Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 121 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  5 mins ago
 kolla:  13 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  13 mins ago
 zipper:  18 mins ago
 OlafS25:  20 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  22 mins ago
 Rob:  35 mins ago
 matthey:  42 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 pavlor:  2 hrs 32 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Development
      /  AmiDARK Engine Sources for sale
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Overflow 
Re: AmiDARK Engine Sources for sale
Posted on 2-Dec-2014 10:20:43
#101 ]

@phoenixkonsole

Good man!

Profile     Report this post  
AmiDARK 
Posted on 2-Dec-2014 11:28:00
#102 ]

@Bugala
Sorry to be so bad at explaining things.

thellier 
Posted on 2-Dec-2014 13:29:42
#103 ]

@Bugala

AmiDARK Engine give you a list of commands to program games on OS4

If you know what is Amos then it have a similar goal : make it more easy to write games or other graphics apps

Like OpenGL it is a library too
So you still programming in C but with easier functions than with OS functions

OpenGL draw things in 2D or 3D it is still complexfull you may need 50 functions before starting to draw something.
AmiDARK Engine draw things in 2D (and 3D is planned) too but I suppose an easier way and it also manage sound and music

Alain Thellier

Bugala 
Posted on 2-Dec-2014 14:27:28
#104 ]
Cult Member

@thellier

Ah, now i finally get it.

And I guess it is similarly as OpenGL, cross-compiling sort of?

Overflow 
Posted on 2-Dec-2014 14:50:07
#105 ]

@Bugala

Not sure if you have seen this so just linking it;

http://www.amidark-engine.com/spip.php?article10

AmiDARK Engine is a Game Development Kit For Amiga NG where Amiga OS 4.1 or higher is installed.

It is developed to simplify the developer’s life providing specific, easy and performing commands sets.

AmiDARK Engine is highly inspired from the TheGameCreators products range : DarkBASIC, DarkBASIC Professional and DarkGDK.
As you can see in the below sample, it’s easy to load a 3D object and make it rotate on the screen :

Hans 
Posted on 2-Dec-2014 20:38:32
#106 ]
Elite Member

@AmiDARK

Quote:
Comi : Aeon and Hyperion are also in the problem. I had contact in the past.. No answer for becoming beta tester of AmigaOS4, I asked for Gallium too ... because AmiDARK Engine can be directly dependant on it ...

Note, Gallium3D is a driver level API. Game engines do not use it directly. Instead, you use OpenGL or Direct3D.

Quote:
In the past, I've sent technical demonstration to Trevor but, ...

I'll echo what Bugala said; it can be difficult for someone who isn't a software developer to see the benefit of a game engine, especially from just a "tech. demo."

I personally "get it" because I'm a software developer. Plus, it's the kind of thing that I really wish that I'd had years ago, when my coding skills were still elementary. Something like AmiDARK would have enabled me to create games without learning all of the advanced stuff, or having to write 100s of lines of code just to load and display a 3D model.

However, people like Trevor aren't software developers, so you can't expect them to connect the dots from a pretty demo to what the game engine can be used for.

What I think would really help, is a set of short tutorials that take someone from nothing, through to a small game built using AmiDARK. The first tutorial could basically be built around your "rotating object" example, showing how much can be done with a few lines of code. The next tutorial would start with basic game logic (e.g., a toy where you can control something with a joystick). After several tutorials, you'd have a basic game. Something like this would demonstrate its potential even to people who aren't experienced developers.

I thought about creating AmiDARK tutorials as described above, but I simply don't have the time.

Hans

Hans 
Posted on 2-Dec-2014 21:12:30
#107 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Overflow wrote:
As you can see in the below sample, it’s easy to load a 3D object and make it rotate on the screen :

To put this into perspective for non-developers, when I wrote the RHDRMTest2 Demo, I had to write about 1000 lines of code just to load a 3D object (in Wavefront format). That's on top of additional code to handle textures and other stuff. Using AmiDARK you're done in 3 lines:

DELoadObject( "Models/apache.ado", 1 );
DELoadImage( "Models/apache.png", 1 );
DETextureObject( 1, 1);

With a bit more work that could be reduced to one line (if the 3D object file format includes texture information like the Wavefront format does).

The other function calls in that snippet also hide a lot of the extra work that you'd have to do if you were writing a game/demo from scratch.

Finally, the DEPosition*() and DERotate*() functions hide the mathematics behind displaying 3D geometry. So, you can move and rotate objects and cameras in your 3D game world without having to understand the underlying mathematics involved.

Hans

Last edited by Hans on 02-Dec-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Bugala 
Posted on 2-Dec-2014 21:46:25
#108 ]
Cult Member

@Hans

Never knew 3D stuff is that easy to do. Or at least seems to be.

utri007 
Posted on 2-Dec-2014 23:21:48
#109 ]

@Hans

I tried tell say that also. Rotating cube don't tell me anything, I wouldn't even be interested. I wouldn't even see it, not a interested rotating cubes and code lines. :)

To get those who are not coders interested would require something wich we could use or play.

AmiDARK 
Posted on 3-Dec-2014 11:03:17
#110 ]

@Hans

Quote:
Note, Gallium3D is a driver level API. Game engines do not use it directly. Instead, you use OpenGL or Direct3D.

Yes, I know that. And as the AmiDARK Engine uses MiniGL ... Then it uses OpenGL ... And then Gallium is automatically used *if available* because the driver is here to use the hardware of the video card. It's like Direct3D on Windows ... If you use Direct3D, then you uses DirectX that use the video card drivers to work with hardware acceleration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallium3D ( Gallium contain OpenGL API too ;) )

If though it was important to be in .. Because when something is ready, I can fastly test it with my engine adding a new command/function just to test the new thing... And more, if I can create more stunning demo with new stuffs done with the API, I can submit it directly to Hyperion and they can decide if they want to release a demo to show how thing progress for the Gallium 3D Api drivers ;)
It interesting for both part then (Hyperion/AEon & Me).

I understand concerning tutorials and there are some in the archive. I should maybe improve the website of the project showing more of the project "running" as separate pages... The current HELP contain many things (commands, informations, etc...) and it was what I choosed to develop first. I will reconsider my roadmap. But for now, we must see with the bounty ... And more .. If after the bounty I can acquire an AmigaOS4 computer because my Sam440Flex was sold few months ago with my financials difficulties. Now our situation, even if it remain low, is more stable (we are followed by official organism because now we have a baby (9 months old) ... My wife should restart a new job soonly and I must finish my professional requalification training/formation/level)

Regards,
AmiDARK

Last edited by AmiDARK on 03-Dec-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Last edited by AmiDARK on 03-Dec-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Nibunnoichi 
Posted on 3-Dec-2014 14:22:09
#111 ]
Cult Member

@AmiDARK

Quote:

see with the bounty ... And more .. If after the bounty I can acquire an AmigaOS4 computer because my Sam440Flex was sold few months ago with my financials difficulties.

Maybe a bounty for a Sam460CR (= Cost Reduced) is easier to fullfill than that for the source code, that way you would be able to continue working on your own creation, ther'd be no need to find other developers and everybody is happy.
Or maybe try to find a way to have a developer system loaned (someone was doing it, can't remember who, thogh).
What do you think?

AmiDARK 
Posted on 3-Dec-2014 14:24:23
#112 ]

@Nibunnoichi :
Reselling the source code to the community as "open source" bounty was created because of personal financial issues .. If the situation was better, I didn't resell the sam nor made the Bounty.

BSzili 
Posted on 3-Dec-2014 15:16:40
#113 ]

@AmiDARK

Even if AmiDARK goes open source, you can still lead the development and decide what patch are you going to accept, etc.

AmiDARK 
Posted on 3-Dec-2014 15:24:01
#114 ]

@BSzili
Yes, and it's one of the reason I used the bounty system.

Overflow 
Posted on 3-Dec-2014 15:50:21
#115 ]

@Thread

Seems fitting to link the p2p bounty page;

http://www.power2people.org/projects/amidark/

Hans 
Posted on 3-Dec-2014 19:38:25
#116 ]
Elite Member

@AmiDARK

Quote:

AmiDARK wrote:
@Hans
I understand concerning tutorials and there are some in the archive. I should maybe improve the website of the project showing more of the project "running" as separate pages... The current HELP contain many things (commands, informations, etc...) and it was what I choosed to develop first. I will reconsider my roadmap. But for now, we must see with the bounty ...

I was talking more about using the tutorials to promote the bounty. Of course, good tutorials will be essential to getting people to use AmiDARK, and it would definitely be a good idea to post a set of tutorials on the website.

Hans

Yssing 
Posted on 4-Dec-2014 8:29:20
#117 ]

Everybody, please help reach the goals of this bounty.

http://www.power2people.org/projects/amidark/

Bugala 
Posted on 5-Dec-2014 7:43:54
#118 ]
Cult Member

@Topic

A thought came to my mind.

If i correctly remember, you can mix C to your Hollywood projects.

Hence it comes to my mind, that is it possible to make a plugin or something, that would make it so, that you would use AmiDarks commands in Hollywood?

For right now one weakness in Hollywood is the lack of 3D support, hence if AmiDark could be mixed to it, Hollywood would become fully 3D capable.

AmiDARK 
Posted on 5-Dec-2014 10:07:27
#119 ]

@Bugala :
AmiDARK Engine is not compatible with Hollywood because both Hollywood and AmiDARK Engine have their own graphics system.

AmiDARK 
Posted on 6-Dec-2014 0:53:54
#120 ]

To know the exact development state of the engine :
http://www.amidark-engine.com/spip.php?article38

It don't show the help system, only the commands/functions of the complete game engine.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle