Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 136 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  8 mins ago
 kolla:  17 mins ago
 amigakit:  30 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  38 mins ago
 zipper:  42 mins ago
 OlafS25:  45 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  47 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 pavlor:  2 hrs 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  COMMODORE USA projects spending 30 million USD in advertising with ads developed by Korey Kay & Partners
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
fairlanefastback 
COMMODORE USA projects spending 30 million USD in advertising with ads developed by Korey Kay & Partners
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:09:27
#1 ]
Team Member

Birbo brought this up in another Commodore USA thread but it was either missed or ignored by the company as they responded to other posts in the thread.

To be blunt, as Birbo was, how the heck could we possibly believe Commodore USA has $30 million USD just for this advertising project? Even if we were to assume it was planned to be spread over the next five years how could that possibly be?

Here is Birbo's original post: -link-

Here is the beginning of the press release:

Quote:
September 14, 2010 COMMODORE USA APPOINTS KOREY KAY & PARTNERS NEW YORK, NY and FT. LAUDERDALE, FL September 14, 2010 – Commodore USA announced today the selection of Korey Kay & Partners as its Agency of Record for Branding and Creative Development. Projected budget: $30 million....

Here is the link to the full press release:

http://www.commodoreusa.net/press.html

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 18-Oct-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Amiga 1200

Profile     Report this post  
Wizzard_o 
Re: COMMODORE USA projects spending 30 million USD in advertising with ads developed by Korey Kay & Partners
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:12:50
#2 ]
Cult Member
From: UK, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Alpha Quadrant, The Milky-Way, Universe. 1.1.1.3.44.HP

@fairlanefastback

I smell bull ####...

klx300r 
Re: COMMODORE USA projects spending 30 million USD in advertising with ads developed by Korey Kay & Partners
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:13:16
#3 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

WOW..that much to get DoomMaster out of retirement eh

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

gerograph 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:25:55
#4 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

Well, personally I donnot belive anything in Amigaland, until I can see it... better: buy it. Up to now I have a bad feeling about CUSA. So I just sit back and wait for things happening or not. Lets suggest they will come out with one or two retro/amiga/commodore looking computers. I guess it is wise to do a lot of advertising. I doubt if it is $30 million, but both partners win if they state a big amount in the beginning. As CUSA is looking at massmarket, nobody would belive them if they come up with below a million. Maybe it is 1 million for the first three years, if product got potential they go for the big thing...

greetings gerograph

www.geomarketing-consultant.de

Fransexy 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:26:15
#5 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Amiga inc also said it will sponsor Kent arena for 10 million and press releases were made for both parties.As you see talk is free and is easy to make statements.Another different history is be able to perform them

Simon 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:32:24
#6 ]
Cult Member

mushrooms ...

The Belgian Amiga Club on FACEBOOK !

The Belgian Amiga Club Website

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:38:12
#7 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Some questions i have in mind:

1) Why a company that have a 30$ budget for advertising starts posting in a forum asking for credibility.
2) Why a company that claim to be serious, starts to make affair with another company that have an unclear past.
3) Why a company with a stunning budget (say 30 million $) wants the Amiga trademark just after a trial has established that Hyperion have full rights to the amiga name?
4) Why this company haven't get any contacts with the real interested parties?

sorry for my non checked english grammar

With respect to a member of this forum, you have to admit, all of this story is unclear.

Mechanic 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:40:04
#8 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Million

Their CTO can't even scrape up 10 bucks for this site. ( But he sure can hype here.)

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:46:09
#9 ]

@AmigaBlitter

Quote:
1) Why a company that have a 30$ budget for advertising starts posting in a forum asking for credibility.

they haven't started posting here to gain credibility... They couldn't care less for amiga market as it is today, IMHO, it isn't their primary targeted population. The reasons Leo posted here are - he is an amigan and has been a member for years and secondly he wanted suggestions what they can do to please atleast some in the community. He was met with fanatical answers. Well, live and learn, Leo

Quote:
2) Why a company that claim to be serious, starts to make affair with another company that have an unclear past.

because it's the only way to license the trademark... and it's where A Inc's role stops. they have nothing with C=USA, as explained by Leo.

Quote:
3) Why a company with a stunning budget (say 30 million $) wants the Amiga trademark just after a trial has established that Hyperion have full rights to the amiga name?

They do not have any rights over Amiga name.

Quote:
4) Why this company haven't get any contacts with the real interested parties?

Well, who says that they haven't? We'll know shortly, the same with the marketing... C64x should be out in a month or so

number6 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:50:25
#10 ]
Elite Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

My thoughts are that while you follow C=USA's chances I will be focussing on the bigger fish that they are somewhat dependent on...Asiarim.
atm, they seem to be paying a yearly salary of only 12,000 USD (poverty level) to their CTO. Of course, they might have simply misplaced a decimal point.

Spirantho 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 19:59:56
#11 ]

While I would love to see Commodore USA put their money where their mouth is, and be proved wrong, I think to be taken with even an ounce of credibility, they should spend a little cash on their website to get it up to an acceptable level. How can we take seriously a company throwing 8-figure sums around when they can't even design a $100 website?

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 20:02:24
#12 ]
Elite Member

i admire your ability in getting to the point.

marko 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 20:14:10
#13 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@fairlanefastback

Check this poll, "Is C=USA's $30 million ad budget more real than the $10 million AI failed to pay for the Kent Stadium naming rights?"

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=32443&forum=28&poll_id=921

m4rko.com/AMIGA

Benji 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 21:37:52
#14 ]
Cult Member

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

...that it wont be long before they set the ill tempered, mutated sea bass to shoot us with lasers...

Seriously - if you want to believe (and discuss) what looks like a (one man) company with a track record of advertising "technology" in the late 80s/early 90s has just been handed $30 million for a global brand re-launch then carry on...

jas_mc 
Posted on 18-Oct-2010 21:53:36
#15 ]

I was suspicious of this announcement because a company that has 30 mil to spend on advertising generally hires lawyers to threaten bloggers who they feel are defaming them (I'm talking OS News).

Companies that have 30 mil to spend generally don't copy and paste a lawyer's letter off the internet (one for the wrong state no less), change the names, and fire it off.

It's not impossible that they secured this much backing, but it's somewhat dubious.

djrikki 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 9:59:32
#16 ]
Elite Member

@jas_mc

Defamation doesn't carry though to the online world in the same way as it does through to traditional media though does it?

Online I can say anything about any company or government I choose without fear of reprisal unless I live in some communist country like China. Although I bet could find someone that would argue to the contrary.

Last edited by djrikki on 19-Oct-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Last edited by djrikki on 19-Oct-2010 at 09:59 AM.

ChrisH 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 13:27:07
#17 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon Quote:
They do not have any rights over Amiga name.

That's a bit misleading (as usual) : Hyperion are allowed to use the terms "Amiga One, AmigaOne, Amiga OS4 & AmigaOS4" how they like, while Amiga Inc said they'd avoid using the term Amiga in relation to anything similar to AmigaOS. (Paraphrased from memory)

ChrisH 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 13:30:20
#18 ]
Elite Member

@djrikki Quote:
Online I can say anything about any company or government I choose without fear of reprisal

No, as far as I understand it (IANAL), laws about Libel apply just as much as on-line as off-line. Which seems reasonable, since on-line chat is just another form of speech.

Last edited by ChrisH on 19-Oct-2010 at 01:31 PM.

djrikki 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 13:59:05
#19 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

Doesn't sound reasonable to me, but then again it would depend on who is doing the talking and where they are posting to.

If I was to post as an example something slanderous about PortablE which I wouldn't cos I don't even no what it is ( ) it wouldn't matter because this is public forum; much like a talking to mates or strangers at a bar or pub - its not 'published work', its mere comments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion at the end of the day.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 19-Oct-2010 15:31:08
#20 ]
Team Member

@Benji

Quote:

Benji wrote:
@fairlanefastback

Seriously - if you want to believe (and discuss) what looks like...

Personally I don't believe the 30 million USD budget. And BigBentheAussie's silence on this is deafening IMHO.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 19-Oct-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Amiga 1200

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle