Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 152 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  29 mins ago
 DWolfman:  38 mins ago
 cncparts:  2 hrs 12 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  2 hrs 58 mins ago
 Beajar:  3 hrs 17 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 20 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 23 mins ago
 RobertB:  4 hrs 43 mins ago
 OlafS25:  5 hrs 32 mins ago
 Bruce72:  5 hrs 34 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga collection for sale
Register To Post

PosterThread
amigadave 
Amiga collection for sale
Posted on 24-Aug-2020 17:37:50
#1 ]

I've decided to sell most (maybe all) of my Classic Amiga hardware/systems/peripherals, and move to a Vampire V4 stand alone, for my hardware fix, and WinUAE/FSUAE when it isn't convenient to run the Vampire V4. I'll still be running MorphOS on Mac hardware, in fact, I just acquired a 2.5GHz Quad G5 PowerMac yesterday w/Radeon 1950XT video card and MorphOS license, in trade for some of my Classic Amiga hardware.

Check the Classified Section here at AW.net, and please contact me if you are looking for a specific piece of hardware. I might have it, though my collection is not as large as it once was. I have no more A3000's, and for now I'll be keeping at least one A4000 w/Video Toaster/Flyer, and might keep my "like new" CDTV, that I bought from Carl Sassenrath at a past AmiWest Show.

Profile     Report this post  
Rob 
Re: Amiga collection for sale
Posted on 24-Aug-2020 23:22:41
#2 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

Quote:
and might keep my "like new" CDTV, that I bought from Carl Sassenrath at a past AmiWest Show.

Pretty sure that it was CDTV CR models that Carl was selling at Amiwest. I'd say to hang on to that one.

amigadave 
Posted on 25-Aug-2020 21:23:12
#3 ]

@Rob

Nope, it is a standard CDTV. Carl had 3 of them as I recall, and after the auctioning off of most of his items during that show, there was still one brand new, in the box, CDTV, which I then purchased, and had Carl and Dale Luck sign the inside of the top metal cover of the case.

It will most likely be one of the last Classic Amigas that I hold on to, though I am disappointed that so few expansions and accelerators are made for it, and most people still doing hardware projects for the Amiga, usually ignore making a version that will work inside a CDTV. It's an "odd duck", but I like how it blends in with more standard looking electronics, and can be used in a living room, without upsetting the wife/partner of the female persuasion, too much.

I have most add-ons for the CDTV already, just wish there were more, or maybe a Vampire version that fits inside of it.

Edit: update to the list of items for sale;

I'm adding my A1200 NTSC w/Phase5 68060 accelerator (not the PPC model) w/SCSI2 controller and 256mb of Fast RAM. Includes Indivision AGA (the original version I think), and USB controller. I've been running it from an ATX PSU with a cable adapter, but I suspect that the PSU may be going bad and don't want to ship the PSU with it due to the weight. It's a very nice system, and I have a brand new case for it as well, from the Kickstarter campaign a while back. I don't want to sell it in pieces, even though I know I could get more money for it that way. I'll just hope that who ever buys it, doesn't turn around and sell it as pieces on eBay. Make offer

Last edited by amigadave on 25-Aug-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Rob 
Posted on 27-Aug-2020 0:25:38
#4 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

Quote:
Nope, it is a standard CDTV. Carl had 3 of them as I recall, and after the auctioning off of most of his items during that show, there was still one brand new, in the box, CDTV, which I then purchased, and had Carl and Dale Luck sign the inside of the top metal cover of the case.

Looking back through the archives it turns out he only had one CDTV CR on sale. I must have read about that, seen a bunch of CDTVs in the photos and videos and assumed they were all CDTV CRs.

ronsmith 
Posted on 31-Aug-2020 7:50:53
#5 ]

@amigadave

I will contact you soon. I hope you still have something for sale

Last edited by ronsmith on 11-Sep-2020 at 06:10 AM.
Last edited by ronsmith on 02-Sep-2020 at 05:24 AM.
Last edited by ronsmith on 02-Sep-2020 at 05:23 AM.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle