Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 165 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  5 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  10 mins ago
 VooDoo:  29 mins ago
 OlafS25:  39 mins ago
 marcofreeman:  47 mins ago
 pixie:  53 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 CosmosUnivers:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  3 hrs 20 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  We built this City on Roque and Cold
Register To Post

PosterThread
RoqueFort 
We built this City on Roque and Cold
Posted on 26-Feb-2019 21:42:26
#1 ]
Elite Member

After years and years of de-motivation, I finally got my 4R53 back into gear and finished a new Amiga-generated music cartoon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrhTVMijtoc

Veterans of AW.net will know that I used to post here a LOT, plugging the animation work I did with Deluxe Paint 5 and AnimatED, going back twenty years, which is on my YouTube channel, RoqueFortStu.

Although I believe the vid falls under fair use, it features one of my favourite commercial songs, and such vids are automatically called out with copyright claims. I know it's automatic because I got a notification within less than a minute of uploading!

This claim means the vid has been blocked in America, but hopefully British Amigans can still see it!

Sex doesn't prove to me that sex doesn't suck.

Profile     Report this post  
broadblues 
Re: We built this City on Roque and Cold
Posted on 27-Feb-2019 13:24:13
#2 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@RoqueFort

Quote:

After years and years of de-motivation, I finally got my 4R53 back into gear and finished a new Amiga-generated music cartoon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrhTVMijtoc

Veterans of AW.net will know that I used to post here a LOT, plugging the animation work I did with Deluxe Paint 5 and AnimatED, going back twenty years, which is on my YouTube channel, RoqueFortStu.

Although I believe the vid falls under fair use,

It simply doesn't, for it to be fair use it would have to be only a small section used for eductaional or critical puposes, an homage such as your's however respectful doesn't count as fair use and you need to obtain a license,

It says :
Quote:

Licensed to YouTube by
SME, WMG (on behalf of Rhino (Pure)); LatinAutor, UBEM, CMRRA, UMPI, LatinAutor - UMPG, ASCAP, UMPG Publishing, and 24 Music Rights Societies

so clearly youtube has a licese for it in the UK but if you say it was blocked in America I guess they don't have one there, though some of those are american rights agencies. Attitudes vary enormously to how to handle this some companies / artist block the video some just enable monetisation on behalf of the right's owner, some share monetisation with the video creator.

Nice job on the animation itself though.

Last edited by broadblues on 27-Feb-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Last edited by broadblues on 27-Feb-2019 at 01:25 PM.

g0blin 
Posted on 27-Feb-2019 15:40:13
#3 ]
Cult Member

@RoqueFort
It works fine here in Italy, music track included.
Nice job!

Cybersphere Page

BigD 
Posted on 27-Feb-2019 15:54:31
#4 ]
Elite Member

@RoqueFort

Missed you bud! Really great work! Sunny day outside in Blighty and now this to enjoy

Well worth the wait!

I didn't have to face this sort of legalise with my musical animation as I created my own sample based music on Music Generator 2 on the PS2 and did an Amiga animation for that!

Check it out below if you haven't already. Not so many varied effects, parallax and perspectives as you managed to pull off (plus my backgrounds are converted photos) but I synced it to the music well which was my aim. Enjoy!

Regent Chapel: An Animation

RoqueFort 
Posted on 27-Feb-2019 22:43:42
#5 ]
Elite Member

Thx everyone!

I knew it would be risky using commercial music, but I really wanted to use one of my favourite songs this time! At least the vid hasn't been blocked entirely, my channel hasn't been shut down and I haven't been sued etc.! Not like it puts a dent in record company profits, as I write this it only has seventy views and two likes, plus two dislikes!

Normally I do my own music with OctaMED 6, which sounds very Amiga-ish, computer-gamey and downright awful sometimes, but kind of fits in with my 2D cartoon style, I guess I kind of wanted it to look a bit 8 or 16 bit computer game-ish!

Checking out Regent Chapel now!

Bugala 
Posted on 1-Mar-2019 16:35:32
#6 ]
Cult Member

@RoqueFort

I do prefer your other animations, but this is clearly the most quality animation you have made so far, or at least from the ones I have seen.

It is simply a matter of taste that I prefer the other ones, since this is a music video, while those others were fun little stories, and I liked the stories more.

Hope you keep making more since you are clearly getting better in time.

RoqueFort 
Posted on 6-Mar-2019 6:53:51
#7 ]
Elite Member

@Bugala

Do you mean my really old work, from up to twenty years ago? many people also liked these fun, short adventures, although I didn't want to limit myself to such things.

The earliest ones, Ravin' Arry and PandArry's Box were largely experimental, as I had just discovered how to do IFF animations in Deluxe Paint 5, and add audio with AnimatED.

I had also just discovered FreeScreen, public-access TV show for ordinary people to send their home-made movies! I started sending them a LOT, to quickly discover they were extremely fussy!

I always envisioned my main character, Arry, as a speaker, but FreeScreen's format meant that while sound effects were allowed, heavy dialogue was not, as most of the movies they showed were set to music, and the bottom of the screen would display messages regarding events going on in the community.

LunArry, as in Lunar-Arry, was the first movie FreeScreen broadcast, but I had sent them about eight movies before that, not just Amiga animations but some live-action filming as well!

I really wanted to expand on my formula, but had to fine-tune my work to fussy FreeScreen's requirements. Nevertheless, many people like the old, short stories too!

Barana 
Posted on 6-Mar-2019 8:53:30
#8 ]
Cult Member

@RoqueFort

Good to see you mate! we missed ur cheesy grin.
From Straya!

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle