Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 109 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 billt:  5 mins ago
 Rob:  9 mins ago
 amigang:  16 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  19 mins ago
 agami:  42 mins ago
 matthey:  48 mins ago
 kolla:  56 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Goodbye Amigaone
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
TRIPOS 
Re: Goodbye Amigaone
Posted on 16-Jul-2019 13:41:32
#141 ]

Last edited by TRIPOS on 16-Jul-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
TRIPOS 
Posted on 16-Jul-2019 14:00:33
#142 ]

@TrevorDick

OK, so just to be clear, your websites will now change back and start using the AmigaONE mark again?

MorphOS is Amiga too (AmigaTWO? ), although this is not mentioned at MorphOS.de (or any other websites either for that matter). But it is so, because I say so in a web forum. So everyone buying it should know they are really buying Amiga.

You act surprised about reactions and kind of roll your eyes. This is the second time you do this (without actually reinstating the AmigaONE marks BTW). But community reactions are not strange or stupid, because you suddenly removing the AmigaONE marks from your sites makes no sense whatsoever. Quite inexplainable. Efforts are suddenly spent to remove something that has always been there. So please drop that pretended “oh come on”-attitude that insults everyone’s intelligence, or at least provide a real explanation.

But maybe this was just your yearly publicity stunt? Like the “NoviaOS IV” the other year, that you had the community discussing a few weeks...?

spudmiga 
Posted on 16-Jul-2019 23:12:33
#143 ]
Cult Member

@TRIPOS

Amiga compatible.
Not an official "Amiga" product.

Night Operations

A1200 020/28MHz + 64Mb / 4Gb CF / OS 3.1.4.1 / 1438S
A500+ / 2Mb
A600

gregthecanuck 
Posted on 17-Jul-2019 2:40:12
#144 ]
Cult Member

@TRIPOS

I think you need to give Trevor some space. I don't think bashing Trevor will end up with any sort of productive results... are we really all that concerned about what something is called? Really? Besides trying to score some sort of oddball "brownie points"?

I suggest he is stuck in the middle of this legal circus as much as anyone else. His goal is to help move the Amiga/PPC hardware and software forward. He and the "crew" (A-EON/Amikit) needs big thanks for what has been accomplished so far under the shadow of all this legal crap. There have been (and continue to be) large sums of money invested and that needs our support for sure.

Cheers!

aria 
Posted on 17-Jul-2019 2:54:12
#145 ]

@TrevorDick

Quote:
Any and all future hardware that A-EON Technology develops for AmigaOS4.x will carry the AmigaOne brand.

This seems to be very carefully worded. Almost too carefully, being narrowly limited to one company and one operating system. As you may remember, you also support Linux and MorphOS. And how can you pretend to ignore that you engage with multiple connected companies, working with each other as if they were one, and all with the same people like Matthew Leaman and with a similar Amiga focus?

What about a more honest and complete answer, that also covers:

* Any and all future PPC hardware that A-EON Technology develops that you may choose to not position as specific for AmigaOS?

* Any and all future PPC hardware that the new AmigaKit Ltd company develops?

* Any and all future PPC hardware that one of your other companies develops?

* Any and all future PPC hardware that one of your companies sells, but another company develops?

* Any current hardware?

These would be better answers. In addition, perhaps you can disclose which of your numerous companies (a few of which are listed in my previous post) signed contracts with Hyperion for the use of marks like AmigaOne, and which one hasn't. As a Hyperion shareholder, you might know?

Last edited by aria on 17-Jul-2019 at 02:57 AM.

kolla 
Posted on 17-Jul-2019 10:24:58
#146 ]
Elite Member

@aria

So maybe A-EON will not develop any more hardware for AmigaOS 4.x - that works too ;)

AP 
Posted on 17-Jul-2019 10:55:56
#147 ]
Cult Member

@Yssing

Quote:

Yssing wrote:
@AP

Quote:
but it´s obvious, that there is going something on behind the scenes.
Is it? How do you know that?

You are right, it´s completely normal for a company to delete a well known brand name from all relevant websites. So nothing to see here!

Yogi27 
Posted on 17-Jul-2019 11:11:44
#148 ]

@aria

Hi Everyone,

Well, you are entitled to your opinion as I am. I could care less what your lawyer friend said..or whatever. But think about this. I license a trademark from you, but you let the original trademark expire while I have products under that trademark. Hmm, sounds like a breach of contract to me. Keep it simple stupid, I always say.

Look, I am not a fan of all this in fighting between these companies, hence my comment about A-Eon buying all of them. But I can say this about Hyperion. They produce products. I am using one of there products now. That cannot really be said for the "Amiga Inc family". Oh right, Amiga Anywhere that went nowhere. LOL. Colanto basically repackages emulators, I guess you could call that a product. So, companies that make useful Amiga products, get the benefit of the doubt with me. If MorphOs was involved in some kind of legal thing, I would say the same thing about them, they produce a product that is useful, same thing for A-Eon.

Well, I am out of this discussion after this. It is unfortunate that we have to go another legal round. I would encourage everyone involved to settle this so we can move forward.

Yogi

One more thing, Juries in the United States are not Amiga Tech experts. What they will see, is one company producing AmigaOS versions under a license they thought was secure until the parent company did not renew the trademarks and another who produces emulators (who once carried the AmigaOS version of the company they are now suing in there emulator package) but then acquired the assests of the parent company and is now running to court. I wonder if Amiga Inc screwed Colanto on the way out by not renewing the trademarks LOL. At least Amiga Inc is consistent..

See you all later.

Last edited by Yogi27 on 17-Jul-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Last edited by Yogi27 on 17-Jul-2019 at 11:54 AM.

kolla 
Posted on 17-Jul-2019 12:23:32
#149 ]
Elite Member

@Yogi27

And Hyperion is just a Belgium lawyer with poor skills in economy, communication, as well as law. He is certainly not an "Amiga Tech expert", what he really enjoys is holding a trophy in a small community, and the drama itself.

AmeegaGuy 
Posted on 17-Jul-2019 14:48:42
#150 ]

Why do people worry what is on A-EON website when that site carries so little information? As an example there is no data on A-EON official website about A1222. Many links do not work and have not in months. Perhaps one day only a single statement will appear "Do you remember when Amiga meant friend? We do."

I do not understand the A-EON marketing technique but it is what it is.
Now for the popcorn?

broadblues 
Posted on 17-Jul-2019 16:45:48
#151 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@aria

Aggh really? You gone well above an beyond the call of duty with this neurotic over analytical bunch of suppositions and questions. And I'm having a particularly overanalytical day myself about some totally non amiga related issues!

Quote:

This seems to be very carefully worded.

Yes Trevor is usually careful and precise about his wording.

Quote:

Almost too carefully, being narrowly limited to one company and one operating system.

Trevor only has one company making PPC hardware and they make for only onw OS. Guess which one.

Quote:

As you may remember, you also support Linux and MorphOS.

Support is not the same as 'develops for'.

Quote:

And how can you pretend to ignore that you engage with multiple connected companies,

I don't think he dd?

Quote:

working with each other as if they were one,

There is overlap in personal but they are not the same company howver much people like to say "aeonkit" or similar.

Quote:

* Any and all future PPC hardware that A-EON Technology develops that you may choose to not position as specific for AmigaOS?

Dunno if any such is ever planned but they wouldn't call it AmigaONE then would they? I may be wrong but I suspect the AmigaOne sublicense requires the hardware to be AmigaOS 4 centric.

Quote:

* Any and all future PPC hardware that the new AmigaKit Ltd company develops?

Amiga Kit LTd is Matthew Leamans company. Did you bother to look at the companies house link? I don't know why and am not going to speculate why Matthew has decided to register a company under his trading name, perhaps it's legal formaity of some kind? (oops just speculated!)

Quote:

* Any and all future PPC hardware that one of your other companies develops?

Quote:

* Any and all future PPC hardware that one of your companies sells, but another company develops?

Trevor would have no control over the name of hardware made by other companies, whether or not he then resells it, that would be up to the fictitious otheer company to negotiate with whoever that should be negotiated with.

Quote:

* Any current hardware?

This is the silliest one. I give up!

kamelito 
Posted on 18-Jul-2019 6:54:24
#152 ]
Cult Member

@broadblues

Short version, their HW for AmigaOS4.x will carry the AmigaOne brand.
I wonder then how new customers will find their way to A-EON site or any other sites selling their HW, search engines are not able to find a brand on an image of the machine.

hth313 
Posted on 18-Jul-2019 7:09:19
#153 ]

Why is the X5000 still gone from AOTL?

Last edited by hth313 on 18-Jul-2019 at 07:09 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 18-Jul-2019 9:45:00
#154 ]
Elite Member

@kamelito

Quote:

kamelito wrote:
@broadblues

Short version, their HW for AmigaOS4.x will carry the AmigaOne brand.
I wonder then how new customers will find their way to A-EON site or any other sites selling their HW, search engines are not able to find a brand on an image of the machine.

That's probably their perceived legal protection; yes A-EON can't be bothered to remove the case badges but they haven't been pushing or even displaying the AmigaOne brand online so how can they be sued when the dust settles. I'd be very surprised if the A1222 Tabor had the AmigaOne branding as a new product.

eliyahu 
Posted on 18-Jul-2019 16:07:57
#155 ]

@TrevorDick

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I'm afraid. Regardless of how it was received, I do appreciate very much your commenting in this thread. Many of us are concerned with the ongoing litigation and seemingly halted development of AOS4.

I say 'seemingly' because there has been no public communication from Hyperion on progress, goals, etc., and we haven't heard much on Tabor in public in many months. Any communication is appreciated by your customers and potential customers; the trolls will always react negatively, so please don't let them dissuade you from regular community interaction.

I hope we'll see you and Matthew at Amiwest this year!

-- eliyahu

BigD 
Posted on 18-Jul-2019 20:59:47
#156 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Yes, any news from Trevor calms the troops

I love reading Trevor's blog but in regards to the court case, the AmigaOne branding, Brexit and even the new nuclear non-proliferation in Iran; they're all better off telling us where we stand...

... "When it's done!"

number6 
Posted on 18-Jul-2019 21:55:08
#157 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Quote:
You are just confirming what I was writing. The checkmark has been used all over the place by anyone who wished to use it, without any need of licensing, and no one has claimed ownership or protected it as a trademark. Not even CBM. It's way to late for anyone to claim ownership over it now.

I see now that AmigaKit claims "Double tick is a trade mark, used under licence." which begs the question - who is the retarded entity that thinks they have ownership and rights to hand out "licenses"?

Quote:
On February 1, 2019, after a lengthy negotiation, Amiga sold and transferred to C-
A Acquisition all of its rights in and to all intellectual property assets and related agreements,

including but not limited to the trademarks AMIGA, AMIGA DOS, AMIGADOS, AMIGA
ENABLED, AMIGA OS, AMIGAOS, AMIGA ONE, AMIGAONE, KICKSTART, POWERED
BY AMIGA, the Boing Ball Mark, the Boing-Ball-and-AMIGA design mark, the AMIGA design
mark, the “Rainbow Tick” design mark, the Amiga (with square on “i”) design mark, and the
“Powered by Amiga” design mark (collectively, the “Amiga Marks”),

Source

Although referred to as a "design mark" and not a "trademark", it is clearly listed as one of the "Amiga Marks".

TRIPOS 
Posted on 19-Jul-2019 1:09:13
#158 ]

@number6

The use of the "Checkmark" mark can easily be traced back to the early days of the original Amiga 1000, and it has clearly been alive and in use ever since then.

kolla 
Posted on 19-Jul-2019 12:49:42
#159 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

Alive and used by _anyone_, it has not been protected as a trademark.

number6 
Posted on 19-Jul-2019 13:05:13
#160 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Fine.
But your question was:

Quote:
I see now that AmigaKit claims "Double tick is a trade mark, used under licence." which begs the question - who is the retarded entity that thinks they have ownership and rights to hand out "licenses"?

which hopefully the quote from the document answered.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle