Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  19 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 2 mins ago
 amigakit:  4 hrs 35 mins ago
 Hammer:  5 hrs 25 mins ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 3 mins ago
 billt:  6 hrs 11 mins ago
 amigang:  6 hrs 21 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  6 hrs 24 mins ago
 agami:  6 hrs 47 mins ago
 matthey:  6 hrs 54 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Development
      /  AmiDARK Engine "bouncing" back.
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
NutsAboutAmiga 
Re: AmiDARK Engine "bouncing" back.
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 2:37:08
#121 ]
Elite Member

@AmiDARK

Quote:
These kind of ideas impose a relationship of "superior" and "employee".

You don't get it, I'm not calling you an employee and I'm not calling you inferior, (I hope that’s not view you have about people) and I'm no way insinuating Daytona675x is superior, but he is one with experience, do you agree? He is one trying to explain something to you.

What Hans was bringing up was different ways to talk to people.

A manager is some who tells you what do precise, when something is wrong, if things is not correct he blames you, because you did not do what he was saying.

A leader is someone who point you in the right direction, and allow you to discover thing on your own willing, if something is wrong, he is there to explains way and help you when you ask.

So don't try to look at this from your point of view, that be wrong, its not what is intended here.

Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 8:25:37
#122 ]
Elite Member

@AmiDARK

Quote:

AmiDARK wrote:
@NutsAboutAmiga :
I'm not an employee.

After your edit with the new picture :
It's worst :p
these kind of ideas impose a relationship of "superior" and "employee".

Nobody was claimed as superior here. There are only expect coders and newbies.
Quote:
We are not in a company. So each people should speak as "equal to equal". Even in a review. Whatever the capability of each one is.

That only means that in the name of such "equality" you want to ignore what expert coders have said. Bad coding practices are bad, whatever you can say. And bugs are bugs, and they need to be fixed.

You can decide to ignore all that, and continue your way. The project is your, at the end. But you can do it only because of that.

In serious companies you get fired at the speed of Tachions trying to put such pretended "equality of speeching" at the same level of the project's code quality, if you sources are full of bad practices, coding styles, and bugs.
Quote:
Acting in another way than this is a "lack of respect".
Remind the word "Hammer" someone said in a previous Thread about the AmiDARK Engine ... It show all. From that point I started to be "totally mind closed". Nothing will change that... Even "hammer'in and hammer'in again". My mind cannot be hammered. It's a fact and a definitive thing. People can thing it's ego from me ... they are free to think what they want. I have nothing to do with this.

By acting this way, saying again and again the same things, this person show (s)he want to destroy my liberty of expression in this forum and try to impose a dictature of his though. Whatever our though are .. good .. bad ... objective ... Subjective ... Many countries like the one I live are under "democrary" ... and democracy mean "no dictature" ... So this person can continue to lost his time ... I will no more directly answer to him.

Don't invoke dictatorship when it's absolutely not the case. This if a free forum (except the commonly accepted TOS). You expressed your opinion. Others have done the same. Other users are, again free, to judge what happened and the respective positions regarding the argument. It's called discussion: it's the base of the forum, and the reason why they were created.
Quote:
Just a last note, for the person that think a review cannot contain positive point. I'll tell you that it is simply a "lack of objectivity" from you, the point of view of an obsolete hierarchic system . The though of a mind based on the duality "superior/inferior" where the reviewer is here to show its superiority, flatter his ego by showing its capability to point on the error of the other person project.

You're completely out of the world here. Again, you continue to talk about something which is totally alien to you.

First, I've already have written in which case there's a positive review, and the meaning. Take a look at how a professional reviewing system works: https://review.openstack.org/Documentation/intro-quick.html You can see what a positive feedback means and the implications. IF you want see, of course; which I really doubt about now.

Second, can you elaborate my "lack of objectivity"? Where have you seen it? Quote me and PROVE your statement.

Third, the "obsolete hierarchic system" is how a professional company works to produce and sell products. But if you have a better method, well, you're free to propose your revolution to the big IT companies, which will cover you of gold.

Forth, and more important, there are no superior or inferior in a review process. It's YOU, the coder, which chooses a bunch of colleagues that YOU think they are skilled and can make a GOOD review of YOUR code. EVERY coder does it in professional company, because EVERY code needs HIS code to be reviewed BEFORE it can get committed. And if you don't produce code with good code, you can imagine what can happen (see at the beginning of this post).

Sixth, you can imagine who's the only person which here which showed a strong ego...
Quote:
The truth is that when you review a project, to estimate its financial value, both negative and positives points must be clearly available. Otherwise, you cannot value a project to its TRUE FINANCIAL VALUE. All others though are "blabla" ...

Now you're talking about a totally different thing now. The argument was: CODE review. NOT financial review!

You cannot change the cards at your choice just to bring some good points to your position in this discussion.

If you want a positive feedback from a financial point-of-view, you have to ask to a sell/marketing guy. NOT to coders...
Quote:
But everyone is free to think what he want. Everyone is free to think a project contain or not good things ... Concerning myself, i don't accept view others that the one I think is "correct" and "justifiable".

Who have talked about the "ego"? You. And what you've said here applies to you and your big ego.

Basically you want to subtract yourself from critics. How a mature behavior...
Quote:
EDIT : Special gift : Knowledge will bring you from point A to point B.... Creativity will bring you everywhere you want.

Regards,

The creativity is a good thing. Bad coding practices, coding styles, and bugs... are NOT.

However, it's clear that you don't want any discussion about your code. Keep it yourself, and it's better that you create a your own company, because with your mentality you either don't get a new job in a serious one. Only a desperate people can hire you after what you've shown here. Very bad luck for the manager that'll do that.

P.S. No time to fix "bugs" on the text. Sorry.

Daytona675x 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 9:17:27
#123 ]

@wawa
Quote:
ok. cant we put this to rest now?

Easier said than done

@Hans
Quote:
Dude, sometimes it's better to give someone a gentle nudge in the right direction rather than grabbing them by the throat and trying to force them (in the metaphorical sense, of course).

My dear chap, if a beginner makes (critical) mistakes it is better to tell him very clearly that what he's doing is wrong and that he should change it, instead of telling him to just consider chaging it. Your "nudge into the right direction" first of all downplayed the issue.

If you made a mistake in your math-lessons back in school, did the teacher tell you to consider changing the wrong result of 2+2=5 to 4? Certainly not. Some things are just wrong and should / must not be done - and you should be clear about it.

And sorry, but "grabbing them by the throat and trying to force them"?
Hey, I simply said that it's wrong / bad and that he should fix it if he wants to succeed, that "considering" fixing it is not enough. Period.
Nothing offensive there. It's simply the unprettified truth. And what (metaphorical) force? I don't see such things, neither in the part you just quoted nor before when I talked about this at the beginning of this thread.

However, in this very special AmiDark case here it is probably indeed better if you give advices the velvet-glove/kindergarten-way. But nevertheless you shouldn't downplay the issues. So a correct "nudge" would have been:
"Those issues are there and they are severe, so you shouldn't dismiss them."
But then again... that's pretty much the same I said.

@cdimauro
Quote:
You cannot change the cards at your choice just to bring some good points to your position in this discussion.

Yes, that's something he likes to do.

EDIT:
@Samwel
+1

@AmiDARK
Quote:
Concerning myself, i don't accept view others that the one I think is "correct" and "justifiable".

Amen, that's the reason for this huge failure here. And it will be the reason for ongoing failure.

Last edited by Daytona675x on 07-Mar-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Last edited by Daytona675x on 07-Mar-2015 at 02:39 PM.

AmiDARK 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 15:11:05
#124 ]

@cdimauro & all others that are unhappy with my decisions :

1. We are NO MORE in the bounty process as it failed.
2. We are NO MORE in the code review as the bounty failed.
3. We are NO MORE in any kind of bug report as the bounty failed and the code remain closed proprietary source code.

That mean :
1. I decide what I want as I'm the owner of the project, the source code and everything related to this project.
2. You'll have to live with that.

That also mean :
3. You are NOT the decision-making person for this project so all your comments are simply "a lost of time for you that may be used more intelligently by working on your own projects ... if you are coder or developer of any kinds".
4. If you are unhappy, it's YOUR problem, NOT MINE.
5. What explained in 3. show that by continuing arguing this way against ME and MY project only show your incapability to remain objective, you leave your emotion trying to destroy someone that is *different* from you.
6. If you don't agree with all these 5 previous statements... You know what ? ... It will CHANGE NOTHING ! Wow ! Continue lost your time in your "war against me" ... I have nothing to do with that and I will not answer to direct attacks or arguments of any kind.

What makes me laugh, is that you continue to attack me each time I post something, even if it's not related to you or others... You can think what you want of me ... I have nothing to do with that... You only show your deserve of being dictators of your way of thinking ... the "doctrinary" ...

Is the situation enough clear now, or are your brain uncapable to understand these facts ?

Discussion closed for me.

Last edited by AmiDARK on 07-Mar-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Last edited by AmiDARK on 07-Mar-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Last edited by AmiDARK on 07-Mar-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Kronos 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 18:19:32
#125 ]
Elite Member

Gee, someone is a serious need for a cookie......

cdimauro 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 21:12:30
#126 ]
Elite Member

TRIPOS 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 12:40:54
#127 ]

What we see here is the result of 1.5 decades of moderators cultivating the "positivity" concept, do not think for yourself but listen to what the holy OS4 leaders say, always smile, always say yes, and always open up your wallet when someone has anything for sale on the OS4 market, no matter what it is, no matter how expensive, and no matter its quality, and when you have bought it, go to all Amiga forums and spread the word about how happy you are, even if you have never even used the thing, always say yes, positive things only. Now this didn't happen for a change, and here we have someone who may be a bit of a beginner in coding trying to push his unfinished work through a bounty system to raise some money before bailing out, and suddenly someone DIDN'T say "yes" and mindlessly opened up his wallet, but sat down, spent A LOT OF TIME to actually review what was up for sale here, and communicated this information back to the newbie coder so that he would have a chance to learn and to improve his product. And then it snaps, and like a crybaby he says "Moommy, that evil boy spent a lot of time helping me getting better and improving my skills, but he did it in a ruuuuude toooooone, boohoooo!" Aren't we adults here? Why the constant need of tiptoeing? Be a man for christ sake, and take it like a man!

Did anyone here play "Fallout 3"? Do you remember the "Tranquility Lane" episode, where people are living in a psychotic happiness simulation that never ends, a small village full of smiles, positivity and happiness on the surface? All accompanied by that psychotic happy tune that really got to your nerves after an hour or two? Tranquility Lane is OS4/AmigaWorld. In the game there was actually a way out to the real world. Wonder if it is here?

Last edited by TRIPOS on 08-Mar-2015 at 12:43 PM.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 21:01:19
#128 ]
Team Member

@TRIPOS

Quote:

TRIPOS wrote:
What we see here is the result of 1.5 decades of moderators cultivating the "positivity" concept, do not think for yourself but listen to what the holy OS4 leaders say, always smile, always say yes, and always open up your wallet when someone has anything for sale on the OS4 market, no matter what it is, no matter how expensive, and no matter its quality, and when you have bought it, go to all Amiga forums and spread the word about how happy you are, even if you have never even used the thing, always say yes, positive things only.

No actually that is so far removed from how we have been managing the site that it is almost laughable. We do not force a positive viewpoint on members regarding anything. As I have openly stated so many times here, constructive criticism and debates are welcome irrespective of whether it is to OS4, AROS, MorphOS or anything else.

What we do not want are blatant character assassinations (typically uncalled for at the best of times), rude or derogatory behaviour, unfounded statements with no element of fact or opinions stated as though they are facts when they clearly are not.

I have not read every single post in this thread (currently I do not have the time to read everything all over the site), but the ones I have seen point to a level of constructive criticism aimed at the code for the engine which was at one point available due to a bounty in place - which now no longer is the case.

Now the original author of the code is free to do what he likes with it (and I don't think anyone here has disputed that), whether he takes criticisms on board is another matter. He has stated as best I can see that bugs which were reported were being investigated, but given his current learning status, the original code may not be so simple to work with.

What I am also seeing (and not necessarily just in this thread) is the use of the Abuse Report system for things which are not TOS violations. Someone criticising something may not be overly welcoming but is not in itself an offence in terms of site policy. If it is determined that the AR is not a site violation, throwing a hissy fit and cursing all over the site before demanding an account closure is not the best way of dealing with it.

If just seems to me that the more time passes, the worse behaved some people are being. Some people do not seem to appreciate the amount of work that is required in running a site like this where the membership can be so volatile for no apparent reason. Those of us that grew up with Commodore VIC 20, C16, C+4, C64, C128 and Amigas are all getting older, and rather than mellowing with age, the complete opposite is happening.

I am going to re-iterate a post made by clebin earlier this evening - let's keep this on topic and clean. There are only so many times we can request this before enough is enough. If people cannot manage this, we have no choice but to restrict posting privileges for the offenders.

AmiDARK 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 21:43:38
#129 ]

@_Steve_
Thank you for your post and the time you've spend about all these.

@All :
Even if some of you were unable to understand me... and How I function/work/evolve, I wish you all, all the best for your continuying life.

Now, I say "good bye".
Regards,
Frederic Aka AmiDARK

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 4-Jul-2020 1:16:14
#130 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

@AmiDARK

Quote:

AmiDARK wrote:
@_Steve_
Thank you for your post and the time you've spend about all these.

@All :
Even if some of you were unable to understand me... and How I function/work/evolve, I wish you all, all the best for your continuying life.

Now, I say "good bye".
Regards,
Frederic Aka AmiDARK

Friend AmiDARK,
is there any progress with the majestic and eagerly awaited AMOS AGA Porting Project?

Bestest of all regards,
MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Plexus 
Posted on 4-Jul-2020 1:45:48
#131 ]

@Robert

Not only popcorn smileys, now we need something big
Time for WW3 :)
I already feel thats this going to be the hotest and most exciting thread in Amigaworlds history!

AmigaOne X5000, AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 2 special super 2 cores prepared super edition v75 christmas speciale uniqe quadro prepared AmigaOS... TWO MORE YEARS IS NOTHING IF YOU BEEN WAITING SINCE 1994..

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 6-Jul-2020 0:36:10
#132 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Quote:

Now, I say "good bye".
Regards,
Frederic Aka AmiDARK

OH NO,

another "good bye" from our master friend AmiDark, as per his excellent Amos Pro X Development Diary:

Quote:

Hello.
Starting a new employment as Software qualification engineer takes much energy.
It makes me literraly out. If forces me to put the Amos Pro X project in standby until my adaptation to the new job will be complete.

I hope to restart soonly.

Regards,
AmiDARK

This is entirely unexpected!
If anything can expedite the process of a speedy return to this essential project, please let us know.

We'll do our best to understand the way you function/work/evolve. IN THIS PRECISE ORDER.

Regards,
MRJM

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle