Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  14 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 1 min ago
 clint:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 kiFla:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 kriz:  2 hrs 9 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 43 mins ago
 Karlos:  2 hrs 45 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  AmigaAnywhere gets introduced to the Pandora community...
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
Wildstar128 
Re: AmigaAnywhere gets introduced to the Pandora community...
Posted on 16-Jul-2009 9:35:02
#321 ]

@Arko
Quote:

Quote:

First off, AA wasn't meant to be a stuff everything in one API.

Don't look for excuses, AA2 just sucks and if you have never worked with GCC and a 'C/C++' tool chain you should try something simple, Pong, Breakout, 2D Maze ...

I've worked with GCC before but not in a long while and other compilers. I just haven't added toolchains before to a pre-built GCC installation and adding other headers to the same basic include folder as the rest of AA's include in the main include directory.

Quote:
Quote:

For what AA does provide, it does do pretty well and in a pretty straight forward method. As far as other APIs, ..

Some posts before, you looked like someone who has never used a C compiler, now you are telling us about a API you have probably never used.

I've worked with them before. I'm just trying to figure out where it is looking at for headers.

Quote:
Quote:

Amiga Inc. would have to put some unbelievably significant focus on putting toolchains together and building SDK kits for a large number of platforms and really put some impressive work.

They had time to do this, nothing happened, AA2 seems to be dead.

Amiga Inc. has problems to pay their landlord, listed partners have left Amiga Inc. AA1/AA2 Ex-developers refuse to work with Amiga Inc. and there are now AA2 products except Tip calculator and Snowman Maker

Certainly they have some issues to resolve if not resolved/resolving at present. Hard to say. I'm looking at AA2 (although beta) for what it does do and it appears to do it well. I can add other headers (as soon as I get it in the right place). It just seems like it is looking elsewhere then where I placed the headers.

Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Posted on 17-Jul-2009 23:19:38
#322 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

fairlanefastback wrote:
@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
@fairlanefastback

I am not with the Amiga inc's devloper area.
What I know about Aa2 support of different platforms and OS is what is in the Code as "# include" statements and I read about Aa2.

How do you have AA2 if you don't have a login to here (their developer resource area login)?:

http://www.amiga.com/developers/index.php?Login=1

Finally, I have had a new broadband modem after 2 weeks!
My last broke in thunder.

Yes, I have login access!
Probably misunderstood the question.

Last edited by linnar on 17-Jul-2009 at 11:41 PM.

linnar 
Posted on 17-Jul-2009 23:35:57
#323 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

Quote:

1. Beta version

So why should we care at all about it until its out of beta? When will that be? Will it be out of beta ever?

It is up to the audience to decide. But the reactions here to dommen so great is the interest irrespective of intention.

Quote:

Quote:

2. Information is limited on AA2

Well thats the fault of Amiga, Inc., no one else obviously

It is probably deliberately limited.

Quote:

Quote:

3. A group of people defeating product

Blaming consumers and programmers from the public instead of the company may make you feel better, but its a load of horse puckey (as Colonel Potter from M*A*S*H used to say).

No one is blaming anyone, it's just an ordinary statement, and I feel just fine regardless of how it is. But thanks for that you care about the forum member are doing.

Quote:

Quote:

4. Amiga inc seems to have stopped the product temporarily

Let me guess, yet again you have no actual way of knowing if its temporary or permanent. You just hope its temporary. Them not paying an AA2 developer according to him and them having another lawsuit on their hands (from Inception suing them) are really bad signs.

I just guess in all simplicity! There is nothing complicated or desires behind my thoughts on this.

linnar 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 0:30:02
#324 ]
Cult Member

@pavlor

Quote:

pavlor wrote:
@ChrisH

AA2 SDK can be downloaded from A.Inc. You fill in formular on their website. They send you SDA, then you sign SDA and send it through fax/mail to them and they will give you access to the SDK.

I must admit that this isn´t right way to gain a lot of developers.

OK!
It is a different procedure than when I downloaded Aa2.
Then there is the link remains, but you get the first after the signer SDA.

linnar 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 0:37:19
#325 ]
Cult Member

@Wildstar128

Quote:

Wildstar128 wrote:
@ChrisH

It's there but he's not looking at the right spot.

Linnar - Look in the Developer's Exchange (sometimes you need to log in twice - same Amipass login. Look at message about Amiga Anywhere 2 SDK closed release. It is one of the attachments.

OK!
It does not work for me anymore! Maybe it's because I am not signed SDA.

linnar 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 0:46:21
#326 ]
Cult Member

@Arko

Quote:
Read it again:
There is no AA2 for Linux, AROS, MorphOS AmigaOS4, AmigaOS3, Symbian, MacOSX or iPhone. There is nothing in AA2 that would make it more useful than SDL, a cheaper and better system that is available on more platform than AA2 was announced for.

I do not understand why you put so much time to write down something that you do not plan to use?
I do not understand either why it is so difficult to understand why it is not yet more than 2 OS?
It has been explained so many times that half of the time would have been enough.

If it is Amiga Inc To access, I think you are in the wrong thread.

linnar 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 0:54:47
#327 ]
Cult Member

@itix

Quote:

itix wrote:
@Wildstar128

Anyone who develops for AA must be braindead or have got brain damage in some other way. Even (slowly dying) Java is better choice than completely dead "AA" which does not have any business potential in this world.

AmigaAnywhere is dead. I repeat, it is dead. D E A D. Dead like, well, dead corpse.

But please little friend with the nice avatar. Can not be called a package that is' beta 'for the dead? I want to say that it is a fetus in the belly that will be born into life when the plant is finished there.
I am aware that it can happen much until it is ready to give birth but essentially kept the first for life, then, when the time comes, it dies.

linnar 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 1:26:10
#328 ]
Cult Member

@Pleng

Quote:

Pleng wrote:
@Wildstar128

Quote:

Of course[i'll release an AA game], when I completed it and is satisfied with the results.

Fine. At that point we can start to give AA and yourself some credit.

Until then, myself and most of the thread/form believe two things:

1 - AA is cr*p
2- You are full of it

The only way to prove us wrong is produce something. None of your babble will do it. So if you're a busy man I suggest you stop posting drivel on this forum, and tart producing something to back up all the rubbish you've been spouting.

This could hardly follow the forum rules!

Wildstar128 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 5:50:44
#329 ]

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
@Wildstar128

Quote:

Wildstar128 wrote:
@ChrisH

Linnar - Look in the Developer's Exchange (sometimes you need to log in twice - same Amipass login. Look at message about Amiga Anywhere 2 SDK closed release. It is one of the attachments.

OK!

To make sure... DID you go into the Developers Exchange or did you attempt to go into the Developer Buzz? Check again.

I am not sure if Developer Buzz is down at the moment or just me. If you see the different developer areas in the listing, you should be able to access it. You might not if you haven't signed the SDA. There appears to be something happening in the background but not sure.

linnar 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 14:14:43
#330 ]
Cult Member

@Wildstar128

Quote:

Wildstar128 wrote:
@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
@Wildstar128

[quote]
Wildstar128 wrote:
@ChrisH

Quote:

OK!

To make sure... DID you go into the Developers Exchange or did you attempt to go into the Developer Buzz? Check again.

I am not sure if Developer Buzz is down at the moment or just me. If you see the different developer areas in the listing, you should be able to access it. You might not if you haven't signed the SDA. There appears to be something happening in the background but not sure.

I choose "Exchange - Developer Exchange" and when I'm in there I see the title
"Empower DIGITAL LIVING"
and underneath the text:
"Sorry, there are no posts in 0 Exchange at present. Please choose a different Exchange group from the selector to the right"
When I shall select group of the selector, it says:
"Click to select"
When I click the down arrow menu is blank.

Last edited by linnar on 18-Jul-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 18-Jul-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 18-Jul-2009 at 02:15 PM.

linnar 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 14:30:44
#331 ]
Cult Member

@Wildstar128

When I click "New Topic", I get a window where I can enter a new topic.
It seems that I have access to it but I only see what I wrote in last post.

linnar 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 14:38:03
#332 ]
Cult Member

@Wildstar128

Now I found a text that explains why I can not see everything:
"You must login to use Developer Exchange. You must also be assigned a member group by Amiga Developer Support."
It must therefore be likely to sign SDA first!

(The last post was a bit OT, sorry)

Wildstar128 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 18:42:14
#333 ]

@linnar

No problem.

For those reading and clarification.

The Amiga SDA (Software Distribution Agreement) does have an exclusive clause BUT only to products that you design for distribution through Amiga Inc. as you list in Appendix A or by a mutual agreement for any product not listed. You may choose not to list anything in Appendix A. I didn't list anything there when I signed so I am not locking myself in.

By law, when you don't list anything then there is 0 products to the agreement and no exclusity is established and a mutual agreement shall be made on a product by product basis. By doing so, you are allowed to use other distributors because that product is A) not listed in Appendix A and also no mutual agreement is set.

First and foremost, the SDA is an agreement to sell product through the store and it gives you access to AmigaAnywhere SDK. You may add products to the list by mutual consent. By not listing anything - there is no product in Appendix A as part of PRODUCT defined in the contract. This means the software you make that is unlisted is not bound to the exclusivity clause unless a mutual agreement is made if you choose to establish one.

That is what I done so I am not locked to any exclusive distribution clause and I have to decide as the Developer to distribute the title through Amiga Inc.

Should someone distribute their title through them? If Amiga Inc. can sell the title without taking claim over it AND pay you the DEVELOPER then I see no problems with it provide they are capable of selling in volume amount of like several thousand copies a month. But you as the DEVELOPER also has to make the title something people would spend money for. Regardless of the underlying APIs used. It needs to be a title people will enjoy and spend the price amount for.

Games and Apps are not about the API underlying it. Games are about the fun and entertainment value. Apps are for what you can produce with the app.

Pleng 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 18:54:29
#334 ]

@linnar

Quote:

I do not understand why you put so much time to write down something that you do not plan to use?

I don not understand why you put so much time promoting something for which you do not (or cannot prove that you do) use.

Pleng 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 18:55:15
#335 ]

@linnar

Quote:

This could hardly follow the forum rules!

Why?

Pleng 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 18:55:53
#336 ]

@AA Clowns

how's that Pong game coming on?

Should have taken you an afternoon... it's taken a week so far!

broadblues 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 20:04:52
#337 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Pleng

Quote:

don not understand why you put so much time promoting something for which you do not (or cannot prove that you do) use.

victims have a bad habbit of plying into a bully's hands.

if i were a moderator i'd have locked this thread ages ago.

Wildstar128 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 20:06:45
#338 ]

@Pleng

I have bunch of stuff to do at the moment and not related to computer programming and I haven't got to doing that. A simple Pong game isn't hard but I haven't got to doing that yet.

My ordinary day job work is designing buildings. I'm not just a programmer working on programming all day long.

It is a matter of getting some time where I would want to focus on coding and pixel work and creating music (something that I have yet to learn how to do - using a MOD tracker.)

Pleng 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 21:02:55
#339 ]

@Wildstar128

Quote:

I'm not just a programmer working on programming all day long.

It is a matter of getting some time where I would want to focus on coding and pixel work and creating music

No it isn't. No pixel work and music is required for you to create a game of Pong. In any other language its a couple of hours work. And I'm not a programmer working on on programming all day long...

Arko 
Posted on 18-Jul-2009 21:04:01
#340 ]

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:

It is simple to understand d why ... The Title of this Thread is:

AmigaAnywhere gets introduced to the Pandora community...

but the Pandora developers could not use AA2 because here is no AA2 for Linux, There is nothing in AA2 that would make it more useful than SDL, a cheaper and better system that is available on more platform than AA2 was announced for.

AFAIK you are on a Amiga related Forum and you should know:

the Amiga developers could not use AA2 because here is no AA2 for AROS, MorphOS AmigaOS4, or AmigaOS3. There is nothing in AA2 that would make it more useful than SDL, a cheaper and better system that is available on more platform than AA2 was announced for.

-------------------------------------
I don*t wrote it again, for stereotypic question I could answers by "'copy & paste"

Last edited by Arko on 18-Jul-2009 at 09:06 PM.

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle