Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 123 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

zErec

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zErec:  4 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 mins ago
 BigD:  8 mins ago
 OlafS25:  13 mins ago
 retrofaza:  28 mins ago
 kolla:  42 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 joeyunderwood:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 Sikharubel:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  Its there C-USA will sell A1000 A2000 A3000..under Workbench 5.0
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
ruben 
Re: Its there C-USA will sell A1000 A2000 A3000..under Workbench 5.0
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 0:58:14
#141 ]

@damocles

Quote:
C64 had it's fan base who are now middle aged

WHAT??? Man, I'm only in my 30's!!

Profile     Report this post  
vox 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 1:14:03
#142 ]
Elite Member

@ruben

tommywright 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 3:14:40
#143 ]

There is a countdown there now. 4 hours, 45 minutes left...
http://www.commodoreusa.net/Home.html

digitex 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 3:46:11
#144 ]

@tommywright

http://www.logiprise.com/

Plaz 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 3:56:49
#145 ]

@clebin

Quote:
It's The Beatles! Mitch, Ricky, Simon and Baz!

Plaz

digitex 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 4:15:19
#146 ]

@Plaz
NEWS FLASH!
John is dead
George is dead
Paul is old
Ringo is..., well...he's just Ringo

get the analogy?

sorta like the current state of Amiga

but sometimes, the new is even better than the old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijMXAdsTW-0

Plaz 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 5:27:16
#147 ]

@digitex

Yes, it's a joke, it was funny, I laughed. Must it really be explained to you?

Plaz

linnar 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 6:53:09
#148 ]
Cult Member

Exciting, have been waiting for this for years!
At last comes off perhaps!

F5 ... F5 .... F5 ... F5 ....

Arko 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 6:54:18
#149 ]

@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:
@ruben

[img]http://www.openclipart.org/....

Oh I have reported you for posting insulting pictures and flooding the board with your "don't feed the Trolls" Images.

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

Thom_Holwerda 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 9:43:16
#150 ]

@digitex

"FYI: Trademark is currently "IN DISPUTE", and being handled by the attorneys. ...And thanks to whoever did this, and sent me the link; PRICELESS!! http://www.osnewshack.citymax.com/index.html"

You're a grown-up, right? You do realise that everyone who can rub two braincells together knows it's you who put that site together, right?

You're the hack here, Barry Altman. I had hoped that the retraction of your utterly idiotic, copy/pasted legal threat indicated you were actually somewhat reasonable, but it's clear you're not. Even on that little joke site of yours you just linked to, you violated my copyright (that photo is mine, you know), but then again, violating copyright is what you do best.

And, had you actually read the article about the PS2, you would've known it quite clearly states that I was cheating when I said it was the best selling computer of all time.

Unbelievable that AmigaWorld lets you promote your scam.

Last edited by Thom_Holwerda on 14-Dec-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Last edited by Thom_Holwerda on 14-Dec-2010 at 09:43 AM.

vox 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 10:04:31
#151 ]
Elite Member

@kamelito

I believe Wizard was not pointing out that CUSA should die,
but that it will cash on other people`s spirit of creative and new
hardware and software, which is exactly what they will NOT do.

And if they proceed with Workbench 5 idea, yes that is an insult, too.

Also, they might not be that successful if not Amiga-like PC is what all those retro geeks want. We`ll see. As pointed out before by me, they are not even making look to the past (as Cloanto Amiga Forever DVD and full CD release is) nor to the future (in terms of developing real x86 AmigaOS) but to exploit the licence which was only thing Amiga Inc gad to offer (same is with Commodore 64 brand). So it`s a company setup to exploit retro, which is nothing new, we see remakes of old movies and games daily.

zerohero 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 10:07:30
#152 ]
Team Member

@Thom_Holwerda

Quote:

I find it more unbelievable that people can't discuss things without going completely bonkers.

And so far it's not a scam, right? They have no product yet and have not taken anyone's money.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 10:55:30
# ]

@vox

Quote:
I agree. And I am terrified that "our dear x86 Amiga users" don`t see any insult in it.

Where did you get that from?

As an x86 Amiga user I think I made my feelings clear about "Workbench 5.0" earlier, and most AROS users have distanced themselves from C=USA.

I even started a "AROS != Commodore USA" thread asking people not speak of us like we're the same thing. That's when people Wizzard_o started his anti-AROS nonsense.

But can you really expect AROS and MorphOS people to care as much about official trademarks as OS 4 users? After all, certain OS4 users go out of the way to tell us our OSes aren't proper Amiga, don't matter or are even wrong, because they don't have the name. And you expect us to come out with the same righteous indignation about someone using 'Amiga'? I'm happy to say "I don't like it" but I'm hardly going to get as angry as Wizzard_o.

OS 4 got more to worry about than the rest of us, because it's your trademarks being confused, not AROS's. AROS as open-source is mostly immune from C=USA.

Chris

Report this post  
linnar 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 10:56:00
#154 ]
Cult Member

@zerohero

Quote:

zerohero wrote:
@Thom_Holwerda

Quote:

I find it more unbelievable that people can't discuss things without going completely bonkers.

And so far it's not a scam, right? They have no product yet and have not taken anyone's money.

Well done zero hero!

It has gotten better track of the forum for some time. The honor you moderators!

Last edited by linnar on 14-Dec-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 14-Dec-2010 at 03:16 PM.

BillE 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 10:59:01
#155 ]

@Wizzard_o

Quote:
To x86 fans; your just cheapskates, you want the Amiga name and spirit without parting with the cash, had OS4 been put on x86 (as you all ####ed and moaned about) it would probably have been pirated, torrented so ass-holes like yourselves would get your 'free' OS on your mundane common-as-crap hardwareGo to hell, all of you. You don't support the Amiga, only yourselves. I hate the way C= USA are preparing to cash in on OUR heritage just to sell free-loading scum re-cased PC's with a chopped about *nix dis

Well said, a pity you got moderated for it.

It is these x86 winkers trying to cash in on a name that need moderating. What place does C= USA have on this site anyway ?

C= didn't even invent the amiga they just bought it - and then went bust after going into the x86 business.

That spamming "Biggest C= USA Fan" should be permanently banned from this and all Amiga sites IMHO.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 11:01:28
# ]

@vox

Another thing.

How come it's the fault of x86 Amiga users for not supporting you?

Are you worried C=USA will sell more machines than ACube and A-Eon? Funny - that's exactly what some of us have been trying to tell Hyperion for years.

Simple fact: if you and Hyperion had listened to pro-x86 people in the beginning, this wouldn't be happening right now, would it?

Chris

Report this post  
linnar 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 11:02:22
#157 ]
Cult Member

@Thom_Holwerda

Sorry!
Language problems with my posting!

Last edited by linnar on 14-Dec-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 14-Dec-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Last edited by tomazkid on 14-Dec-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 11:04:11
# ]

@BillE

And my last post applies especially to you, Bill.

We told you x86 was best for AmigaOS 4 and you ignored us. Now it's supposedly our fault.

Well, I don't think so, mate!

Quote:
C= didn't even invent the amiga they just bought it

Bit like Amiga Inc and Hyperion, yeah? Funny how reason goes out of the window when talking about your favourite OS, isn't it?

Chris

Last edited by clebin on 14-Dec-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Report this post  
amigang 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 11:28:52
#159 ]
Elite Member

Most people should know my opinions on C= is, if your unsure watch my youtube on why I wont really be supporting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlDagZX1vWI

I am sorry C= if I have, or continue to be too hard on your company but I think its just because we have been so miss-lead and so missed around with previous companies and you come into the market just at the time when AmigaOS future looked bright and Aros was gathering pace and MorphOS slowly continuing to support more mac hardware and features, you come in and basically not said out right but tried to say, forget about all the community and past efforts to push the Amiga forward for the last 15 years, we are here now so forget about all the investment and time gone into them you might as well join us as its the only real future you've got. That what its sounds like to me anyway and that its just a little annoying.

However if they do get a good high quality product to market that does support the Amiga community as it is today (example: simple as making a cool looking amiga like case that will allow Sam440 to be inside of them, or supporting Aros or even just supporting emulation efforts of our favourite machine) then I might change my option of you.

My biggest problem is that you might hurt efforts for the AmigaOS and AmigaONE systems, maybe you dont intend to but its is going to confuse the average joe who has a passing interest in the Amiga, prefect example is, someone who left the Amiga scene say just as late as 2007 decides to come back and see what's going on in the Amiga community, he find out about a new Amiga (amigaone x1000) and its running AmigaOS 4.1 great he think, he must look into this more, then see Workbench 5 thinks, oh that must be the new version of the OS that's out, looks into that, thats my big problem not that your using Workbench name, but your calling it version 5 at the same time your saying in a previous thread you have nothing to do with OS4 so why would you put it anything about it on your site, then why call it Workbench 5, it should be called Workbench 4 (even more confusing I know) or Workbench 1 would be correct. I just hope Hyperion call there next version AmigaOS6 just to #### you off. (lol).

But any way like a few people have echoed already, I do think people need to calm down a bit more decide on your camp and just enjoy what you have, and thank you C= for creating your own forum community site, anyone who wants to support and discus C= efforts please use their forum, I think you should know by now this community site is more aimed at AmigaOS, MorpthOS and Aros efforts than C= at least at the moment.

vox 
Posted on 14-Dec-2010 11:49:08
#160 ]
Elite Member

@clebin

Simple fact: if you and Hyperion had listened to pro-x86 people in the beginning, this wouldn't be happening right now, would it

What a false statement!

"x86 users" wanted AmigaOS on x86 PC.

AmiKit does with OS 3.5/OS 3.9 if you have the original CD,
AROS if you wish recreative of native 3.1 + all improvements.

CUSA dropped completely their original statement and AROS (and should be diswowed by every Amiga brand user for this) and now

And they dont make AmigaOS x86 - which Wizard is right would cause more piracy.

If you want AmigaOS 4 there is a way to get it. If it expensive to you, just go pay original Microsoft Windows Ultimate or Pro and Pro version of MS Office and come back.
If hardware is expensive, remember the original Amiga prices. This is dictated simply by small volumes. If you really want PPC to go cheaper, get it more users. A single 1 000 persons order wold make things better.

Workbench is component of all Amiga OS`s,
what a dirty propaganda!

Yes, I agree, that real Amiga websites should be clean out of this anti Amiga name in the name of not even Commodore but some USA "great pretender" if you want Queen.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle