Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 150 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 GPTNederlands:  2 mins ago
 janelancy:  3 mins ago
 -Sam-:  12 mins ago
 RobertB:  36 mins ago
 Gunnar:  47 mins ago
 OlafS25:  54 mins ago
 pixie:  55 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 blmara:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 miggymac:  2 hrs 18 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  What are we creating with our Amigas at the moment?
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
broadblues 
What are we creating with our Amigas at the moment?
Posted on 5-Dec-2016 21:43:17
#1 ]
Amiga Developer Team

One of my bugbears about the various forums is that we spend too much time hankering for and complaining about the next step, for ports of software not yet available, delayed OS updates, unreleased hardware and other such negative stuff.

Whereas we already have capable systems with software features that many haven't even scratched the surface of, so I'm starting another cloyingly positive thread about what creative stuff people are upto with their machines.

I want hear about, see links to, and commenst on whatever creating projects you are using your Amigas (by any reasonable definition, that's why I put this in general chat ) for.

Works in progress, completed projects, whatever, post it here and have look at what others have posted.

I'll start the ball rolling with my own activities.

Most recently I've been using blender for video editing again (having finally eliminated the bugs in the audio of the recent update to the ffmpeg support).

I'm working on the start of a YoutTube blog on my acoutsic guitar music.

Fot the most recent post about Gypsy Jazz I recorded a backing track using AudioEvolution to allow me to play lead guitar during the actual video. The neat amigaish trick I used with AE4 was to create a one liner ARexx script to start the backing after a 30second delay, so I could introduce the track.

rx "ADDRESS COMMAN WAIT 30;ADDRESS AE_REXX PLAY"

This waits 30 seconds then issue the play command to AE4, more by luck than judgement that gave exactly enough time to start my phone camera, and get inot position to start playing...

Post recording I edited the sounf further in Ae4 to normalise, slightly compress and add a very light touch of reverb.

I kept this video down to 720p as I don't belive the quality of the camera justifies full 1080p (just produces hires noise!) and processing 720p in blender on te x1k is quite smooth. 1080p starts to struggle a bit.

Here's the result:

https://youtu.be/chtB38VylcI

The previous video was a guitar lessone recorded at 1080p so I could zoom in on my thingers you blenders transform "effect" This was quite slow to render (3s per frame) mainly due to the scaling function.

Here is that one:

https://youtu.be/zYtU5h3xTUQ

Both vidoes contain a couple of semi hidden Amiga related easter eggs...

Right enough from me, over to you lot....

Last edited by broadblues on 05-Dec-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Last edited by broadblues on 05-Dec-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
DC_Edge 
Re: What are we creating with our Amigas at the moment?
Posted on 5-Dec-2016 23:34:25
#2 ]

@broadblues

Ipv6 stack on the x5k just because i'm in network and want to know every single bit of ipv6. Actually 645 lines of code not counting headers and comments. This is not really advanced. most job done was to define structures for ip headers and ipv6 protocol suit attempts. Still lack à wraper for medium access the sana Amiga way. I could get some instructions months ago by amigadev team. Enough to draw à direction.

The code is done under windows and my Old friend ultraedit.
i'm sad os4 on winuae is memory limited and leads to ' not enough memory' to compile because i'm not at home that much. Then code is sent by ftp to the x5k and compiled when i go back home.
I don't use modern toolschains
If someone could point me to an Amiga ssh server that would be Nice as i could use the shell remotely from work.

Although this is more a research project than a serious thing.
Free time is a pain to gather but this is fun doing this on modern still Old os.

The magic thing is that under windows or linux this got so complex that i could never fond courage to start that study project. Under that Old os i Can feel that i do what i want....with lot of pain or limitations;)

Still my favorite os anyway à nostalic stuff

SACC-dude 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 0:29:04
#3 ]

@DC_Edge

AND... you proved his point!

lylehaze 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 3:22:02
#4 ]

@broadblues

Sounds like a good idea, except most of what I "am doing" might eventually become useful to others, and there is a curse on those (myself included) who announce things before they are ready to be released.

I can say that the project that is getting most of my focus right now was suggested by the author of SketchBlock.

When it's just a little further developed, I intend to offer him a sneak peek, either a look at the autodocs or full access to the project, depending on how involved he might want to see.

That's probably enough to say for now.

apsturk 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 4:16:46
#5 ]

Well this is a good idea Andy. As an owner of Amiga On The Lake I can share that we are planing on offering via a youtube post, to be put up soon an incentive (you all will like) to software developers to help get some things done in the AmigaNG community.

We are going to offer something to encourage people to roll up the sleeves to get it done....

please PM me with any ideas that you have. Things that would be good/useful for a wide range of AmigaOS4.1 users.

apsturk

Last edited by apsturk on 06-Dec-2016 at 04:25 AM.

broadblues 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 11:42:33
#6 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@DC_Edge

Quote:

Ipv6 stack on the x5k just because i'm in network and want to know every single bit of ipv6. Actually 645 lines of code not counting headers and comments.

That's quite an ambitious project!

broadblues 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 11:45:56
#7 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@SACC-dude

Quote:

@DC_Edge

AND... you proved his point!

Well not quite as I think he meant he was working on a ipv6 stack, not asking for one.

Though I really meant this thread for projects people are using existing software and hardware for rather than developing, develeoping is still a form of creativity so not completely off topic.

broadblues 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 11:47:37
#8 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@lylehaze

Quote:

I can say that the project that is getting most of my focus right now was suggested by the author of SketchBlock.

Uh oh!

Quote:

When it's just a little further developed, I intend to offer him a sneak peek, either a look at the autodocs or full access to the project, depending on how involved he might want to see.

Shall look forward to getting plugged in to that

Daedalus 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 15:31:30
#9 ]

@broadblues

I recently built a custom game controller for use with Elite: Dangerous and MS flight Simulator, giving me dedicated switches and buttons for things like lights, undercarriage, autopilot and many other secondary functions instead of trying to remember which keyboard or joystick button was mapped to each function. Details, photos etc. can be found here.

The Amiga connection comes from using AmiCAD on OS4 to draw the schematic AmigaInput also recognises the controller without issues but I haven't used it for any games.

broadblues 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 16:03:44
#10 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Daedalus

Quote:

I recently built a custom game controller for use with Elite: Dangerous and MS flight Simulator, giving me dedicated switches and buttons for things like lights, undercarriage, autopilot and many other secondary functions instead of trying to remember which keyboard or joystick button was mapped to each function. Details, photos etc. can be found here.

Cool!

Quote:

The Amiga connection comes from using AmiCAD on OS4 to draw the schematic AmigaInput also recognises the controller without issues but I haven't used it for any games.

That's great, this is what the thread is about, using Amiga for what is *can* do not grumbling about what it can't. (though prgogress is indeed desirable as well!)

cha05e90 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 16:40:03
#11 ]

@broadblues

Oh, dear - due to lack of time I'm not very creative atm.

But I do just use that things for every day stuff. Just ripped some audio CDs (AmiDVD) yesterday for USB-stick-play in my car and backing them up on my NAS (pftp), while listening my favorite internet radio station via TuneNet. Did the usual internet stuff with Odyssey/OWB (reading/posting here, spend some money via that ominous Amazon and ebay sites), read and wrote e-mails with YAM.

This evening I'll have ...ahem... fun making the usual annual full costs accounting for the family (TurboCalc - maybe migrating to Ignition...).

Sorry, nothing creative.

SACC-dude 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 16:59:06
#12 ]

@broadblues

He also complained that he wanted more memory on emulator...

ilbarbax 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 17:19:28
#13 ]

Actually l"m experimenting something with Hollywood and rapagui.
I'm I'working to a tool, that i need, to manager the costs of my cars. Actually 60% of the development is done, but you know that the last few percentages are the most difficult to achieve.

klx300r 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 22:07:31
#14 ]
Elite Member

My creative Amiga vibes go to Daniel (Daytona) since I'm dreaming of playing Tower 57 on my Amiga hopefully online with other amigans over this Christmas break

oh & personally I'm working on a new level for my favourite AmigaNG top down dungeon crawler 'BOH' to celebrate the latest update and also trying to get a new theme done as well

@ broadblues

track sounds sweet !

@ Daedelus

I'm hoping to get back into Elite Dangerous over the holidays! I'm currently in a Viper MKIV and mostly trading with occosuional bounty hunting. I'm more than happy with the switches on my X52Pro but your setup looks sweet btw, CMDR SeSco

Last edited by klx300r on 06-Dec-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Last edited by klx300r on 06-Dec-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Last edited by klx300r on 06-Dec-2016 at 10:08 PM.

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Zylesea 
Posted on 6-Dec-2016 23:10:16
#15 ]
Elite Member

I am also working on a few Hollywood projects which i write using Cubic/GoldEd and test most of the stuff primarily on my MorphOS machines.
Hollywood is really a great thing - I would never have dreamt of writing e.g. an Android App on my MorphOS systems.

Chris_Y 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 0:14:38
#16 ]
Elite Member

@klx300r

Quote:
I'm hoping to get back into Elite Dangerous over the holidays! I'm currently in a Viper MKIV

I think I have one of those in my A1200.

(Creative-wise, nothing to report - just trying to get NetSurf for OS3 in a slightly more useable state)

klx300r 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 4:42:27
#17 ]
Elite Member

@ Chris_Y:

hehe forgot the M-Tec 1230 was also called a Viper, Amiga references everywhere

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Daedalus 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 8:52:06
#18 ]

@broadblues
Thanks

@klx300r

Quote:

I'm hoping to get back into Elite Dangerous over the holidays! I'm currently in a Viper MKIV and mostly trading with occosuional bounty hunting. I'm more than happy with the switches on my X52Pro but your setup looks sweet btw, CMDR SeSco

Yeah, time is lacking for me too. When I got ED first I spent every spare minute on it, and as a result got nothing done on any other projects for about a year Only get a few hours every so often for it now, but I get on when I can. Currently tend towards smuggling and light bounty hunting in my Cobra III, but have a few other ships stashed away. CMDR Daedalus2097 here o7.

Last edited by Daedalus on 07-Dec-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Samurai_Crow 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 11:34:45
#19 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

I've been updating some AmigaE classes that I wrote when I was teaching Cammy to write code. It's a text adventure framework that can be expanded later to write graphic adventures at some point due to object-oriented programming. This has included some abstract data types such as a 32-item bit set data structure to make it reentrant, and making a hash table data structure able to accept more types as keys than just simple strings.

Massi 
Posted on 7-Dec-2016 16:57:35
#20 ]
Cult Member

@broadblues

I am finalizing my latest work for the demo scene.
It is a demo for the Commodore A500 with OCS chipset, it is written in C language with direct access of the hardware.

It is very much about editing the source code under Notepad++ and then testing under emulation (Amiga Forever / WinUAE) and a couple of real machines as well.

And yes Amiga rules

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle