Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 114 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Rob

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  4 mins ago
 matthey:  8 mins ago
 amigakit:  28 mins ago
 corb0:  34 mins ago
 zipper:  34 mins ago
 kolla:  37 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 8 mins ago
 ktadd:  2 hrs 18 mins ago
 MichaelMerkel:  2 hrs 52 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  Amiga 600 CF drive
Register To Post

PosterThread
kmoorman 
Amiga 600 CF drive
Posted on 2-Jun-2018 0:04:28
#1 ]

I have an Amiga 600 that has had its harddrive replaced with an internal CF card. It worked fine when I first installed it a few months ago. However, I haven't used the machine in a few weeks. Now, it does not recognize the card. It boots fine off the disk drive but no "hard" drive shows up.

Any thoughts? I opened her up and made sure it all looked good.

kenny

Profile     Report this post  
Drewlio77 
Re: Amiga 600 CF drive
Posted on 2-Jun-2018 18:51:29
#2 ]
Cult Member

@kmoorman

Try re-seating the CF card in the adapter. Make sure the IDE cable if firmly connected to the CF Adapter and A600 motherboard. Removing the IDE cable and re-attaching it to the CF Adapter and Motherboard, observing PIN 1 may be a good idea as well. When turned on, there should be a power LED on the CF adapter that will be lit when your A600 is powered on. An Activity LED should also light shortly after once the Amiga tries to boot from it.

Drewlio77

Last edited by Drewlio77 on 02-Jun-2018 at 06:55 PM.

kmoorman 
Posted on 27-Jun-2018 18:41:19
#3 ]

@Drewlio77

Thanks for the ideas. Reseating didn't change anything (multiple times).

I do not see any LED on the adapter, are there some without any? Certainly, nothing lights up.

No activity on the keyboard disk light.

If I hold both mouse buttons down, I get the boot menu to select between df0 and cc0. If I select
cc0, I get the insert WB screen.

Booting with WB2.1 or Install2.1 doesn't reveal any icon for the hard drive and the HDTools show
nothing.

Finally, on my Ubuntu 16 system, the CF card shows up with all the Amgia partitions. I also tried the card in the adaptor hooked up to an external USB harness on Ubuntu and it showed up fine as well.

So, I don't have thoughts moving forward.

kenny

scuzz 
Posted on 27-Jun-2018 19:21:00
#4 ]

@kmoorman

Should perform just like a hard drive and the hard drive light should flicker as the drive is activated. You do not have a hard drive volume showing on your list. You should see DH0 and DH1 say. CC0 is not the CF card. Can you boot from floppy and use the tool SysInfo. That will tell you if the card is mounted by looking at the drives. And for the record CC0 doesn't appear on the list in SysInfo as a drive.

Also if you have the HD install disk for the 600 and run the HDToolbox I assume that would also pick up the CF card. Don't use them myself though I do have a 600 with one... ' dull as soup ' Sorry.

Good luck.

scuzz

_Steve_ 
Posted on 27-Jun-2018 19:51:55
#5 ]
Team Member

@kmoorman

CC0: on the 1200 (and I believe 600 as well) is the reference to the PCMCIA slot.

If the CF card when connected to the device you use to hook it up to the Amiga IDE port isn't displaying anything, but the CF card itself is still working fine, then there is the possibility of either your IDE port having trouble, or the CF card hardware having a fault.

If you are able to hook the card reader and CF card up to a dock connected to your Ubuntu system, you could try seeing if the hardware and card show up in say a linux version of UAE to try eliminating that as the cause of your issue on the Amiga.

I have used WinUAE to configure many SD card devices to use under UAE or on real hardware (my last effort was to restore a backup I made of my old Amiga 2.5GB Seagate IDE drive which died to a 16GB SD card) to put back into my 4000.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle