Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 131 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

cdimauro

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 cdimauro:  30 secs ago
 retrofaza:  27 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 Seiya:  4 hrs 30 mins ago
 matthey:  4 hrs 51 mins ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 2 mins ago
 vox:  6 hrs 6 mins ago
 kolla:  7 hrs ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Emulation
      /  Armiga Project - Listing on eBy - A Quick Review
Register To Post

PosterThread
Drewlio77 
Armiga Project - Listing on eBy - A Quick Review
Posted on 17-Dec-2018 18:38:44
#1 ]
Cult Member

Hi,

I came across an Armiga Project sale on eBay. It's basically an Amiga 500/1200 Emulator based on an ARM Processor in a 3D printed case. You can buy (or should I say could buy from their store) the Floppy or non-floppy version. I thought I would add a mini-review here and a warning.

The sale price in the below link is a bit on the high side (roughly 2x the original price) but alas, this is the state of Amiga related hardware on eBay of late.

Armiga

I purchased the Floppy version about two years ago. The Floppy is used to convert non-copy protected disks into ADFs. So needless to say, it wont have much use on that front for most Amiga Floppy based games, although you can add your own ADF images via a mico-SD card of via Ethernet/Networking.

Emulation at best is hit and miss. Many of my ADF images will not work properly or at all. The compatibility got worse after the A1200 emulation was added to the firmware, which is odd since the A500 Emulation is separate form the 1200's. On a side note, it can run the Android OS if you so desire (I am not sure what version but it does come installed).

In short, I would not recommend buying the Armiga today. There has not been a Firmware/Software update for over a year and no units are currently available on their Website. I am not sure if they will ever be back in stock. they are made in-house.

Except for the Floppy version looking pretty cool and very Amiga-ish, I would recommend other Emulation platforms or hardware over the Armiga. My unit has been sulking in my closet for the past 6 months. It had a lot of potential, but it appears development has ceased.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone the best of the Holiday Season.

Drewlio77

Profile     Report this post  
BruceRigney 
Re: Armiga Project - Listing on eBy - A Quick Review
Posted on 14-Mar-2021 13:38:56
#2 ]

Loop for the natural way is fit for the terms for humans. All the joys of the field and paper writers are inducted for the individuals. Paths refunded for the flow of the measured items for the citizens for the skilled labor for all features for humans.

zipper 
Re: Armiga Project - Listing on eBy - A Quick Review
Posted on 14-Mar-2021 14:06:03
#3 ]

Report button doesn't work...

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle