Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 134 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

Rob,  Beajar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Beajar:  2 mins ago
 Rob:  4 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 Bruce72:  2 hrs 19 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  3 hrs 6 mins ago
 t0lkien:  3 hrs 11 mins ago
 amigakit:  3 hrs 32 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  Huenison updated
Register To Post

PosterThread
saimo 
Huenison updated
Posted on 16-Nov-2019 10:21:46
#1 ]
Elite Member

When in 2018 I produced the physical edition of Huenison, I intended to close forever the development of that game (originally released in 2013 and then updated five times). Yet, writing Blastaway inspired me some video system features/improvements that I just couldn't resist backport to Huenison. And now, an updated version of Huenison is available!

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-IoKxbGtg

CHANGELOG
* Simplified and optimized CRT pixel modes.
* Made 4x LCD pixel mode slightly brighter.
* Added 6x pixel modes.
* Added hardware-accelerated zooming for solid pixel modes to AmigaOS version.

Get the latest version of Huenison from https://www.retream.com/Huenison.
(Who plays it on Steam will be able to update it directly from there.)

Even more good news for the owners of the physical edition: due to the very limited production runs, the CDs were duplicated (i.e. burned), not replicated (i.e. glass mastered), thus I seized the chance to ask the factory to leave the CDs open so that, if I'd ever release an update, I could tell you... it's possible to update the CDs!
The CDs can updated by burning a new session that replaces the following files and preserves all the others:
* install-AmigaOS.info
* install-Windows.exe
* manual.pdf
* AmigaOS/Huenison
* AmigaOS/icon-64x64.info
* AmigaOS/icon-80x80.info
* AmigaOS/icon-96x96.info
* AmigaOS/icon-128x128.info
* AmigaOS/icon-160x160.info
* AmigaOS/icon-192x192.info
* AmigaOS/icon-256x256.info
* Windows/Huenison.exe

*** WARNING ***
Updating a CD is a delicate process that might damage the CD, so it is necessary to have specific knowledge and tools. If you are not completely sure, do not attempt the update or ask an expert to help. IN ANY CASE, UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Last edited by saimo on 16-Nov-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
LarsB 
Re: Huenison updated
Posted on 16-Nov-2019 12:24:57
#2 ]

@saimo You have good sense for atmosphere and sound.

Hypex 
Posted on 16-Nov-2019 14:26:51
#3 ]
Elite Member

@saimo

Just when we thought your work was done. You've done it again.

This is a cool feature. MakeCD knows about multisession. All my orignal backup CDs are mastered that way. FryingPan should but I haven't tested it. And with AmiDVD I can't give a positive as I haven't seen it do it.

saimo 
Posted on 16-Nov-2019 14:44:01
#4 ]
Elite Member

@LarsB

Thanks!

saimo 
Posted on 16-Nov-2019 14:52:46
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex

Quote:
Just when we thought your work was done. You've done it again.

Yeah, it's a curse. I just couldn't stand the idea of BOH, Huenison, and KOG not having the same features as Blastaway.
BTW, I have BOH ready, too, but the MacOS port is holding the release back as I don't have easy access to the machine I used for development.

Quote:
This is a cool feature. MakeCD knows about multisession. All my orignal backup CDs are mastered that way. FryingPan should but I haven't tested it. And with AmiDVD I can't give a positive as I haven't seen it do it.

Yes, MakeCD can definitely be used, although I'm not sure if it can add/replace only a few files. it's too long since I last used it for such purpose, but my memory tells me that one can select any previous track(s), whose contents then get automatically merged with the new files into a new track. In the worst case, one can simply burn a new track with all the files (there is more than enough space left on the disc).

IamSONIC 
Posted on 16-Nov-2019 19:52:18
#6 ]

@saimo

Thx for the update. But how to update using AMIStore/Updater when originally bought on AMIStore?

saimo 
Posted on 16-Nov-2019 21:15:35
#7 ]
Elite Member

@IamSONIC

Somewhere in AMIStore you should be able to see a serial number: that's either a Steam key (something like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) or an itch.io key (a very long string), which allow you to download the new version from Steam or itch.io. If you have a Steam key and want (also) an itch.io key or vice versa, please send me your key by email and I'll get back to you with the other key.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by saimo on 16-Nov-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Hypex 
Posted on 20-Nov-2019 13:31:10
#8 ]
Elite Member

@saimo

Quote:
Yeah, it's a curse. I just couldn't stand the idea of BOH, Huenison, and KOG not having the same features as Blastaway.

Quote:
BTW, I have BOH ready, too, but the MacOS port is holding the release back as I don't have easy access to the machine I used for development.

Would it have supported PPC back then? I still have my OS4 BOH bonus pack here somewhere.

Quote:
Yes, MakeCD can definitely be used, although I'm not sure if it can add/replace only a few files. it's too long since I last used it for such purpose, but my memory tells me that one can select any previous track(s), whose contents then get automatically merged with the new files into a new track. In the worst case, one can simply burn a new track with all the files (there is more than enough space left on the disc).

IIRC you must use multi-session as the option. Which is rather neat. And just recreates a new directory structure with pointers to disc blocks so is efficient.

I accidently used multi-volume when first burning backup CDRs. So all my CDRs had seperate partitions on them which was rather messy and space consuming. It also meant I needed a specific CD driver that could mount the volumes. The one I had asked which one I wanted to mount, it could only do one at a time. Last time I checked the OS4 CD driver was still behind and didn't acknowedge multi volumes.

saimo 
Posted on 20-Nov-2019 13:41:04
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex

Quote:
Quote:

Would it have supported PPC back then?

PPC has always been supported since day 1 (the executable is a universal binary)

Quote:
I still have my OS4 BOH bonus pack here somewhere.

Uh? Bonus pack? What's that? Are you referring to the ADVANCE edition?

Quote:
It also meant I needed a specific CD driver that could mount the volumes. The one I had asked which one I wanted to mount, it could only do one at a time. Last time I checked the OS4 CD driver was still behind and didn't acknowedge multi volumes.

Yes, on classic AmigaOS there was a filesystem (can't remember which) that allowed to choose which track to mount, and I've never seen such feature on any other OS.

Hypex 
Posted on 21-Nov-2019 12:54:15
#10 ]
Elite Member

@saimo

Quote:
PPC has always been supported since day 1

Ah nice one.

Quote:

Don't recall exactly what it was called. I got it with one of the AmigaOS editions. Just found the installer that dates back to 2009. Has it been that long? It might have been included with my X1000 First Contact software. If I have it on disc I can't find it here right now.

Quote:
Yes, on classic AmigaOS there was a filesystem (can't remember which) that allowed to choose which track to mount, and I've never seen such feature on any other OS.

I used AmiCDFS and unsure if that supported it. I used CacheCDFS from OS3.9 which I'm sure did support it as it had a few options.

saimo 
Posted on 21-Nov-2019 13:04:06
#11 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex

Quote:
Quote:

Don't recall exactly what it was called. I got it with one of the AmigaOS editions. Just found the installer that dates back to 2009. Has it been that long? It might have been included with my X1000 First Contact software. If I have it on disc I can't find it here right now.

BOH has never been bundled with AmigaOS. However, some physical copies were indeed bundled with the A1 X1000. I guess you have somewhere the first edition disc in the DVD box, which came with a unique code that allows you to get the updates (enter it here to get your itch.io download key).

klx300r 
Posted on 23-Nov-2019 8:25:43
#12 ]
Elite Member

@saimo

WoW bravo Simone that’s great news 👌

mancave-ramblings
X1000 I BELIEVE

Hypex 
Posted on 23-Nov-2019 15:31:16
#13 ]
Elite Member

@saimo

Thanks, I'll do that when I find the box

I probably associated it with AmigaOS as the software was all together I can only guess. I must have got it as an X1000 bundle. Though that seems overkill for such a humble game.

saimo 
Posted on 23-Nov-2019 15:55:39
#14 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex

Quote:
I must have got it as an X1000 bundle. Though that seems overkill for such a humble game.

Generally yes, but if one uses a CRT/LCD filter (especially with a high resolution) all of a sudden the extra power really makes a difference

IamSONIC 
Posted on 29-Nov-2019 11:33:56
#15 ]

@saimo

Thx. It seems that Huenison has been removed from AMIStore. But theres an empty line where - compared to an older Screenshot Huenison should be. However hovering over the key column of the empty line reveals a Key Button. Selecting that show the Steam Key.

saimo 
Posted on 30-Nov-2019 8:28:26
#16 ]
Elite Member

@IamSONIC

Quote:
Thx. It seems that Huenison has been removed from AMIStore. But theres an empty line where - compared to an older Screenshot Huenison should be.

I didn't know this. I mean, yes, Huenison has been removed from the store (in the sense that it was made no longer available for purchase) a long time ago, but I didn't know that it disappeared from the list of the purchased software. I guess it's an AMIStore issue.

Quote:
However hovering over the key column of the empty line reveals a Key Button. Selecting that show the Steam Key.

Glad that you found a way to retrieve the key. And thanks for sharing it!

saimo 
Posted on 20-Jul-2022 19:35:26
#17 ]
Elite Member

One more little update released: this one tries to address the issue of some joypads not being seen due to the fact that at times Windows reports D-pads as thumbsticks.

https://www.retream.com/Huenison / https://retream.itch.io/huenison

CHANGELOG
* Added support for thumbsticks, as at times Windows treats D-pads as thumbsticks (this is just to support as many joypads as possible: using real thumbsticks is not a good idea anyway).
* Touched up manual.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 22-Jul-2022 22:14:56
#18 ]
Team Member

@saimo

Thanks for the updates saimo.

saimo 
Posted on 23-Jul-2022 20:12:30
#19 ]
Elite Member

@_Steve_

My pleasure!

@all

By coincidence, shortly after the release of the previous update, I received a test report from the Steam team, who had found of that Huenison didn't open automatically the virtual keyboard on their Steam Deck - of course it didn't: I didn't even know that the Steam Deck existed! While trying to address that issue, I also found out and fixed a few other ones.

CHANGELOG
* Added experimental code to have the Steam on-screen keyboard open automatically when text entering is requested (totally untested due to lack of a Steam Deck; chances are it will not work, as the game is completely software-rendered; feedback welcome).
* Reworked assignments of the kind *p++ = ... *p ... (as they are miscompiled by some versions of gcc).
* Fixed (server side) registration for hiscores / hiscores receiving and added SITE.PORT configuration option for future use.
* Improved/updated manual.

The new version can be downloaded from the usual place: https://www.retream.com/Huenison / https://retream.itch.io/huenison

Last edited by saimo on 31-Jul-2022 at 11:07 AM.
Last edited by saimo on 31-Jul-2022 at 11:01 AM.
Last edited by saimo on 31-Jul-2022 at 11:01 AM.
Last edited by saimo on 23-Jul-2022 at 08:19 PM.
Last edited by saimo on 23-Jul-2022 at 08:18 PM.

saimo 
Posted on 31-Jul-2022 11:06:20
#20 ]
Elite Member

Lately work has been done in parallel on all the RETREAM games. It began with the objective of aligning the technically similar ones for PC so that they would handle data saving the same way, but it soon went out of control and brought uniformity and improvements to the installers, the documentation, the web pages and even to code and internal files - and, just as importantly, it brought new features as well!

Free download: https://www.retream.com/Huenison / https://retream.itch.io/huenison

CHANGELOG
* Added field dark columns: the background is darkened, in an alternate columns fashion, by 50% in the first set of levels, by 25% in the second set of levels, by 0% in the third set of levels and by 75% in the last level (given that the columns match the virtual columns bricks descend along, they make for a precious visual aid to aim at the bricks).
* Added 20 points bonus for when CRUSH brick lands on the ground.
* Added function to use the RESTORE bonus to joypad (it had been forgotten!).
* Added internal graphics screenshot function (assigned to [F1]; the visible graphics are now captured with [F2]).
* Changed string requester so that entering an empty string means also "abort"/"reject" (depending on the context).
* Considered also D-pad input for "press any key/button" requests.
* Worked on online hiscores: improved/updated information texts; added possibility to retry up to 10 times if sending fails (in particular, when the email address registration has just been done, this makes it much easier to send the hiscores immediately thereafter).
* Slightly changed level names.
* Simplified data files access code.
* Made a few little optimizations.
* Replaced version string with an AmigaOS-style one.
* Added to Windows installer code to import previous savedata and clean up leftovers.
* Added Windows portable version.
* Updated manual.

Last edited by saimo on 31-Jul-2022 at 11:15 AM.
Last edited by saimo on 31-Jul-2022 at 11:11 AM.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle