Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 120 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  29 mins ago
 outlawal2:  38 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 Luc:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 13 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 24 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Save the pages of the AmigaONE X1000 Riddle!!!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Kronos 
Re: Save the pages of the AmigaONE X1000 Riddle!!!
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 6:58:22
#41 ]
Elite Member

@Raffaele

Quote:

Raffaele wrote:
@tomazkid

Quote:

tomazkid wrote:
@Raffaele

[quote]Moana was also neither offical released...

It wasn't no.
But still it was necessary to pre-promote it in forums?
The same thing A-Eon has done so succesfully.

This riddle was a genious move PR-wise, I just hope the hardware support gets confirmed from Hyperion soon so it doesn't become just another chapter of "what could have been".

I agree about riddle being a smart genious move...[/quote]

The riddle would have been somewhat smart (but still annoying) if it had been followed up by full specs and a real website. Soon to be followed by a real product.

Right now it just stands to proove that "Amiga" can't even get simple PR-stunt right.

Bout Moana, the level of stupidity and ignoring costumer's whishes seen in this one prior and after it being "leaked" is simply beyond believe, read yet another incident in making Amiga the prime system for vapour.

Profile     Report this post  
arnljot 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 7:47:38
#42 ]

@tomazkid

Quote:

tomazkid wrote:
@pavlor

Quote:
Moana was not officialy announced.

Not from Hyperion no. But, they have not acknowledged AmigaOne X1000 either.

Don't you think we have had enough of this kind of hardware announcements, a third party telling about "new hardware for AmigaOS", without confirmation from the OS-makers?

Why does everyone conveniently forget that Rouge has an X1000? Doesn't that count for something?

BigD 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 9:22:48
#43 ]
Elite Member

@Rudei

Quote:
If you don't like, go somewhere else - simple as that really eh?

There is nothing to like or dislike about the X1000. There is no product yet other than a prototype board in the hands of Rogue it seems. The 'riddle' was ill timed in that it garnered a lot of attention but failed to give a price, solid specs (including CPU) or delivery date! Without a pre-order form at the end the whole process was incomplete and a lot of hot air. Who cares that a new computer 'might' be on the horizon! I'll say that releasing any details of a product without a working prototype your willing to demonstrate at Amiga Shows etc is foolhardy in this atmosphere of many. many, many failed Amiga hardware companies. The whole reading between the lines of the relationship between A-Eon and Hyperion is also completely needless and has led to many journalists assuming it is Hyperion themselves who are releasing the board (also an unsubstantiated claim on this forum)! Without clarification I cannot get excited about this announcement, I prefer proper physical unveiling of products rather than this viral marketing a soon to be product! Even the PS3 demonstrated a PS3 case as a proof of concept before the working prototype stage, we have nothing but a riddle! Excuse me if I won't be saving my pennies for the X1000 (how can I if I don't know the price). If I buy any 'Amiga' hardware in the next year it'll be a PPC Mac to run MorphOS. Perhaps I'm turning Blue (you know butterfly logos etc)!!

Last edited by BigD on 18-Jan-2010 at 09:27 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 9:38:24
#44 ]
Elite Member

@arnljot

Quote:
Why does everyone conveniently forget that Rouge has an X1000? Doesn't that count for something?

In a word; "No"! Why not demonstrate this fabled machine to the world if he has one? They should ride the publicity wave the riddle has caused instead of retreating back into their A-Eon branded shell! No-one outside of Amiga forums will remember the riddle in 6 months time and that really is sad!

Rob 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 9:58:15
#45 ]
Elite Member

@arnljot

Quote:
Why does everyone conveniently forget that Rouge has an X1000?

Why do so many people call HJF Rouge?

arnljot 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 10:06:16
#46 ]

@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@arnljot

Quote:
Why does everyone conveniently forget that Rouge has an X1000?

Why do so many people call HJF Rouge?

LOL I see your point, perhaps because he's a red developer? (OS4 = Red)

arnljot 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 10:11:09
#47 ]

@BigD

Quote:

In a word; "No"! Why not demonstrate this fabled machine to the world if he has one?

I'm not sure what their reason is. But they've stated before summer. So in a few months time you'll know if you can call them liars or not. We all feel the urgency to get new Amiga Hardware, but lets respect their timetable. It's better to do it right, rather than to do a rush job.

But this is off topic, lets move this to an appropriate thread if this continue.

I think that the current a-eon page looks amateurish, and should be taken down asap. And I don't see any problem in that people want to conserve these riddles, they were fun for most part.

RedMelons 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 10:16:16
#48 ]

@BigD

Quote:
There is nothing to like or dislike about the X1000

I'm not so sure. I watched Small Soldiers yesterday, and the X1000 seems to have worrying features;

... decides to use an intelligent AI munitions computer chip to power the toys, the X-1000, which are put on production. Unfortunately, as it later turns out, these chips tend to enhance their basic programming, making them capable of evolving but also prone to over-dedication in their basic pusuits.

ddni 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 10:23:39
#49 ]
Cult Member

@RedMelons

lol I noticed that yesterday too!

Hans 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 10:25:27
#50 ]
Elite Member

I was right when I said that people would complain no matter what Hyperion & co. do. Just a few weeks ago people were complaining that Hyperion were keeping silent about their MAP, and saying how their lack of communication was poor PR. Now they've given people a glimpse of their MAP via a very fun puzzle/brainteaser (IMHO) that lasted several days, and now some are declaring that it's poor PR because the X1000 isn't ready yet.

Okay everyone, time to go outside and smell the roses, or the diesel fumes, depending on where you are. Go for a walk, kick a ball around a field, or do something else; anything to stop you from over-chewing every bit of news that we get here.

Hans

amigadave 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 11:03:25
#51 ]

The A-Eon Amiga One X-1000 is really a combination of the Natami and PPC AmigaOne designs to allow backward compatibility without software emulation such as E-UAE.

BigD 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 11:07:50
#52 ]
Elite Member

@Hans

Quote:
Go for a walk, kick a ball around a field, or do something else; anything to stop you from over-chewing every bit of news that we get here.

That's the problem with this style of marketing; THERE IS NO REAL NEWS! Other than Hyperion would like there to be a high end Amiga which may be released this year, which involves a hardware partner, which could turn out to be a division of Hyperion! The fun never ends!

kedar 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 11:21:02
#53 ]

Hyperion about MAP on his site in message about Hyperion Entertainment CVBA and Amiga Inc. reach settlement... 17.10.2009:

"As Hyperion Entertainment’s most ambitious project to date is drawing to a close in collaboration with our partners, we invite our current and prospective customers to watch this space for further updates on Hyperion’s continued efforts to revive the Amiga platform."

source: http://hyperion-entertainment.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=134:hyperion-entertainment-cvba-and-amiga-inc-reach-settlement&catid=38:corporate&Itemid=18

And this fact about MOANA is really longtime on internet... is his CV on linkedin...

Andrea Vallinotto, Senior system programmer, ACube systems SRL
(Computer Hardware industry)
January 2006 — February 2007 (1 year 2 months)
Porting of the AmigaOS4 operating system to the Apple's Mac (PPC) architecture, by adapting the operating system's HAL and creating device drivers. Also designed and implemented from scratch the boot phase.

source: http://it.linkedin.com/pub/andrea-vallinotto/7/990/72b

Kronos 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 11:22:48
#54 ]
Elite Member

@Hans

Just because something is different doesn't mean it's better (or worse).

Good PR would have been:

- don't talk about MAP, don't give hints, just speak when it's ready
or
- be open from the start what MAP is, and how far it is proceeded

What they did:

- *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge* "big super secret things to come" followed up by a complete non-show.

And that doesn't even tackle leaving an official website in such a broken state as AEon's one.

kedar 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 11:33:00
#55 ]

I think that CPU and Video coprocesor is for now realy secret ;)
I hope that in CPU and Video is used Transmeta and NOVAFORA Technologies...
I have long notes about his history and qualification from me research...
BTW: NOVAFORA look like Nova For Amiga ;)

BigD 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 11:35:09
#56 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Some ideas for future hard hitting marketing/viral pages:

What is X?

It's uneXplained, other than the CPU = X (unknown PPC model) and the price = A1000 price in 1985 + or - a variable X%

If you search the source code to A-Eon's page you might have a glimpse of this strange mobo and unspecified case we might choose to sell you if your good! Clue, a microdot contains the motherboard schematics!

eXciting times are ahead! The futures yellow and black!

Perhaps I should be their head of marketing!

kedar 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 11:48:59
#57 ]

"Transmeta's innovative technology and the expertise of its employees are valuable additions to Novafora," said Zaki Rakib, CEO of Novafora. "Adding Transmeta's power management technology to our video processor will advance our vision of making our products applicable across the broadest range of video-oriented devices and help Novafora's mission to fulfill the promise of the digital video revolution - the highest quality video, anywhere, on any device and at any time."
source: http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=168132&site=cdn

Maybe is only random... but 17.11. for many Europans people big day...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velvet_Revolution

Rudei 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 13:00:39
#58 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Rudei

Quote:
If you don't like, go somewhere else - simple as that really eh?

There is nothing to like or dislike about the X1000. There is no product yet other than a prototype board in the hands of Rogue it seems. The 'riddle' was ill timed in that it garnered a lot of attention but failed to give a price, solid specs (including CPU) or delivery date! Without a pre-order form at the end the whole process was incomplete and a lot of hot air. Who cares that a new computer 'might' be on the horizon! I'll say that releasing any details of a product without a working prototype your willing to demonstrate at Amiga Shows etc is foolhardy in this atmosphere of many. many, many failed Amiga hardware companies. The whole reading between the lines of the relationship between A-Eon and Hyperion is also completely needless and has led to many journalists assuming it is Hyperion themselves who are releasing the board (also an unsubstantiated claim on this forum)! Without clarification I cannot get excited about this announcement, I prefer proper physical unveiling of products rather than this viral marketing a soon to be product! Even the PS3 demonstrated a PS3 case as a proof of concept before the working prototype stage, we have nothing but a riddle! Excuse me if I won't be saving my pennies for the X1000 (how can I if I don't know the price). If I buy any 'Amiga' hardware in the next year it'll be a PPC Mac to run MorphOS. Perhaps I'm turning Blue (you know butterfly logos etc)!!

Then buy a PPC Mac and be done with it - I and a few others on here are getting fed up with your constant complaining.

Rude!

ddni 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 13:04:46
#59 ]
Cult Member

@Rudei

+1

tiffers 
Posted on 18-Jan-2010 13:07:28
#60 ]

@BigD

Are you still bumping your gums about this? I can't believe you continue to moan about how Hyperion shouldn't hacve said anything until they had a saleable product.

Don't you see what effect the 'viral' campaign has had, in the world, not just here on AW.net? There are literally thousands of people saying "I'm keenly ineterested" about the X1000, and without the presence of the final product, it's sparked a wave of (speculative, I'll admit) discussion. There are people out there who don't even know what an Amiga is who are being exposed to the idea..

Not even the oft' quoted Apple launches are for products no one has heard of, and then they walk out the doors and buy the thing. Info is leaked out the entire time. Discussion builds up. Speculation runs wild. Then the company announces something they have, and that they will release it soon.

This is a 'leak' to whet your appetite. It's not the official launch / release of the X1000 (as you seem to think it is, or should be)

The official launch will include all the details, including a dedicated site, which may not have pricing info on it (ie it may have a 'wher to buy' page, and you find your 'local' dealer to find out the price), probably video footage, hi-res images etc.

Just because you don't get all the tid bits you expect, it's not an excuse to whine and generally slander the staff or the PR tactics used by a company when releasing a product. It's their product. They can relase it how they want. Have some sense of patience will you.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you really want one bad, and you're sour that you can't get your 'grubby little hands' on it now.

tiffers

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle