Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 130 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

agami

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  1 min ago
 Seiya:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 vox:  3 hrs 15 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 8 mins ago
 mbrantley:  4 hrs 10 mins ago
 pixie:  4 hrs 33 mins ago
 FerruleMedia:  4 hrs 41 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 54 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  NEW TIMBERWOLF ScreenShot!!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
pixie 
Re: NEW TIMBERWOLF ScreenShot!!
Posted on 20-Oct-2009 14:27:48
#81 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue

Quote:
Maybe you should use your time to start working on a Firefox port for AROS instead of wasting it with fake screenshots.

Once the source code which binds to the MPL is updated and released the port should come, there's no need to reinvent the wheel twice.

Profile     Report this post  
Rogue 
Posted on 20-Oct-2009 15:09:27
#82 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@Rob

Quote:
Is there any work going on in the area of security?

Only what Firefox offers by default.

Rogue 
Posted on 20-Oct-2009 15:11:23
#83 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@pixie

Quote:
Once the source code which binds to the MPL is updated and released the port should come, there's no need to reinvent the wheel twice.

I am not sure how much you expect. The MPL'ed files are a bunch of #ifdef XP_AMIGA and nothing else, believe me that isn't the big obstacle.

NSPR is highly system dependent, that must be implemented mostly from scratch for almost all platforms, including all Amiga-alikes.

Widget is the biggest chunk.

DAX 
Posted on 20-Oct-2009 15:12:09
#84 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue
As others have said, for every naysayer there are hundreds of people appreciating your updates!
Please keep up the good work and just ignore envious people...

Trixie 
Posted on 20-Oct-2009 15:20:25
#85 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@gregthecanuck

Quote:
Yes there are idiots on this forum.

Don't worry. If the good old "I think, therefore I am" (Descartes) holds true, then the idiots you are referring to simply do not exist because they do not think

AmigaOne X5000/020 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition

RodTerl 
Posted on 20-Oct-2009 16:30:31
#86 ]
Cult Member

Um, sorry about the insanity of this question, given its against All principles of use of net.

Is it possible to AutoBlock ALL outgoing links and connections, From a given site. So we dont need AdBlock, or its auto implemented?. Also, have Default Non International, UTF encoding of URLS etc so that glyph fakes and phishing are greatly reduced? possibly?

Would it be possible to use context based entry handling functions on teh History, as well as Bookmarks etc, so that when you mistype a URL, it doesnt sit in your URL history list for weeks, but can be deleted out with a right click select etc?

Operas Speed Dial is just a preload of a selection of sites, which can be implemented by say a Speed Dial Bookmark folder with an auto Open?

Could it be arranged so that by default only Local data is downloaded first when accessing a site, placeholders etcused where possible, so we get a chance to see what the site actually loks like before getting flooded with adverts etc?.. Could External auto links be loaded on a Dual panel, like Dpaint, that is, not actually physically rendered on the sitee directly, but on a identical bitmap thats overlayed but seperable? Um.. am I being too daft 8(

Sory, Im just trying to think of what Windows has enforced on people over the yers, and how Amiga browsers used to work, given the great differences in average available resources.

Could you make it that the cache is selectable in size, without effective limit? Its nice having a Gig of Cache, but with Terabytes of hard drive, it would be nice to be able to stream iPlayer or such, hundreds of Megs of data, and it to be stored. Maybe differing cache blocks for different data types?

Doing this, will this have full DataTypes support, and so any extended DataTypes, or even implementations of enhanced IFF types? Given DVDs use VOB files only 1024 Meg in size, and IFF supports not only 2048 MEg files, but concantenation of disparate IFF entities?

This is going to be fun. 8)

Wonder if Timberwolf 2 is going to be called DireWolf 8)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle