Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 143 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

DiscreetFX

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  2 mins ago
 Gunnar:  7 mins ago
 saimo:  12 mins ago
 amigakit:  30 mins ago
 OldFart:  31 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  50 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 41 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Bizarre dream
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
RoqueFort 
Bizarre dream
Posted on 1-Mar-2008 5:36:21
#1 ]
Elite Member

Well, I have no idea what triggered it, but I suddenly had a dream about Zeewolf, or maybe Zeewolf 2, suddenly remembering what great games they were!

I never actually played the full game Zeewolf/2 but still have an AF coverdisk with a demo of Zeewolf 2.

Can't get the AF coverdisk to work on my A1200... guess I'll have to see if back2roots or some other site has the full version or a demo. Still, I remember what fun it was.

Well, do any of you lot have similar stories about what rekindled your interest in playing ancient Amiga games?

Sex doesn't prove to me that sex doesn't suck.

Profile     Report this post  
AMIGATINO 
Re: Bizarre dream
Posted on 1-Mar-2008 7:34:17
#2 ]

@RoqueFort

"SAINT DRAGON" I can't stop playing this kool shoot em up game:)

Greatings:) My fellow AMIGAN:)

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 1-Mar-2008 9:12:42
#3 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@RoqueFort

Yeah, recently as well.

I was dreaming about something random then I was aware that I had to expend a number of points each action I took. Then I began to see an isometric version of myself and my surroundings.

Then my friends were in an underground building that was under attack from alien greys and I didn't have enough reaction points left to shoot the grey that was holding a missile launcher and then next thing I heard after he dissapeared around a corner was "boom" "boom" "boom" "boom" "boom" Then I woke up.

God I miss that game.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 01-Mar-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Google Translate

RoqueFort 
Posted on 1-Mar-2008 12:16:10
#4 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Heh heh heh! Better than virtual reality!

Wish I could design dreamscapes like that!

Rudei 
Posted on 1-Mar-2008 12:19:32
#5 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

UFO Enemy Unknown!
Fantastic!

Rude!

alexw 
Posted on 1-Mar-2008 12:53:14
#6 ]
Cult Member

@RoqueFort
Quote:

RoqueFort wrote:

You should try to learn lucid dreaming

Alex.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 3-Mar-2008 13:55:35
#7 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

alexw wrote:

You should try to learn lucid dreaming

Alex.

Sometimes I do. In my dreams I can fly.

Trouble is, I have these really cool dreams, but don't remember most of them!

Think, in a recent dream, a little boy was p|ssing me off, so I picked him up and cracked his head on the floor.

Quickly realising that was rather foolish, I somehow managed to "rewind" the dream, or maybe reload it- go back to before this event, like saving a computer game and reloading it if things go wrong, or you die.

Not necessarily old Amiga games, which often either couldn't be saved (with floppy disk that was very tedious) or had passwords instead, but with more recent games like Red Faction.

Well, old Amiga games that are now HD-installable thanks to WHDload sometimes can be saved.

ErikBauer 
Posted on 3-Mar-2008 15:41:34
#8 ]

@RoqueFort

I do have a recurrent dream of Dungeon Master:
I'm playing it yet I also am into the party I am controlling (you know, dreams can get very bizarre)
Usually in the dream I descend a staircase to enter a room filled with rock monsters and worms. The exit is on the other side of the long room, most of the time consisting in a upwards staircase. In the dream I know to be at the bottom of a U shaped Dungeon.

Another version of this dream is the starting of the above dungeon where there is me, wandering in a cumputer made forest, finding the entrance of the dungeon (you know, the initial screen). I press the green gem, enter in the dark and start to collect champions from mirrors.

These dreams were very frequent years ago, when I ended Dungeon Master for the first time. Thesse days they return now and then a couple of times every year.

Now guess: what is my favourite game of all times?

PS: After writing this mail I guess this evening I'll have to go a run to Winuae and play a little bit with Dungeon Master

Check my Amiga gameplays (ITA)!

Bamiga2002 
Posted on 3-Mar-2008 20:17:19
#9 ]

SmashTV + 2 joysticks!

"Good luck, you'll need it!"

RoqueFort 
Posted on 9-Mar-2008 18:24:29
#10 ]
Elite Member

@ErikBauer

Sounds familiar... don't think I've ever played Dungeon Master, but it may have been a dream that suddenly made me want to play the Knightmare demo from an old AF coverdisk.

Well, sadly I can't get that to work either. It starts up and the sound is fine, but the graphics are garbled beyond recognition. :

Dungeon Master sounds good; maybe I should try and get a copy.

newlight 
Posted on 9-Mar-2008 20:16:10
#11 ]

@RoqueFort

Yes last week I was playing Battle Squadron like a maniac on my nearly 18 years old Amiga 500.

It was and still is very violent and funny.

Definitely I workship my Amiga 500 for 18 years of fun.

Amiga 1200 Tower on AmigaKit since years
AMIGA 1300 030/50 Mhz/32 MB WB 3.9 with lots of games&demos
AMIGA ONE XE G3 PPC 800 Mhz/1 GB RAM/RADEON 9250 128 MB/SATA CONTROLLER

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 10-Mar-2008 14:29:14
#12 ]

@RoqueFort

I had this dream the other night
I went to work, and nobody remembered who I was, so,
I decided to take the day off.

On my way out, I run into my boss
He says, "Hey, you look familiar."
I said "Thanks, people say that a lot in these dreams"

Then the horns kicked in
And my shoes started to squeak

All of a sudden I’m standing on a beach in some tropical part of the world
And there's this sign that says
"Aren't you supposed to be at work?"
It sort of screamed out at me
Then I remembered. I'd been here in other dreams.
Usually there was a water polo game
And a girl who could talk with her eyes.
And she'd say, "Can you see what I'm saying?"

Before I knew it, I was walking near a lake
And a phone rings
And the operator speaks to me in a language I don't understand,
"Oom poppa chuckamaga nauva sing gow
Ding koppawallawally double ching pow
Heavy coppalua cumma ginasing tea
Oom mama chuckamana one is now free"

Before long, I was coming up on this really weird part of my dream
You know, the part where I know how to tap dance
But I can only do it while wearing golf shoes?

Now I’m back on the beach,
Walking with this girl who talks with her eyes.
This time she says, "I think you see what I'm saying"
Then, just before I woke up, it started to rain in Southern California

Tomas 
Posted on 10-Mar-2008 16:54:21
#13 ]
Elite Member

@RoqueFort

Quote:

RoqueFort wrote:
@SpaceDruid

I myself learned to lucid dream. I had my first one after 2 weeks of trying and now have 1-2 a week on average. In these dreams you are fully aware of the fact that you dreaming and you can control everything. Most of mine are also as vivid as waking reality. You can for example feel the sun, taste food, feel the wind and so on and even have realistic sex with whatever person you choose. Surely beats virtual reality indeed...

And for recalling dreams i recommend keeping a dream journal. This will help alot with remembering dreams. I went from less than one dream a night to remembering at least 3 full dreams a night. You dont have to write it in details anyways, as it worked fine with just writing down keywords..

I suggest that you check out the discussion forums at: dreamviews.com and ld4all.com if you want to learn it yourself :P

ld4all also has a active irc channel with 30-40 users at irc.chat4all.net

Last edited by Tomas on 10-Mar-2008 at 04:57 PM.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 12-Mar-2008 11:58:00
#14 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaHeretic

Is that actually a dream you had, or just a poem?

Sounds good, either way.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 12-Mar-2008 12:22:07
#15 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Tomas wrote:
@RoqueFort

I myself learned to lucid dream. I had my first one after 2 weeks of trying and now have 1-2 a week on average. In these dreams you are fully aware of the fact that you dreaming and you can control everything.

Mmm... tricky when I do it. I'm not sure if I can control dreams, or whether they control me.

Once I realise I'm in a dream, I try to practise my "skills." Have mastered flying and gliding through walls, like in Quake with the "NoClip" cheat activated, or Unreal with "Ghost" activated.

Am trying to master certain "spells" you might get in a computer game- shooting lightning bolts, flames and ice from my hands. I'm getting better at it, think in some dreams I managed to conduct a visible electric bolt between my left and right index fingers, and directed a bolt at a radio, but didn't quite manage to short-circuit it!

In other dreams, I stared at the palms of my hands, concentrating until flames started to appear, rather like petrol-soaked torches you might get in a parade, or at the olympics! Didn't manage to ignite anything, I'm trying to learn to shoot gouts of flame about 10 feet! Twisted firestarter!

As for ice, well, once I managed to hold out my hand, concentrating. Not quite what I wanted, but I managed to cover something in frozen ice needles!

Also try to turn myself invisible. Tricky to do- I think I've done it, but then I look at my hands which are still visible, so I concentrate until they're transparent. Once I'm sure the people in my dream can't see me, I approach pretty girls and try to... well, you can probably guess.

Quote:

Most of mine are also as vivid as waking reality. You can for example feel the sun, taste food, feel the wind and so on and even have realistic sex with whatever person you choose.

Oh my... sounds like a WET dream now! Yes, good though- sex on the beach!

Quote:

And for recalling dreams i recommend keeping a dream journal. This will help alot with remembering dreams. I went from less than one dream a night to remembering at least 3 full dreams a night. You dont have to write it in details anyways, as it worked fine with just writing down keywords..

Man, I really should do that- I keep having these really cool dreams, then I forget most of them! Wish I had a dream recorder like on Red Dwarf- maybe that's something else Amiga will pioneer, which M$ will promptly steal!

I did have one dream featuring David Tennant as Doctor Who. This was so cool I was determined to remember it, which I described in the "Weird dream I had last night" thread. I also now have my own sonic screwdriver which I sometimes have in my dreams- I can use it to unlock doors, or one time, a girl was approaching me with strange hostility. I zapped her with the gadget, and strangely she stopped in her tracks and went silent!

ErikBauer 
Posted on 12-Mar-2008 14:14:36
#16 ]

@RoqueFort
I've to try your tricks!
Best I've get so far are Telekinesis and Flight powers. Never managed to get more...
Ok, now my goal is to achieve hyperspeed run in my dreams, next to come the Green Ring of Power, then Lightsabre

ErikBauer 
Posted on 12-Mar-2008 14:15:50
#17 ]

@RoqueFort

Quote:

RoqueFort wrote:
@ErikBauer

Sounds familiar... don't think I've ever played Dungeon Master, but it may have been a dream that suddenly made me want to play the Knightmare demo from an old AF coverdisk.

Well, sadly I can't get that to work either. It starts up and the sound is fine, but the graphics are garbled beyond recognition. :

Dungeon Master sounds good; maybe I should try and get a copy.

Dungeon Master IS good, try it and you'll become a believer.

ErikBauer 
Posted on 13-Mar-2008 12:35:10
#18 ]

First try this night:
I was dreaming something a mix between being in the army, working for a mercenary company in the Wild West and a band of raiders sieging the house of my parents.
I was caught in, armed with a shotgun, suddently I realized it was a dream, but instead of remembering myself to try the Hyperspeed trick, I remembered the flaming effect I red on this thread and started to cover my left hand with something similar to Napalm.
After igniting it (don't ask me how) I was able to cast sparks of fire, not enough to stop the raiders.

Not exactly what I was aiming for, but I guess the best things comes with practice...

RoqueFort 
Posted on 13-Mar-2008 12:39:26
#19 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

ErikBauer wrote:
@RoqueFort
I've to try your tricks!
Best I've get so far are Telekinesis and Flight powers. Never managed to get more...

May have tried telikinesis, don't think I got it to work!

Quote:

Ok, now my goal is to achieve hyperspeed run in my dreams, next to come the Green Ring of Power, then Lightsabre

Yep... hyperspeed running. I managed that once, running incredibly quickly through a forest. Quite computer game-ish!

Last night I dreamt, and tried to shoot gouts of flame like I described, but couldn't do it. I stared at my hands, trying to produce fire from them, but instead managed to create some round orange object, like a balloon!

Guess my mind was wandering... I do that a lot when awake, must be thinking about computer games too much!

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 16-Mar-2008 5:56:12
#20 ]

@RoqueFort

It's the lyrics to one of my favorite songs. It's called "This is Ponderous" by a little know group called 2NU.

Should be first song you can play here:

http://search.playlist.com/tracks/2nu

It got some radio play back in like 1991. Me and my best friend stayed up late several nights in a row trying to record the entire song on to audio cassette. Hey we were like 13 and I guess "pirates" back then. Hope RIAA doesn't read this.

Funny thing is like 10 year later I found a website the group had I guess boxes and boxes of their CDs just laying around they had a list you could sign up on and they said they'd send you one for free. So, I put signed up and a while later I got a CD in the mail. Even stranger was they paid like $1.25 to express mail the thing. That must have cost them a TON of money to mail all those CD's out. Kind weired, but I still have the CD. They had some other cool songs I never knew about. I think they had also posted all their songs for free on the internet years before that too.

EDIT: If your using IBrowse you can get to the song (all of them from the Ponderous album) easier with this link
http://2nu.dhs.org/

They did make all their songs free. You can also access them at their website also at:

http://www.2nu2.com/music.html but it's not Amiga friendly and the version of Ponderous on there is "redone" and I don't think it's as good as the original.

Not sure how these guys make money??

Last edited by AmigaHeretic on 16-Mar-2008 at 07:02 AM.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle