Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 139 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

kolla,  MEGA_RJ_MICAL

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 min ago
 kolla:  1 min ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  23 mins ago
 zipper:  24 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr ago
 RickSkid:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 bhabbott:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 Diane:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 VooDoo:  1 hr 24 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
T-J 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 28-Jul-2011 23:37:24
#561 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
No, it doesn't fly in my face, it flies in the face of the peer-review system.

No, it proves you wrong.

Because all the scientists we know about and can interact with are human (LIEder, Sitchin or Stargate notwithstanding), and because humans are by and large greedy, scientists will try to knock down each others' theories to get the kudos and the contracts and advance their careers.

This means that you are *wrong* when you claim that peer-review favours the status quo. It in fact stands as the best way to defeat a wrong status quo, while preserving the integrity of thus far unfalsified status quos.

Your philosophy would mean utter stagnation - your pseudo-religious belief in the people who tell good stories would send us straight back into the cage of superstition and faith.

Oh, and while I'm here; anything good from the creationists lately?

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 2:49:36
#562 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
In certain quarters these experiments will be seen as totally irrelevant. The results are based on statistical significance, and even if the results do eventually exceed the 5 sigma threshold (1.7 million to 1) probability is not science, and only applies to dice, because Lou says so.
Oh yes of course. Though that doesn't help the MikeBLouCRAP in any manner. As quarks all have some amount of statisical significance. Since they make up Protons and Protons have EM force then the existence of an EM force is also a statisical point. Interesting how the lack of mathematics somehow supports MikeBLouCRAP.

@LOU
Quote:
No, it doesn't fly in my face, it flies in the face of the peer-review system.
Lou first you tell us peer-review doesn't review it just accepts. Now you tell us peer-review doesn't review it just rejects. When you resolve your internal conflicts please get back to us.

Quote:
Let's say I'm reviewing something that was worked on for 10 years by a scientist and it works 50% of the time. I discredit it. I notice a flaw and then publish my own results that work 100% of the time. Who really did all the work?
It's never worked like this the example you have here is entirely a construct within your mind. Certainly scientific plagarism exists. Again these are people. It's been exposed on several occasion. Often a paradigm shift as you described is more frequently than not accredited to many individuals.

Though I'd like to note it's impossible to claim your pseudoscientists haven't done the same. For one recent example I'd site the illegal break in and theft of email information surrounding Climatologists on how pseudoscientists too work in illegal and immoral ways. And then more pseudoscientists followed up with death threats to climate scientists. Way to go!

An error in politic does not carry over into an error in proof. That is your logical failure here.

Lou 
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 3:59:58
#563 ]
Elite Member

You guys are weak sauce. "Peer reviewed" is your holy grail and it's epically flawed.

Nimrod 
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 7:38:34
#564 ]

@Lou

Quote:
"Peer reviewed" is your holy grail and it's epically flawed.
Of course its flawed, any system that places observational evidence and mathematics ahead of "in MikeB's opinion" or "because Lou says so" are a complete waste of time.
Why should people spend years of study, or spend billions on high tech experiments when they can listen to some drunk, pontificating down at the bar.

I can see your point that personalities and politics may sometimes get in the way of the truth and scientific advances. T-J was even kind enough to provide an example of how the cult of personality, and appeals to "common sense" over mathematical proof, slowed progress in the USSR. Sadly I see the same thing happening today in the USA with religious dogma being drummed into science students.
i will make the same challenge to you on the subject of peer review as I have given on your "It's all EM" CRAP.
Stop acting like a spoiled child and come up with something better.

Lou 
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 11:38:33
#565 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
"Peer reviewed" is your holy grail and it's epically flawed.
Of course its flawed, any system that places observational evidence and mathematics ahead of "in MikeB's opinion" or "because Lou says so" are a complete waste of time.
Why should people spend years of study, or spend billions on high tech experiments when they can listen to some drunk, pontificating down at the bar.

Then you write this:
Quote:
i will make the same challenge to you on the subject of peer review as I have given on your "It's all EM" CRAP.
Stop acting like a spoiled child and come up with something better.

And I'm the child?

Then you write this:
Quote:
I can see your point that personalities and politics may sometimes get in the way of the truth and scientific advances. T-J was even kind enough to provide an example of how the cult of personality, and appeals to "common sense" over mathematical proof, slowed progress in the USSR. Sadly I see the same thing happening today in the USA with religious dogma being drummed into science students.

and forget that you've discount much of what I've posted because it's not peer reviewed...

I provided you with a video that gives you real math that for the first time unify's relativity and quantum mechanics that if you saw the part 11 video was about to be published in a peer reviewed journal but as usually was cancelled at the last second and still say I've provided nothing...

When are you going to admit that you are being the child and will simply discount anything I post?

Darth_X 
Re: Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 18:18:42
#566 ]
Elite Member

Newly discovered Trojan asteroid shares Earth's orbit
Nibiru !!!

Nimrod 
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 18:39:19
#567 ]

@Lou

Quote:
When are you going to admit that you are being the child and will simply discount anything I post?
I am not the one who has stated his intent to ignore evidence posted on this thread. I refer to your response to Recedent
Quote:
I provided you with a video that gives you real math that for the first time unify's relativity and quantum mechanics that if you saw the part 11 video was about to be published in a peer reviewed journal but as usually was cancelled at the last second and still say I've provided nothing...
I know that you do not like to hear this, and I have told you this previously but I have watched the video that you posted. I always do, much to your disappointment. This was the mathematical equivalent of the magnetic illusion that you posted in post #512 Neither of these so called proofs was any more real than a stage magician sawing a woman in half, and much less entertaining.
The only other mathematical "evidence" that you have provided was one equation that had no relevance to the claim being made.
Quote:
I am not discounting your post made on 16/Apr/2011 when you stated
Quote:
What's rubbish is I never mentioned Erich von Daniken. He is a proven fraud and usually the basis of your rants. You only bring to the table what you can disprove easily.
or your later act of posting links to a video from Von Danikens production director as proof that scientists are always wrong. Do you often post "evidence" from a proven fraud? Why should I accept "evidence" from a proven fraud?

Lou 
Posted on 1-Aug-2011 4:32:31
#568 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Magnetic illusions? Now you are making up phrases for things you don't understand? Your entire way of trying to make me look bad is a joke. There is probably a disorder than can be attributed to you by examining your posting style.

It was clearly explained as magnetic cancellation. I guess that's something else that exists that you don't know about in your EE field...

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2009/0180305.html
http://solar.njit.edu/preprints/yurchyshyn2001b.pdf

Oh that's right, because you are an electrical engineer, you know EVERYTHING about electrical and magnet forces...I forgot. You're so smart. /sarcasm

Lou 
Re: Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Posted on 1-Aug-2011 4:34:43
#569 ]
Elite Member

@Darth_X

Quote:

Darth_X wrote:

Newly discovered Trojan asteroid shares Earth's orbit
Nibiru !!!

Well, atleast it's using protection...

Nimrod 
Posted on 2-Aug-2011 8:02:50
#570 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Your entire way of trying to make me look bad is a joke.
Steady on old boy, your persecution complex is beginning to show.

Quote:
There is probably a disorder than can be attributed to you by examining your posting style.
I'm sure I remember a reply by T-J to a similar claim, something to do with pots and kettles. And by the way, just because I have referred to T-J, it does not mean that I am T-J. This is not a production of Spartacus.

Quote:
Oh that's right, because you are an electrical engineer, you know EVERYTHING about electrical and magnet forces...I forgot
OK let's just get something straight. I am not the one who is claiming to be the persecuted genius who is being picked on by "the establishment", or the victim of some sort of worldwide conspiracy of silence. I have never claimed to "know it all", on the contrary, I have frequently pointed out that I am not a scientist, merely a competent engineer. In fact I have no need to know everything to see through these misleading posts, I just need to have an understanding of the basics.
Although your links on post #512, and post #560 claimed to be new discoveries that are baffling scientists, they were actually presentations of flim-flam and misdirection in exactly the same manner as a stage show illusionist "sawing a woman in half". The only difference is that the "magician" is entertaining.

Lou 
Posted on 2-Aug-2011 11:40:14
#571 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Your entire way of trying to make me look bad is a joke.
Steady on old boy, your persecution complex is beginning to show.

Quote:
There is probably a disorder than can be attributed to you by examining your posting style.
I'm sure I remember a reply by T-J to a similar claim, something to do with pots and kettles. And by the way, just because I have referred to T-J, it does not mean that I am T-J. This is not a production of Spartacus.

Quote:
Oh that's right, because you are an electrical engineer, you know EVERYTHING about electrical and magnet forces...I forgot
OK let's just get something straight. I am not the one who is claiming to be the persecuted genius who is being picked on by "the establishment", or the victim of some sort of worldwide conspiracy of silence. I have never claimed to "know it all", on the contrary, I have frequently pointed out that I am not a scientist, merely a competent engineer. In fact I have no need to know everything to see through these misleading posts, I just need to have an understanding of the basics.
Although your links on post #512, and post #560 claimed to be new discoveries that are baffling scientists, they were actually presentations of flim-flam and misdirection in exactly the same manner as a stage show illusionist "sawing a woman in half". The only difference is that the "magician" is entertaining.

Ed Leedskalnin discovered magnetic cancellation in the 1930's but it was not accepted by mainstream science. I told you that you only know what a book that the establishment has chosen to allow you to know. Now forward 70 years and a practical use of it is patented and now people realize what they are observing on the sun itself and rather than you opening your eyes to more possibilities, you continue to recite your rhetoric.

You are a shining example of why progress has slowed. Congrats. Sleep well.

Nimrod 
Posted on 2-Aug-2011 18:21:34
#572 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Ed Leedskalnin discovered magnetic cancellation in the 1930's but it was not accepted by mainstream science.
Like I said, misdirection and flim-flam.

Like many people lacking in education Edvards Liedskalniņš sought to denigrate the benefits of learning, and argued that because we do not currently know everything, we are not capable of knowing anything. His failure to grasp the basic concepts of electromagnetic fields and induction, that had been worked out a hundred years earlier, led him to propose ideas about unipole magnets and perpetual motion devices.

Quote:
Researchers have continued to be interested in this device because it defies natural laws of physics and is unexplainable by conventionally excepted electromagnetic theory. Modern science says it is impossible, but Edward Leedsklanin's theory says it is simple, natural, and that it's workings are misunderstood because there are some important aspects of modern science being taught in schools that are wrong.
The above quote taken from a site supporting Liedskalniņš perpetual motion holder demonstrates all of the classic fallacies needed for the paranoid conspiracy theory.
1) Researchers have no interest in this obsolete backwater, they are too busy doing research. A few cranks want to pretend that they are smarter than they really are.
2) Conventionally accepted electromagnetic theory is not contradicted by this illusion. Learn the basics, you don't get something for nothing.
3) Edvards Liedskalniņš, like Zecharia Sitchin, Mensur Omerbasich, Uwe Homann, and all of the other losers that you keep linking to was demonstrably wrong

Quote:
You are a shining example of why progress has slowed. Congrats. Sleep well.
I am not the one who lacks the willingness to address six simple points from post #489, or the manners to respond to a request for clarification nor am I the one who ignores evidence.

Last edited by Nimrod on 03-Aug-2011 at 10:42 AM.

BrianK 
Posted on 3-Aug-2011 3:10:39
#573 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:

Ed Leedskalnin discovered magnetic cancellation in the 1930's but it was not accepted by mainstream science.
In related news Buzz Aldrin punched a man in the face for claiming the moon landing was a hoax

BrianK 
Posted on 3-Aug-2011 3:27:46
#574 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Think of the children.

Lou 
Posted on 3-Aug-2011 14:48:09
#575 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/man-arrested-building-nuclear-reactor-kitchen-151239201.html

Next they'll probably make installing solar panels in your own home illegal.

Lou 
Posted on 3-Aug-2011 15:15:55
#576 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

nor am I the one who ignores evidence.

To paraphrase, just because you say they are wrong does not make them wrong.

Last edited by Lou on 03-Aug-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 3-Aug-2011 18:40:16
#577 ]

@Lou

Quote:
To paraphrase, just because you say they are wrong does not make them wrong.
Absolutely correct old boy, but conversely , just because you say they are right does not make them right. The difference is something called evidence.
Realize posted evidence that your two suns photos were BS, to which you replied "I ignore your evidence"

Zecharia Sitchins so called "translations" have been clearly shown to be rubbish, and a link that MikeB posted to show that the Sumerians knew about more than five "planets", and had a word for Pluto, directly contradicted Sitchins translation for spaceship.
Mensur Omerbashich PhD, Sovereign Duke of Bosnia, member of the "European Royal Society", and victim of a conspiracy by the USPTO, USPS, RCMP and various other alphabet soups is quite clearly delusional. I have been unable to source his PhD. His claims to be connected to Cornell University are not acknowledged.
Uwe Homann falsified research data in order to lend support to Walter Cruttendens wild idea proposed in his book, Lost Star of Myth and Time. Here is a brief expose of the evidence against him

In post #290 you whined that T-J had not responded to your "evidence" that was a video from somebody that you had previously described as a fraud and a faker, and yet you persist in ducking the six points that I keep reminding you of from post #489
Just to remind you what they were Quote:
1) what size magnetic field is required to lift 1kg of granite and suspend it against a local gravity acceleration of 9.8 m/s/s?
2) Why do the geomagnetic fields of planets with geomagnetic fields not align with the suns magnetic field?
3) Why to planets/moons with no magnetic fields still orbit?
4) How come the distant planet WASP17b is able to orbit against the direction of rotation of its suns magnetic field?
5) What EM equation can describe planetary orbits and motions more accurately than Newton, let alone Einstein?
6) If rotating magnetic fields cause tornadoes, why do electric motors need fans for cooling?
Still not got any answers? Or are you going to tell me that my armpits stink?

Lou 
Posted on 3-Aug-2011 22:34:33
#578 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Louism #1 clearly states: Lou is always right.

Your feet stink too.

Oh and fyi, T-J is the same person who thinks mega-ton stones were cut with string instead of the evidence of diamond cutting shown on them as well as having them moved up hill and placed so perfectly that you can't fit a sheet of paper between them by rolling them on little wooden logs...

You two can fly the same kite in my book.

Last edited by Lou on 03-Aug-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 03-Aug-2011 at 10:41 PM.

T-J 
Posted on 4-Aug-2011 1:25:22
#579 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:

Who died and got you elected Pope?

And just as a point of interest, you're misrepresenting the idea re. the pyramids that I think is most likely. Again.

Sisal rope, plus water. That's how the experimenters cut the blocks. Then they rolled them uphill, using nothing more than wood. You saw the video. There were hundreds of witnesses. It was in the paper. National Geographic did a special on the guy who did the block moving. *The method works*.

And anyway, if you're allowed to believe that superglue keeps protons together and so on, I think the rest of us should be allowed to go along with what a repeatable experiment shows.

Nimrod 
Posted on 4-Aug-2011 10:36:09
#580 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Clear and indisputable evidence of a closed mind. Just keep on ignoring the evidence, like you always do.

Quote:
Your feet stink too.
I knew that you would not let me down.
Quote:
You two can fly the same kite in my book.
You are so predictable. In fact you are so much like Nancy LIEder it's uncanny.

Quote:
Oh and fyi, T-J is the same person who thinks mega-ton stones were cut with string instead of the evidence of diamond cutting
You have only made two mistakes in this statement.
1) There is no evidence of anybody using one million ton blocks while building pyramids, walls, cities, etc.
2) Despite the erroneous statement by conspiracy theorists, you do not need diamond chisels or lasers to cut diorite. There are many different possibilities.

I find it amusing that your video proclaims that scientists do not know how to cut and work diorite. They don't need to, that is what stonemasons are for, and when they built St Pauls cathedral in 1677, the stonemasons did not use diamonds to cut the steps.

Last edited by Nimrod on 04-Aug-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle