Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 124 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

kolla

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  11 secs ago
 OneTimer1:  11 mins ago
 BigD:  54 mins ago
 OlafS25:  56 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 5 mins ago
 Frank:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 MickJT:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 A1200:  3 hrs 14 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  M.A.C.E. Progress report?
Register To Post

PosterThread
Overflow 
M.A.C.E. Progress report?
Posted on 19-Dec-2016 2:20:42
#1 ]

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727013167

Its listed for completion 4th quarter 2016, which is coming to an end soon

I realise you have other projects going on like the Emotion Video player, and Toronca 3D game.

Just poking you to see if MACE is still in the pipeline at one point.

http://entwickler-x.de/category/development-blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4GQxrNxq4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAK7wtOxNk

Last edited by Overflow on 19-Dec-2016 at 02:23 AM.
Last edited by Overflow on 19-Dec-2016 at 02:21 AM.
Last edited by Overflow on 19-Dec-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
imagodespira 
Re: M.A.C.E. Progress report?
Posted on 19-Dec-2016 8:14:34
#2 ]

@Overflow

We have deceided to not publish the game before christmas because there are thousands of games in sale in this time and we can not make a sale yet (a steam rule for new games). So first it would be not found, second the users maybe would buy the "better" games in sale.

There is also some work to do on M.A.C.E. :
We wait for some new soundtracks from our musician (not planned but we are happy ;)). Also on gameplay is much to do and some steam integration (Achivements, gift cards...)

So instead of finishing the game until christmas, meanwhile we worked on our other projects.

I am working on 3D graphics for "Toronca (codename)" but it needs more work, no releasedate yet (i think after M.A.C.E. we need 2-3 month)

Frank is coding on Emotion (the whole december in fulltime ;) ).
If nothing bad happens Emotion should arrive in January on www.amiga-shop.net (Alinea Computer) and AmiStore, in both shops as digital download.

Emotion ToDo:
- some optimizations for lower devices (samm440 and classic PPC->UAE)
- some Tooltypes and Menu functions (the prefs stuff -> almost done)

After releasing M.A.C.E. on Steam and finishing Emotion, we also will work on the AmigaOS Update but there not release date yet. It depends how fast i am with the 3D game graphics. If i am ready, Frank has to code some stuff for the 3D Engine... if i am not ready, Frank has time for the Amiga Version of the M.A.C.E. Update.

And all our plans also depends a little bit on money, so it could be that we deceide to to a small mobile game between the projects (but after MACE and Emotion).

Regards,
Thomas

K-L 
Posted on 19-Dec-2016 8:37:38
#3 ]

@imagodespira

Thanks for this report !

Overflow 
Posted on 19-Dec-2016 10:21:57
#4 ]

@imagodespira

Thanks for the comprehensive and quick report

More soundtracks sounds good, but I hope you keep the soundtrack thats originally in the game cause its really brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic-gQQ8C1xI

imagodespira 
Posted on 19-Dec-2016 10:50:47
#5 ]

@Overflow

Yes. We use the sound we have but currently the idea is to play the titles within the levels randomly or place them into levels which are a little bit different.

As the musician is the same, it will be a similar music style.

eliyahu 
Posted on 19-Dec-2016 20:50:39
#6 ]

@imagodespira

i am *so* happy emotion is coming soon. with a X5K and the power to play HD videos, it would be terrific to have a 'just works' video player right now. and, of course, i'm looking forward to toronca, too.

i'll make sure to reserve some holiday cash for amiga software early next year.

-- eliyahu

Rob 
Posted on 19-Dec-2016 21:34:03
#7 ]
Elite Member

@imagodespira

Thanks for the update. I look forward to your new products as always and it's great to hear that Frank is able to work on Emotion full time for this whole month. It sound like going full time and supporting mobile and other products is really paying dividends for your Amiga projects.

jPV 
Posted on 20-Dec-2016 6:30:06
#8 ]
Cult Member

@eliyahu

Quote:

eliyahu wrote:
@imagodespira

it would be terrific to have a 'just works' video player right now.

What's wrong with MPlayer on your use?

imagodespira 
Posted on 20-Dec-2016 8:26:50
#9 ]

@jPV
Nothing is wrong, if you like mplayer... use it!

Our gol is to use as much AmigaOS functions as much.

GUI: Yes, we have one ;) We have Buttons and Menus based on the actual AmigaOS Standards (Reaction + new Menu Class). We don´t want to learn shortcuts and use external GUI with thousands of options just for playing and control a video.

We use compositing based video scaling and YUV accelaration with compositing, video scaling in realtime while window sizing (and not calculating the aspect ration after sizing the window). For composite enabled systems we use the Monitor resolution for Fullscreen instead of switching a screenmode (no monitor switch time)

We ported the newest ffmpeg library and splitted it to some own libraries, so a software can just load the part which is needed which is faster than loading the whole library and saves memory. Also other software can use the opened libraries instead of loading it again (or include it into the software like odyssey which is big as hell from file size/loading time)
The libraries also have a switch for using Altivec or not, no multiple libraries needed for this (it was a big task in ffmpeg itself, this function seems to be included there but does not work, maybe because Altivec is not the main focus for ffmpeg devs anymore (but more infos can give our coder Frank, i just repeat this here ;) )

A new feature is also a recent list, Emotion stores the last 5 videos and can load it again with choosing it on the project menu, it also jumps directly to the place within the video where you stopped it before.

We also have a Filter (on/off) shortcut/menu entry to switch of the hardware filtering. For me as retro/amiga games longplay user a big advantage to see the pixels as they are in a small sized video ;)

It also works fine with older gfx cards with using PIP/Overlay and it works not bad on our AmitaOS 4.1 Classic emulation.

Conclusion:
It is difficult to explain, especially in english ;)
We want to make a decent video player which just works and not only a port from an Linux player because we dont´need just ports, the sense to use AmigaOS in these times is not very big, starting only linux software is not our goal. In 2017 i also expect a simple gui instead of an empty video window (and maybe a Debug window beside).
As we can´t do it without common standards from other worlds like ffmpeg, we want to interpret the functions into a software which fits into our system.
Also a big problem is that much software (not mplayer) is overcomplicated and has much options which often don´t work ore can not be maintained in the rare sparetime of a coder. Emotion is a first step into reducing functions to a working base and not make thousand thinks where only 10 of them are right and bug free. We do not have the luxury on AmigaOS to have thousands programs with functions fully packed functions, currently we ned a new base of just working and finished software, Emotion is a first step from our side to fill the gap (and next year we will do new projects). And beside this, you have the choice to buy it or use other software like mplayer or DVPlayer (last update when???)

@Bob:
Quote:

@imagodespira

Thanks for the update. I look forward to your new products as always and it's great to hear that Frank is able to work on Emotion full time for this whole month. It sound like going full time and supporting mobile and other products is really paying dividends for your Amiga projects.

We accept less money, which is not always easy to do this because making games for the other platforms is not the big money maker for us ;) As written in my first post here, Frank has currently the time because i am working on 3D stuff and MACE has to wait a bit. Over the year, the work on Emotion has eaten around 6 Month of time (in working days if Frank´s spare time comes above). Not a good economic basis ;)

kas1e 
Posted on 20-Dec-2016 10:52:12
#10 ]
Elite Member

@jpv

On os4 we have mess with mplayers: We have 3 or 4 versions already, which almost the same , but one have normal gui (port from morphos's version), another one have driver for compositing, both of them have little quirks and little problems there and there, as well as they both unmantained and code of decoders outdated.

Better to have one single normal player of good quality, which mantained by one man, and will just works without needs to dig in to anything. That can be DVPlayer back in past, but that unmantained anymore, so, what do amiboing's guys for sure right and good.

Overflow 
Posted on 17-Mar-2017 3:04:14
#11 ]

http://store.steampowered.com/app/555280/?snr=1_620_4_1402_47

I just got email from steam regarding this, and it was released TODAY (17th March).
Its windows based, but considering EntwicklerX is heavily involved with Amiga, its worth reminding about its availability.

imagodespira 
Posted on 17-Mar-2017 6:41:41
#12 ]

Yes, it is done ;)

We are very happy to have the M.A.C.E. version for windows finished and published today!

As you know, it is a completely reworked version (internal called "Remastered" version). I have repainted all graphics while Frank was porting the game to windows. Then we have new Enemies and a new weapon system (weapon switch while playint), a level progress bar and also a game progress.
The new version also has new background graphics and more variations in it.
The gameplay in the original version was a little bit boring on some parts (first world), with the new enemies, new weapon system and new weapons, we hope that we are now on the right way to bring the game to a "final" quality ;)

We also plan an Update for AmigaOS but it could need some time (other important projects and much work with the update). There also may some problems to solve, the game now uses around 560MB gfx memory while AmigaOS only can handle 256 (and less on Radeon 9xxx gfx cards). So maybe we have to reduce and optimize on some parts, a lot of work and only the hope that it will work. So please stay tuned and wait ;) As we have at least a working MACE version now on AmigaOS, maybe other AmigaOS Projects have to be first (also because the MACE Update will be free of charge for current MACE Customers and we have to focus a little bit of our income... thats also why we really need the steam version ;))

If you want help us, it would be nice to buy and rate the game in the steam system. Maybe good reviews could help us a little bit. Currently the game is 40% off (a week), end price should be around 3,60$/€ now. As written in the first post here, greenlight helpers can send us an email to get a steam code (but give us a little bit time, we don´t know yet how to get some keys).

At last: Many thanks for supporting us, also with our AmigaOS Projects. The reworked version of M.A.C.E. is also based on many AmigaOS User suggestions and feedback of the AmigaOS version. As we only two people in the EntwicklerX team, no game will be perfect. We have our limits in time and skills and learn from every projects to the next.

The steam Link again, thanks for looking at it:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/555280/?snr=1_620_4_1402_47

Templario 
Posted on 17-Mar-2017 9:11:44
#13 ]
Elite Member

@imagodespira
MorphOS version?

Overflow 
Posted on 17-Mar-2017 9:31:51
#14 ]

@imagodespira

Purchased, played and reviewed (positive).

Amigo1 
Posted on 17-Mar-2017 11:14:29
#15 ]

@imagodespira

I just watched the linked youtube video of Emotion player and since I bought two versions of it (AmiStore and from Dealer) I was wondering why none of them had the nice looking splash screen as in the video, and the Application icons seems different too.

Not a complain, just curious.

g01df1sh 
Posted on 17-Mar-2017 11:17:40
#16 ]

@imagodespira

Hi just purchased steam windows version. hurry up A1222 I then get Amiga version

Wii with Amiga emulation
Vampire v4 SA

Amigo1 
Posted on 17-Mar-2017 13:03:29
#17 ]

@imagodespira

Purchased M.A.C.E. w in dows version too.. this will brake your statistics on platform/usage!!

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 17-Mar-2017 21:32:23
#18 ]
Elite Member

@imagodespira

Any plans for an OSX version? I'm afraid I don't use Windows much these days.

Rob 
Posted on 18-Mar-2017 15:48:49
#19 ]
Elite Member

@imagodespira

I spotted the video on Youtube a few days ago. It's looking better than the old version and that looked great itself. I wish you luck and hope it does well on steam.

@Templario

Quote:
MorphOS version?

Their time is limited so they concentrate their Amigoid efforts on OS4.1.

imagodespira 
Posted on 1-May-2017 18:38:49
#20 ]

Hello,
sorry for the late reply. Very busy in non AmigaOS and AmigaOS stuff ;)

Thanks all for purchasing and rating the game, it helps us a lot! Sales are decent but we expected that. Bbut we are happy to have a first release on Steam (because we need some new, big platforms). Currently M.A.C.E. is in an Indie game bundle, so if you don´t have the game yet and want to have some other indie games on top... feel free and try the bundle:

https://www.indiegala.com/hump

For MorphOS: Our Focus and "hobby" is AmigaOS. The work on our projects eats all of our time, we try to get the best out of our limits (hardware, os, skills, time) so it is not possible for us to join into MorphOS development. We have to concentrate to our AmigaOS work but it has nothing to do with "hating MorphOS or else ;) We are bound in AmigaOS and do our best here. Before i had around 8 years no Amiga System, if Frank came with an MorphOS Computer and ask to make games... we maybe would support this instead of AmigaOS ...

@Rob:
ThomasQuote:
I spotted the video on Youtube a few days ago. It's looking better than the old version and that looked great itself. I wish you luck and hope it does well on steam.

We have rebuilt all graphics, have a new weapon system and overworked levels. We are happy that we did it because we knew that some things are not as good as we wanted for this game. An AmigaOS version is on our plan, but we need some time for our other projects before (most because time and the need of money...).

NonTopic: We are working hard on our first 3D game, also an AmigaOS Nova (maybe only Nova) version is in the work since M.A.C.E and Emotion where finished. While i am working on the graphics, Frank is coding and optimizing the engine.

A short new video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxgQVKKeKY

Current technical features we use: Multitexturing, MipMapping, anistropic filtering, fog, some specular lightning, depth of field (blur..., hardware eater ;) ).

Thanks for your support (maybe a post in another thread is nice???).

Regards,

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle