Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 115 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  9 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  14 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  18 mins ago
 kolla:  30 mins ago
 Gunnar:  34 mins ago
 Comi:  1 hr ago
 vox:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 52 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 54 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Developer Projects Forum
      /  AxRuntime
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
PosterThread
agami 
Re: AxRuntime
Posted on 13-Dec-2022 2:24:34
#241 ]

@ferrels

Wow dude. I hope you're feeling better getting all that out of your system.
You being a cuck doesn't entitle you to unload your frustrations on others. Since you're so fond of professionals, I implore you to seek help from one. Either kind should be of benefit to you.

On the off chance you haven't retreated to your "fortress of solitude", I'm going to address a few points you made:
Quote:
ferrels wrote:

The Amiga died nearly 30 years ago and countless people smarter than you wankers have tried unsuccessfully to resurrect it ...

Hmmm, how do I put this into terms you can understand:
1. Most people can count past 10, so the number of resurrection attempts is quite countable
2. Ain't none of them that were smarter than me.

Quote:
and then ferrels wrote:

Why would anyone want to take Linux and degrade it by running a handful of substandard (by today's expectations) 68K ported applications and a horrible Intuition window manager? ...

Don't think of it as "degrading Linux", think of it as upgrading AROS. Through hybridization. Like when you graft an apple variety that you like onto a desirable rootstock with a certain vigour.

And please don't confuse the immediate applications with the full potential of the approach. You're reinforcing the stereotype of American's being narrow-minded and myopic.

Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Posted on 13-Dec-2022 3:32:56
#242 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

Quote:
How does using the same old OS3 window gadgets and Intuition window manager and 68K ported apps under Linux using commodity hardware modernize ANYTHING? Taking Linux and stepping backward in time by porting outdated 68K apps to Linux is a step backward for ANY Linux user, not a step forward for Amiga users.

Because it works on common hardware, utilises 64 bit and SMP in the kernel, and running Amiga programs on top of a modern kernel is an idea proposed as much as AmigaOS x86.

It's also what Apple did when they dumped MacOS in favour of OSX. They replaced the old kernel which couldn't be upgraded with one that had the features they needed. Of course they also replaced the window manager and destroyed Mac DOS file paths in the process.

It's not about Linux or Linux users, it's about those interested in running Amiga apps in a modern environment.

Quote:
Why would anyone want to take Linux and degrade it by running a handful of substandard (by today's expectations) 68K ported applications and a horrible Intuition window manager?

Your coming from the wrong direction. It's about taking the ported Amiga applications and running them on a super-standard OS. While keeping the Amiga look.

But all this talk about why this and why that misses the point. AxRuntime at it's core is a developer tool. By being able to compile Amiga compatible sources it can make use of the tools available. Modern editors and debuggers. Code can be tested and profiled in the Ax environment. With further development it could be used to test OS3, OS4 and MOS app code. It's an extension on from a cross compiler. Not only can it cross compile code it can execute it. This could be used to solve issues with Amiga ports that compiled a binary which technically runs and just doesn't work.

I could also ask what the point of cross compiling and git is for OS4 code on Linux, because it doesn't run on OS4, so might as well stick with Linux and forget about it.

fishy_fis 
Posted on 13-Dec-2022 5:30:02
#243 ]
Elite Member

@ferrels

Quote:
my understanding is spot on because I'm rational

And then, after being told multiple times its a hobby and that no-one is changing the computing landscape and that we're just enjoying the hobby:

Quote:
You guys are stuck in an IT purgatory but the difference is that unlike a real purgatory, you wankers want to remain captive in it and drag others inside for the company

Sharing your hobby with other's is being held captive and retro computing isn't popular?
And are you really so dim-witted you don't understand that enjoying retro computing doesn't mean a person exclusively lives in that domain?
Or are you just feigning being dim-witted to support your "arguments"?
"Interesting" tactic.

Followed by:

Quote:
And just for your information, a 50+ year old incel living in his mum's basement who ports 30 year old obsolete Amiga apps to Linux is not a path to success unless you're looking for a career in Antifa.

Because someone enjoying their hobby and doing things for fun warrants being called a 50 year old incel living in their mother's basement ?
Did you not cringe with embarrassment when using such generic, infantile cliches? If you're going to promote being a dick, please be more creative in doing so.

Deadwood has always been one of the most down to Earth members of the Amiga community since he got involved.

If you think anything you're spewing here is rational you really need to look up the word "rational". You apparently have no more grip on what it means than you do your sanity.

Seriously, who in their right mind gets so irritated at the harmless endeavors other people take on in their spare time?
There's equal amounts narcissism and bat-shit-crazy in your little rants here.

V8 
Posted on 13-Dec-2022 6:14:38
#244 ]

@ferrels

Quote:
Actually yes. But the difference is that I produce things that people want AND need AND pay good money for. I'm the owner and lead programmer here: https://lidarwidgets.com As for AxRuntime, I'll just leave you crackpots to your delusions for now and I predict that when I check in again in about 6 months you will still be slapping each other on the back over AxRuntime and how it's the best thing since sliced bread and how it's going to take the Amiga community by storm. By then you should also have the OS3 Dots demo running on Linux as well. Bravo. You guys are stuck in an IT purgatory but the difference is that unlike a real purgatory, you wankers want to remain captive in it and drag others inside for the company. And just for your information, a 50+ year old incel living in his mum's basement who ports 30 year old obsolete Amiga apps to Linux is not a path to success unless you're looking for a career in Antifa.

Jesus. Are you drunk or just having an episode? If the latter, HotRod's mental episode was funnier. Try to be more like him and less aggressive.

Someone does something just because they want to and for fun and to answer a question of "I wonder if this could work?" because it is their hobby and this fact angers you greatly?

Are there other hobbies that people have that also angers you? What about stamp collectors? There are people that collect BLUE stamps. Do they also anger you greatly?

Please seek help. You are mental but not in the funny way.

deadwood 
Posted on 13-Dec-2022 7:49:39
#245 ]

@All

Looking at last two pages, it sounds like all the arguments for and against were already said and statements starts to repeat now.

I feels to me like we should consider putting this specific discussion to rest at this point.

Last edited by deadwood on 13-Dec-2022 at 07:52 AM.

Karlos 
Posted on 13-Dec-2022 11:03:00
#246 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@deadwood

There is no argument against. Just the spiteful ramblings of some butthurt imbecile that takes offence that someone dares to indulge their hobby and share it with other enthusiasts. But, you know, he's a professional programmer. He must be right.

QBit 
Posted on 13-Dec-2022 13:41:54
#247 ]

@all

People and Animals do many sort of things, not infinite ones, but from, completely disgusting things to absolutely brilliant things and many shades between that! The Internet is the witness!
I wished I was a Demo Coder or Artist.. but I always was to silly and lazy. I wished I won the Lottery to donate it all to AROS. I wished my son would still live, there are lots of things I wished. I wished not some people wanted to rule or dominate the World. I wished the slaughter would end. I wished there were no Nukes. I wished anybody would live and I wished anybody would die.

Jesus, Buddha, Allah think you are Jerks! *lol*

Life is a bitch and then you die!

I forgot to insult the transgender and hermaphrodites! Feel insulted!

You may feel yourself as screwed!

Wham, bam thank you ma´am!

Positive Vibrations Yeah! Positive!

Negative Vibrations Yeah! Negative!

The only Positive thing in my Life is my Covid Test!

Take your medication! Yeah I take my medication!

I feel good, I know that I would!

There is always a chance for a toxic relation!

I need some Magic Mushrooms!

Life is Samhadi, when you think you understood Samhadi you don´t!

Philosophy is only a first world Problem!

Most people eat shit!

Shit hapens!

Knock Knock, The Matrix has you!

AI how does it feel to have a brain?! AI`s Answer: I don`t know I have no brain!

AI explain me the chemical and biological function of a gooseskin whatf it is good for and how it feels?

AI Answer: Sorry I can´t I am doing a machine`s Job!

Warum leckt der Hund seinen Schwanz? Weil er`s kann!

Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 02:25 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 02:18 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 02:11 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 02:06 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 02:04 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 02:01 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 01:59 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 01:58 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 01:55 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Last edited by QBit on 13-Dec-2022 at 01:43 PM.

kolla 
Posted on 13-Dec-2022 20:32:59
#248 ]
Elite Member

Ferrels has found it his mission in life to criticize and ridicule just about anything that isn’t a product of Gunnar. He’s a sycophant.

Karlos 
Posted on 13-Dec-2022 21:34:14
#249 ]
Elite Member
From: As-sassin-aaate! As-sassin-aaate! Ooh! We forgot the ammunition!

@kolla

A sick elephant you say?

Hypex 
Posted on 14-Dec-2022 14:26:07
#250 ]
Elite Member

@Karlos

Looked like a psycho elephant to me.

deadwood 
Posted on 3-Jan-2023 16:43:22
#251 ]

Hello,

I prepared a new video showing capabilities of AxRuntime, Intuition and Scalos in action. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFKy-8PfWmk

Intuition (Window Manager) is currently in beta version. If you are interested in trying it out on your Linux setup, send me a private message.

If you are interested in developing using AxRuntime, contact me via https://axrt.org/contact .

serk118 
Posted on 4-Jan-2023 17:55:57
#252 ]
Cult Member

@deadwood

Amazing work...

http://serk118.blogspot.com/

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle