Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 107 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RickSkid:  7 mins ago
 bhabbott:  12 mins ago
 BigD:  15 mins ago
 Diane:  18 mins ago
 VooDoo:  21 mins ago
 A1200:  25 mins ago
 pixie:  37 mins ago
 retrofaza:  38 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  59 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 34 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  WHY? An unfair ban
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Anonymous 
WHY? An unfair ban
Posted on 8-May-2020 2:16:28
# ]

Well,

my REAL AND ONLY account has been banished, whereas the clone that wa created by someone else most probably with the sole purpose to make that happen, is still free to post, and flooding the forums with nonsense.

This is Amigaworld for you.

While this clone is doing nothing but spewing exaggerated and random banter, I had a clear purpose and my posts were never downright offensive.

Was I sarcastic? Of course. Were my posts scathing? Certainly yes. But I was also truthful! I was doing nothing but taking on myself those burdens that seem to be so inconvenient to you all, to keep this facade of friendliness and optimism going:

Someone, posts a half baked and completely amateurish screenshot of something that will never be completed? You want to scream "What's this load of shit, why do you even post this" but instead you go "Yeah! Good job, keep it going!", which would be reasonable if this was the case of a wee child showing you some little thing they made at school.

Someone who can't write the code to display an ellipsis says he will take on porting a huge codebase to an entirely different graphic architecture, stressing in the process himself and the others, creating more drama, and ultimately failing? You encourage him to jump dive into failure.

Someone wants to sell a last-last decade machine with a broken OS for the price of a modern workstation? They get hailed as saviors instead of being laughed off.

So! I tried to be the voice of conscience, and I was silenced. But the stupid clone lives! How so? Perhaps, just perhaps... this is a "MODERATOR"'s creation? That would be oh so Orwellian, wouldn't it be?

Wouldn't it?

From the Antique, finely carved desk of
MEGA_RJ_MICAL
Friend of the common man

Report this post  
amigadave 
Re: WHY? An unfair ban
Posted on 8-May-2020 2:37:25
#2 ]

@MEGA-RJ-MICAL

If you're implying it was me, you are wrong. I had nothing to do with any account of yours being banned from posting on these forums.

I can only hope that one of the other moderators has returned to doing some moderation work on this site, and that this ZOO will get some balance back someday.

Profile     Report this post  
ferrels 
Posted on 8-May-2020 2:47:08
#3 ]
Cult Member

@MEGA-RJ-MICAL

Why the unfair ban? Because the lunatics are running this asylum. I've visited this forum and a couple other Amiga-related forums for well over a decade now and it's the same folks who show up here year after year starting new threads or resurrecting long dead threads and wringing their hands over what must be done to make the Amiga a viable platform once again. Many of them are simply ignorant of the changes in technology since the Amiga died in the early 1990's, the others are delusional or just plain stupid, or some combination of the aforementioned. They think that the Amiga can somehow rise from the ashes like a Phoenix if just one or two "simple" things were brought to pass. They are unable to accept that the Amiga, both PPC and 68K, are dead platforms used by retro-hobbyists with no chance of ever becoming mainstream again (even though neither platform was EVER considered mainstream) or rising to be anything more than just a curiosity to the rest of the world. Their fragile egos simply can't handle any differing points of view in regard to the coming "Amiga resurrection" they've predicted so they choose to stifle the speech of those who hold those differing views. They're also so very desperate for any sign of life on this zombie platform known as the Amiga that they don't even realize they're being trolled when some clown shows up here proclaiming that he will bring modern apps to the Amiga such as an office suite or a modern web browser. Even the PPC Amigas are 20 years behind the rest of the world in terms of software and the dependencies needed to bring OS4 anywhere near a "modern" PC in terms of standards that would allow for coders to port modern software to OS4. As Doctor McCoy said, "She's dead Jim." And no amount of hand-wringing or speculation is going to bring the Amiga back. It would be nice if these hand-wringing minions would just accept that the Amiga's time has long since passed and just enjoy their Amigas as a retro-hobby but they're unable and/or unwilling to do so.

Last edited by ferrels on 08-May-2020 at 02:51 AM.

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 8-May-2020 2:49:10
#4 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

He never mentioned you. Why would you think he thought it was you?

Amiga4000 
Posted on 8-May-2020 3:30:15
#5 ]

@MEGA-RJ-MICAL

HA! I called it first! MEGA-RJ-MICAL would dive head first into the irony of RJ Mical's cerebral reality! LOVE IT!

amigadave 
Posted on 8-May-2020 3:36:52
#6 ]

@DiscreetFX

I haven't noticed any other members posting here in a long time that had a "Moderator" tag, and even though I asked that my moderator tag be removed years ago, it still remains. That is why I think he "might" be implying that it was me. I really don't care what he writes or implies though, but thought I would clear the question for any other members who might have thought it was me.

bison 
Posted on 8-May-2020 3:37:57
#7 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA-RJ-MICAL

I see you've been pumping iron since your reincarnation.

drHirudo 
Posted on 8-May-2020 4:11:08
#8 ]

I vouch for this guy MEGA-RJ-MICAL to be banned with all his accounts, even if only for his ugly avatars. When I see his posts I don't read them, so I don't know what he writes about, neither care, but please at least censor these ugly avatars.

Anonymous 
Posted on 8-May-2020 4:52:02
# ]

@ferrels

Quote:

ferrels wrote:
@MEGA-RJ-MICAL

Why the unfair ban? Because the lunatics are running this asylum. I've visited this forum and a couple other Amiga-related forums for well over a decade now and it's the same folks who show up here year after year starting new threads or resurrecting long dead threads and wringing their hands over what must be done to make the Amiga a viable platform once again. Many of them are simply ignorant of the changes in technology since the Amiga died in the early 1990's, the others are delusional or just plain stupid, or some combination of the aforementioned.

Well said friend ferrels, really well said.
But this is really the exquisite icing on a never-seen-before cake: to ban someone, because someone else who is a clone of him, crossed the line. And that other one, is still free to roam. Will the extremely high iq moderator who performed this stunt have the guts to stand up?

@amigadave

I didn't imply it was you.

@bison

I always did, friend Bison! I just rolled my sleeves to show my new AmiDARK tattoo. You might have missed it, distracted by the oiled beauty of my biceps.

@drHirudo

Silence, scum

Now and forever Last Edited By MEGA_RJ_MICAL on a cloudy day of May

Last edited by MEGA-RJ-MICAL on 08-May-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Report this post  
saipaman4366 
Posted on 8-May-2020 4:53:19
#10 ]

@drHirudo

That has to be the most sensible comment I've seen in this forum for months.

BSzili 
Posted on 8-May-2020 5:35:28
#11 ]

@drHirudo

You don't even read his posts, yet you want to censor his avatar, so others can't enjoy it? Now that's not nice. Instead I propose to not look at his avatar either

AP 
Posted on 8-May-2020 7:55:07
#12 ]
Cult Member

@BSzili: It´s not about ugly or not, he steals photos from other persons and uses them for his avatar. Sure someone can ignore every post of him (what I do since some time), but spamming nearly every discussion with nonsense here (last time with two accounts) isn't really helpful.

BigD 
Posted on 8-May-2020 8:07:39
#13 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Violent Ken who?

Was that the sound of a million VVVOOORRRs (or at least two from duplicate accounts) screaming out in unison and then being silenced forever?

BSzili 
Posted on 8-May-2020 8:15:05
#14 ]

@AP

You can't really steal something that's out in the public. If there's a rule on aw.net that you can't use edited images as your avatar, then I wasn't aware of it. By this logic I would have to be censored as well, because I stole a photo of Peter Sellers.

AP 
Posted on 8-May-2020 10:40:49
#15 ]
Cult Member

@BSzili: It´s all a matter of personal taste, but I don't agree with steeling photos from other aw-members (RobertB in this case) or from RJ Mical (from whom he is even using his name and pretended that he could be him at the beginning).

This in combination with spamming his nonsense-posts (even with two different accounts) isn't exactly what I support, even if there are no forum-rules for that.

Using photos from other celebrities in general is ok for me, I use Homer Simpson

But that's again too much attention for this guy. Why discuss "an unfair ban" which isn't unfair after all?

Last edited by AP on 08-May-2020 at 10:41 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 8-May-2020 10:44:53
#16 ]
Elite Member

@BSzili

.. and I have edited a screenshot from a Westwood Studios game, the IP of which is now owned by the litigious Electronic Arts mega corporation who had no issue destroying Westwood Studios themselves

No cease and desist notifications have been forthcoming thank goodness and I am not suffering the lockdown in jail! Half the internet would be removed overnight if this sort of fan service/image editing for personal use was made illegal!

There could be an issue if he was pretending to actually be R J Mical and mis-representing him but I think we all know the man behind the mask is a corrupted clone from the planet Kamino and not the designer of Intuition! Call me intuitive

Just to clarify; I am not actually a Harkonnen Trooper currently embroiled in a territory dispute on the planet Arrakis either! Though some have said I'm a master of the 'weirding way'

BSzili 
Posted on 8-May-2020 10:54:57
#17 ]

@BigD

Speaking of EA, fortunately they haven't manage to destroy Westwood Studios completely. Many of the former employees went on to form Petroglyph Games. Recently they even "partnered" with EA to create a Remastered Collection of the C&C series, which is due to be released this year.

BigD 
Posted on 8-May-2020 11:07:33
#18 ]
Elite Member

@BSzili

Quote:

BSzili wrote:
@BigD

Speaking of EA, fortunately they haven't manage to destroy Westwood Studios completely. Many of the former employees went on to form Petroglyph Games. Recently they even "partnered" with EA to create a Remastered Collection of the C&C series, which is due to be released this year.

That is such great news and I missed the announcement! Maybe EA has learnt from the shambolic launch of Star Wars Battlefront 2 and actually wants to use IP available to them to please the fans rather than push micro-transactions!

Announcement video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iMfypQj3k0

Last edited by BigD on 08-May-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Rob 
Posted on 8-May-2020 11:39:38
#19 ]
Elite Member

@BSzili

Quote:
You don't even read his posts,

You only need to read one and you've pretty much read them all. Not that I agree deplatforming people or censoring posts.

BSzili 
Posted on 8-May-2020 11:56:45
#20 ]

@Rob

My point was that if he doesn't even read MRJM's posts then he should take the same approach when it comes to his avatar

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle