Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
32 crawler(s) on-line.
 91 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

NutsAboutAmiga,  matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 min ago
 matthey:  2 mins ago
 ktadd:  30 mins ago
 amigakit:  39 mins ago
 kriz:  51 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 kiFla:  1 hr 34 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 35 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 1 min ago

/  Forum Index
   /  AROS Software
      /  Developer / Webdesigner / Content-creating contest
Register To Post

PosterThread
phoenixkonsole 
Developer / Webdesigner / Content-creating contest
Posted on 9-May-2020 9:45:00
#1 ]

Hello dear Amigans (of all flavours ; ) ) ,

we are going to launch a Game, App, Webservice and Content-creation contest in our TELOS community. (you know the currency which was launched by renaming Amicloud to Transcendence and in order to finance AROS, Amiga-Developer but was than as usually bashed by Amiga trolls instead of supported ... bla bla bla meh meh and meh :D ) -> read it with irony and sarcasm.

I would still like to invite everyone here as I believe we have also talented and "open-minded" not biased people in this Amiga Community.

If you are game-developer, application developer, Content-creator (blogger, vlogger, writer) or web designer you can join the competition.

The price tags are declared in EURO but will be paid in TELOS. Telos is a staking and Masternode coin.. so you can expect an ROI of 51% (at this time).. So at best you can put the coins by side and get annual ~50% of the price tag automagically. Or you just dump them and convert them to EURO or Dollar.. Thats your decision.

My intention is to get some creative and skilled people involved.
Your work even if you don't win in one or even all categories may still be worthy and if i like it I may even support your idea further. Who knows maybe you create the next big thing.

The games for example don't need to utilise the currency.. naming it would be enough (remember the advertising games from Kellogs and such) .. so even an Amiga Game could participate this way.

I would be happy if some of the Amiga Community will join.. And even more if one or more win in a category.

Best Regards,
Pascal

https://telosgreen.org/EN/styled-9/styled-18/

EDIT:
And yeah i know.. the next one will say "oh he is again promoting his shit" ... and I will think "oh lord I try to gift money, what a moron" ... puuhhh its so meh : )
But i am getting old and dealing with trolls made me a sort of The Mask (Jim Carrey) meats Tony Montana. Translates to open, funny, speedy but as soon a problem pops up : boom...
It's even sad that i feel the need to write this in my first post again : D

EDIT2:
Also accepted would be a rebranded or remixed version of one of your existing games.. - just as inspiration.

Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 09:59 AM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 09:49 AM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
NutsAboutAmiga 
Re: Developer / Webdesigner / Content-creating contest
Posted on 9-May-2020 10:06:58
#2 ]
Elite Member

@phoenixkonsole

"coupons" or "monopoly" money we have some experience with in this community.

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=16921

So idea is that we win something that but what is that something really worth, also see we are supposed to give away what we create, so I guess you can sell it. Yes I agree that coupons might be better then uploading things for free to Aminet or OS4depot. But this deal looks really fuzzy to me.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 09-May-2020 at 10:25 AM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 09-May-2020 at 10:07 AM.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 9-May-2020 10:10:30
#3 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga
: )
well.. we have a daily volume of 10K euro.. you can get rid of them at any point..
Also we have an OTC Marketplace so the volume is higher than what you see on exchanges.

It may look fuzzy for someone who isn't into crypto.. if you are into crypto you may see it totally different.

We are close to TELOS 3.0 so people accumulated and keep their coins.. this puts traded volume down as well.

The fact is getting 3000€ in TELOS is more expensive than getting 3000€ ...
If you like to be a fool i like to send EURO ...
If you try to buy TELOS for 3K you will automatically increase its value on exchanges and so you pay more. -> so the deal is much better ; )

EDIT:
try to focus on positive things:
You get coupons..
you get a showcase

We are Masternode.buzz premium backer so you have a small platform to remember people about Amiga

and if you believe in crypto you earn real money at best..

If I tell you how much money people made with TELOS while people call it coupons you would start whining.. (you can paint a black future for everything but you can't deny a successful trackrecord)

Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 10:13 AM.

cgutjahr 
Posted on 9-May-2020 13:54:39
#4 ]
Cult Member

This doesn't sound shady to me. NOT AT ALL.

Also, kudos on the brilliant marketing: "You guys are all ugly, and I'm *sooo* over you. Plus you smell really bad. Hey, how about you create tons of content for me?"

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 9-May-2020 14:28:44
#5 ]

@cgutjahr
Can we stay on topic?
What is your problem? That you are unable to provide content ?
What qualifies you to post here something about marketing?
This is an offer..
If someone has done something "already" he can just repaint it .. so i don't even ask for much "work".

People like you are like cancer to the Amiga..

Again.. See it as gift..
I don't ask for something which a contant creator couldn't do in 15 minutes of his life.. if he can reuse what he did already. (you understand it ? - my intention ? )

A person like you who can do nothing, seems not to be capable to "recognise" the low entry level.

So shut up and do something else than "taking me as person" again for compensation of your Corona bore-out.

My sentences Ive wrote where exactly targeted at you. and you proof it right.
Facepalm .

Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 02:29 PM.
Last edited by phoenixkonsole on 09-May-2020 at 02:29 PM.

OlafS25 
Posted on 9-May-2020 14:39:51
#6 ]
Elite Member

@phoenixkonsole

I do not know how many are willing to give away the sources, expecially for that money

The first three get money (or coupons). The others keep their rights?

And is it possible to change this digital currency in real money and at what rate?

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 9-May-2020 14:49:24
#7 ]

@OlafS25
this is a valid question.. The thing is that we need to check the source in order to prevent hacks and malware attempts. Therefore it is also not possible to apply in an "incognito" way.

Crypto is money and if one closed source exe steals your money, i don't want to be responsible for this in any way.

So it must be opened up. BUT we can exclude releasing sources for Amiga software for example.
So that's a good point.

You can still do mixed Licenses or prohibit commercial use and reuse. Also against us.. so we need to rework these sentences.

Next point:
Yes you can convert it to EURO
There are different exchanges available:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/teloscoin/markets/

Whatever if someone asks i would pay in EURO as it is less expensive for me than paying in TELOS. After july another halvening is coming so the value and scarcity of TELOS increases at payout time..
I would do better to pay EURO.

Petah 
Posted on 9-May-2020 15:11:32
#8 ]

Quote:
This doesn't sound shady to me. NOT AT ALL.

Agreed - not fishy at all. In situations like these a lot of people probably ask themselves what MegaRJ would do.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 9-May-2020 15:16:11
#9 ]

@Petah
This is creative : D

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle