2 hrs 35 mins ago
 cncparts:  4 hrs 8 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  4 hrs 54 mins ago
 Beajar:  5 hrs 14 mins ago
 Rob:  5 hrs 16 mins ago
 agami:  6 hrs 19 mins ago
 RobertB:  6 hrs 39 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Can someone here get prove of the Amiga INC Indian acquisition?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigBentheAussie 
Re: Can someone here get prove of the Amiga INC Indian acquisition?
Posted on 20-Apr-2007 2:08:00
#21 ]

Guys..... I've worked with Indians in quite a few companies and they can be just as bright and useful as anyone in the west. The problem is they need to spend some time in the west, to get IT. Otherwise the amount of hand holding you have to do is unbelievable. It takes about 6 or so months for them to be of any use to anyone. It has to be a cultural problem.

I worked FOR Indian contracting companies working along side indians in US firms and they weren't too bad if they'd been around a bit. I also did a lot of liasing with workers in India on projects. The quality of the work coming from Indians in India vs the quality of work from Indians that have spent some time in the west is like night and day. They just don't get IT in India and they definitely don't get customer service, or worry about things like accuracy or asthetics. Many times we'd get a dogs breakfast returned to us. And when you've spent a few too many weekends fixing the crap they've churned out you cease to be sympathetic. This really has happened several times with differenct teams of Indians.

I was put in charge of outsourcing a section of our app to India about 6 months ago. and I had to kill the project. One project manager after another was absolutely useless. The project was 3 months behind on its first task which was to take 3 weeks. Lets get past the fact that we had a spec and they insisted on writing their own spec that was totally rubbish and we repeatedly told them so. They missed meetings and when they were there were always late. We'd have to explain everything to them again every meeting, and they would agree and forget everything the next meeting. I had really low expectations, and I would get excited if they were even able to repeat what I had just said. After finally getting a project plan that a 6 year old could have made that had taken 2 weeks to get when it would have taken us 2 hours, we had to fix it because they didn't even have their 3 resources working in parallel AT ALL. They kept telling us not to worry when they were 6 months behind schedule. Their receptionists were rude, as though we'd just woken them up at 10am. We got hung up on.....on purpose (and we were being super patient and nice). Every time we asked for anyone it was always that they'd be in at 11. Every time I expressed my displeasure that they were behind schedule, they would add a new deliverable like a document, in I guess what was an attempt to appease us, and we never saw ANY of them. When we finally got some work done, like some web pages, they wouldn't even display in the browser properly without me modifying the HTML on all the pages. I busted a nut sending them up to date databases and code which they never even looked at in all those 6 months yet, were tasked to build apon. And then they were surprised I canned them, and had the gaul to threaten to sue. They were real pricks too and should have just gone away. Of course they shut the hell up when I explained the situation to the higher ups. They wanted a chance to fix the problem for the third time, and deliver a quarter of the project 3 months behind schedule. We completed the entire project in 6 harrowing months, including their bit. Yeah, thanks a lot India. Handling them almost took as much time as doing it ourselves.

Possibly, those Indians who have worked in the west will return to India to raise their game. It hasn't happenned yet....That's for sure. I wont apologise for my sentiment, if anything, India should apologise to ME!!!!

Ok. Going back to my happy place now.

Profile     Report this post  
Zardoz 
Posted on 20-Apr-2007 2:14:46
#22 ]
Team Member

@BigBentheAussie

It is a cultural problem. I lived with two of them last year. Nice guys but absolute hell to deal with because of a totally different culture.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 20-Apr-2007 10:18:19
#23 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@DonnieA2

The point I make is that the period your country is going through has happened many times in the past.

Most of your nation was built using a foreign workforce (Railroads, highways, skyscrapers, communication networks) who sent their (low) wages home to their families. The only difference between these days and now is the technology exists that means these workers no longer have to physicaly be in your country to do the work.

The same is true in Britian. Low paid Irish workers did the lions share of building the UK's infrastructure. Now the job is being done by Eastern Europeans.

And just like in your nation, there is a backlash against immigrant workers here too.

Thing is, without those Mexicans, Chinese, Polish, West Indians, Indian, Pakistanis, Cubans, Nigierians, Italians, etc. - neither of our nations would be anywhere near as prosperous as they are today.

But hey, don't feel sad. Once your nation slips down the scale of "Most powerful nations on Earth" and China becomes the leader - your descendants will be doing the same to the Chinese economy and workers. What goes around, comes around.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 20-Apr-2007 at 11:56 AM.

Google Translate

d0c 
Posted on 20-Apr-2007 13:25:27
#24 ]
Cult Member

@all

now lets get back on the topic here, can anyone bring some prove and pictures of this place ?... if not start your own discussion thread...

LordSteven 
Posted on 20-Apr-2007 13:43:16
#25 ]

@DonnieA2

Quote:
Not true at all, in fact that backlash is hitting these companies hard here in Michigan. If they do business with India or one of the outsourcing companies, this fact is being supressed. Mostly because Michigan is a huge manufacturing state who is in a recession (mostly because it votes still as a blue state and the red states one the last two elections and Red cut economic trickle down stuff to blue states that didn't vote with them). Also because there is plenty of good labor and talent here going unused.

I live in Michigan too, and personally feel the reason we are economically castrated while the rest of our country is booming is more of our own fault then the feds. We keep trying to in a blue collar industrial framework that was outdated 20 years ago, we have not diversified enough outside of the failing, overpriced, poor quality American car market, and we are one of the most dangerous states to live in because our largest cities are full of disgruntled out of work people who were still expecting to be able to go to work at GM or Ford for 25 years and retire well-off like their fathers, and their fathers before them.

The national and global economy has changed, that kind of life style will never exist again, and the people and government in Michigan have yet to acknowledge that and adapt.

To Strive, To Seek, To Find, and Not to Yield

ChrisH 
Posted on 20-Apr-2007 14:24:33
#26 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid
I doubt it's racism. I don't know which country you live in, but in Britain there has been a recent fad (5+ years?) of big companies outsourcing their telephone call centres to India, to replace their local (British) call centres.

Not only is this obviously unpopular from the point of view of a loss of jobs, but there has been a consumer backlash against such call centres, as they are notoriously much worse than the British ones: Not only are the telephone lines sometimes poor quality, but it is very often difficult to communicate because of their Indian accent & trouble understanding ours. And in my experience they generally have less initiative, and even refuse to deviate from the problem-solving script they have in front of them (perhaps because they know less about what they are doing). I don't think any of that is racist - it's just the truth.

At least one company (forget who) has actually moved back to using a British call centre, after switching to an India one some years ago. They decided the short-term cost saving wasn't worth annoying many of their customers (who might go elsewhere).

I'm sure at least some of these issues apply to outsourcing other things to India.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 20-Apr-2007 19:14:52
#27 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@ChrisH

I'm in the UK. And I've addressed the backlash in my above post about the Polish coming over here and stealing our jobs post.

The racism thing (And I said it was smelling a bit like racism - not actual racism) happens everytime we (whoever "we" is) see cheap labour flooding in to do jobs that actually we weren't able to do ourselves anyway as people who are resident in our country (whichever country it is) aren't prepared to work for less money - which results in companies looking elsewhere for their workforce.

Call centres are a good example of this. A call centre was planned to be built in my local area however it was shelved after it became apparent that nobody was willing to do the work for the wage being offered - despite this area being in a high unemployment area.

A few years ago it emerged that Nottingham (England) had 150,000 job vacancies that were unable to be filled due to lack of interest. The fact of life is that people get used to working for a certain wage are are very reluctant to lower their standard of living should their trade become obsolete. Car workers and minors are the main UK trades that come into this catagory.

The industrial revolution is a couple of centuries old now and this is how it works and how it always has worked. All the artisan craftsmen complained of the same woes way back then as the modern car worker does today. It's an unfair system but people are happy to go along with it because of the promise of rich reward (TV sets, fancy homes, etc) when everything goes well.

Considering how long human society lasted prior to this nonsense, it is perhaps comforting to know there will be a time when the masses scream "we've had enough" and we move on to discover a fairer system somewhere down the line.

I was hoping the Chinese would bring the winds of change but they seem to be following the west down the same doomed path. Perhaps Iran?

Google Translate

ChrisH 
Posted on 22-Apr-2007 9:57:08
#28 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid
I think it's an interesting question WHY certain jobs offer too low pay for British people to be willing to do those jobs. Is it just a cultural thing (being brought up with too high expectations, e.g. wanting to be an astronaut rather than a dustman or telesales person), or is it simply the cheap overseas labour means it's easier not to raise job pay?

Probably a bit of both, but I wonder which has a bigger effect?

d0c 
Posted on 5-Jul-2007 17:54:43
#29 ]
Cult Member

still noone from india that can help out here?..... visit the place, take pictures etc....

meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 6-Jul-2007 0:14:38
#30 ]

@d0c

I have to agree outsourcing without minimum wages and taxation laws are an unreorganized
and lazy policy making nightmare.

I'm sure outsourcing has been used by INTEL and IBM and MS and all the other companies
so kicking Amiga in the back is no good. I remember the Philippine Manufacturing sotries
in the days of Samsung and inventory level rumors.

My experience has been that if you look internally you will find a lot of people working from home in the country of your choice for vary reasonable rates.

Now managements and specifications writing and negotiation skills are a must.
I mean look if somone works for less than $10 you know it's illegal and in humane.

Not to mention warning signs that for less than $10.00 and working remotely the provide will be taking their time and tending to win other projects and make decisions that the project is really worth $x over time so the only way to get paid what its worth is to drag customers through the mud until it gets done.

In any case working with locals or overseas providers is the same rule of thumb:
IF I AM AN EXPERT (THEN PROBABILITY OF FINDING ANOTHER EXPERT TO WORK FOR LESS THAN I EXPECT TO EARN ) = VERY LOW
IF I AM AN EXPERT (THEN PROBABILITY OF FINDING ANOTHER EXPERT WITH SAME SKILLS AND DELIVERY ETHICS) = VERY LOW

These rules apply every where, I think even local startups with local %90 of the time don't have a clue and if your expecting them to have the same appreciation for delays, costing, bugs, and team ethics let alone get a good wrap (for being a competitor once you finish and enter the market again) are very low. Lets face it good people will work well and some after you leave can be quite (nsdALKdj;lsdjfa;sdlfa;sd) cause they have to look better than you, in todays competitive world.

In any case everyone has to cross their fingers and hope for a good wave / ride!
Best of Luck!!!

VT2005EE 
Posted on 6-Jul-2007 0:55:09
#31 ]

@SpaceDruid
I live and work in the USA as an embedded systems engineer. I work with a recent electrical engineering graduate who is Indian and stays in the USA using work visas. He tells me (ie. tries to comfort me) and says that some Indian IT jobs (and engineering jobs) are being outsourced to some African countries such as Kenya. I have never attempted to confirm this, but if what he tells me is true then India may ALREADY be falling victim to outsourcing practices. Please keep in mind, however, that I definitely believe my Indian friend when he tells me that he does not want to go back to India. According to my friend, only rich families have what we think of as "modern air-conditioning".

Just to make a long story short, I do not believe that any country is safe from the outsource scare , and I believe that this line of thinking follows your long-winded historical perspective on the industrial revolution and the cyclical "rise to economic and world political power" by various countries. T

Frankly, and I will be blunt, companies ALL OVER THE WORLD are greedy, deceitful, and ignorant. Rarely, do any of these "corporate citizens" ever become "community citizens". The culture of a particular country does come into play when you're dealing with outsource partners, but that is only part of the story. Outsource companies wish to gain as much experience and know-how as they can. These companies are competing against other outsourcing companies for "design projects".

This competitive outsourcing field holds true in low-level embedded design (ie. non-architecture type decisions), but most embedded systems companies here in the US still control the systemic and architecture-level design, as well as a most of the custom software driver design. The IT world is somewhat more generic, at times, so in the IT case the outsourcing problem is a lot more of a problem!

asian 
Posted on 6-Jul-2007 3:15:07
#32 ]

There is a connection between Connectsoft and Ruksun:

"NEW DELHI, INDIA, 1995 MAY 25 (NB) -- US-based ConnectSoft Corp. has signed a deal with Ruksun Publishing Pvt. Ltd., to develop software applications for the US retail market. The new joint venture, called ConnectSoft Ruksun India Pvt. Ltd., involves an investment of $65,000 by the US firm, giving ConnectSoft a 67 percent holding in the company. ConnectSoft already operates two divisions in the US for retail products and Windows consulting. ConnectSoft Ruksun will be developing software for multimedia and telecommunication applications on the Windows platform. ConnectSoft's "E-mail Connection," an application that provides users a single interface for composing, sending and receiving messages automatically, has been one of the major breakthroughs of the company in the retail market."

From Bill McEwen Executive Update on April 2000:

"Vincent P. Pfeifer - VP of Operations. Vince and I worked together for several years at ConnectSoft."

DonnieA2 
Posted on 6-Jul-2007 3:41:07
#33 ]
Cult Member

If you want to know about Ruksun and the reality of Amiga's involvement just look at the majority of other companies they have similar "partnerships" with..

Ruksun Website (not AmigaDevIndia)

Business and Technology Partners
Birla AT&T
NEC Computers
Webraska
Odigo, Inc.
Cash-U
Gravitate, Inc.
Amiga, Inc.
Socket Communications Inc.
Flipside, Inc.
Hungama.com
Airtel India
Empower Interactive Group Ltd.
Developer Programs
Microsoft Corporation
Symbian Developer Network
Ericsson Internet Applications AB
Forum Nokia
Motorola Applications Global Network (MAGNET)
Palm Solution Provider Program
Sony CLIE handheld Developer Program
Benefon Oyg
Sierra Wireless
Groove Networks, Inc.
Mobile and Wireless Forums
Global Mobile Commerce Forum
Wireless Village
Expidas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business and Technology Partners

Birla AT&T
A collaboration between the Birla Group and AT&T Wireless, USA, Birla AT&T is a network operator catering to the Goa, Maharashtra and Gujarat circle. Birla AT&T recently merged with Tata Cellular to expand their reach into Andhra Pradesh.

Ruksun is AT&T's alliance partner for the launch of Ruksun's Wireless Payment System and its first commercial deployment in India. The Wireless Payment System will be hosted through AT&T and offered to AT&T subscribers across all their circles.

NEC Computers
Ruksun has an agreement with NEC Computers to bundle its Connect Force Internet Connection Wizard on NEC's MobileProT PC companions. The MobilePro 780 and MobilePro 880 offer the flexibility of a nearly full-sized keyboard, instant on, touch screen and Microsoft CE operating system. In combination with Connect Force Internet Connection Wizard, MobilePro customers can now to connect to the Internet quickly and easily by configuring Internet settings through simple dialog boxes.

Webraska
As key development partners with Webraska we use their mapping and routing technologies to build location specific mobile applications. Partnering with Webraska allows us access to their dedicated team of engineering and marketing personnel in addition to their location precise technology. It gives us the opportunity to move forward quickly with building and deploying location based services for our mutual partners across the world. Together we realize Webraska's vision of "Turning mobile devices into worldwide personal navigation systems"

Odigo, Inc.
Odigo, Inc. is the leading provider of Instant Messaging and Presence Solutions to wireless carriers, Telcos, ISPs, and portals worldwide. Odigo's products include IM Servers, SMS-IM Gateways, and Presence Management Solutions. Odigo, founded in 1998, is a U.S. based company with headquarters in New York City. Over 100 companies have licensed Odigo's IM Solutions, including British Telecom, Austria Telecom, Hungary Telecom, Prodigy, StarMedia, Netease, DreamNet (of NTT DoCoMo), Univision, and others.

As part of a strategic alliance with Odigo, Ruksun develops and markets Odigo client applications for mobile devices, extending Odigo’s existing range of client applications to the Windows CE, Palm OS and Symbian/EPOC 32 platforms. This partnerships allows Odigo's licensees and Ruksun's customers the widest possible choice of devices from which to access their Odigo accounts.

Cash-U Moblie Technologies Ltd.
Cash-U is a leading provider of advanced gaming and entertainment solutions, specializing in supplying software platform; and SDK (software development kit). Cash-U's main product, the Pecan platform, is an open execution and hosting platform for single or multi-user interactive applications. This platform is commercially installed at some of Europe and Israel's leading operators, such as Omnitel, Telefonica, WIND, Cellcom and Eurofun. The Pistachio SDK offers application developers the ability to easily and rapidly develop new applications or modify exciting applications to run on the Pecan platform. Pistachio is provided freely to the developer community. Pecan is an open-standard, robust, application-neutral, telco-grade platform for wireless carriers, enabling entertainment applications to be quickly made available to a large number of users. The multi-user, multi-application, open platform is based on a scalable application server connected to a dynamic database. The application server manages and synchronizes a vast array of interactive applications. Pecan supports multiple protocols - SMS, WAP, and GPRS certified; as well as HTML, cHTML, HDML, i-mode and 3G. Pecan is installed at the customer's site, giving them total control over the content they offer.

Cash-U and Ruksun partner to launch innovative entertainment applications for the cellular world and to add exciting and fun-inducing ingredients to Cash-U's Peanut Butter bundle. Ruksun's launch project with Cash-U; "In Sync" is an exciting, multi-player entertainment concept, which uses SMS messaging as its backbone.

Gravitate, Inc.
Gravitate, Inc. is a provider of best-of-breed enabling technologies and applications for the rapid development and deployment of Location Precise wireless services. Ruksun partners with Gravitate to offer our expertise in building mobile applications and extend this expertise to building location based services. The co-development alliance allows us to work together to build compelling location based applications using the Gravitate platform.

We also partner with Gravitate to integrate instant messaging functionality into the Gravitate platform. Besides leveraging and extending our core strengths and technologies to enhance the Gravitate platform, we offer hands-on feedback on the Gravitate platform based on product development needs.

Amiga, Inc.
Amiga Incorporated is the emerging leader in multi-platform, multimedia Operating Systems. Through a long term strategic partnership with the Tao Group of Reading England, new Amiga based applications can run unchanged on x86, PowerPC, Mcore, ARM, StrongARM, MIPS R3000, R4000, R5000, SH3, SH4 and NECV850 processors. The Amiga OS is capable of running in self-hosted mode as well as hosted on Linux, Embedded Linux, Windows 95, 98, 2000, CE, NT in addition to other commercially available operating systems.

Together with Amiga, Ruksun is building sophisticated Internet applications and providing gaming content for the Amiga devices. These solutions are based on Ruksun's existing technologies and customized to integrate with and work with the new Amiga devices.

Socket Communications, Inc.
Socket Communications Inc. is a leading provider of plug-in connectivity products for Windows-powered PC Companions. Ruksun works with Socket Communications Inc. to test and certify the use of Socket's Low Power Ethernet Card (LP-E Card) and Compact Flash CF I/O Card for Pocket PCs for use with our popular suite of Internet software for Windows CE-based handheld PCs. Socket's LP-E Cards and Compact Flash Cards adds high performance and value to users of our Windows CE software and classic Internet utilities such as Scotty FTP and Telnet Force.

Flipside, Inc.
Flipside, Inc., a subsidiary of Vivendi Universal Publishing and VivendiNet, is headquartered in New York, with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Budapest and Tel Aviv. Flipside.com, which includes the popular gaming sites PrizeCentral.com and Won.net, allows users to play over 100 free games and win loads of prizes. With a total of nearly 18 million unique users each month, Flipside ranks in the top 10 among all web sites in the US and generates more than 1 billion advertising impressions per month. Flipside recently joined forces with Uproar and iwin.com to form the Flipside network.

Ruksun worked with Flipside to facilitate the merging and integration of the databases for the PrizeCentral and Won.net games. Besides being instrumental in ensuring the smooth transition and launch of the Flipside site, Ruksun continues to work with Flipside to develop online, interactive, multi-player games for their popular gaming site. Some of the games developed include Bingo, Lotto, HoneyMoney and Concentration, as well as instant messaging based games Backgammon and Chess.

Hungama.com
Hungama is leading provider of on-line entertainment in India. With a subscriber base of over 700,000 users and over 250 corporate clients their customers include Coca Cola, Bacardi, LG, Nestle.

Ruksun partners with Hungama.com to co-develop and co-market interactive, single and multi-user games for deployment on the wireless networks of leading telcos such as Orange, Airtel and Spice Telecom. This strategic alliance between Ruksun and Hungama offers us the opportunity to build a strong wireless gaming community in India.

AirTel India
AirTel is one of India's leading wireless network operators owned by the Bharti Group and based out of Delhi. AirTel offers its wireless subscribers a suite of value-added services and partners with Ruksun to offer Ruksun's wireless games through their mobile portal "Tango"

Empower Interactive Group Ltd.
Empower interactive is a software development firm focusing on solutions for the wireless Internet. Founded by a team of financial professionals and software architects, Empower initially focused on the financial services industry. The software development experience it gained from operating in a highly transactional and mission critical arena has been applied across a variety of industries with considerable success.

Ruksun has a marketing and distribution partnership with Empower. Ruksun distributes and integrates Empower's wireless infrastructure products in Asia and the US. Empower offers Ruksun's suite of wireless and mobile computing applications and services to its customers in Europe. This partnership enables both companies to leverage each other's trusted client relationships, while providing both with new opportunities to offer end-to-end, integrated solutions to existing and new clients.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Developer Programs

Microsoft Corporation
As active supporters of Microsoft technologies, we are a part of the Microsoft Business Connection and develop applications based on Microsoft's Internet platforms. Further, we work with Microsoft to develop products and solutions that complement and extend Microsoft's mobile and wireless technologies.

We are active supporters of Microsoft's Windows CE platform and have been with the Windows CE Launch Partner Program for several years, recently extended to the Microsoft Mobile Solutions Partner Program as well as Microsoft Windows Embedded Partner Program. These partnership programs allow us to build applications that are compatible with Microsoft's Windows CE platforms, including Pocket PC and HPC2000 and custom CE devices.

Symbian Developer Network
The Symbian Developer Network offers a variety of initiatives aimed at bringing the Symbian platform developer community together to exchange ideas and hear about cutting edge developments in the Wireless Information Device industry.

Ruksun is an active supporter of the Symbian platform and participants of the worldwide community of Symbian developers preparing for the explosion of Wireless Information Devices (WIDs) onto the global market. Access to the Symbian Software Development Kits, focused newsgroups, technical papers, knowledge bases and tutorials, allow us to focus on developing world-class applications for Symbian platform based devices.

Ericsson Internet Applications AB
Ericsson is also leading the rapid expansion of the mobile Internet by driving the development of mobile Internet applications. As active participants at Ericsson Developers' Zone (EDZ)and Ericsson's Developer Alliance Program for Smart phones and Communicators, we can develop compelling applications for Ericsson's devices.
Our close interaction with the Ericsson teams allows us to fine-tune our product development strategy and priorities based on accurate and early information, as well as leverage Ericsson's key technologies to offer products and solutions based on those technologies.

Forum Nokia
Forum Nokia is created to bring together professional developers working with technologies and platforms supported by Nokia mobile devices. As members of Nokia Forum, benefits include the opportunity to participate in our various discussion areas, access up-to-date technical documents, and download development tools and emulators for application testing.

These benefits complement Ruksun's development efforts in the areas of building applications with the latest wireless standards and protocols such as Bluetooth, SyncML and Symbian platform, as well as the established mobile technologies WAP and Smart Messaging.

Ruksun is also an active participant of Nokia Mobile Entertainment Developers Program, which allows game application developers and online content publishers a simpler way to create interactive entertainment or "entertainment on the move" for WAP enabled mobile phones. As participants of the Nokia Entertainment Developer Program Ruksun gets access to information and software tools that support our efforts to commercialize new products for the mobile entertainment market.

Motorola Applications Global Network (MAGNET)
The Motorola Applications Global Network (MAGNET) is Motorola's Web W/O Wires Alliance Program recently merged with their Developer Program, combining the best elements of the co-marketing program with developer support resources.
Ruksun, as members of Motorola's MAGNET program gets access to software downloads, technical and marketing information, prerelease development tools, and other valuable information and tools, allowing us to use technologies such as WAP, VoiceXML, J2ME and FLEXScript in our product development.

Motorola iDen Developer Support Program
Motorola's iDen Developer Support Program is an integrated package of tools, services and solutions to enable us, as developers, to participate in the emerging Wireless Internet arena.

By signing up as community members, Ruksun has an entry point into the wireless JavaTM Technology space via the J2METM Technology toolkit. Using the three hottest technologies today: Wireless, Internet and Java, all conveniently packaged in one program, Ruksun can quickly build applications and bring them to market using Motorola's tools and services.

Motorola's iDen Developer Support Program builds a community using the Open Source model, allowing Ruksun and other members to share ideas and improve on existing projects, as well as leverage the experience of others.

Palm Solution Provider Program
Palm's Alliance Program Members are self-empowered developers who independently create future Palm OS platform solutions, and whose ingenuity and technical expertise fuel the invention of new solutions. Developers in this program have access to a comprehensive set of online technical and marketing resources.

Ruksun, as Palm Solution Providers, offers its solutions directly to Palm's customers, who know and trust the Palm brand via the Palm Solutions Marketplace, which enable potential customers to find the right products and services to fit their needs. Ruksun also has the opportunities to sign up for developer training and compatibility testing. Most importantly Ruksun gains access to Technical Resources to facilitate our efforts in creating Palm Powered software solutions.

Sony CLIE handheld Developer Program
Sony CLIE handheld Developer Program gives developers access to a range of development tools and information essential for application development. As registered members with this program, Ruksun gets updates on development tools, download information, CLIE handheld information, device specifications and other technical news.

Benefon Oyg
Benefon offers a one-stop handset solution: wireless devices combining navigation, telematics, mobile Internet and GSM wireless access. The offering is completed by product adaptation to customer application, manufacturing, logistics, and distribution, marketing support and after sales services. Benefon's mission is to be the wireless instruments partner of choice for providers of specific services and solutions for mobile people.

Ruksun as application partners with Benefon is building solutions so as to be able to offer mobile network operators and other service providers complete end-to-end service solutions. The partnership also facilitates the development of our wireless solutions, by giving us access to more detailed information as well as market visibility.

Sierra Wireless
Sierra Wireless, Inc. is a leading provider of wireless data communications products. Sierra Wireless delivers wireless PC Cards for portable computers, wireless adapters for PDA's, OEM modules for embedded applications and rugged vehicle-mounted wireless systems. Sierra Wireless is the founding member of the Wireless Ready(TM) Alliance, an alliance of industry-leading hardware, software and service companies committed to the delivery of complete and compelling wireless data solutions.
Ruksun works with Sierra Wireless via its Developer's Central program to ensure that its Internet products for Windows CE and other mobile devices are interoperable and work flawlessly with the AirCards. Access to software tools, SDKs and support from FAQs and community feedback allow us to wireless enable our mobile applications by tighter integration with Sierra Wireless' modems

Groove Networks, Inc.
Groove Networks, Inc. provides a solution platform and application for peer-to-peer Internet interaction. Groove's technology reaches beyond the World Wide Web paradigm, leveraging the two-way capabilities of the Internet to strengthen the connections among people who interact online.

As Business Partners of the Groove Partnership Program, Ruksun partners with Groove to build a viable, long-term business around the Groove platform. Besides being able to download and use the Groove Development Kit (GDK) we also participate in forums, access developer support and a library of documentation as well as leverage tremendous marketing support. All these benefits allow us to move quickly to maximize our advantage with the Groove platform.

Mobile and Wireless Forums

Global Mobile Commerce Forum
The Global Mobile Commerce Forum (GMCF) is the only truly independent forum dedicated to the uptake of mobile e-commerce worldwide. Since the GMCF began, its aspirations to drive the mobile commerce industry and help catalyze the relationships that will inspire innovation have required communications.

As developers of a Wireless Payment System and members of the GMCF, Ruksun gains and contributes to the in-depth information, reports on GMCF activities and a host of informed content provided by members, for members.

Wireless Village
Founded by Ericsson, Motorola, and Nokia, Wireless Village is the Mobile Instant Messaging and Presence Services (IMPS) Initiative. The primary objective of the Wireless Village is to define and promote a set of universal specifications for mobile instant messaging and presence services, which will be used for exchanging messages and presence information between mobile devices, mobile services and Internet-based instant messaging services.

Ruksun is a supporter of the Wireless Village initiative which aims to build a vibrant community of end users and global business partners where Internet and wireless domains converge. As a supporting company Ruksun will be provided an opportunity for early access to review the specification and other documentation as well as provide our contribution and comments to the specification work.

Expidas
Expidas supports wireless applications developers in getting ideas from concept to market as quickly and as easily as possible. As registered developers with Expidas, we gain access to technical information, to networking opportunities and to regular industry-wide events.

Expidas' program allows Ruksun to efficiently test products designed for GPRS as well as enables us to potentially work with BT Cellnet. Regular technical workshops and simulations environments allow Ruksun to keep abreast of the latest technologies and ensure that our products work seamlessly across newer networks.

Business and Technology Partners Page

number6 
Posted on 30-Aug-2007 0:38:37
#34 ]
Elite Member

@asian

Quote:
There is a connection between Connectsoft and Ruksun:

"NEW DELHI, INDIA, 1995 MAY 25 (NB) -- US-based ConnectSoft Corp. has signed a deal with Ruksun Publishing Pvt. Ltd., to develop software applications for the US retail market. The new joint venture, called ConnectSoft Ruksun India Pvt. Ltd., involves an investment of $65,000 by the US firm, giving ConnectSoft a 67 percent holding in the company. ConnectSoft already operates two divisions in the US for retail products and Windows consulting. ConnectSoft Ruksun will be developing software for multimedia and telecommunication applications on the Windows platform. ConnectSoft's "E-mail Connection," an application that provides users a single interface for composing, sending and receiving messages automatically, has been one of the major breakthroughs of the company in the retail market."

From Bill McEwen Executive Update on April 2000:

"Vincent P. Pfeifer - VP of Operations. Vince and I worked together for several years at ConnectSoft."

Is that the same ConnectSoft on the client list here:
http://www.revellpechar.com/clients.html
http://www.amiga.com/news/index.php?art=30

IF so, then this would not be the new relationship that some seem to think.

Hmm...
Quote:

Bill McEwen, 206/749-2932

billm@xactlabs.com

http://www.xactlabs.com

or

Reed, Revell-Pechar

Ann Revell-Pechar, 206/462-4777

Source

ok. I'm convinced this is not a new PR firm, but one used in the past.
They also seem to have a Seattle address, as opposed to the Atlanta address in the other thread.
Quote:
Revell-Pechar Inc
200 1st Ave W Ste 400
Seattle, WA 98119
Phone : (206) 505-7955

Last edited by number6 on 30-Aug-2007 at 01:01 AM.

asian 
Posted on 30-Aug-2007 4:07:11
#35 ]

There is a connection between XactLabs, Atrieva, DriveWay and BellSouth (Dramis):

From BusinessWire, Nov. 4, 1999:

"Announcing its objective to be the unrivaled leader in personal online storage, Atrieva Corp. has changed the company's name to Driveway Corp., reflecting the popularity of its new consumer file storage service, Driveway. Driveway has established more than 40 strategic partnerships including Microsoft, Netscape, Bell South and the most recent addition, USA.net."

From Epinions March 27, 2000:

"Too slow. Can only backup one file at a time. Interface not as slick as others.

Internet File Zone, formerly Atrieva, formerly Xactlabs, now bought out/acquired/assimilated by DriveWay, is an online backup pioneer."

Dandy 
Posted on 31-Aug-2007 8:19:33
#36 ]
Elite Member

@GW

Quote:

GW wrote:
@DonnieA2

I believe globalisation is good. The consumer wants more bang for their buck and globalisation gives them just that. But more importantly globalisation helps poor countries to become wealthy.

Don't forget that "the consumer" needs money to buy goods.
If "the consumer" looses his/her job, because the company he/she works for went bust for all "the consumers" buying the same product at a lower price from the other end of this world, then I'm afraid in the long term there will no customers be left to buy the globalized goods.

All will be unemployed and and will no longer have the money to buy - not even the cheap goods.

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 31-Aug-2007 8:32:11
#37 ]
Elite Member

@Tomas

Quote:

Tomas wrote:
@Mr_DBUG

[quote]

There is no slavery when you get paid well over what you normally earn for the same kind of job in this said country.

Every coin has two sides (even three, if we take the rim into account).
Maybe they don't receive it as slavery in India, but in the home country of that firm that lets its goods be produced in India it might be very well be received as slavery plus reducing jobs for the sake of increased profit...

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 31-Aug-2007 8:35:22
#38 ]
Elite Member

@Zardoz

Quote:

Zardoz wrote:
@GW

Quote:

I believe globalisation is good. The consumer wants more bang for their buck and globalisation gives them just that. But more importantly globalisation helps poor countries to become wealthy.

It does that how? By having companies from richer countries pay them the same wages a local corporation would and not a penny more? I'm not against globalisation but what has been happening in the last few decades has only managed to destroy the local manufacturers in all European countries and *significantly* drop the build quality of most goods. People want more bang for their buck but what they are getting is far less than their money's worth most of the time.

Fully agreed.
Couldn't have orded it better!

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 31-Aug-2007 8:48:54
#39 ]
Elite Member

@DonnieA2

Quote:

DonnieA2 wrote:
@SpaceDruid

I think things should be fair and balanced. It's a shame that my friend can no longer get a help desk job and he'd make more money working at the local mcdonald's (if they had a job for him). I just think things should be fair and balanced for everyone everywhere, including Europe and everywhere else.

Yes - fully ageed.
But I think that's what the bosses are afraid of.
They are fearing everybody being comfortable with everything everywhere, as they need hungry and dissatisfied people, if they want get the work done for even less money.

If all employees would pull together that would mean hard times for the employers...

Dandy

Dandy 
Posted on 31-Aug-2007 13:06:53
#40 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:
@ChrisH

I'm in the UK. And I've addressed the backlash in my above post about the Polish coming over here and stealing our jobs post.

The racism thing (And I said it was smelling a bit like racism - not actual racism) happens everytime we (whoever "we" is) see cheap labour flooding in to do jobs that actually we weren't able to do ourselves anyway as people who are resident in our country (whichever country it is) aren't prepared to work for less money ...

Hmmmmm - I'm prepared to work for less money - but only, if if the prices drop at the same scale as my income.

Dandy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle