Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 138 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  16 secs ago
 A1200:  20 mins ago
 OlafS25:  34 mins ago
 outlawal2:  54 mins ago
 AndreasM:  57 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 43 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Questions for AmiWest 2018 Exhibitors/Presenters
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
number6 
Questions for AmiWest 2018 Exhibitors/Presenters
Posted on 5-Oct-2018 15:37:47
#1 ]
Elite Member

Questions for AmiWest 2018 Exhibitors/Presenters

Until such time as the list of presenters (stage presentations) is published, we'll have to stick to the exhibitor list.

Contents of this thread will be in the hands of AmiWest. It will be their decision based on content/duplication etc. as to which questions are asked at the show as a supplement fo questions from show attendees.

The way you can best support your friends, companies, and representatives at the show starts with you. Please put some thought into your wording and ask questions in a serious manner.

Please post your questions in the format:

@name of exhibitor from the list below
[question]

This is essentially a copy of the information on the following listed page.
Further information on the exhibitors with clickable links: http://amiwest.net/
I'll monitor this list for any changes/additions.

AmiWest exhibitors:

Sacramento Amiga Computer Club
Sponsors of AmiWest since its founding in 1998 by SACC club members. The Amiga show on the West Coast of the U.S. and venue for the Amiga community gathering in the United States from all points on the planet. We have counted many Amiga luminaries among our members, among them the legendary Jay Miner. We currently maintain the Jay Miner memorial software library.

AMUC
Amiga Users of Calgary, Canada, has been organized and active since 1999. Thank you for sponsoring AmiWest and keeping the flame alive in Canada! See their page link above for information on their AmiJam show.

A-EON Technology, Ltd.
New AMIGAone hardware company bringing the Amiga X1000 and X5000 with dual-core PPC CPU and custom Xena chips to market.

AmigaKit
World #1 Amiga hardware and software dealer for Amiga classic and emerging Amiga platforms, including A-Cube SAM series and A-EON X1000 and (soon!) X5000..

AmiWest broadcast
Broadcasting Amiga shows for 20 years from all over North America. The technology has envolved from just IRC to IRC and Webcam to IRC, Webcam, and Streaming Audio, to IRC, Webcam, Audio, and Video. Tune in to see and hear the show live with real time Video Toaster effects.

Amiga On The Lake
Amiga On The Lake, "The First Primarily "Amiga New Generation" Reseller on Planet Earth!" (other planets pending ), will be ably represented by owner Aaron Smith and company at AmiWest 2018. Talk to him about all the new Amiga NG offerings for both hardware and software! Thanks for supporting Amiga Future Forward!

Amiga Apps
Amiga experts show AmigaOS applications and configurations for the 21st century! You won't want to miss what these guys are bringing!

Inertial Computing
Inertial Computing exhibits again at AmiWest 2018, celebrating 33 years of Amiga. Exhibitor Alex Perez, long-time AmiWest Broadcast member and AmigaOS beta-tester and developer, is bringing his exhibit to AmiWest 2018. "Inertial Computing is a Silicon-valley based think [tank] dedicated to developing and engaging the Amiga hardware and software development community and enabling creative re-use of what others may consider antiquated and/or obsolete computer technology." Inertial will also be selling the new SCSI25DB adapters, adapting the old SCSI interface to a micro SD card. And there's several other projects as well! You've got to come see it all at AmiWest!

Bay Area Retrocomputing Club
BARCC is a NEW retro computing club in the San Francisco Bay Area supporting AmiWest 2018. Whatever retro machine interests you (Sinclair, TRS-80, C64, and more) you are welcome. It's a "big tent." See their site for more info on meetings and come talk to them at AmiWest 2018.

Bit By Bit Software Group
From their website: "BITbyBIT Software Group LLC was formed in November of 2003 by Jamie Krueger as a new software development company dedicated to producing high quality software for the latest release of the AmigaOS4(tm) operating system, AmigaOS4(tm). The primary focus of the company is to bring a new level of professional software development tools, in an easy to use graphical environment, to the AmigaOS4(tm) platform. This software development suite is called AVD." Come see AVD and talk with Jamie at AmiWest 2018!

SACC guy
SACC Guy returns for AmiWest 2018 as one of our two SACC member exhibitors. He is actually one of the founders of AmiWest. He has many things to say about Amiga and is a very engaging conversationalist as well as a major X5000 beta tester. Come see his table at AmiWest 2018!

Ascil Amiga Tech
Retro computer tech Paul Rezendes will be at AmiWest 2018! He is bringing new projects that you won't want to miss! Be sure to see his table!

Chris Brenner, engineer
Chris Brenner, returning SACC member and hardware engineer, has been wow-ing us at SACC with new hardware running old games - in 1080P resolution! You've got to see what he is bringing to AmiWest 2018.

Infocessories
Infocessories, the Amiga REBOL community presenting the Relative Expression-Based Object Language by Carl Sassenrath. We will also have accessories (mice, accelerator boards, etc.) for your classic Amiga for sale. There might even be a computer or two for you to purchase. Come visit our table.

Last edited by number6 on 05-Oct-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
deadduckni 
Re: Questions for AmiWest 2018 Exhibitors/Presenters
Posted on 5-Oct-2018 20:44:31
#2 ]

@number6

Shame there’s no @Hyperion, so I could ask what the feck are you doing with AmigaOS4? Is it dead, dying or abandoned?

matthey 
Posted on 5-Oct-2018 21:42:40
#3 ]

deadduckni wrote:
Shame there’s no @Hyperion, so I could ask what the feck are you doing with AmigaOS4? Is it dead, dying or abandoned?

The link mentions Hyperion.

"Saturday at 10 AM the show opens with presentation by one of the sponsors. The show floor will contain items for sale from AmigaKit covering Classic Amigas and Next Generation Amiga systems. Hyperion is present showing the latest developments of AmigaOS 4. A-Eon will be showing the latest in hardware developments. Other Amiga related companies come to show their products and interact with the community directly. In addition to the commercial exhibitors AmiWest also hosts users groups and individuals. These folks travel to the show on their own funds to share their excitement for the Amiga and Amiga-compatible systems such as AmigaOS 4, AROS, MorphOS, and Emulators."

"The DevCon at Amiwest is a very special event that brings together some of the top AmigaOS Developers directly to Amiga users and Amiga application developers. The seminar is designed to enlighten and educate all comers on how to create quality software for our favorite platform. For the 7th annual 2018 Programming Seminar, Hyperion Developer Team Lead Steven Solie will continue as lead instructor, assisted by other knowledgeable Amiga programmers."

The event would be a good place to announce that Hyperion has been acquired by one of the sponsors.

Edit: Hyperion is now on the sponsor list for this year.
Edit2: The first quote has disappeared from the http://amiwest.net/ website.

Last edited by matthey on 09-Oct-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Last edited by matthey on 07-Oct-2018 at 08:41 PM.

number6 
Posted on 5-Oct-2018 22:52:50
#4 ]
Elite Member

@matthey

as you can see it keeps coming and going

Was confirmed removed at one point.

Still not on the exhibitor or presenter lists.
If that happens, I'll add it back.

amigakit 
Posted on 5-Oct-2018 23:45:02
#5 ]
Amiga Kit

I have been attending Amiwest for over a decade and the only time Hyperion attended in that period was in 2010 with the Friedan brothers and Ben Hermans. AFAIK the will not be attending this year either.

TrevorDick 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 0:04:24
#6 ]
Elite Member

@amigakit

You are correct, although Steven Solie, as the AmigaOS 4 Team Lead has represented Hyperion at previous Amiga shows. Presumably he will do the same again this year?

Steven, over to you

TrevorD

Last edited by TrevorDick on 06-Oct-2018 at 12:05 AM.

ssolie 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 0:17:57
#7 ]
Elite Member

@TrevorDick
Quote:

Steven, over to you

I know nothing and I can prove it.

Seriously though, I stressed the importance of AmiWest representation to those who can do something about it. We are all waiting to see what Hyperion decides to do regarding representation including me at this point in time.

amigasociety 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 1:00:27
#8 ]
Cult Member

@ssolie

Last edited by amigasociety on 06-Oct-2018 at 01:01 AM.
Last edited by amigasociety on 06-Oct-2018 at 01:01 AM.

TrevorDick 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 3:14:19
#9 ]
Elite Member

@ssolie

Quote:

I've always wondered about that!

TrevorD

sundown 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 18:06:21
#10 ]
Elite Member

@TrevorDick

Quote:
I've always wondered about that!

Come on Trevor, you should know why by now. He keeps all his info in his pants & we all know Steven doesn't wear pants at the show...

Tuxedo 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 18:23:10
#11 ]
Elite Member

@number6

every year less things... and less development

And less things doable with AmigaOS4...

EDIT:

also that was disappointing:

http://imagefx.amistore.net/ (and all other excpet AmiStore links was dead)

Last edited by Tuxedo on 06-Oct-2018 at 06:25 PM.

deadduckni 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 19:50:10
#12 ]

Looks like a simple hosting error.
Given A-Eons good track record of delivering product, it’s unfair to draw any parallel between them and Hyperion.

Last edited by deadduckni on 06-Oct-2018 at 07:52 PM.

number6 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 20:22:48
#13 ]
Elite Member

@Tuxedo

I can relate.

22 pages of threads about ifx on amiga.org as one example. ( I just checked )

But it's not like certain companies were not informed of an opportunity to do something with it.
I can only surmise there are reasons that have nothing to do with supplying product.

SACC-dude 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 21:49:04
#14 ]

@thread

should we be...

KennyR wrote:

But in the end, who really cares. AmiWest broadcasts are forty-five minutes of listening to people having problems setting up presentations or the hotel wifi, followed by several hours of filming empty chairs at the sound of people talking in the distance. And if you're really lucky, a presentation you can either see or hear but never both.

It really should be put out of its misery. It was sad 15 years ago. Now it's worse.

@kennyR
Thank you your kind words.
As one of the co-founders of AmiWest..

I'm sorry that you find us ready to be put down. (ouch) really?
I want you to know that our little user group endeavor is all voluntary and the little
budget we have is mostly to pay the hotel and it's services (i.e. net access)

WE know that this is not the broadcast quality our many followers want,
But it is what we can afford.
You could, if you wish, bring your knowledge and resources to help,
and make our little show better.

sacc-

RobertB 
Posted on 6-Oct-2018 22:37:36
#15 ]

KennyR wrote:
Quote:
But in the end, who really cares.

Those with an interest in Amiga.
Quote:
AmiWest broadcasts are forty-five minutes of listening to people having problems setting up presentations or the hotel wifi...

Having a live webcam all the time means capturing the good moments (like the presentations) and the mundane moments (when nothing is really happening except for technical problems).
Quote:
...followed by several hours of filming empty chairs at the sound of people talking in the distance.

Again another mundane moment. Just like watching any other, 24-hour, live webcam from any other location in the world. Of course, like any other live webcam, you are free to walk away (and hopefully, you won't miss anything.)
Quote:
And if you're really lucky, a presentation you can either see or hear but never both.

If you cannot see/hear it on the webcam, then wait for the high-def video to be posted (which will be done this year, thank goodness).

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

lylehaze 
Posted on 7-Oct-2018 2:55:06
#16 ]

@ssolie

Quote:

Sir, I believe you have my credentials there.

I have said it before, the couple years I was able to visit AmiWest were big deals. As was mentioned, it's not a corporate event. It's a VERY dedicated local Amiga club who devote a great amount of time, money, and equipment to make this event all it has become. But what really makes AmiWest is the people you'll meet there. Putting faces to the names you've heard of. Learning the voices behind the words, and becoming part of the party.
Oh, it's a party all right. it's three (or six, for developers) continuous days and nights of learning, talking, eating, drinking (if you are inclined to do so), joking, laughing, sharing stories, discussing what has come, and what might be coming next.
It's networking. Want to rub elbows with the people that are making things happen? Youi'll find them there. Ever met Trevor? He's one of the nicest people I have ever met. I have no doubt that his successes are directly related to how well he interacts with the people around him. Steve? He takes a lot of heat from some folks online, but if you've ever had breakfast with him, you'll know that he's simply doing all he can (and a good bit more than most realize) to keep things moving in the right direction.
One I will miss meeting this year is Hans DeRuiter. I've been working on Radeon audio again, and a few late night talks around the pool would have really helped.

It's quite an event. The sort of thing that changes your outlook in a good way.

It's not six hundred strangers, it's sixty good friends.

I'm talking too much. Amiwest.. Highly reccommended

Lyle

BigD 
Posted on 7-Oct-2018 8:55:34
#17 ]
Elite Member

@AmigaKit

Is the clockport on the Prisma Megamix able to run a Rapid Road USB card on a Zorro 3 Big Box Amiga? If not are there any plans to get this working?

Quote:
It is dual interface, being both Zorro II and clockport so it can be installed in a big box Amiga with Zorro II/III slots or installed in an A1200 Tower with a clockport cable.

Specifications
* Clockport and Zorro II interfaces (if operated in Zorro II slot, clockport can be used for compatible add-on cards)

Last edited by BigD on 07-Oct-2018 at 09:08 AM.

SimplePPC 
Posted on 7-Oct-2018 9:19:27
#18 ]

@matthey

I have been a little busy with other non Amiga related word and i forgot about that invoice. Anyway i'm pleased to inform we did our 'little part' a couple of days ago :)

dan.hutch 
Posted on 7-Oct-2018 10:09:12
#19 ]
Cult Member

@number6

A few questions:

@A-EON Technology, Ltd.
Will there be a custom case case for the A1222 in the style of the X1000 and X5000? Fractal make some smart looking ITX cubes

@AmigaKit
Will you be stocking the AmigaONE keyboards and mice again?

@Amiga Apps
Any tips for speeding up web browsing with Odyssey on the Sam460?
What is your favourite OS4 app and why?

amigakit 
Posted on 7-Oct-2018 10:19:27
#20 ]
Amiga Kit

@dan.hutch

No, we do not have any plans to stock AmigaOne keyboards and mice.

We have instead new USB / PS2 mice here which are very popular:

http://amigakit.amiga.store/product_info.php?products_id=1329

Last edited by amigakit on 07-Oct-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle