Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
10 crawler(s) on-line.
 122 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  14 mins ago
 OlafS25:  28 mins ago
 outlawal2:  49 mins ago
 AndreasM:  51 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr ago
 saimo:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 Mr_DBUG:  1 hr 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Gaming
      /  Streets of Rage 4 out this Thursday, 30th April 2020
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigD 
Streets of Rage 4 out this Thursday, 30th April 2020
Posted on 26-Apr-2020 8:50:16
#1 ]
Elite Member

Yes, Golden Axe was a great Amiga conversion from SEGA, Double Dragon was ok and Final Fight was at least better than the Atari ST version (that's not saying much admittedly). But a new side scrolling beat em up is out imminently on at least one of you other gaming platforms!

On Thursday the SEGA Amiga port that never was; Streets of Rage will be released in its 4th incarnation! Happy days to while away the lockdown blues or Tabor delay frustration

It a great looking hand drawn brawler in the late 80s / 90s style available on the gaming platforms that are still mainstream.

Q. Will it ever be ported to the Amiga?
Ans: Probably not.

Q. Is it technically possible to port to AmigaNG systems?
Ans: Most definitely.

Q. Does it still look like a good game worth playing whatever windowed GUI / OS you choose to launch it?
Ans: You bet, until Reshoot Proxima III is released on the 'miggy it will fill the gap for retro pixel based fun IMHO.

Obviously, if firing up a Nintendo Switch or the Windows 7 Bootcamp partition of your Mac laptop is considered heresy then please dismiss this data from your data banks. No apologies from me for plugging a retro pixel game. You could always play OpenBOR on a 060/Vampire equipped Classic Amiga instead if it HAS to be Amiga!

(Edit: smaller image)

Last edited by BigD on 26-Apr-2020 at 11:03 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 26-Apr-2020 at 11:01 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 26-Apr-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
Templario 
Re: Streets of Rage 4 out this Thursday, 30th April 2020
Posted on 26-Apr-2020 9:41:02
#2 ]
Elite Member

@BigD
If you want the Streets of Rage, you have the option to play it with the OpenBor, although it be a Bor version.

Rob 
Posted on 26-Apr-2020 12:16:58
#3 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Q. Will BigD ever consider resizing images before linking them into the forums here.

A. Probably not.

BigD 
Posted on 26-Apr-2020 15:41:53
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Looks fine here. Why bother? Sorry you're upset. Maybe take on the hoards of Metro City or Streets of Rage's Wood Oak City (I didn't know that until this pithy response was required) to get your pent up resolution based frustration out!

Rob 
Posted on 26-Apr-2020 18:04:02
#5 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Not everyone will be using a 1080 display let alone 4K and it's a nuisance to have to scroll back and forth the pages in order to read people's posts.

Images in threads: Images embedded in threads should be no wider than 640 pixels, larger images should be hyperlinked.

https://amigaworld.net/terms.php

amigadave 
Posted on 26-Apr-2020 18:33:23
#6 ]

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Rob

Looks fine here. Why bother? Sorry you're upset. Maybe take on the hoards of Metro City or Streets of Rage's Wood Oak City (I didn't know that until this pithy response was required) to get your pent up resolution based frustration out!

Because it doesn't follow the posting guidelines for this site, and as Rob pointed out, it is a PITA for many, if not most people reading these forums, to have to scroll the message left and right, just to read it and see the entire image. Please edit and resize your picture for this thread. This has nothing to do with anyone's pent up resolution based frustration, just forum manners (and rules).

Thanks

bison 
Posted on 26-Apr-2020 20:12:47
#7 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Intuition needs to be updated to include SA_BigDScroll.

BigD 
Posted on 29-Apr-2020 8:38:30
#8 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

1 day to go and a limited physical collectors edition has been announced too! Bit pricey though but an Axel / Blaze statue and mock Genesis/Megadrive game slip will probably look better on your display case than your A-EON / Amigakit A1222 Early Adopter bundle shoe box!

It's horses for courses I guess for those with money to burn with no shops open

BigD 
Posted on 30-Apr-2020 7:17:38
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Wow! Steam says it's due to unlock is less than an hour! This is as close as we're going to get to standing in a queue for a launch day release at a bricks and mortar shop right now!

I just wish I'd made my Bootcamp partition 10GB bigger as it's amazing how it bloats with time, especially when Elite Dangerous updates itself!

Last edited by BigD on 30-Apr-2020 at 07:18 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 30-Apr-2020 7:26:07
#10 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Here's a good review from Game Central (formally Digitiser);

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/29/streets-rage-4-review-sega-mega-drive-genesis-ps4-switch-12628441/

BigD 
Posted on 30-Apr-2020 7:52:57
#11 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

IGN reviw:

https://www.ign.com/articles/streets-of-rage-4-review

It highlights that the game prioritises nostalgia over reinvention, a bit like AmigaOS 4! I guess that suits some us just fine.

BigD 
Posted on 30-Apr-2020 8:52:40
#12 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

In regards to my lack of hard disk space I've managed to get an extra 5GB by disabling hibernation and deleting the c:\hiberfil.sys file in Windows 7! Crazy that such bloat is enabled by default in that OS for such a little used feature!

Anyway, I'm now waiting for download and ready to take on the forces of evil in Wood Oak City again having trained my kids to help me on Streets of Rage 2 (SOR 2)! GoG looks like the best option to buy it on as always Also, if Axel and Blaze are 10 years older than in SOR3 they are most definitely, "too old for this sh!t" Mr and Mrs Y being the offspring of Mr X be blowed! Hockey / cheesy story as ever!

Last edited by BigD on 30-Apr-2020 at 09:31 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 30-Apr-2020 10:47:23
#13 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Only 4GB free space now on a 70GB Windows 7 partition after download and install! Hairy! Oh well! I guess Elite Dangerous is not going to update properly next time! That's life I guess

BigD 
Posted on 30-Apr-2020 15:18:00
#14 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

This thread seems to explain the basics regarding freeing up hard drive space on Windows 7. Back up to 4.46GB now. Still not ideal as less than 10% of the total but working for now.

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/GuideToFreeingUpDiskSpaceUnderWindows7.aspx

SOR 4 is a great game and you can proceed to the next level as long as one of the co-op players gets to the end of the stage on three lives. The other players then rejoin you if they ran out of lives before that point. Up to 4 players supported so great with co-op story mode with children You can even select the retro soundtrack!

2 stages down on normal difficulty and hopefully a fair few to go! Just had to stop for home schooling of the children (needs must ). Was interesting that the English comprehension lesson was about Fenris and Odin! Have there been any Beat Em Up games featuring the Norse gods?

BigD 
Posted on 1-May-2020 9:02:26
#15 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

I think it's only fair to point out that although the GOG store version of this game is DRM free (as I prefer), it does NOT support online co-op only local co-op. This doesn't effect me but if it's your jam then you'd be better off buying the Steam version. I hope that info is useful to someone.

The source is from the comments section of this article:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-streets-of-rage-4-switch-xbox-one-port-analysis

K-L 
Posted on 1-May-2020 11:08:18
#16 ]

@BigD

Except the weird questions at the beginning of this thread, what the heck has it anything to do with Amiga ?

I'd rather know where is this game : https://www.retroheadz.com/retro-games/metro-siege-amiga-500-game/

I can't wait for it.

Last edited by K-L on 01-May-2020 at 11:22 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 1-May-2020 13:24:41
#17 ]
Elite Member

@K-L

Quote:
Except the weird questions at the beginning of this thread, what the heck has it anything to do with Amiga ?

As I framed in my first post; we used to enjoy games in the Beat Em Up genre including the SEGA port of Golden Axe. It's not my fault that the AmigaNG platforms can't sustain even retro remakes / indie games like Tower57 without a KickStarter bonus tier!

As I also stated, if I've offended anyone by daring to support retro games / remasters of games from the 16-bit era on other platforms then I suggest playing BOR which has a Final Fight remake and I'm told a remake of the original Streets of Rage available for 040 + RTG, 060 +AGA/RTG and Vampire machines.

I'm not going to stop talking about Sonic Mania, Tower57 and Streets of Rage because our Amiga are languishing at 2006 era technology levels due to decisions and mistakes out of my control.

If the Amiga was still mainstream in 2020 it WOULD have a Streets of Rage 4 port but since it isn't mainstream I'm still going to play it and discuss it with MY technology community; you guys!

It really does say a lot when I've previosly dared to mention the ZDoom Alien Breed 3D remake and I'm giving grief from a rabid AmigaWorld contingent that think we shouldn't play or even discuss it here until first ZDoom is ported and then the port is playable on AmigaOS, MorphOS or AROS systems! Ridiculous and quite frankly life's too short!

These games are great and if we have these other machines hanging around in our houses anyway to entertain the kids or run work spreadsheets, then we should be allowed to have some fun with retro games / remasters and discuss them with our friends.

I was one of the people that filled in the CU Amiga magazine pull-outs to beg Hyperion / ClickBoom! to port games to the Amiga in the late 90s and we got Napalm out of it! No one seems to talk about that fame anymore though it was a massive achievement at the time to basically get C&C on the Amiga!

I'm one of you and love my Amiga's. I supported Reshoot-R, Worthy and Tanks Fury but even you have to admit that SEGA will NEVER allow the porting of Streets of Rage 4 to the AmigaNG machines That should NOT stop us playing modern retro remakes, supporting them, enjoying the soundtracks and discussing our love of retro games with our fellow Amigans.

People say that the English Amiga Board is the only 'healthy' Amiga forum left and I am beginning to believe that this is the case sadly. If you want to talk about obtuse programming / developer framework issues inherent with AmigaOS/MorphOS/AROS/Vampire then you are free to do so but don't suck the life out of all the other more light hearted threads.

Q. What would you rather? That SOR 4 fails due to lack of interest and because the developer didn't support the Amiga platforms?

Edit: Metro Siege looks great but it has no release date yet, we need distractions from Covid-19 right now and it's a shame it's OCS and not AGA in my opinion (seemingly invalid though it seems to be to you).

Last edited by BigD on 01-May-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 01-May-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 01-May-2020 at 01:29 PM.

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 2-May-2020 0:06:55
#18 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

If you delete your Win7 Bootcamp then you’ll have 70 Gigs free for your Mac. You could setup an ultimate Amiga emulation on that free space and play Body Blows.

Last edited by DiscreetFX on 02-May-2020 at 12:08 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 2-May-2020 0:36:23
#19 ]
Elite Member

@DiscreetFX

Quote:
If you delete your Win7 Bootcamp then you’ll have 70 Gigs free for your Mac. You could setup an ultimate Amiga emulation on that free space and play Body Blows.

Why would I do that and lose the ability to play Sonic Mania, Elite Dangerous, ZDoom Alien Breed 3D and now Streets of Rage 4. I already have a copy of Ultimate Body Blows and a real Amiga to play it on! Also, while a good game it definitely is not a side scrolling Beat Em Up like Streets of Rage 4, was not coded in this century and does not hold up well to Mortal Kombat 2 or Fightin' Spirit IMHO.

Again, I reiterate; if you can only cope with gaming on Amigas and think the reign of the Anti-Christ will begin as soon as a non-Amiga application is used and enjoyed then...

...play BOR on an Amiga!!!

Plus I've got plenty of space on my Mac partitions because those are what I use more often and I've structured the drive accordingly so I really don't follow you on any level.

Play the game, play BOR or wait for Metro Siege but to suggest a solution to a Bootcamp partition free space problem is to delete Bootcamp; the only killer app left on the Apple Mac is simply stirring on a thread that's meant to be about a fun new game! Dissppointing.

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 2-May-2020 0:55:21
#20 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

I was just joking.

Elite Dangerous looks like a treat and the macOS version got withdrawn.

Last edited by DiscreetFX on 02-May-2020 at 12:56 AM.
Last edited by DiscreetFX on 02-May-2020 at 12:56 AM.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle