Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 129 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  10 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 11 mins ago
 billt:  3 hrs 19 mins ago
 amigang:  3 hrs 29 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  3 hrs 32 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 55 mins ago
 matthey:  4 hrs 2 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
fairlanefastback 
Re: ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 13:02:26
#41 ]
Team Member

@tonyw

Quote:

tonyw wrote:
@fairlanefastback

The quest that he has set for himself (shipping out N repaired boards) is obviously more than simply boxing up working stuff and posting it. I would guess that some, if not all, of those boards/modules have to be repaired (probably with expensive CPUs) and that takes time and money.

However, fixing and despatching one or two of the easier jobs would go a long way to restoring some faith.

So you are thinking that he did not even start the repairs yet when he made his latest promises? Even for the board that its been claimed that he has had since 2004?

If the company has the ability to fix boards, should they not have an idea of what is required to fix them, the time it might take to effect the repairs? To estimate such within reason?

I would assume the opposite, that the only likely way to have been able to make the new set of promises is that the repairs are mostly done already, hence why he could ship at this point within the week for most of the items.

Amiga 1200

Profile     Report this post  
fairlanefastback 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 13:39:42
#42 ]
Team Member

@jtsiren

Quote:

jtsiren wrote:
Of course he exists. Don't be silly guys.

It is still very much possible those boards get shipped this week, I'm with ChrisH on waiting a bit more. If they don't ship any time soon, obviously a major issue then.

I'm ever hopeful. A turn-around would be nice. Any goodwill helps. Lets hope he is just a wee bit behind on the latest batch of promises. It would be nice if we could get to the point where hatschi has a list of *kept* promises that can start to eclipse the other list we already have.

Amiga 1200

hatschi 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 13:53:21
#43 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
It would be nice if we could get to the point where hatschi has a list of *kept* promises that can start to eclipse the other list we already have.

I wouldn't do a separate list, but will keep current list updated also if something positive happens, e.g. someone receives their board/money from Adam.
At the moment there is nothing positive on the list, simply because I couldn't find a single occurence when Adam has kept a promise/announcement (starting 2004). If someone knows of one occurence, please point me to it and I will include it on the list.

ChrisH 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 14:00:29
#44 ]
Elite Member

@hatschi
None of ACK's fans would do that, because you're obviously a bad person out to get him

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 17:02:42
#45 ]
Team Member

@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@hatschi
None of ACK's fans would do that, because you're obviously a bad person out to get him

We did have the one mention that ACK fixed some boards at one show didn't we in the last thread? Do we have any more details on that to verify it for the list as a potential positive entry?

Amiga 1200

d0c 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 17:10:01
#46 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

i am waiting on glittering to say something about this now.... the man that are not afraid to tell the truth!

Last edited by d0c on 13-Jul-2007 at 05:10 PM.

jorkany 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 22:16:50
#47 ]
Cult Member

@tonyw
Quote:
The quest that he has set for himself (shipping out N repaired boards) is obviously more than simply boxing up working stuff and posting it. I would guess that some, if not all, of those boards/modules have to be repaired (probably with expensive CPUs) and that takes time and money.

I don't think you understand what's going on here. Not only have people sent him money for the repairs, not only has he had months to make the repairs, he didn't say he was going to fix the boards and then send them out. He just said he's sending them out - who knows if they are reapired or not, that's not even a factor anymore.

Quote:
However, fixing and despatching one or two of the easier jobs would go a long way to restoring some faith.

???
Maybe you missed this post from ACK back on July 8:

"A bunch of stuff is getting shipped out this week:

1) Chris's board will go out on Monday, and he should have it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

2) I'm just waiting on a few case parts for Ivan's machine that were damaged when the machine was shipped to me, but he'll have it this week.

3) Kneedeep's board will go out around mid-week.

4) Cash flow has improved and the issue with Jens will be finalized within a couple weeks."

No fixing, just shipping. It seems this guy can't even handle THAT, and he owns a UPS store!

NoelFuller 
Posted on 13-Jul-2007 22:42:34
#48 ]
Cult Member

@jorkany

Quote:
he owns a UPS store!

Did own - sold it about a year ago I read

Noel

polka. 
Posted on 14-Jul-2007 16:32:02
#49 ]

@NoelFuller
Quote:

NoelFuller wrote:
@jorkany

Quote:
he owns a UPS store!

Did own - sold it about a year ago I read

He must be fully concentrating on Amiga "business" then, i.e. making announcements before pending lawsuits and not sending back repairs, but keeping their (prepaid) money.
Sounds like a much more lucrative business than running an UPS store.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Jul-2007 17:26:09
# ]

@polka.

Well, he better be willing to accept cash on delivery from genuine Amiga businesses if he ever does make new hardware.

There has to be a line when people stop saying "if he ships the repairs now" or "if he posts pictures" or "if he turns up with a board booting OS 4"...

Eventually people must say "no amount of evidence will convince me to pay you cash up front, because I simply cannot rely on you"

On eBay, feedback ratings are there for a reason.

Chris

Last edited by clebin on 14-Jul-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Report this post  
polka. 
Posted on 14-Jul-2007 18:42:29
#51 ]

@clebin

Quote:
Well, he better be willing to accept cash on delivery from genuine Amiga businesses if he ever does make new hardware.

Any idea who will do hardware support for the new hardware? Who will handle warranties etc. when something breaks?

If it's Adam who is doing that, I already know that I will never buy his hardware, just like I never buy anything on ebay from a seller with only 60% positive ratings.

If he is already that unreliable now with just a few mainboards to repair, how will it be after he sold a few hundred mainboards?

Boot_WB 
Posted on 16-Jul-2007 14:03:02
#52 ]

@Thread

So, any updates from Chris, Ivan or Kneedeep? Received any boards/communication/tracking numbers?

Any comment from ACK Controls Inc?

d0c 
Posted on 16-Jul-2007 14:24:16
#53 ]
Cult Member

@Boot_WB

i am waiting to...... any news?... or was it just more lies?

Hitback 
Posted on 16-Jul-2007 14:57:48
#54 ]

@d0c

No news because ACk can't not be trusted. Everyone here has been hearing about powervix this powertix that and then super PPC this and super PPC that with nothing ever materializing. I have said it before and will say it again IF HYPERION does not confirm they are working on Firmware that allows a certian piece of hardware to boot OS4 then don't belive anything some vendor says with out HYPERIONS confirmation.

Remember Hardware needs Software and right now ACK is just got Vaporware.

As for Adam he has had the opportunity to prove all us nay sayers wrong time and time again! But he never has! Not one picture or design of any of his projects.

lets put this horse (conversation) out of it's pain. Ack and Adam just do not deliver on any of their promises.

Until this HYPERION/Amiga INC battle is done don't expect to see any hardware running Os4

Again ( not that I am on the Hyperion bandwagon) HYPERION has delivered (Beta copies) of Os 4 ( which proved that os 4 was real and not vaporware) to selected few and earlybird adopters. Hyperion has put up a profession looking os 4 web page. Hyperion has shown demo viedos and pictures of os 4 operating. Hyperion acts as a company that at least wants to deliver a product and make a buck off of the work they have done

Ack has delivered nothing but promises (vaporware) This is becoming like IDs Duke Nukem forever (10 years in the making)

Last edited by Hitback on 16-Jul-2007 at 03:08 PM.

billt 
Posted on 16-Jul-2007 15:02:40
#55 ]
Elite Member

@Hitback

Quote:
This is becoming like IDs Duke nukem forever (10 years in the making)

Duke Nukem is not id's project. It belongs to 3d Realms.

Hitback 
Posted on 16-Jul-2007 15:28:27
#56 ]

@billt

Yes you are right. I stand corrected. In fact I read about 3d realms new projects in the lates Game Infomer magazine and they are always taking a beating for old Duke.

Any way as a former Amiga user (3000T with Cyberstorm 50mhz 060, a video toaster and Retain 2) I was all prepared for the Power vixxen as A1 and Au1 were impossible to find. I had saved up quite a sum to spend on new Amiga hardware and software. I was so Hyped over OS 4 and the up coming hardware it would run on. Unfortunately the Ack promises just kept falling to the wayside and the new promises I just kept doubting and doubting ever so much until the breaking point.

I took all that cash I had accumilated and went out purchased a 47 inch flat screen HDTV. I then waited to see if Amiga inc had allowe HYPERION the opportunity to create firmware for any other hadware manufacture such as Samantha or Trokia. nothing!!

so I took more of that saved up cash and purchased (tough decicion here should I get a XBox 360, a PS3 Then I saw the little white box from Nintendo it look like something apple would create. I though this thing might be a pice of crap compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3 but you know what once I tried it I was hooked!!!! this thing captured me like how the Amiga onece captured me in 1987 with its inovation)

I purchsae the Wii and have never been more pleased and excited about the possibilities of a system since the amiga as I am with the Wii. here to hoping Nintendo does not end up like Commodor.Quote:

billt wrote:
@Hitback

Quote:
This is becoming like IDs Duke nukem forever (10 years in the making)

Duke Nukem is not id's project. It belongs to 3d Realms.

Last edited by Hitback on 16-Jul-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Chip 
Posted on 16-Jul-2007 16:00:59
#57 ]
Cult Member

@hatschi

Well, if you want you can put it to that list, he fixed my A1 in 2005. Well, I had to wait a lot for it , but finally I got the stuff and still works.

DaFreak 
Posted on 16-Jul-2007 16:20:30
#58 ]

@Chip

Do you really know that it's YOUR working board? He could filched it from another one.. I don't trust somebody who needs years(!) for repair something.

ChrisH 
Posted on 16-Jul-2007 16:49:31
#59 ]
Elite Member

@DaFreak
I think it's fairly likely that ACK has *some* technical know-how, maybe even quite a lot. Enough to make basic repairs for many (but maybe not all) common A1 faults, as he was reported to have done at some shows.

However, I am sceptical that ACK has sufficient know-how to create an entirely new mobo from scratch, all on his own. That's what the missing pictures would help prove.

But I am still very hopeful that these poor guys will get their "missing" A1s back, as that would at least go some way to showing that ACK is out of the bad patch that he was in. And that is the absolute minimum he needs to do, before anyone is going to start trusting him again. IMHO of course.

edit: If Chris does not have his board by Wednesday, then it is over a week late, and will be past my own personal deadline for believing ACK at all. (After that I will happily class him as a compulsive liar).

Last edited by ChrisH on 16-Jul-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 16-Jul-2007 at 04:51 PM.

jorkany 
Posted on 16-Jul-2007 16:56:16
#60 ]
Cult Member

@Chip
Quote:
Well, if you want you can put it to that list, he fixed my A1 in 2005. Well, I had to wait a lot for it , but finally I got the stuff and still works.

You just now got it back?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle