Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 139 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

zipper

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  2 mins ago
 kolla:  9 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  22 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 Frank:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 MickJT:  3 hrs 2 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  OWB Security Certificates
Register To Post

PosterThread
sicky 
OWB Security Certificates
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 15:40:04
#1 ]
Elite Member

I have just tried to log into my bank account (Barclays) and got the following error message

Quote:
Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

I was able to log into it a few weeks ago so assume they have updated their security checks within the website. Nothing has changed with OWB so must assume this to be the case.

Is there any newer security certificates available for OWB?

Last edited by sicky on 29-Jul-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
sundown 
Re: OWB Security Certificates
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 19:29:31
#2 ]
Elite Member

@sicky

Seeing as how OWB (current os4 version) isn't being developed any more, I think you're out of luck. Mui-owb is suppost to come out after update 3 is released, maybe it will work.

MickJT 
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 19:38:01
#3 ]
Cult Member

There is a tooltype you can use to ignore security certificates. I can't remember it though!

Edit: Actually I think it's an ENV variable.

Found it.

setenv WEBKIT_IGNORE_SSL_ERRORS 1

Create a file called WEBKIT_IGNORE_SSL_ERRORS in ENV and ENVARC: and inside of it, add "1" on a single line without the quotes.

There's also:

CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST

Which I believe you'd set to 0.

The proper fix is to update curl-ca-bundle.crt in the Resources directory.

Last edited by MickJT on 29-Jul-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Last edited by MickJT on 29-Jul-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Last edited by MickJT on 29-Jul-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Last edited by MickJT on 29-Jul-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Fab 
Posted on 29-Jul-2011 21:06:02
#4 ]

Instead of disabling verification, you can try using the curl-ca-bundle.crt from the latest OWB MorphOS version. I generated it about a week ago.

sicky 
Posted on 6-Aug-2011 18:12:11
#5 ]
Elite Member

@MickJT

Quote:

Do I just do that in a shell? Me being stupid, forgot so much Amiga stuff!

Quote:
Create a file called WEBKIT_IGNORE_SSL_ERRORS in ENV and ENVARC: and inside of it, add "1" on a single line without the quotes.

Can I do that using NotePad or something, if so where do I save it to OS4.1:/Prefs/Env-Archive?

Quote:
There's also:

CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST

Where do I dind them, and where do they go, OWB/Resources/?

Quote:
The proper fix is to update curl-ca-bundle.crt in the Resources directory.

I downloaded that file and copied it to location of original but get the same error messages

hotrod 
Posted on 6-Aug-2011 19:19:00
#6 ]
Elite Member

@sicky

Yes you type that in a shell.

You should find answers here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaDOS

However yes you can use Notepad or Ed to create those files or use the setenv command, either way works.

nbache 
Posted on 6-Aug-2011 22:13:44
#7 ]

@sicky

Quote:
sicky wrote:
@MickJT

Quote:

Do I just do that in a shell? Me being stupid, forgot so much Amiga stuff!

Quote:

Can I do that using NotePad or something, if so where do I save it to OS4.1:/Prefs/Env-Archive?

Don't bother messing about with creating files. All you need to do is the above command in a Shell:

- or, if you want it to be permanent:

setenv WEBKIT_IGNORE_SSL_ERRORS SAVE 1

Best regards,

Niels

sicky 
Posted on 20-Aug-2011 18:13:56
#8 ]
Elite Member

@All

Getting worse now, can't log into my Gmail account now either, and there was me thinking I can almost go Total Amiga (excuse the pun) now! Looks like these websites have changed something and say we cannot securely log in any more

sundown 
Posted on 20-Aug-2011 21:46:16
#9 ]
Elite Member

@sicky

The latest (Aug. 6th) certificate file is here http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem

Copy the whole page, I used IBrowse menu Webpage/save source as/Plain text & saved it to RAM:.

Rename it as curl-ca-bundle.crt & copy it to Resources, it replaces the current .crt file.

Second, paste the following in NotePad, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0 rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0, & save it as OWB_USER_AGENT. Save this to ENV: & SYS:Prefs/env-archive.

See if that helps, gmail works for me.

Last edited by sundown on 20-Aug-2011 at 09:46 PM.

ChrisH 
Posted on 21-Aug-2011 9:29:49
#10 ]
Elite Member

@sicky
Something must be wrong with your machine, because I can log into GMail just fine (tested right now - although I usually use SimpleMail because it's faster). However, I am using a recent security certificate, so perhaps that is your problem.

Quote:
The latest (Aug. 6th) certificate file is here http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem

Copy the whole page, I used IBrowse menu Webpage/save source as/Plain text & saved it to RAM:.

Rename it as curl-ca-bundle.crt & copy it to Resources, it replaces the current .crt file.

Alternatively, in OWB just right-click that link, click on "Download Linked File", then in the file requester than appears click on the Resources folder & then the curl-ca-bundle.crt file, then click OK (you may then need to confirm you want to replace the file).

Or if you have not enabled right-clicking in OWB, then instead: Left click on the link, wait it has loaded the page, then use the "Project/Save As..." menu item, then in the file requester than appears click on the Resources folder & then the curl-ca-bundle.crt file, then click OK (you may then need to confirm you want to replace the file).

Rigo or someone should really add this to AmiUpdate, so it happens automatically. Or even just add the most recent version to OWB, as it comes with an *incredibly* outdated file.

Last edited by ChrisH on 21-Aug-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 21-Aug-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 21-Aug-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 21-Aug-2011 at 09:33 AM.

sicky 
Posted on 21-Aug-2011 10:52:16
#11 ]
Elite Member

@ChrisH

Strange things happening her, tried to log into Gmail and got usual 'security certificete blah blah bla' message, but when I clicked back button in OWB the site loaded and I can read my e-mails...... how weird is that!

sicky 
Posted on 21-Aug-2011 11:23:33
#12 ]
Elite Member

@sundown

Quote:

Second, paste the following in NotePad, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0 rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0, & save it as OWB_USER_AGENT. Save this to ENV: & SYS:Prefs/env-archive.

See if that helps, gmail works for me.

I did all that and am now able to log into Gmail account with OWB but still unable to log into www.ibank.barclays.co.uk

kilaueabart 
Posted on 27-Aug-2011 2:36:46
#13 ]
Cult Member

@sicky

I was referred to this thread after I started an almost identical one on www.amigans.net. Only the name of the bank is really different (and I use YAM instead of Gmail). I was told the solution was here, but my result is the same as yours.

There was one thing I didn't do because I don't understand it, namely "Second, paste the following in NotePad, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0 rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0, & save it as OWB_USER_AGENT. Save this to ENV: & SYS:Prefs/env-archive." I assume you understood and did it to no avail, so I'll stop worrying about it.

Spectre660 
Posted on 27-Aug-2011 3:13:21
#14 ]
Elite Member

@kilaueabart

I downloaded the version pointed to on Amigans.net today using Mozilla on a PC and copied the file to my Sam using samba. I was able to log in to my acount with a major US Bank after with OWB .
It is possible downloading the file with OWB may mess something up.

Edit:

The Github.com site does not work so not fixed .

Quote:

kilaueabart wrote:
@sicky

I was referred to this thread after I started an almost identical one on www.amigans.net. Only the name of the bank is really different (and I use YAM instead of Gmail). I was told the solution was here, but my result is the same as yours.

There was one thing I didn't do because I don't understand it, namely "Second, paste the following in NotePad, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0 rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0, & save it as OWB_USER_AGENT. Save this to ENV: & SYS:Prefs/env-archive." I assume you understood and did it to no avail, so I'll stop worrying about it.

Last edited by Spectre660 on 27-Aug-2011 at 03:36 AM.

sicky 
Posted on 27-Aug-2011 9:15:25
#15 ]
Elite Member

@kilaueabart

Quote:
I was referred to this thread after I started an almost identical one on www.amigans.net. Only the name of the bank is really different (and I use YAM instead of Gmail). I was told the solution was here, but my result is the same as yours. There was one thing I didn't do because I don't understand it, namely "Second, paste the following in NotePad, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0 rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0, & save it as OWB_USER_AGENT. Save this to ENV: & SYS:Prefs/env-archive." I assume you understood and did it to no avail, so I'll stop worrying about it.

I did the second item and it made no difference whatsoever. You basically put all that text into notepad and save it as OWB_USER_AGENT where it says, I did all that!

I have tried IBrowse, OWB, Timberwolf and NetSurf all with same result, so it looks like the banks etc have changed their requirements with regarding security.

sicky 
Posted on 27-Aug-2011 14:12:30
#16 ]
Elite Member

@All

Just grabbed this file at http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem and now it all works again, thanks to ChrisH for pointing it to me

Xenic 
Posted on 29-Aug-2011 15:26:57
#17 ]

@Fab
Quote:
nstead of disabling verification, you can try using the curl-ca-bundle.crt from the latest OWB MorphOS version. I generated it about a week ago.

I D/L the latest MOS OWB (1.14) on your site and the extraction date at the top of the file is April 13, 2011 while the CURL cert file has an extraction date of Aug 6, 2011 at the top of the file. Diffing the 2 files shows differences in some of the certificates. I don't know if one of the files is corrupt or if you didn't actually generate the latest file.

Fab 
Posted on 29-Aug-2011 16:01:16
#18 ]

@Xenic

First, it was generated in July or so (whatever the header says), and secondly, the official generated bundle from CURL lacks 4 certificates classes that are quite commonly used, so i added them as well.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle