Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 142 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RickSkid:  2 mins ago
 bhabbott:  8 mins ago
 BigD:  10 mins ago
 Diane:  13 mins ago
 VooDoo:  17 mins ago
 A1200:  20 mins ago
 pixie:  33 mins ago
 retrofaza:  33 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  55 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 30 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
cdimauro 
Re: Hey Hillbillylitre, why don't you come moan over here instead?
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 9:09:54
#61 ]
Elite Member

@WhatsIsName

Quote:

WhatsIsName wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:

cdimauro wrote:
@WhatsIsName: smart people doesn't need to offend to "argument" in a discussion.

Why tell me that ???

I am indeed smarter than most round here and if they or even you THINK what I say is "offensive" then you and they really should take a look at what THEY have said and then YOU should consider telling THEM your opinion of that instead of choosing to be a hypocrite and selectively choosing what you THINK that only I say is somehow "offensive" to you...

Also there's the slight fact that if you consider what I say as being "offensive" then that is your problem. I just speak my mind and reply to people in the same manner in which they address me but I honestly don't take "offence" at what anonymous people I've never met say on a forum...

I know what they said, but you are getting worse. Doing that, you are "destroying" what you said. IMO, of course.

Profile     Report this post  
WhatsIsName 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 9:11:16
#62 ]

@fishy_fis

Quote:

fishy_fis wrote:
@WhatsIsName

What's wrong?

Nothing "wrong" here you're the one with your knickers in a twist as usual over something being said that wasn't even addressed to you... must be tough being a little gossip wife and getting in late on a conversation eh...

Quote:
Nonchalance not the response you was after?[/quote[
Nonchalance was not the response I got from you, the behaviour of 5 year old wittle kiddie having a stop was all I got from you...

[quote]Oh well, better luck next time.

What... you mean you aint gonna post like a wee kid in a cream puff the next time...

Quote:
Given that this is a computer forum perhaps you could use the alpha channel more subtly. Might get more interest.

Given that this is actually a computer forum frequented for the most part for years by sad folk such as yourself whom sit there waiting to log in when someone else logs out so you can post a wittle "na na nana na, my dads bigger than your dad" style post before scurrying off again, then perhaps you should just use the public toilet and write your wittle sad retorts there instead...

PS: Don't forget to take your best red crayon with you...

pavlor 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 9:15:22
#63 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

Quote:
PPC Linux box

Linux is not primary objective for both manufacturers and customers.

Quote:
Not only that. You forgot the >2GB memory, the graphic cards, and the "XCore" coprocessor (which is just a "bonbonnière").

All these are supported (sort of). It seems you aren´t following AmigaOS developement...

Quote:
Does it run on Amigas?

Yes. Did you even hear about Amiga 1200?

Quote:
I like serious jokes.

And you are realy good in these!

OlafS25 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 9:16:42
#64 ]
Elite Member

@pavlor

"sort of"

WhatsIsName 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 9:18:27
#65 ]

@cdimauro

Quote:

cdimauro wrote:
@WhatsIsName

I know what they said, but you are getting worse. Doing that, you are "destroying" what you said. IMO, of course.

I respect your opinion but you see I've found the only way to reply to certain people is to reply to them in kind as trying to have a reasoned conversation is actually quite futile with such folk...

That's the sad part about daring to voice you own opinion on a subject on a site such as this, it always get the usual narrow minded and blinkered ones out with their usual calls for bans, screaming "troll" etc... when someone else dares to post something they might not agree with... :-/

And of course the "fishy" type whom try to be smart but fail miserably...

fishy_fis 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 9:31:25
#66 ]
Elite Member

@WhatsIsName

Umm,... you realize this is a public forum right?
I only started reading halfway through and responded based on what I read, which happened to be you and another bloke acting like dicks.
Much like anyone I can have opinions. I offered mine. That's what a person does on forums you know?

You've done nothing but antagonize and insult people, whereas I find your behavior amusing, in a morbidly curious way.
Sorry guy, I'm just not interested enough to respond in the way you're hoping. You twisting and/or contorting your concocted version of events just doesn't inspire me. Sorry, you'll have to carry on your "argument" (chortle) without me......

//queue weird, off center transparent response .....

Trewq 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 9:56:34
#67 ]

@WhatsIsName

Oh goodie, Franko made a wall of text again to try to defend his ego.
Dissecting every sentence trying to scrape the most stupidest irrelevant detail out of them.

I bet you sat a good 15 minutes with each one going "uhhhhhhhhhhh" judging by the time it took you to response.

Oh, don't try to convince me that you have a "life"

This the the Franko we're talking about folks !

The guy who got banned multiple times on other Amiga sites,
The guy who has youtube video's with negative reception and goes as a manchild against those who didn't liked it
Who eventually needed to make his own forum because he had nowhere to go anymore
And eventually had to do it with moo bunny.

There's no way you can have friends.

I only go thru a few which arent completely idiotic since I'm writing this in a train

Quote:
Yes it is ALL irrelevant, completely and utterly irrelevant (well to most of us sane people it is) but obviously as you started the thread you seem to think it's somehow relevant that you THINK your Amigaone is an Amiga even though it's not... thing is like you say it's NOT relevant (unless you try to sell off your AmigaOne as an Amiga of course)...

It is relevant, because we get constantly harassed by manchilds like you who MUST OPPOSE THOSE WHO DON'T AGREE, while you said it yourself perfectly, it is irrelevant ! so who do people constantly like Hillbilly-whatever his name need to show up and insult our intelligence ?

Oh btw, "sane people", since you're banned from everyplace you go, does this mean you're trying to say that you're the 1% who is sane ?
Fake it till you make it Franko.

Quote:
No one said they were, in fact the only one round here making such a ludicrous claim is in fact yourself... so your point you failed to make there was what exactly ???

I don't know, what was your point you failed to make eariler ? unless it was again completely irrelevant again.

Well, there's my stop

Quote:
I don't "Act Clever"... I AM CLEVER...

Overflow 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 10:02:35
#68 ]

@Trewq

So becoming what you dislike is working for you?

You are certainly not lowering the toxicity on this forum the way you carry on.

WhatsIsName 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 10:27:23
#69 ]

@fishy_fis

Quote:
Umm,... you realize this is a public forum right?

I do indeed but you obviously DON"T otherwise why do you whinge and whine about what others happen to say on a PUBLIC FORUM...

Quote:
I only started reading halfway through and responded based on what I read,

Kinda suspected as much that you're one of those lazy folk whom jump into a conversation halfway through it then selectively spout your opinion about something you don't even know what the context of the entire conversation is about, kinda dick like thing to do that is aint it...

Quote:
which happened to be you and another bloke acting like dicks.

So you (as usual) thought you'd jump on the bandwagon and behave like a total "dick" yourself... some things never change eh fishy...

Quote:
Much like anyone I can have opinions. I offered mine. That's what a person does on forums you know?

My the hypocrisy is strong in this one... :-O

Strange that me and "the other guy" were just doing the same in offering our opinions but like I've said before when it comes to narrow minded, pious folk like yourself other folks "opinions" suddenly become the ramblings of "Crazy" people...

You may put your foot back in your mouth again now...

Quote:
You've done nothing but antagonize and insult people,

ROFLMAO

Says the hypocrite whom popped in out of the blue with comments such as "Crazy", "Crap" about what other people have to say... :-/

Quote:
whereas I find your behavior amusing, in a morbidly curious way.

Said it before I'll say it again I find the entire "online Amigaland" thing one of the funniest things I've seen in my life and certainly not something to get wound up over or take personally what anyone I've never met before has to say about me or any subject...

It's nothing more than a passtime with zero consequences, importance or genuine relevance in any of our lives and those whom do think it is to them seriously need to think about giving up chatting on the internet altogether...

Quote:
Sorry guy, I'm just not interested enough to respond in the way you're hoping.

Erm.. assuming things about others often proves to be quite wrong just as you have proven there...

I'm not "hoping" that you'd respond to me in any way let alone a way in which you bizarrely THINK I'm "hoping" you would... in fact I'd be perfectly happy never to hear from you again... it's really that simple with no hidden agenda that you THINK I'm looking for...

[quote[You twisting and/or contorting your concocted version of events just doesn't inspire me.[/quote]
So posting FACTS, FACTS that can be proven are to you "twisting and/ or contorting events" !!!

Wow... you really are more blinkered and ignorant than even I had given you credit for...

Quote:
Sorry, you'll have to carry on your "argument" (chortle) without me......

Hmmm wasn't having an "argument"!!!. Strange how you like to try to apply your own thought process/ way of thinking onto others !!! Anywhoo, I'd gladly carry on the conversation here without you but it's kinda difficult when you keep popping in every few minutes and butting in directly to me despite you claiming you don't want to... ever consider going into politics ???

WhatsIsName 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 10:43:27
#70 ]

@Trewq

Quote:

Trewq wrote:
@WhatsIsName

SNIP The Lame Pathetic Ramblings Of A Retarded Brick With Reading Difficulties -SNIP

Over the few years I've been around teh interwebs I've come across some really, really sad genuinely weird folk and those really strange no life weirdos whom have some bizarre strange obsession with everything I say and do but...

YOU... you really take the biscuit, you post utter drivel then whinge and whine when people happen to point out to you that you are in fact gibbering utter drivel but best of all I see I have another wittle puppet for my collection to DANCE forever to the tune of "Franko"... ROFLMAO

Now off you toddle and see what other fascinating things you can find out or make up about lil ole me as I take over your sad little life and watch with great joy knowing that you must be in one helluva sorry state that all you have left in that sad little life is hanging on my every word... ROFLMAO

PS: It's good to be me and as much as you wanna be me, sadly for you you aint got the intelligence to ever achieve such a lofty ambition... but I shall let you dance for me as that seems to keep you happy...

Arnie 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 10:43:41
#71 ]
Cult Member

@WhatsIsName

You seem very strongly opinionated about the Amigaone line of computers and OS4 not being real next generation Amiga products (even though they both were created under an official Amiga license).

Could you now explain to the world what does make an official next generation Amiga. I might add that backward compatibility with 20+ year old classic's is out of the question, nobody will buy a machine for that as they are not interested in the old (you can get a classic machine for that purpose). Even Sony have sussed that one, the PS4 is not backward compatible with any of the early Playstations but it is still a Sony Playstation

The Amiga name needs to move on so what will it take to do so and still be Amiga?

As a foot note you do know that both Mini and Rolls Royce are owned by the same company, so which ever one you buy you could say you are getting a very cheep Rolls Royce or a very expensive Mini or more to the point a BMW with a different badge on the bonnet (hood for all the Americans reading).

pavlor 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 10:50:18
#72 ]
Elite Member

@Arnie

Quote:
I might add that backward compatibility with 20+ year old classic's is out of the question

Why? OS4 has nearly full combatibility with older Amiga computers (via built-in emulation or RunInUAE). I was impressed to run my WHDLoad games by double-cklick in WB - just like on my A1200!

Overflow 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 10:50:18
#73 ]

@Arnie

Quote:
The Amiga name needs to move on so what will it take to do so and still be Amiga?

Thats where many disagree tho. The Amiga for some/many is just the 680x0 series they used back in the days. Many of us still fire it up semi daily.

The issue seems that some seems extremely protective of the "legacy" of the name, and any hardware directions away from the 680x0 is "herecy".

Personally I could not care less. If xyz person/companies wants to make alternatives that people find useful/fun to use, then why should I spend energy critizising them?

Tho "defenders of the legacy" isnt that pragmatic, hence the "forum wars".

fishy_fis 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 10:57:01
#74 ]
Elite Member

@WhatsIsName

Seriously, let it go. Even I'm starting to get embarrassed for you.

The smoke and mirrors aren't working for you today.

Arnie 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 11:05:36
#75 ]
Cult Member

@pavlor
Quote:

Why? OS4 has nearly full combatibility with older Amiga computers (via built-in emulation or RunInUAE). I was impressed to run my WHDLoad games by double-cklick in WB - just like on my A1200!

Emulation is fine and I think this is a good thing, though I think UAE on OS4 is still a bit behind the likes of WinUAE and FS-UAE. I would not call this true backwards compatibility to the OS level, which is what I believe some want. I think trying to do that would hold future development back as things change with new tech, multi-core for example.

WhatsIsName 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 11:06:13
#76 ]

@Arnie

Quote:

Arnie wrote:
@WhatsIsName

You seem very strongly opinionated about the Amigaone line of computers and OS4 not being real next generation Amiga products (even though they both were created under an official Amiga license).

That's quite simple, neither of them are "official" simply due to the fact they are NOT genuine Amiga products from the same linage as genuine Amigas were which were the ones made/ sold/ manufactured by Commodore, Amiga Technologies and for a short time Escom/ Gateway...

A licence from Uncle McBill not matter how "legal" it might be does not put either the AmigaOne, OS4 or anything that came after the demise of Commodore and the sell off of IP from Escom/Gateway in the same ""official" linage of the Amiga as sold and manufactured by the aforementioned companies...

Quote:
Could you now explain to the world what does make an official next generation Amiga.

I can't and no one can because there is no such thing as am "OFFICIAL NEXT GENERATION AMIGA"...

Now can you explain to the world why you THINK such an "OFFICIAL AMIGA" product as that exists ???

Quote:
I might add that backward compatibility with 20+ year old classic's is out of the question, nobody will buy a machine for that as they are not interested in the old (you can get a classic machine for that purpose).

What is it with folk round here always wrongly assuming everyone else thinks and wants the same thing as them !!!

I and many others I know are very interested in "the old" as you call it and would be more than happy to purchase a new modern Amiga like machine that was fully backward compatible...

Just because you personally don't want or like something doesn't mean to say everyone else does too...

Quote:
Even Sony have sussed that one, the PS4 is not backward compatible with any of the early Playstations but it is still a Sony Playstation

Erm... what's that got to do with how I and many others see the Amiga !!!

Quote:

The Amiga name does not need to do anything the Amiga name and it's legacy speaks for itself and is an important part of home computing history...

Who's says any of what you're looking for has to be called "Amiga", why not leave the Amiga name and legacy where it is and stop endlessly dreaming that it's somehow going to rise again...

Best thing that could happen for the sake of the Amiga legacy is to drop the name altogether and create something new that can be Amiga like in it's operation and call it something else instead of forever wishing that somehow the Amiga will return as a modern platform, something that I've no doubt will never happen...

Quote:
As a foot note you do know that both Mini and Rolls Royce are owned by the same company, so which ever one you buy you could say you are getting a very cheep Rolls Royce or a very expensive Mini or more to the point a BMW with a different badge on the bonnet (hood for all the Americans reading).

Like I say, go ahead and try and sell someone a MINI and pass it off to them as being a Rolls Royce... I think you know really what the outcome of that would be...

WhatsIsName 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 11:12:20
#77 ]

@fishy_fis

Quote:

fishy_fis wrote:
@WhatsIsName

Seriously, let it go. Even I'm starting to get embarrassed for you.

Oh dear... once again I see you couldn't even keep your own word on something you said... :-/

Rest assured you can THINK all you want that you are "embarrassed" for me but the reality is unless you are me then you can never be embarrassed on my behalf...

PS: that "let it go" bit is a cracker after you proclaimed you were outa here... ROFLMAO

Quote:
The smoke and mirrors aren't working for you today.

!!! You think in strange conspiracy theory filled ways Fishy !!!

Glad I don't THINK I know what goes on in that bizarre mind of yours and boy am I glad I don't pretend to fell embarrassed for you as you obviously struggling with the reality of you own life yourself...

Arnie 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 11:46:20
#78 ]
Cult Member

@WhatsIsName
Quote:

A licence from Uncle McBill not matter how "legal" it might be does not put either the AmigaOne, OS4 or anything that came after the demise of Commodore and the sell off of IP from Escom/Gateway in the same ""official" linage of the Amiga as sold and manufactured by the aforementioned companies...

So what you're saying is that because uncle McBill as you call him did not manufacture and sell the A1200 & A4000 when he bought the company is that anything else that is produced under the license is null and void.
Quote:

What is it with folk round here always wrongly assuming everyone else thinks and wants the same thing as them !!!

Pot, kettle
Quote:

The Amiga name and it's legacy speaks for itself and is an important part of home computing history...

Indeed, so why do you want to kill it off?

WhatsIsName 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 12:18:12
#79 ]

@Arnie

Quote:

Arnie wrote:
@WhatsIsName
[quote]
So what you're saying is that because uncle McBill as you call him did not manufacture and sell the A1200 & A4000 when he bought the company is that anything else that is produced under the license is null and void.

Honestly... YES

Although I'm sure if you're into being conned and ripped off by Uncle McBills "Amiga branded products" then you'd have been quite happy and have no complaints going round telling everyone "Hey I've got a CUSA Amiga that doesn't even run AmigaOS", as that's what would have happened before CUSAs owners untimely & unfortunate demise ...

Quote:
Pot, kettle

That doesn't quite work when you were the only person claiming that "NO ONE" wanted a certain thing and I clearly pointed out to you that in FACT others indeed do want that thing you claim they don't want...

Quote:
Indeed, so why do you want to kill it off?

In terms of actually having a commercially available product then the Amiga has indeed been dead for almost two decades... (and I didn't kill it off)...

In terms of the the actual Amiga range of computers themselves, they do indeed live on and will do as long long there are still genuine Amiga users around like myself whom still use them and whom never once left the platform and of course those whom still come back to the Amiga or are even first time users with purchasing used Amigas...

It's not the machine itself that needs "killed off", it's the use of the Amiga name being attempted to be linked to products that are not Amiga that needs to be killed off...

Like I say if you want an "Amiga like" system go ahead and build one but don't kid yourself or any other potential buyers that it is an Amiga computer connected to the linage of the original and only genuine Amiga range of computers. Call it something else, give it it's own name/ brand instead of trying to hang on the coat tales of what was and still is one of the best home computer systems ever created...

Overflow 
Posted on 12-Apr-2015 12:24:17
#80 ]

@WhatsIsName

Fair post, but the "Amiga" name is so washed out at this point it doesnt really matter.

http://www.amiga.no/

for example ^^

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle