Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 115 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  26 mins ago
 vox:  31 mins ago
 matthey:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 mbrantley:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 FerruleMedia:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 25 mins ago
 Dragster:  2 hrs 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  Enhancer Software Graphic Upgrade
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Derfs 
Re: Enhancer Software Graphic Upgrade
Posted on 30-Nov-2018 18:06:12
#41 ]
Cult Member

@Gregor

Quote:

Gregor wrote:
@All

Quote:
@amigakit

I just purchased the Enhancer Graphic Upgrade :). No problems with paying, and downloading the package worked ok, too. But when I tried to install it with the script included, there was some error when it came to the RadeonRX driver, and the installation of it was not performed.

I also noticed that the installed RadeonHD driver was still v. 2.22, and checked that the RadeonHD.chip file included in the downloaded package has indeed that version number (size 1710768, date 24-Apr-18).

When I then opened Updater and logged in, it stated that I would have the v. 3 RadeonHD already installed. When I chose it and tried to download, I got an error message saying this account has no right to download it... Strange, isn't it?

AmigatKit neglected this question, but could other users please confirm whether (or not) they have the same problems I have described above...? Thank you!

Regadrs,

Gregor

Use the 'My Purchases' tab in Updater to download the new drivers and install them. If you do not see the 'Enhancer Software Graphic Upgrade' in the list then Updater thinks that you have not bought it.

Profile     Report this post  
Gregor 
Posted on 30-Nov-2018 21:22:32
#42 ]

@Derfs
Quote:
Use the 'My Purchases' tab in Updater to download the new drivers and install them. If you do not see the 'Enhancer Software Graphic Upgrade' in the list then Updater thinks that you have not bought it.

As said, I _already_ downloaded the whole package via Amistore... But the installer script was not able to finish the installation (an error message and exit when it tried to install RadeonRX driver - it had to be copied manually!).

The whole package is also visible, downloadable and shown to be installed in 'My purchases' tab in Updater:

Name Category Local Remote Status
Drivers Enhancer Software Graphics 2.0 2.0 Installed

But if I go to the 'System' tab in Updater, and choose/tick any of these new Radeon drivers and try to download it, the process is interrupted with this type of error message:

"RadeonHD.chip(v3) is not enabled for download on this Amisphere account"

Isn't there some problem in the system if I am allowed to download the whole package but not a single component of it...?

Regards,

Gregor

wlemonds 
Posted on 30-Nov-2018 23:47:56
#43 ]

@Gregor

I had this same problem. I found that the installer was looking for a directory in Libs: called Warp3D or Warp3DNova which I didn't have. Once I made that directory the installer ran with no errors.

I think the updater might be looking for that directory too.

Anonymous 
Posted on 30-Nov-2018 23:58:53
# ]

@Gregor

Quote:

Isn't there some problem in the system if I am allowed to download the whole package but not a single component of it...?

Nope, that's the way it works with AmigaKit.

You bought the package and got a license for whats in it, but you are not allowed to download the RadeonHD(v3) driver solely, because you didn't pay for it.
e.g. you got the package which has RadeonHD(v3) v3.0 in it. (I don't really know what the actual version is)

The sole RadeonHD(v3) driver is on par with your version (right now, because they were more or less published at the same time.)
Once that RadeonHD(v3) driver (the sole one) gets an update though, chances are that you have to pay for it again to get the update.
(Because the driver was updated, but not your package)

At least that's what happened to me with the Standard Edition of Enhancer and RadeonHD(v2) which i'm stuck with v2.10, because i haven't paid for v2.20 (the sole driver) and i really don't see the need anymore anyway.

Report this post  
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle