Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 160 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 -Sam-:  7 mins ago
 RobertB:  31 mins ago
 Gunnar:  42 mins ago
 OlafS25:  50 mins ago
 pixie:  51 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 blmara:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 miggymac:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 42 mins ago
 DWolfman:  4 hrs 51 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Alt Amiga OS
      /  to BigBentheAussie
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
DAX 
Re: to BigBentheAussie
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 7:53:42
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Hammer
Quote:
I was referring to transparency with zoom/scale and AA. Windows Media Center in Windows 7 Embedded Demo

Yeah i got it, but I was also referring to the very same effects which i already have in Steven Fellner's Warp View in the slide show options (during "exploration" you can even rotate the pictures in 3D, interactively any angle).
So those effects are already present in an AmigaOS program but are not applied to AMC (even when you change menu etc.).

It would be a matter of combining the two.

Profile     Report this post  
BigBentheAussie 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 7:57:21
#22 ]

@phoenixkonsole

Quote:
Hmm.... i saw no problem in the HDAudio driver at this point. Stephen is not the mafia.

Oh really.
Weren't you and your cronie pretty much demanding that we pay you protection money in the form of that bounty.
Even declaring war if we don't. Start with the little finger I use it the least.
What we pay, and to whom, and for what, will be on our schedule, and we will not be beholden to the agenda of any other entity.
You seem to do what you want with your money, why can't we?
Maybe you saw no problem with HDAudio drivers, but we did.
Any company with any intentions of being bigger than a backyard operation wouldn't put up with that kind of rubbish.
100% certainty is required in all things, or you can't do it. The stakes are just too high.

Last edited by BigBentheAussie on 29-Oct-2010 at 08:00 AM.

Hammer 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 8:01:25
#23 ]
Elite Member

@phoenixkonsole

Quote:

phoenixkonsole wrote:
@Hammer
Look we are using the cross-layout "+"

up/down left right nothing more nothing less.
So virtually you are navigating throught the menus from left to right - like on the XBOX
The difference is just you see on the XBOX the menus before and after your current option.
SO to make it clear. This is a piece of cake to have it done.

I was referring to the effects combination not navigation format. Windows's MCE navigation format wasn't the first.

Quote:

Making DVD's or ripping AudioCd's or utilizing TMDB's API or making a Scheduler-program for Recording Jobs (WebTV) this is "work" and "needed work".

That's application service issue.

Quote:

You compare M$ with a two-man army BTW.. Well we got help by many talented coder from AROS/MorphOS/ AmigaOS but AMC itself is coded by one person. My Designer of choice is working on Icons for Broadway... 300. So stay tuned.

So relax. And i must say i am proud. Fabio is doing a awesome job!

I'm relaxed. I was comparing "what's on the market". The size of corporation was not the issue.

Last edited by Hammer on 29-Oct-2010 at 08:01 AM.

Mr_DBUG 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 8:12:19
#24 ]

I thought !businesspeople! like mr Altman understood that one of the prime necessities of good business was to NOT - INSULT their CUSTOMERS - !

I refer to the statements quoted in various places.

Atleast not before the business is going and established and a sale is made .. ;-P
I understand if harsh words came out of the retro community and tempers flared, I suppose we were not expected to revolt the revitalization of a long dormant brand (atleast as far as the mainstream is concerned..)

I still wish C=USA luck making that PC64, if it ever comes on sale in Norway I might still get one .. Provided it runs AROS 90-100% at some point in time preferrably sooner than later .. Or maybe rather AROS on that Amiga branded machine ..

EDIT: I WILL likely get one

And a fun bonus would be if you could connect it to a SCART TV with C64 emu directly running ... If you wont give us a C64 case with a FPGA A.R.G. device in it that is ..
THAT would be unique and not just "another" PC ..

Anyway I guess this computer never will be sold in Norway ?
Komplett Data ? Norek ? I dont want to ship it back abroad for possible warranty issues ...

And again .. retro computerpeople are a big part of the buzz generating crowd for this kind of thing ... So please try to mend the relationship .. As far as it can be fixed.. Maybe by funding atleast some tiny AROS development projects for example, so that It could run on your device .. Atleast if the Amiga branded project is going on .. atleast a possible future possibility ... ! It would rock , and almost be a neccessity to justify the name .. AROS is to AMIGA as Linux is to UNIX .. (?)

Sure , wait till some money comes in .. If thats critically needed ..

Last edited by Mr_DBUG on 29-Oct-2010 at 08:28 AM.

Hammer 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 8:17:27
#25 ]
Elite Member

@DAX

Quote:

DAX wrote:
@Hammer
Quote:
I was referring to transparency with zoom/scale and AA. Windows Media Center in Windows 7 Embedded Demo

Yeah i got it, but I was also referring to the very same effects which i already have in Steven Fellner's Warp View in the slide show options (during "exploration" you can even rotate the pictures in 3D, interactively any angle).
So those effects are already present in an AmigaOS program but are not applied to AMC (even when you change menu etc.).

It would be a matter of combining the two.

Like this?
http://warpview.amigarevolution.com/images/WVScreenShot3DWipes.jpg

PS; It's missing anisotropic filtering(??) and AA.

Last edited by Hammer on 29-Oct-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Last edited by Hammer on 29-Oct-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Last edited by Hammer on 29-Oct-2010 at 08:19 AM.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 8:24:29
#26 ]

@BigBentheAussie
hmpf... i wrote that i contacted you about AMC,
you said i didn't
i wrote sure but only via pm
you wrote "well there was no audio driver - so no interest in AMC"
I think: hmm ok!? At least you could told me this.
Than i said that a driver whas no problem (especially if you have 30.000.000$ for adverts)
I was in the same position with the AresOne about the driver and had no problem. Davy got what he needs and everything was fine.

A good tip :
If i have 30.000.000 and still need some month for a case design - something is wrong (ok i could do it alone), maybe you should try to work with "others". It would be faster.

Whatever: Please do your thing and i do mine. I will not talk about you ( positive or negative) anymore.

Regards,
Pascal

Edit: If i say "you" i mean C=USA .... nothing against your person! I respect your engagement.

Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 29-Oct-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 29-Oct-2010 at 08:24 AM.

DAX 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 8:28:36
#27 ]
Elite Member

@Hammer
On screen there you are seeing the 3D rotation, while on the menu he is selecting the "cross fade + zoom in and out". the latter produces the same effect of when you move between menus in Windows Media Center (when you hit the back button for example) with the new stuff coming in with a zoom and the other dissolving (with another zoom) simultaneously all done with real transparency.
Also when you rotate the pictures with the up and down arrows, you see a real time animation of it, smoothly rotating 90 degrees.
There are a lot of neat effects in warp view, which could be used in conjunction with a Media Player application to complete its "professional" look and feel.

P.S.
Edge Anti Aliasing is not there yet, it maps the picture onto a polygon so the polygon borders have no AA at the moment (not much noticeable at high-resolutions and while moving at high speed), however you can apply filtering on the bitmap itself from another menu. Looks pretty good.

Last edited by DAX on 29-Oct-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Arko 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 11:04:44
#28 ]

Quote:

@BigBentheAussie

Oh really.
Weren't you and your cronie pretty much demanding that we pay you protection money in the form of that bounty. .....

PLENK !

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

amigang 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 11:26:42
#29 ]
Elite Member

Just saw this video and thought its perfect for C=USA

How to get Rich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz81sLCy--c

HenryCase 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 13:20:34
#30 ]
Cult Member

@BigBentheAussie
When you're in a hole and want to get out, the answer is not to keep on digging. My advice to you is to stop replying to these threads and let things calm down, you're still a young company, maybe there's a chance the recent actions can be forgiven in time.

I'd advise the other people involved to stop posting about this too, it's easy to take the moral high ground and let things go, it doesn't serve any purpose continuing to stir the pot, I'm sure Amigans have got a clear enough picture of the events now to make their own minds up.

Just as a bit of PR advice for C=USA, to me it looks like you missed out by not at least donating some money to the HDA bounty (even if it wasn't the whole amount). That would have shown some commitment to AROS, and would have helped in starting to build a good reputation in the Amiga community (building a good name/reputation is what PR is all about after all). Some people have said that they were prepared to buy a C=USA product but are now having second thoughts, the opportunity with this bounty is gone, but other AROS bounties exist *hint hint* and you don't have to donate silly money to start repairing your reputation, it all helps.

For the rest of us, let's do ourselves a favour and find something else in Amiga land to entertain ourselves with. Thanks for reading.

persia 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 13:24:31
#31 ]

@BigBentheAussie

But you seem to only have license for the computer in a keyboard retro boxes. How can you be a big player if you can only put the Commodore name on a niche product? Laptops. Netbooks, Tablets, All-In-Ones (like iMac, Dell Inspiron One 19, HP Touchsmart, etc) are out of your license. And it appears Asiarim is going to use theCommodore name for these.

pixie 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 15:09:56
#32 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Quote:
Commodore USA was not set up as charity to support the development of AROS. It holds less than nothing of interest or importance to me, or 99.999999% of our intended market. It is a product that I or any other company could not use at all, as it has NO commercial value now, as is. So why are you all so concerned??

It's not about charity, but if someone can't grasp and try to undermine it from the start doesn't have much relevance in my book...

Tomas 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 15:42:19
#33 ]
Elite Member

@phoenixkonsole

Quote:
A PCI-TV-card driver will come too, but not this year because the developer is busy and on top moves home.(ahh my english is bad ; ) )

Any plans for DVB driver so you can watch/record digital tv?

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 18:10:39
#34 ]

@Tomas
Well we are talking about DVB HD. So yes ; )

kolla 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 21:09:40
#35 ]
Elite Member

@phoenixkonsole

Not disrespect to your work, but why would I run AMC instead of XBMC?

I mean - XBMC is umpteen times more capable than AMC will ever be, since AMC is restricted by the limiatations of AROS - and I'm not talking about graphical fluff.

I'not running AROS in order to use a media center, I'm running AROS to enjoy an amiga experience. I'm really pussled by the entire AMC effort, really.

asymetrix 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 23:36:01
#36 ]
Cult Member

@thread

one can always look at SKY HD BOX code

http://www1.sky.com/opensourcesoftware/SkyHD/opensourcesoftwaredownloads.html

vox 
Posted on 29-Oct-2010 23:50:01
#37 ]
Elite Member

@BigBentheAussie

Yes we discovered CUSA is not a charity (however there is a more polite word
"social responsibility", but again proven to be politricks)

OK, you could donate 1$ or 10$, 100$ if your Commodore USA Amiga`s are going to use AudioHD since driver would benefit you too and you would have it in several months waiting for others to give their contrib (like AresOne does)

All your PR for now is prime example of Chewbacca defence

Notable sentence: IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

In South Park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhvAs5GsMPw

Exponation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defence

In movies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-1pmmajr2Q&feature=related

In Computer Science
http://www.commodoreusa.net/os.html
It states "All Commodore and Amiga computers fully support Ubuntu and Windows operating systems"

voyager2007 
Posted on 30-Oct-2010 0:07:22
#38 ]

@thread

Please excuse this ignorance of mine, but what is this all about???

Why should Commodore USA care about AROS, when they plan to manufacture PCs that happen to look like Commodore 8-bit or Amiga computers?

Most of their customers will be PC owners that had one of the old Commodore computers earlier in their lives. They will most likely want a PC that runs a typical PC OS, like Windows and/or Linux.

How many AROS users are there anyway? 5? 10? 50? 100?

wawa 
Posted on 30-Oct-2010 0:12:03
#39 ]
Elite Member

@cusa
Quote:

Commodore USA was not set up as charity to support the development of AROS. It holds less than nothing of interest or importance to me, or 99.999999% of our intended market. It is a product that I or any other company could not use at all, as it has NO commercial value now, as is. So why are you all so concerned??

i really dont understand if aros is completely out of your scope, so why you post and advertise your product on forums dedicated to amiga systems? even if aros wasnt a mature procuct, i dont think anybody here is interested in an amiga branded computer to run windows. take your ball to where your intended market is.

vox 
Posted on 30-Oct-2010 0:32:23
#40 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

Wbile the OS list is stripped off AROS
Press section has AROS mentions
http://www.commodoreusa.net/press.html

in this kind of fancy manners

Our relationship with them, along with our support for the elegant, robust and lightweight AROS desktop operating system, will ensure that they and future customers will benefit from our new and exciting vision, and enable the legacy Commodore and Amiga culture to flourish

n response to an overwhelming demand from Amiga users worldwide, Commodore USA’s CTO Leo Nigro announced today that their new Amiga branded computers will be fully AROS compatible, and that they will be supporting the AROS open source community in every way possible. Mr. Nigro states “With the monumental strides that AROS has recently achieved, we realize the importance of accelerating this progress with funding that will enable this project to rapidly move forward and take it’s rightful place at the forefront of desktop operating systems”. With the recent announcement of their newly updated Commodore C64 model, and the acquisition of the Amiga brand exclusive trademark license, Commodore USA has once again catapulted the Commodore and Amiga namesake to the forefront of consumer electronics brand recognition.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle