Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
26 crawler(s) on-line.
 64 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigakit

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  4 mins ago
 pavlor:  22 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  38 mins ago
 Frank:  39 mins ago
 OlafS25:  56 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 51 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  A-EON's AAA bundle Pack From Amigakit?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
AP 
Re: A-EON's AAA bundle Pack From Amigakit?
Posted on 9-Apr-2020 11:41:23
#21 ]
Cult Member

@BigD: At least for the Early Adopters (first 100+ boards) they sell motherboards only this time. And there is no decision about an official case yet, maybe in the future.

Profile     Report this post  
BigD 
Posted on 10-Apr-2020 0:36:13
#22 ]
Elite Member

@AP

Talk about a soft launch

A-EON needed time to the plan the launch much?!

Rob 
Posted on 10-Apr-2020 1:23:25
#23 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

If they go for another Fractal Design case to keep consistency with the X1000 and X5000 then my bet would be the Core 500 since it looks like a baby X5000 and is probably the only SFF case from Fractal that has space for an optical drive.

Having said that they may go for something less expensive because the whole ethos of the A1222 is to try and keep the price of entry as low as possible.

It's also worth bearing in mind that OS4 ecosystem is what would be best described as a cottage industry. The same goes for eveything else Amiga these days.

AP 
Posted on 10-Apr-2020 10:10:26
#24 ]
Cult Member

@Rob/BigD: I don´t care so much about the official case, just waiting for my Tabor-board to arrive.

The whole point for Tabor was to offer a cheap entry in the AmigaOS4-world, so it makes sense to sell just the board from the start (and maybe an official complete system as additional offer).

Its much more important to launch the board at all (and in higher quantities than in the EA-offer).

BigD 
Posted on 10-Apr-2020 10:21:20
#25 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Quote:
It's also worth bearing in mind that OS4 ecosystem is what would be best described as a cottage industry. The same goes for eveything else Amiga these days

Ok, understood but it's the equivalent of Old Mother Hubbard selling 100 pre-release new cardigans from her online store. She then suffers delays on the delivery of the wool from a local sheep farmer, sorts out a new delivery date but still hasn't given any thought to the dye to be used or even to tell the customer the colour it will eventually be!

There's a cottage industry and then there's the AmigaNG "When it's done!" apathy. We are weeks away from the PS5 case reveal which will likely garner 4 times the news coverage that Mark Cernys tech specs did. This is because customers can then visualise what they're pre-ordering. I'm not a PC builder I'm a consumer and my Commodore machines though upgraded are in their original cases. If I wanted to mess around choosing components and graphics cards I'd buy a PC. Quite frankly I expect my AmigaNG machines to be configured and pretty much ready to go (upgrading causes enough heart ache in my experience never mind enforced initial assembly)! That's not to say I don't like the Checkmate Case, which would form the basis of a fun project. However, it's just a bit large and expensive for the Tabor and A-EON should have an idea for a more suitable one to buy in bulk and to brand in keeping with their other models by now!

However, given the financial disruption maybe we should be grateful if 100 initial boards make it off the production line before A-EON requires financial restructuring, another A1222 motherboard redesign and a 'proper' launch at an Amiga event in Summer 2021! That would be the way I see it going I'm afraid.

Who's got the money to splash out on the Tabor at Christmas once furlough salary reductions, business closures and self induced recession conditions hit us all? It's already got Sony and Microsoft and the Hollywood film studios spooked how much more so small 'cottage' industries?

Last edited by BigD on 10-Apr-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 10-Apr-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle