Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 79 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Hammer

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  3 secs ago
 Musashi5150:  6 mins ago
 amigang:  31 mins ago
 pixie:  40 mins ago
 ppcamiga1:  54 mins ago
 kriz:  59 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 cdimauro:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 AmigaMac:  3 hrs 38 mins ago
 JimS:  5 hrs 49 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  Weird A4000 behaviour
Register To Post

PosterThread
sibbi 
Weird A4000 behaviour
Posted on 3-Jul-2019 11:46:18
#1 ]
Team Member

Hi,

I'm attempting to get my A4k back up and running.

It's an A4000/030 originally, socketed buster 11, Cyberstorm MK2 060@50Mhz, an A2065 ethernet card and a CV64, 48 megs of fast ram, 2 megs of chip.

It's a work in progress but there are some weird things going on that I'm wondering if someone has seen or heard of before.

The first is that, before running Setpatch, or turning off caches, the keyboard repeats itself in such a way that it's almost impossible to type. This is obvious when cold or warm-rebooting into a No Startup-Sequence. Turning off the caches in the pre-boot menu, turning off the caches with cpu nocache or running Setpatch all fix the issue. Another seemingly related thing (that is also fixed by caches or setpatch) is the floppy drive trashing around until the same is done. This is an annoyance, but it's weird and I wonder if anyone has heard of this before.

The second is that the Roxxler chip on the Cybervision 64 seems to be dodgy. I've managed to get it to display RTG apps like TVPaint but promoting Workbench is a very mixed bag. There are also artifacts on the displays at every setting of the Memory clock, although at 50Mhz it seems to be usable (lots of artifacts at everything higher than that).

I've tried 3.1 running CyberGraphX,3 3.1 running Picasso 96 from Aminet, and yesterday my copy of 3.1.4 for the A4k on Picasso 96 2.1-e that was floating around.

My best success so far has been in 3.1.4 and by turning off using Planer2chunky hardware on the board in PVS for the Picasso96, that at least enabled me to get it to display the Workbench, but I don't see the mouse pointer sprite, I've tried all combinations of low-res and hi-res sprites as well as hardware and software sprites. In addition smart refresh displays don't work. Can someone post their tooltypes for a working Cybervision 64 setup under Picasso 2.1-e?

In addition to this I've had no luck trying to get Picasso 96 under 3.1.4 to display a 15 or 16 bit screen (only 256 max colors available), has any had any luck with that?

Disclaimer:
The opinions stated do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Profile     Report this post  

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle