Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
5729 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
Home
Features
News
Forums
Classifieds
Links
Downloads
Extras
OS4 Zone
IRC Network
AmigaWorld Radio
Newsfeed
Top Members
Amiga Dealers
Information
About Us
FAQs
Advertise
Polls
Terms of Service
Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 10 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.



You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Tomcat:  15 mins ago
 SOFISTISOFTWARE:  17 mins ago
 BSzili:  29 mins ago
 Argo:  36 mins ago
 freak:  37 mins ago
 kolla:  42 mins ago
 Krethx:  1 hr 1 min ago
 thellier:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 Andre4s:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 hr 44 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 4-Aug-2011 12:34:03
#581 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 2-Nov-2004
Posts: 4025
From: Rhode Island

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Louism #1 clearly states: Lou is always right.


Who died and got you elected Pope?

You did today because it's Thursday...and there's a new vote every Thursday and I'm always elected pope. That's just how it goes because of Louism #1.

Quote:
And just as a point of interest, you're misrepresenting the idea re. the pyramids that I think is most likely. Again.

Sisal rope, plus water. That's how the experimenters cut the blocks. Then they rolled them uphill, using nothing more than wood. You saw the video. There were hundreds of witnesses. It was in the paper. National Geographic did a special on the guy who did the block moving. *The method works*.

And anyway, if you're allowed to believe that superglue keeps protons together and so on, I think the rest of us should be allowed to go along with what a repeatable experiment shows.

So how were multi-ton stones placed on top of each other gently without getting their magically strong ropes stuck underneath the stones?

Oh that's right, you don't know.

Last edited by Lou on 04-Aug-2011 at 12:37 PM.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 4-Aug-2011 12:35:37
#582 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 2-Nov-2004
Posts: 4025
From: Rhode Island

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Louism #1 clearly states: Lou is always right.
Clear and indisputable evidence of a closed mind. Just keep on ignoring the evidence, like you always do.

Quote:
Your feet stink too.
I knew that you would not let me down.
Quote:
You two can fly the same kite in my book.
You are so predictable. In fact you are so much like Nancy LIEder it's uncanny.

Quote:
Oh and fyi, T-J is the same person who thinks mega-ton stones were cut with string instead of the evidence of diamond cutting
You have only made two mistakes in this statement.
1) There is no evidence of anybody using one million ton blocks while building pyramids, walls, cities, etc.
2) Despite the erroneous statement by conspiracy theorists, you do not need diamond chisels or lasers to cut diorite. There are many different possibilities.

I find it amusing that your video proclaims that scientists do not know how to cut and work diorite. They don't need to, that is what stonemasons are for, and when they built St Pauls cathedral in 1677, the stonemasons did not use diamonds to cut the steps.

This is a ground-breaking post from you...you didn't link an older post in vain!

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
T-J 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 4-Aug-2011 13:32:21
#583 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 1-Sep-2010
Posts: 596
From: Unknown

@Lou

Quote:
You did today because it's Thursday...and there's a new vote every Thursday and I'm always elected pope. That's just how it goes because of Louism #1.


Whatever. Nice to see You're finally coming to accept some of the tenets of Last Thursday though. Unfortunately, that does not bode well for Your fate after the coming apocalypse Next Thursday.



Quote:
So how were multi-ton stones placed on top of each other gently without getting their magically strong ropes stuck underneath the stones? Oh that's right, you don't know.


Lou, the video showed how. And like the Creationist who tells us he never sees monkeys at his family reunion, you're persisting in your willful ignorance - the sisal isn't magically strong, its got a known strength which we have proven through experiment is enough to cut limestone if used correctly. And its not used to place the stones, that's what the wood is for. The video showed how the experiments got the wood out from under the blocks, so no problems there.


Anyway, it doesn't matter. Your favourite little 'Louism' means you're not going to debate honestly or with any intent to learn anything. Your mind is utterly closed to anything not confirming your space alien delusion so why don't you run along and go fly your kite with your best buddy Von Daniken?

Last edited by T-J on 04-Aug-2011 at 01:33 PM.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Nimrod 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 4-Aug-2011 13:52:28
#584 ]
Super Member
Joined: 30-Jan-2010
Posts: 1210
From: Untied Kingdom

@Lou

Quote:
This is a ground-breaking post from you...you didn't link an older post in vain!
No Nancy, I didn't bother. Because I know that you lack both the intellect and the honesty to respond in a civilised manner. You will continue to dredge up any Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposal that you can find, even if it directly contradicts all of your other Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposals, just because you think that it makes you look clever, while steadfastly ignoring anything that does not blindly conform to your delusional view of the world.

Your question to T-J
Quote:
So how were multi-ton stones placed on top of each other gently without getting their magically strong ropes stuck underneath the stones?
In exactly the same way that the builders of Beaumaris did, without the help of space aliens.

_________________
When in trouble, fear or doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 4-Aug-2011 16:18:28
#585 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 2-Nov-2004
Posts: 4025
From: Rhode Island

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
You did today because it's Thursday...and there's a new vote every Thursday and I'm always elected pope. That's just how it goes because of Louism #1.


Whatever. Nice to see You're finally coming to accept some of the tenets of Last Thursday though. Unfortunately, that does not bode well for Your fate after the coming apocalypse Next Thursday.



Quote:
So how were multi-ton stones placed on top of each other gently without getting their magically strong ropes stuck underneath the stones? Oh that's right, you don't know.


Lou, the video showed how. And like the Creationist who tells us he never sees monkeys at his family reunion, you're persisting in your willful ignorance - the sisal isn't magically strong, its got a known strength which we have proven through experiment is enough to cut limestone if used correctly. And its not used to place the stones, that's what the wood is for. The video showed how the experiments got the wood out from under the blocks, so no problems there.


Anyway, it doesn't matter. Your favourite little 'Louism' means you're not going to debate honestly or with any intent to learn anything. Your mind is utterly closed to anything not confirming your space alien delusion so why don't you run along and go fly your kite with your best buddy Von Daniken?

I'll fly a kite when you show me a 10 ton stone being layed upon another set of similar stones in perfect alignment without disturbing the stones underneath.

Until then your theory is crap.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 4-Aug-2011 16:44:25
#586 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 2-Nov-2004
Posts: 4025
From: Rhode Island

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
This is a ground-breaking post from you...you didn't link an older post in vain!
No Nancy, I didn't bother. Because I know that you lack both the intellect and the honesty to respond in a civilised manner. You will continue to dredge up any Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposal that you can find, even if it directly contradicts all of your other Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposals, just because you think that it makes you look clever, while steadfastly ignoring anything that does not blindly conform to your delusional view of the world.

The "I'm smarter than you"-attitude you displayed in the middle of the last thread made me drop any made me not give a crap. The rest has just been amusing so see how hard you keep trying to be right.

Basically, I do a 5 second google search, scan for something that looks closely related, then watch you analyze it for way too much time and come back with an analasis.

You are a trip.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
T-J 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 4-Aug-2011 19:47:46
#587 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 1-Sep-2010
Posts: 596
From: Unknown

@Lou

Quote:
Until then your theory is crap.


Is this the same Lou who's just complained about the attitude on this thread?

Can't be. No, how could such double standards exist?

Quote:
I'll fly a kite when you show me a 10 ton stone being layed upon another set of similar stones in perfect alignment without disturbing the stones underneath.


Funny how they've gone from being 10^6 ton stones to merely 10 tons. At this rate, It'll be gravel before the weekend. Regardless, you'd better arrange a time and place with old Erich, because the experimenters stacked rocks of the same weight as those used for the pyramids, to the same level of quality, with nothing but sisal, water and wood. Therefore, the pyramids could have been built using that method.

I really don't understand why someone who believes in Sitchin and LIEder has such trouble with this only slightly remarkable idea.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Nimrod 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 5-Aug-2011 9:16:33
#588 ]
Super Member
Joined: 30-Jan-2010
Posts: 1210
From: Untied Kingdom

@Lou

Quote:
The "I'm smarter than you"-attitude you displayed in the middle of the last thread
Well I wouldn't know about that, I suppose it depends on how smart you think you are.

Quote:
Basically, I do a 5 second google search, scan for something that looks closely related, then watch you analyze it for way too much time and come back with an analasis.
Thanks for the confirmation, but how little time should I take for analysis

_________________
When in trouble, fear or doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 5-Aug-2011 12:40:07
#589 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 30-Sep-2003
Posts: 8111
From: Minneapolis, MN, USA

@Lou

Quote:
So how were multi-ton stones placed on top of each other gently without getting their magically strong ropes stuck underneath the stones?
It was was the use of bugs who like to eat ropes. They spit out their saliva and the rope melts. They suck up the residue leaving nothing behind. And of course if any saliva was left a few centuries of decay washed it away. ... BTW there's more evidence for this than there is for aliens.

But seriously let's go back to those simple demands of science. EVIDENCE. What evidence do you have to show us magic ropes exist let alone one's that got stuck underneath stones. We've evidence that stones of several tons can be moved in various ways and without the use of ropes. So why is ropes for moving the only answer. Your EVIDENCE that this is what happen can be posted here for review.

Last edited by BrianK on 05-Aug-2011 at 12:47 PM.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 5-Aug-2011 14:31:38
#590 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 2-Nov-2004
Posts: 4025
From: Rhode Island

@T-J

That's just it, you can't even show 10 so why even consider the megalithic ones...
Your "string" theory has so many holes in it that it's not even funny yet some internet monkeys will believe you.

Let's start with the basics:

1) manpower
2) time
3) tooling
4) reason

Let's leave an advanced alien civilization out of the picture for now...
Assuming the pyramids where made in 4000 BC, the organized manpower didn't exist. Slavery didn't exist because there was no "advanced" people to enforce it. There were no guns, whips won't cut the mustard. If you had soldiers outnumbering 'slaves' why even bother using slaves?

About your string theory, have you even estimated how long it would take and how much string they'd go thru? Ofcourse this goes back to manpower, but just the time investment required to support your 'string' theory is crap.

Then there's the tooling issue. The only metals they were melting back then were the soft ones like gold and bronze. There is no way they could build something to perfectly stack these multi/mega-ton stones.

There are plenty of engineers who will tell you that even today the pyramids would present an extremely difficult engineering challenge...

As for why they were built...what's your theory there? They weren't tombs. There are no kings buried in them, so they weren't vanity projects. Your string theory fails to cover that.

You have lost all credibility.

Since I have never seen men "move mountains" so to speak (referring to megaton stones) but have personally seen ufos, my belief will always carry more weight than any CRAP 'string' theory you have.

So now if you say it had to be done by slaves, then you have to have had an advanced civilization to enforce the slavery. By advance, I mean guns vs. spears minimal level of advancement like there was when slavery did exist on a global scale. Now factor in the machinery required to cut and place these stones almost 500 feet (Great pyramid is 480 feet in height) and you see that if a civilization existed that was that advanced then they wouldn't have simply died out or gotten overthrown by primitives. And that's why logic dictates that this advanced civilization visited, then left.

I will reply once more to Nimrod then I am abandoning this thread because the lot of you are a bunch of arm-chair rocket-scientists and general know-it-all internet warriors who have to win on the internet. /fail

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 5-Aug-2011 14:32:03
#591 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 2-Nov-2004
Posts: 4025
From: Rhode Island

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
The "I'm smarter than you"-attitude you displayed in the middle of the last thread
Well I wouldn't know about that, I suppose it depends on how smart you think you are.

Quote:
Basically, I do a 5 second google search, scan for something that looks closely related, then watch you analyze it for way too much time and come back with an analasis.
Thanks for the confirmation, but how little time should I take for analysis

I actually want to thank you for playing this game.
It lead me to finding alienscientist and seattle4truth on youtube.

You can continue to be the old dog that never learns new tricks.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 5-Aug-2011 14:39:04
#592 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 2-Nov-2004
Posts: 4025
From: Rhode Island

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
So how were multi-ton stones placed on top of each other gently without getting their magically strong ropes stuck underneath the stones?
It was was the use of bugs who like to eat ropes. They spit out their saliva and the rope melts. They suck up the residue leaving nothing behind. And of course if any saliva was left a few centuries of decay washed it away. ... BTW there's more evidence for this than there is for aliens.

But seriously let's go back to those simple demands of science. EVIDENCE. What evidence do you have to show us magic ropes exist let alone one's that got stuck underneath stones. We've evidence that stones of several tons can be moved in various ways and without the use of ropes. So why is ropes for moving the only answer. Your EVIDENCE that this is what happen can be posted here for review.

Here's one parradox I've learned in this adventure...
In science, someone has a theory and it is upheld until actual evidence can disprove it. It's actually the opposite of what you are asking.
Nothing has ever removed the possibility of an alien race seeding and shaping civilization on this planet. The fact that all early civilizations state quite directly in all their ancient texts that this is what happened should tell you something. The fact that ufos have been seen throughout history should tell you something. Instead you continue to believe what you will.

I am not so arrogant as to believe man is the pinacle of evolution.
Au revoir.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 6-Aug-2011 14:27:21
#593 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 30-Sep-2003
Posts: 8111
From: Minneapolis, MN, USA

@Lou

Quote:
Here's one parradox I've learned in this adventure...
In science, someone has a theory and it is upheld until actual evidence can disprove it. It's actually the opposite of what you are asking.
Nothing has ever removed the possibility of an alien race seeding and shaping civilization on this planet. The fact that all early civilizations state quite directly in all their ancient texts that this is what happened should tell you something
Not quite how it works. You don't get to say this is the CRAP and I win until you disprove. You must indeed demonstrate the preponderance of evidence supports your CRAP.

The evidence is that people w/o the help of external forces can cut and move multi-ton stones and place them. It's been demonstrated to work. And archelogy has uncovered tools and quary sites which have been tested and demonstrated those tools could make the marks and would be a possibility.

Now you want to invoke an external force, aliens. On fairly weak evidence, at best.

What I agree is that what we have doesn't demonstrate aliens to be false. What it does demonstrate is aliens are an unnecessary condition to build a brick wall. The idea has a much greater amount of unproven assumptions surrounding it that the odds are strikingly against it.

I know you hate statistics but unless you build a time machine you're guess has a statistical probability. As does the DIY model. The question becomes on which is the greater likelihood. It's not aliens, or flying dragons from another planet, or ghosts or any other mystically claimed origins.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
T-J 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 7-Aug-2011 2:00:15
#594 ]
Cult Member
Joined: 1-Sep-2010
Posts: 596
From: Unknown

@Lou
Quote:
That's just it, you can't even show 10 so why even consider the megalithic ones... Your "string" theory has so many holes in it that it's not even funny yet some internet monkeys will believe you.


'And black besides', said the raven of the crow.

Quote:
Let's leave an advanced alien civilization out of the picture for now...


Yes, lets.

Quote:
Assuming the pyramids where made in 4000 BC, the organized manpower didn't exist. Slavery didn't exist because there was no "advanced" people to enforce it. There were no guns, whips won't cut the mustard. If you had soldiers outnumbering 'slaves' why even bother using slaves?


Wrong.

The organised manpower did exist. The period of greatest pyramid construction co-incides with the strongest centralised authoritarian rule of the pharaohs. Co-incidence? I think not.

Slavery in Ancient Egypt now. The practise of slavery in Ancient Egypt is well-documented, and I don't mean in the Bible. There is a lot of confusion, though, between actual chattel slavery and levied peasant labour. Your time problem is solved when you realise that the Ancient Egyptians were more than adequately provided for food-wise by their annual harvests thanks to the Nile. Outside of harvesting and planting season, there's not all that much work to do, and the food supply can produce such a surplus that you end up with far more people than you need to work the land.

All that time and nothing to do. Well, the Pharaoh has just levied everyone to build him a Pyramid, and he's the bloke with the swords. And besides, the priests say he's actually one of the Gods, so it only makes sense to do what he says. Reap our rewards in the next life for service in this, and all that.

Even if we think in terms of chattel slavery, though, you don't need guns to hold slaves. Look to feudal Europe - did the lords have guns to keep the serfs in line? No. Did the soldiers outnumber the serfs? No. They were just better fed and organised.

And regardless of all that, did I at any point suggest that slaves were a necessary part of the theory anyway? No I didn't. Actually, the evidence from excavations around the necropolises show facilities to provide for around ten thousand paid workers, with written records of their pay existing in stone tablet form.

Now, some architectural points:

Its not as if the pyramids stand in isolation, just suddenly thrown up by 'primitives' (which the Ancient Egyptians certainly were not) with no precursors. If they had been, your nutty aliens theory might hold some shred of credibility. Unfortunately for your theory, prior to the unification of the Kingdoms of Egypt the monarchs were buried in structures known as 'mastabas. Look at the shape and engage your vaunted common sense - its clearly the bottom two levels of a typical step pyramid, such as those built in the Early Dynastic period. The idea of stacking these came about in the reign of Pharaoh Djoser; his architect whose name you may recall from a completely historically inaccurate film a few years back, found it relatively simple to stack the design. Building a pyramid is in fact relatively easy, once you've figured out how to build a Mastaba.

The big challenge is in getting the outer cladding stones up on top of the original Mastaba - a task that we have demonstrated was well within the capabilities of the Early Dynastic Egyptians.

The lineage from earlier structures is really quite clear when you put them on a timeline. Djoser's original step-pyramid is a modest 62 metres high and consists of six Mastaba 'layers' stacked on top of each other. Your problem probably comes because you look at the Great Pyramid in isolation and think 'how could anyone just sit down one day and invent that?'.

Same way we do things nowadays - by progressively building on the work of predecessors.

Quote:
About your string theory, have you even estimated how long it would take and how much string they'd go thru? Ofcourse this goes back to manpower, but just the time investment required to support your 'string' theory is crap.


Yes. It would take about a decade to cut enough stone for a serious pyramid. So, that's ten years to cut the outer cladding, plus about twenty to put it up using the methods we have demonstrated to be within the capabilities of the Ancient Egyptians.

Of course, you can be building using the early cladding stones while you're still cutting the later ones, so really the time limit is in how fast you can stack them, not how fast you can cut them.

And the sisal rope (I do notice the condescending use of the term 'string' again) has been shown to survive use to cut limestone very well, thank you. Unless you're stupid enough to try it without water lubrication. But then, water was something the Ancient Egyptians didn't really lack for. Its called the Nile. You should know all about that, you've been neck-deep in it since the early parts of the original thread.

Quote:
There are plenty of engineers who will tell you that even today the pyramids would present an extremely difficult engineering challenge...


Name three.

As an aside, the Great Pyramid was the tallest building in the world until Lincoln Cathedral superseded it in the early 1300s. Are we to believe that Lincoln Cathedral is also the work of alien superbeings from an invisible planet?

Quote:
As for why they were built...what's your theory there? They weren't tombs. There are no kings buried in them, so they weren't vanity projects. Your string theory fails to cover that.


What is this, I don't even...

There were kings buried in them. The Mastabas... actually that's their Arabic name, they were called 'pr-djet' by the Ancient Egyptians, which translates as... 'house for eternity'. Hmm. Eternity as in the afterlife, perhaps? That's certainly what common sense would suggest, no?

Anyway, whatever you want to call them, they were the first large monumental tombs, used by pre- and very early-dynastic monarchs. This is not in doubt. Many are even largely intact. Then they were superseded by the bigger status symbol, the pyramid tomb.

The vast majority of them were used as tombs. They contain chambers with preserved dead kings in them, for crying out loud. Those that were not include those whose Pharaoh died in disgrace, most of which were abandoned half-finished, and those that collapsed during their Pharaoh's reign.

Quote:
You have lost all credibility.


Let's hold a vote on that, shall we?

Quote:
Since I have never seen men "move mountains" so to speak (referring to megaton stones) but have personally seen ufos, my belief will always carry more weight than any CRAP 'string' theory you have.


Ah, they're back up to megatons again. Well, we're OK, I know of no megalithic monument that weighs a million tons, so I'm still safe.

And as for your sightings? You know, I once met a man who claimed that his hand was so big it could touch anything in the universe. Except, he noted, for itself.

I regard your 'sighting' as equally credible.

Quote:
So now if you say it had to be done by slaves, then you have to have had an advanced civilization to enforce the slavery. By advance, I mean guns vs. spears minimal level of advancement like there was when slavery did exist on a global scale. Now factor in the machinery required to cut and place these stones almost 500 feet (Great pyramid is 480 feet in height) and you see that if a civilization existed that was that advanced then they wouldn't have simply died out or gotten overthrown by primitives. And that's why logic dictates that this advanced civilization visited, then left.


No I didn't. No we don't. Slavery has been enforced by non-advanced civilisations many times through recorded history. I know quite a bit about its history in early England. Or is the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle now also to be regarded as part of the Illuminati conspiracy?

Slavery never existed on a global scale. You have no evidence it did. Don't quote your usual junk sources or I'll submit the research of Lucas et al 1977 as evidence for a galactic empire of evil.

The Great Pyramid's height is irrelevant if it can be shown to be an evolution on earlier, smaller structures. It can be shown to be the case that it was based on smaller structures, in turn based on simple mud-brick structures of no great complexity. No missing link as it were.

And what logic? You've got no logic there. You've just stated that because the Great Pyramid is 500 feet high, therefore aliens. Anyone see the issue there? Anyway, 500 feet? Sounds impressive. What's that in real money, anyway? Only 150m high. Hmm. That's not so grand. Its only 3x as high as Djoser's Pyramid, which in turn is only 3x higher than a regular mastaba.

Do you know how many mediaeval European cathedrals have spires of around 150m height? Mediaeval, remember, we're not talking about renaissance or industrial revolution technology here. And you know, none of those ever got built by aliens. In fact, they were built using little more than wood and rope too. My what a revelation.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Nimrod 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 7-Aug-2011 8:57:39
#595 ]
Super Member
Joined: 30-Jan-2010
Posts: 1210
From: Untied Kingdom

Quote:
I am not so arrogant as to believe man is the pinacle of evolution.
Au revoir.
Unlike some, I place my trust in human ingenuity.
On the plus side, it means that we have no need to share the credit for our ongoing sucesses.
It does however mean that we cannot offload the blame for our occasional foulups on to a supernatural, or extraterrestrial, scapegoat.

@BrianK @T-J
From the "Au Revoir" I assume that Lou intends to follow the example of the ET when confronted by an accountant with a clipboard.

_________________
When in trouble, fear or doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 9-Aug-2011 12:20:45
#596 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 30-Sep-2003
Posts: 8111
From: Minneapolis, MN, USA

@Nimrod

Quote:
BrianK @T-J
From the "Au Revoir" I assume that Lou intends to follow the example of the ET when confronted by an accountant with a clipboard.
I think the last time ET was confronted by an accountant someone made a killing on Reeses Pieces.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 12-Aug-2011 12:19:37
#597 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 30-Sep-2003
Posts: 8111
From: Minneapolis, MN, USA

Dark Matter isn't needed One recent experiment showed that in a quantum vacuum two particles created a mass larger than expected. It appears large enough to account for most of the effects that the postulate of Dark Matter would carry.

Of course more research is needed. But, an interesting recent outcome. And backs something I've been saying. Dark Matter isn't necessary. Something is but until it's observed and confirmed we really don't know the answer yet.

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
MikeB 
US shakes and awakes?
Posted on 23-Aug-2011 21:28:23
#598 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 3-Mar-2003
Posts: 6487
From: Europe



http://m.gizmodo.com/5833640/earthquakes-shake-entire-united-states

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
MikeB 
Re: US shakes and awakes?
Posted on 27-Aug-2011 12:30:28
#599 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 3-Mar-2003
Posts: 6487
From: Europe

Be prepared, the first big one for this year is here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14690942

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Re: US shakes and awakes?
Posted on 30-Aug-2011 3:10:27
#600 ]
Elite Member
Joined: 30-Sep-2003
Posts: 8111
From: Minneapolis, MN, USA

@MikeB

~1K earthquakes per year :

 Status: Offline
Profile     Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle