Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 151 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  57 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 DWolfman:  2 hrs 5 mins ago
 cncparts:  3 hrs 38 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  4 hrs 24 mins ago
 Beajar:  4 hrs 43 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 46 mins ago
 agami:  5 hrs 49 mins ago
 RobertB:  6 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  SketchBlock Professional Version 3.2 Now on AmiStore
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
kas1e 
Re: SketchBlock Professional Version 3.2 Now on AmiStore
Posted on 12-Mar-2019 10:46:02
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Trixie

Yeah, i for sure will pay for features.

@Broadblues

Is there ability to make palette window be and reacts the same as mains ones such as layers, tools and main window ? What i mean, to make it active as window when i press on it, and to have ability to show it right at startup, and , to have ability to use "snapshoot" feature to put palette window where i need it and of size i need.

Profile     Report this post  
broadblues 
Posted on 12-Mar-2019 13:09:02
#22 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@kas1e

Quote:

1). color wheel. That reaction based color wheel suck hard. Too small, to hard to pick necessary color in fast way. Yes, there is "advanced color selection", but it all on sliders, so you can't just pick color you need in fast way, like just pure RED right now.

There is the palette window for that. Which I assume you've now discovered due to your later question.

It can't curently be snapshotted I'm afraid, though I could add that for certain.

If you want it open at the start you could add

'LOADPALETTE "palettes/kas1e.skpal"'
'OPENPALETTE'

to the Rexx/startup/rexx script.

It's intentionally a toolbar window so that you can select colours with out loseing the focus on the sketch window whilst painting. I'm not sure why you would want it otherwise, there is nothing else you can do wth it.

I have alonger term plan to make a colour gadget similar to GIMP colour rectangle, but that's a complex job so hasn't been done yet.

Quote:

2). brushes size selection (edit brush attributes). It is "+ -" now, which is also not a fast way to choice. Can be cool if there will be sliders, and you can see in realtime real size of the choice brush. I.e. you let's say choice "PinMan" brush, choice "edit brush attributes", and there can be sliders , not just + -, and at bottom of window realtime look of the choice size. So you can know how it will looks.

Hang on a minute are sliders good or bad

Remeber if you want a preview of the current brush size then enable the outline or solid options in the paint tool .

You can also adjust brush size as you go using the comma and period keys to step up and down.

broadblues 
Posted on 12-Mar-2019 13:19:05
#23 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@kas1e

Quote:

@broadblues
Ability to easy select some area of the layer on which you works, and then just move / delete / resize selected area (on the same layers), are really big miss. If it can be implemented as main tool (like paint, erase, etc), then it can be very nice. At moment i doing it via rectangle select, then pressing space, and then via "earse" tool manually delete area which was selected. But if it possible to just select area, and press "del", to delete it, that will help

You need to stop thining in 1980s terms. It's a layered based program for a reason. Working with layers is far more powerful. Even in GIMP when you drag a selected area, whilst the tool is integrated, it creates temporary layer that you need to anchor when you are happy with the end result. Similar with photoshop (I think haven't used it in a while).

Having said that I do need to add a simple Layer from selection script that will shrink fit the new layer to the selected area. In fact the Copy Selection script does this but discards the temporary layer.

broadblues 
Posted on 7-Jun-2019 14:05:39
#24 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@broadblues

Some new on SketchBlock development.

I've added an experimantal "texture" feature. Any layer in the application can now be used as a texture which can modoify the way the paintool (an later the filter plugins) works.

Depending on the settings it can act as a clone tool painting the image into the destination stroke by stroke, see the image on the left below or interact with the brush alpha to give the impression of painting on canvas etc. see right below.

Click through to get higher res version in my gallery.

Also added a small filter plugin that erase the destination layer (either to background color or to zero alpha depending on the layer settings) by itsef this is a bit useless as it deletes the whole layers contents, but combined with the selection tools it can be used to 'erase' slected areas of the image.

Doing this revealed a problem with the way masking as working with the filterplugins. The mask was multiplying the alpha value of the image output from the filter, but this meant the filter output could never erase the alpha of the destination, This also applied to rotation / translation / scaling of layers with alpha when a mask was active. Also a bug was caught where the zero alpha output would create divide by zero errors. Resuling in black areas that could not be over painted, effectively the Nan (not a number float value) becaome Not a Colour! This is now fixed.

These features will be available free to existing SketchBlock Pro customers as part of the 3.3 update due soon.

(SketchBlock is available from AmiStore)

Last edited by broadblues on 07-Jun-2019 at 02:07 PM.

broadblues 
Posted on 7-Jun-2019 14:10:07
#25 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@broadblues

Here's my latest 'doodle'

Click Through to see higher res version via my gallery

Last edited by broadblues on 07-Jun-2019 at 02:10 PM.

kas1e 
Posted on 8-Jun-2019 10:56:40
#26 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

Looks and sounds cool as usuall.

Btw, did you by any luck meet with the bug i meet from time to time : when you create few times some new sketches , and use "undo" a lot, then, at some point undo stop reacts till you not make main scetch active. I.e. you can press let's say 10 undo, and visually will see nothing, but when you will make main scetch active, then all those 10 undos appears.

From the fresh start all works correctly, i.e. one undo and you see on main scetch how it undos. But then at some point (i didn't find pattern at moment) undo stop reacts in realtime, and only happens when you make main scetch active. Like it collect some events and busy-loop them till you not make main area active

broadblues 
Posted on 8-Jun-2019 18:17:05
#27 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@kas1e

I haven't seen that. It sounds like the arexx events are being queued. Making the window active would send an signal to the main event loop and so might alllow sketchblock to process pending event. I've never seen this occur though. ARexx has it's own signal ofcourse.

I will chack the events loop to make sure I'm not doing anything dumb! (like not handling all messages in a queue before looping again).

broadblues 
Posted on 8-Jun-2019 19:28:29
#28 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@broadblues

Nothing obvious in the event loop. Will need the specific circumstances for this to happen.

broadblues 
Posted on 8-Jun-2019 20:21:50
#29 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@kas1e

I just reproduced your issue. The UNDO / REDO *is* taking place but for some reson the DISPLAYPROJECT is not being sent. So the results of the UNDO are not visible till you do something that triggers theproject to display.

Only happens if more than one project window is open and both windows are inactive. (Clicking the undo button will deactivate the window if you don't have toolbar window options on).

Doesn't always happen.

broadblues 
Posted on 8-Jun-2019 20:45:26
#30 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@broadblues

Haha! Found it. The random varaiable was the number of undo objects (or any other kind to fair). If lot of undo steps were added to the buffer then the ID of the next new window would creap over 1000

So instead of

DISPLAYPROJECT PRJID 999 DAMAGE

you got

DISPLAYPROJECT PRJID 1000 DAMAG

oops!

Bumped the size of the temp buffers used for this function so bug now fixed.

kas1e 
Posted on 11-Jun-2019 9:32:59
#31 ]
Elite Member

@broadblues

Quote:

Haha! Found it.

Oh cool , thanks ! Not that issue was very problem one, but still .

As i almost everyday draw something with my son via sketchblock, and all things are basic, we use palettes a lot, and found some little moments which can be good to have (but not _that_ important of course):

1). snapshooting of palette window

2). maybe a little better palette's colors regrouping when resize palette's window. I.e. resize colors in palette window somehow to they will looks better. For example now if you load palette, and resize that window, colors in it then not regroups, but just resizes as whole window.

For example if you have load "spread.skpl" palette, to have it looks fine you need to resize whole window horisontaly a lot. As if you will resize it vertically, then all colors in palette resizies only vertically, and to see all colors normally you still need big horizontal resizing.

Btw, need to add that Sketchblock is pretty stable at moment. We through didn't use layers at moment, only usuall "new / load palette / draw things via some pencils / export as jpg" + some widgets like lines and circles. I.e. just like plain "paint" app. And to raise your motivation a bit more, that its used for sure, there is some funny crap he draw in Skethblock (he 2 years old only, so picts pretty crappy for surre, but still you probabaly in interest to know that not only you use it:) ):

http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/1_betonomeshalochka.jpg
http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/2_car_izomer.jpg
http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/3_lodka1.jpg
http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/4_fire.jpg
http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/5_ozero.jpg
http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/6_cube1.jpg
http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/7_pechka.jpg
http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/8_road.jpg
http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/9_pushka.jpg
http://kas1e.narod.ru/sketchblock/pups_picts/10_rihlitel.jpg

broadblues 
Posted on 12-Jun-2019 22:41:10
#32 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@kas1e

Quote:

1). snapshooting of palette window

Making this snapshottable is on my todo list.

Quote:

2). maybe a little better palette's colors regrouping when resize palette's window. I.e. resize colors in palette window somehow to they will looks better. For example now if you load palette, and resize that window, colors in it then not regroups, but just resizes as whole window.

I have custom gadget that does this for the tools abd brush buttons, so it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Cute pictures by the way. Glad your son enjoys using SB!

Tiw1 
Posted on 15-Jun-2019 3:39:45
#33 ]

@broadblues

Hi posting problem with Intuos tablet from Wacom ctl4100.moved post .

Last edited by Tiw1 on 16-Jun-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Last edited by Tiw1 on 16-Jun-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Last edited by Tiw1 on 16-Jun-2019 at 03:52 AM.
Last edited by Tiw1 on 16-Jun-2019 at 03:52 AM.

broadblues 
Posted on 16-Jun-2019 9:15:32
#34 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Tiw1

It's probably better to start your own dedicated thread about your Wacom tablet, mentioning specific model number etc. As this might missed tagged on to the end of my announcement thread.

As I said in PM SketchBlock will autmatically work with any tablet supported by the UCLogic or Wacom drivers.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle