Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 166 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  22 mins ago
 pixie:  23 mins ago
 BigD:  50 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 6 mins ago
 Swisso:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 amigang:  3 hrs 17 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  Current NatAmi status
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
coriolis 
Current NatAmi status
Posted on 11-May-2013 15:34:58
#1 ]

Does anybody know what happens with NatAmi today? It will be cool (dreams...) to have a hardware like Sam460/X1000 with NatAmi chipset onboard,

Profile     Report this post  
pavlor 
Re: Current NatAmi status
Posted on 11-May-2013 15:51:44
#2 ]
Elite Member

@coriolis

Dead.

FPGA Replay is probably most advanced substitute.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 11-May-2013 16:57:35
#3 ]
Elite Member

@coriolis

NatAmi was full computer, maybe your thinking about CloneA.

Rob 
Posted on 11-May-2013 16:58:57
#4 ]
Elite Member

@pavlor

Is it dead or did Thomas simply revert to privately working on it at his own pace without Gunnar making grand promises.

tlosm 
Posted on 11-May-2013 17:12:51
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

i can say there is another project the name is tina

http://www.tinaproject.it/

but some time is better belive in the hardware real and not to some waporware/ psycoware project ... natami or ultimate ppc ...

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

coriolis 
Posted on 11-May-2013 17:33:20
#6 ]

@tlosm

They write that Tina will be A500-clone. It means that no AGA-support is planned

Rob 
Posted on 11-May-2013 17:50:56
#7 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

I hadn't heard of this. Thanks for the link.

@coriolis

If you look on the about page it does mention A1200 compatibility as a design goal.

smf 
Posted on 11-May-2013 18:04:45
#8 ]

@coriolis

AFAIK Natami is not dead but progess is slow ATM

Samurai_Crow 
Posted on 11-May-2013 18:12:11
#9 ]
Elite Member

@smf

The name NatAmi is no longer valid. Thomas sent away the rest of the "team" of which I used to be a member. If he comes out with something, cool. If not, that's his decision. He decided to go at it alone.

cdimauro 
Posted on 11-May-2013 20:16:03
#10 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

coriolis wrote:
@tlosm

They write that Tina will be A500-clone. It means that no AGA-support is planned

It's difficult to think about an A500 clone with more than 3GB/s (at least; we are working hard to get MUCH more) of memory bandwidth.

We are starting from the A500, because we have only Minimig and AmigaDE1/2 sources to start from. Unfortunately the FPGArcade source wasn't yet released, so we can't add AGA (and a 68020 softcore) right now, but they are both planned. There's also a plan to integrate the Natami's 68050 softcore, which will give a huge boost to the CPU.

With TiNA we have 3 FPGAs (EP4CE30F23C8N or EP4CE30F23C6N; still deciding) with a lot of pins and resources (29KB cells/LEs, 74KB "memory"), so, as you can think, we can do A LOT more than an A500 design.

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-May-2013 9:38:00
#11 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

Hello

can you give us a update regarding your project?

and regarding FPGA Core, i read from Mike that he designed it in a way that made it perfect for his hardware but not necessarily easy portable (I think I read something like the others would be "unhappy" about his changes/optimizations) so I would recommend you to contact Mike asap.

Coder 
Posted on 12-May-2013 10:13:45
#12 ]
Team Member

@Samurai_Crow

Quote:

Samurai_Crow wrote:
@smf

The name NatAmi is no longer valid. Thomas sent away the rest of the "team" of which I used to be a member. If he comes out with something, cool. If not, that's his decision. He decided to go at it alone.

Such a shame.

Coder

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-May-2013 10:19:23
#13 ]
Elite Member

@Coder

There were lots of discussions regarding this topic already. "Natami" is dead and I do not expect anything from Thomas H. in future. If there will be something fine, if not it does not matter. And even if I personally would not interested to be involved anymore.

Templario 
Posted on 12-May-2013 10:27:05
#14 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

Yes, the best of this site is the site itself, humm the italian art, Michelangelo, Rafael, and this site.

Coder 
Posted on 12-May-2013 10:32:48
#15 ]
Team Member

@OlafS25

I have not checked it for some time so I missed out on any news.

Coder

wawa 
Posted on 12-May-2013 12:08:31
#16 ]
Elite Member

@Samurai_Crow

Quote:

@OlafS25

Quote:
> [ATA00] Timeout while waiting for device to complete operation > [ATA00] ata_exec_cmd: Device is late - no response Does this message appear immediately or does it first hang for 30 seconds and then this message gets logged?

the team membership was given away for nothing, gunnar even proposed me to join, me... not being effectively able to deliver anything.. so this says quite something about the teamwork there. (naturally ive refused, even though at that point ive given the project the benefit of doubt and whatever support i could)

realisticly it was thomas hirsh solo project with a little software help from thomas richter as i see it. which is a pity, because thomas richter would be enormous help if his interest in remaining amiga wasnt restricted to natami.

perhaps there was actually some (re)usable work on softcore, still nothing has been released up to this point, so im starting to doubt.

@cdimauro

is there any actual progress on this tina project after a half a year? if not, in all respect hard to expect it to get anywhere. the site doesnt reveal anything substantial for me at the moment, would hate to say it reminds me of natami.

Last edited by wawa on 12-May-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Last edited by wawa on 12-May-2013 at 12:10 PM.

cdimauro 
Posted on 12-May-2013 15:02:49
#17 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

OlafS25 wrote:
@cdimauro

Hello

can you give us a update regarding your project?

We plan to complete the board in a few months. The PCB isn't yet finalized, but it should be done until the summer, because the motherboard is needed by the company for an internal project (which shares the same hardware).
Quote:
and regarding FPGA Core, i read from Mike that he designed it in a way that made it perfect for his hardware but not necessarily easy portable (I think I read something like the others would be "unhappy" about his changes/optimizations) so I would recommend you to contact Mike asap

OK thanks, but it can be anyway a good reference to look at to see AGA or 68020 implementations.

cdimauro 
Posted on 12-May-2013 15:19:56
#18 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

wawa wrote:
@Samurai_Crow

Quote:

@OlafS25

Quote:
> [ATA00] Timeout while waiting for device to complete operation > [ATA00] ata_exec_cmd: Device is late - no response Does this message appear immediately or does it first hang for 30 seconds and then this message gets logged?

the team membership was given away for nothing, gunnar even proposed me to join, me... not being effectively able to deliver anything.. so this says quite something about the teamwork there. (naturally ive refused, even though at that point ive given the project the benefit of doubt and whatever support i could)

realisticly it was thomas hirsh solo project with a little software help from thomas richter as i see it. which is a pity, because thomas richter would be enormous help if his interest in remaining amiga wasnt restricted to natami.

perhaps there was actually some (re)usable work on softcore, still nothing has been released up to this point, so im starting to doubt.

We've got a not updated version of the 68050 softcore (AFAIK Jens is working to "cleaning / fixing" it, but hasn't release any new version), but it's clearly different from the softcore used on Minimig, so it'll require time to adapt it to our (completely) new board.

Help is definitely needed, because there's a lot of work to do, if we want to reach the goal of a "superAmiga" sooner. So, if there's some VHDL expert (which is the first priority now, when the PCB is finalized) which wishes to join the team, he's welcome.
Quote:
@cdimauro

is there any actual progress on this tina project after a half a year? if not, in all respect hard to expect it to get anywhere. the site doesnt reveal anything substantial for me at the moment, would hate to say it reminds me of natami.

There are some progresses (read above), but we prefer to do announcements when some goal is reached.

Right now the board is not finalized, as said, so there's room for ideas and suggestions to change its layout. But it should be made sooner, because we can't miss the summer release for the motherboard, since it's needed by the company, as I said.

I cannot disclose other information right now, but you'll see an important annuoncement soon, so you will "touch with your hands" if TiNA is a vaporware or something real.

I know that there's a lot of skepticism due to the previous similar projects, but waiting a few months to see if it's a fake or not is nothing compared to years of bells and whistles.

JimS 
Posted on 12-May-2013 18:50:28
#19 ]

@cdimauro

Quote:
With TiNA we have 3 FPGAs (EP4CE30F23C8N or EP4CE30F23C6N; still deciding) with a lot of pins and resources (29KB cells/LEs, 74KB "memory"), so, as you can think, we can do A LOT more than an A500 design.

What's the point of multiple FPGAs? Seems that one larger one would make more sense. It would be a lot simpler to route, and probably more reliable.

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-May-2013 19:01:41
#20 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

Good luck with your interesting project. If you manage to there will certainly be interest in the community.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle