Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 115 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Tpod

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Tpod:  21 secs ago
 OneTimer1:  17 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  29 mins ago
 matthey:  44 mins ago
 Rob:  51 mins ago
 amigagr:  54 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 Beamish2040:  1 hr 35 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Software
      /  Hyperion release official AmigaOS WB3.1 & Kickstart 3.1 updates !!!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 Next Page )
PosterThread
arthoropod 
Re: Hyperion release official AmigaOS WB3.1 & Kickstart 3.1 updates !!!
Posted on 27-May-2018 17:20:01
#361 ]

@Karlos

If I did that, with my current email address, that would likely change.
And I suppose I could use the Gmail account I have used for almost fifteen years, but I kind of like the idea of using my real name.
If Andre Seigel does that, I think I'll follow his lead.

Since this whole pissing match started over a comment about a project that I'm still determined to see finished.
I'd prefer people to know who I am Jim "f'ing" Igou.

That way, when I offend someone, it won't be through some "sock puppet" alias. You'll know me, you'll have my e-mail address, and if I really get under uour skin you can have my home address if you'd like to discuss it face to face.

Oh, and I may be at AmiWest this year, I would have made it last year, but I couldn't spare the time.
And just being there for Acill demo...i wanted to have something to show alongside that.

We'll see, Sacramento is long way to travel just to meet a few friends. And it might be next year, since at best this year is likely to feature a Tabor release.

Profile     Report this post  
arthoropod 
Posted on 27-May-2018 17:22:29
#362 ]

@IntuitionAmiga

Hey Nik, I've lost track of that, but I wouldn't hesitate to pass it on.
After all, would I pay for a copy of Win 3.11 or Win 98?

Better yet, do I believe that anything beyond a trademark was actually transferred to Bill McEwen?

No patents were, and the software IP? That's a pretty loose claim as well, since the Amiga Inc. that negotiated the original deal (and the deal with Hyperion) went bankrupt.
And you can't legally transfer assets across shell entities to avoid their lose due to planed bankruptcy, that's fraud.

If Hyperion and Cloanto want to sell "improved" versions of the OS, no problem. And if, thanks to these convoluted legal entanglements, AOS can't be posted for public download, also no problem.
But the claim I have legal copies of OS..whatever, feh.
How many different systems have you installed that software on?
Yeah, I guess I don't recommend that sellers of the Vampire bundle AOS with their system, but only out of practicality (because they'll be sued).
But I don't see how you are going to stop individuals from exchanging this stuff.

And, as Lou has pointed out, all legacy hardware came with an OS.
And we can clone it as well.

Last edited by arthoropod on 27-May-2018 at 05:44 PM.

IntuitionAmiga 
Posted on 27-May-2018 17:43:21
#363 ]

@Beans

Quote:

Beans wrote:
@ferrels

Steve, I read the entire thread, and it included links to the software, tips on using the software, and zero discussion of the legalities of using the software.
I'm disappointed that, as a private contractor, you don't seem to have a better understanding of the legal ramifications of participating in piracy.

The fact that this is not an Apollo team project, doesn't excuse the presence of these posts on their website advocating its use.

And your constant banter about 'armchair lawyers' is childish, I have access to my own lawyer if I need legal advice.
But any layman with the slightest bit of common sense can see that there are legal ramifications involved in this project.

And it gains you no credit, or my respect, when you rant about this obviously illegal activity as if its somehow excusable.

Ahem...... ;)

arthoropod 
Posted on 27-May-2018 18:03:57
#364 ]

Sorry, duplicate post.

Last edited by arthoropod on 27-May-2018 at 06:07 PM.

arthoropod 
Posted on 27-May-2018 18:05:05
#365 ]

@IntuitionAmiga

Yeah, Nik, but I'd probably take any point I could in opposition when it comes to a discussion with SF, since he's one of the few here that can be a bigger dick than me.
And, his "expertise" is built in on type of degree that didn't even exist when I first went to school.

Those "experts" are the people locking us into this mess with Windows, OSX or Linux being the primary choices.
And 'I'm actually about to capitulate with a move to Linux, because not paying for Torvalds work leaves me more comfortable than paying for the legacy of Gates or Jobs..

And, as I just stated, I wouldn't recommend distributing a version of Amiga OS with a commercial product. It WILL get you sued, and you WILL lose.
There's fair, There's what ought to be right, and then there's the law.

And I'm not stupid enough to advocate butting heads with the last.

And yeah, I've been, am, and am likely to be a contractor.
So like anyone in business, you learn CYO.

Karlos 
Posted on 27-May-2018 18:08:51
#366 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@arthoropod

You make sound like you're been treated unfairly for having more than one user account. The fact is forums have a one account policy for a good reason. Multiple accounts are the hallmark of trolls.

arthoropod 
Posted on 27-May-2018 18:21:44
#367 ]

@Karlos

While you were typing this, I was going over the terms (as currently posted)and trying to locate a contact for the sysop), because unlike the majority of you I want my name postsd.
I know Nik, because we've been in contact a LONG time.
And what he's poking fun at BTW is the fact that he once sent me a drive image set up for an A2000.

As to trolling, I may very well not agree with you, if being oh so impolite as to shake your sensibilities, then feel free to tell me off.

In the meanwhile, I'll still post MY opinions on YOUR opinions, and if yours deserve more consideration OR you happen to be right (Or make a good point), I'll admit it.

In the meanwhile, could you hold off baiting for a few moments so I can complete this?

IntuitionAmiga 
Posted on 27-May-2018 18:45:32
#368 ]

@arthoropod

Quote:

arthoropod wrote:
@Karlos

While you were typing this, I was going over the terms (as currently posted)and trying to locate a contact for the sysop), because unlike the majority of you I want my name postsd.
I know Nik, because we've been in contact a LONG time.
And what he's poking fun at BTW is the fact that he once sent me a drive image set up for an A2000.

As to trolling, I may very well not agree with you, if being oh so impolite as to shake your sensibilities, then feel free to tell me off.

In the meanwhile, I'll still post MY opinions on YOUR opinions, and if yours deserve more consideration OR you happen to be right (Or make a good point), I'll admit it.

In the meanwhile, could you hold off baiting for a few moments so I can complete this?

Karl knows what I was ribbing you about Jim as he's my brother. ;)

Karlos 
Posted on 27-May-2018 18:45:45
#369 ]
Elite Member

@arthoropod

No baiting intended. I did have to moderate a few forums in the past and multiple accounts were usually banned as a matter of policy, often with no warning. And the original if they didn't desist. I moderated one site where the reason for this was all to obvious, where sock puppet accounts popped up like garden weeds. Anyway, you're lucky, really. Your posting style is a dead giveaway to anyone that's been around a while and although in my view you aren't a multiple account troll, others may think differently.

ferrels 
Posted on 27-May-2018 18:55:00
#370 ]
Cult Member

@arthoropod

Sorry to inform you that you're mistaken. You're definitely the biggest dick here but also the most prolific sock puppet troll here and over at Amiga.org as well. You have at least 3 accounts here now and probably even more there.

And stop implying that computer science degrees weren't offered when you were of college age. They were offered at many universities as early as the 1960's and I got my BS in computer science in 1983. It was offered at my alma mater even as far back as 1976. So unless you finished high school in the 1950's you have no excuse for not "earning" a degree or educating yourself in the field of computer science. But I suspect you'd rather just sit at home and troll the Amiga forums as 3 different sock puppets rather than learn.

pavlor 
Posted on 27-May-2018 19:27:16
#371 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

Quote:
sock puppet troll here

Was alternate account used to mislead others? Or as helping voice for older account in discussion? Or to whitewash not that nice record? If the new account was used only because the older one was lost (password forgotten etc.), then I wouldn´t call that trolling.

Note TMHGM (or what he called 15 years ago) uses here at least the fourth account (I´m aware of).

arthoropod 
Posted on 27-May-2018 19:29:01
#372 ]

@ferrels

Up yours Stevo, I was working with hardware while you still in middle school.

And you're wrong, IT based degrees were not available anywhere near my home in the late '70's, and since the best that the University of Delaware could provide my best friend was an Electrical Engineering degree, and I was offered a job there while I was still in high School, I know what we had to offer.

If fact, they were still converting from Burroughs Cobol based mini computers that looked like desks to an IBM mainframe, when my buddy graduated and work on rewriting the code.

Further, my degree is in Business Management, so contractor or not, I'm sure that not only do I know more about hardware than you do, but that I also have more business acumen than you do.

I'm not the one that supported the Vampire teams attempts to provide AmigaOS with their hardware (not when its readily available through informal routes), you were.

On, and when I subcontracingt, I make sure to do it through an LLC, do you?

I have an accountant, a lawyer, and one of my former instructors was adjunct professor who's full time job was as a local judge.

And you know what, I think I might very well be a bigger dick than you.
I could make lame jokes about sending your wife around to see, but I actually mean that in the sense we are talking about.

It comes from have to manage people, as in if you don't like it, you're free to leave.

@pavlor

No Pavlor, I'm not trying to pull a Moobunny/troll job here.
And I really and comfortable enough with myself to occasionally be a dick about it.

Especially with people who's primary experience is under Windows.
You could train a chimp to write Windows code.

Last edited by arthoropod on 27-May-2018 at 07:33 PM.

arthoropod 
Posted on 27-May-2018 19:38:39
#373 ]

@Karlos

Quote:
Your posting style is a dead giveaway to anyone that's been around a while and although in my view you aren't a multiple account troll, others may think differently.

Thanks, but I DO think the policy against multiple accounts is proper.
I think its a very reasonable policy.

That being said, how DO you get a hold of anyone here?

The listings in the "about US" section look really old, and I sent a e-mail to each person listed.
But, am I mistaken, or doesn't AmigaKit run this AND Amiga.org?

Or am I just making a paranoid assumption?

Oh, and all this BS about my personal issues are distracting us from the topic at hand.
I really have reconsidered my position on the informal exchange of drive images that already pre-configured.
The one I received from Nik save me a lot of of work.

@IntuitionAmiga

Quote:
Karl knows what I was ribbing you about Jim as he's my brother. ;)

Oh, cool, then I'm sure he's a good man.

Hi, Karl.
Must have mistaken you for yet another Karl, maybe not.
But if you are Nik's brother, than you no doubt have some common sense as well.

I'm going to drop out until I get an admin response.
Besides, I really don't feel like having another chest beating session with Steve right now.
Every time he responds to a post, I feel a little bit more of my compassion for my fellow man slipping away (and I've got a slim supply of that anyway).

Next post, will be as JIgou, as before mentioned, like Andre's posts, a reflection of who I actually am.
Oddly enough, one nod to Steve, he does the same thing.

Last edited by arthoropod on 27-May-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Last edited by arthoropod on 27-May-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Last edited by arthoropod on 27-May-2018 at 07:41 PM.

ferrels 
Posted on 27-May-2018 19:49:05
#374 ]
Cult Member

@pavlor

Iggy/Beans/arthropod/et al speaks for himself. He uses 3 or more accounts here and at Amiga.org and on MorphOS forums to troll and spew his vitriol. He has been posting here as Beans and Iggy quite recently and whenever he gets confronted for using multiple accounts he offers the same sad excuse of losing his password or changing his email address. Several months ago he was posting as Iggy and Beans on the same day in the same thread. Simply ridiculous.

He's a sad little troll of a man who has to hide behind multiple personas for several reasons as to which anyone who has ever had an exchange with him can attest.

arthoropod 
Posted on 27-May-2018 19:53:59
#375 ]

@ferrels

But you always seem to do it anyway, don't you little man?

And damn, I promised not to post here until I got this resolved.

In the meanwhile, Steve if you EVER want to meet in person, just let me know.

ferrels 
Posted on 27-May-2018 20:40:53
#376 ]
Cult Member

@arthoropod

Good grief. You have zero credibility here yet you still want to cling to your stories that you've lost your password, changed your email address, dog ate your homework, etc, excuses.

And even if anyone wanted to meet you, how would they even know it's you and not one of your other multiple sock-puppet personalities? I'm sure that if anyone went so far as to set a date, time and location for a "meeting" as you call it, you'd miss the meeting and claim you lost your calendar, your car broke down, or that you misplaced your map and got lost, or all of he above.

So no, I don't want to meet you here or anywhere else. You'd just be wasting my time as you're doing now and besides, you're not worthy of a meeting with me. I only meet people who are worthwhile individuals and you're certainly not in that category.

The problems you need to resolve can't be fixed here by a site moderator or admin. Your problems can only be addressed by a competent psychotherapist.

Karlos 
Posted on 27-May-2018 21:10:04
#377 ]
Elite Member

That wasn't so much of a burn as it was carpet bombing with white phosphorus and napalm.

IntuitionAmiga 
Posted on 27-May-2018 21:21:45
#378 ]

What happened to Thierry?

Poor fella taking all the flack for years for other people's sock puppets.

Come back all is forgiven lol

number6 
Posted on 27-May-2018 21:40:44
#379 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Quote:
Ask one of the mods

There are no active moderators on AW.
There are 2 site admins and 1 system admin to attend to critical issues.

No one should count on the information shown in the "about us" page. Some of it is a decade old. There has never been an intent shown to update said information.

Cheese 
Posted on 27-May-2018 21:53:27
#380 ]

@arthoropod

"Delving into the past can be a dangerous exercise." -hyperionmp

"I've been a supporter of "REACTION" GUI because is an Amiga OS thing." -Snuffy

"I personally prefer a vision of do'ers and makers rather than

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle