Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 109 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  12 mins ago
 Rob:  18 mins ago
 zipper:  41 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 Comi:  2 hrs 28 mins ago
 vox:  3 hrs 14 mins ago
 BigD:  4 hrs 21 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Viva Amiga: the Extended Remix
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertB 
Viva Amiga: the Extended Remix
Posted on 27-Sep-2020 20:04:46
#1 ]

In 2017, Viva Amiga, a film about the Amiga computer, was released for download and on DVD. Now, Viva Amiga: the Extended Remix has been released! The original clocked in at 1 hour, 2 minutes; the new version is a heady 2 hours, 36 minutes!

The Remix has even more details provided by Amiga developers, fans, and the Commodore/Amiga engineers. Especially the engineers who were left out of the original, like Bil Herd and Andy Finkel, and more from Bryce Nesbitt, Jeff Porter, and Dave Haynie et al. They talk about Commodore Business Machines, Jack Tramiel, and the transition from 8-bit Commodores to the Amiga.

Viva Amiga: the Extended Remix is for premium download at

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/vivaamigaremix

Sincerely,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group -
http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore and Amiga Network -
http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

Profile     Report this post  
Templario 
Re: Viva Amiga: the Extended Remix
Posted on 29-Sep-2020 9:01:31
#2 ]
Elite Member

@RobertB
It is not free. I don't pay two times when still I waiting the first version.

Neither I donwloaded it here:
Viva.Amiga.The.Story.of.a.Beautiful.Machine.2017.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP2.0.x264-alfaHD
VPN:

Last edited by Templario on 29-Sep-2020 at 09:02 AM.

FairBoy 
Posted on 29-Sep-2020 10:30:52
#3 ]

@RobertB
Thanks for the info!

@Templario
Why should it be for free? It's an extended version.
Why are you still waiting for the first version? This movie has been successfully released years ago.
Why was everybody but you able to either buy it or just get it depending on Kickstarter pledge level?
Why this obviously illegal rip filename?
Why, just why?

Templario 
Posted on 29-Sep-2020 16:22:45
#4 ]
Elite Member

@FairBoy
Perhaps, because they not send me the copy of the documentary after yo país 100 euros.
To pay one second time when with the first time I got nothing will be foolish.
The link perhaps who act bad deserves this. I not see the documentary and there is this options to get It.
And to pay for this documentary with extras, you buy one car and after of 10 years, do you buy extras for your old car?

Akiko 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 7:29:22
#5 ]
Cult Member

To be fair I also didn't receive a copy, and it was also on one of the higher pledges which I believe was approximately £70 from memory.

I recall getting a link to dl it, and my name was in the credits which was quite cool.

Last edited by Akiko on 30-Sep-2020 at 07:30 AM.

CD32/ FMV Module

Templario 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 7:51:48
#6 ]
Elite Member

@Akiko
You hoy more than me, I not got the link, neither be on the credits, but I would have conformed with he promised, the DVD copy.

FairBoy 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 9:05:36
#7 ]

@Templario
Quote:
Perhaps, because they not send me the copy of the documentary after yo país 100 euros.

Perhaps? Perhaps they did and it got lost? Besides that you should have received a link at least. If you really pledged and if the email address you provided is working, of course.
So, did you rule out that possibility and also postal service issues? Did you get in touch with them and asked them politely to solve your problem? Maybe "still waiting" alone just isn't enough.
I just checked: the Kickstarter page is still alive and Zach answered a question not too long ago. But who is "they" anyway? Did you buy it elsewhere? Then you're probably barking at the wrong tree.

Quote:
I not got the link, neither be on the credits

Huh, but you said you didn't see the movie, not even using your illegal rip. Or are the credits available elsewhere? Or didn't you pledge enough after all?

Quote:
And to pay for this documentary with extras, you buy one car and after of 10 years, do you buy extras for your old car?

Hm, yes, sure, that's probably one of the most natural things to do. There are even words for things like that: "extras", which is the one you just used. Or "expansions".
But why cars? This is an Amiga site: You could have bought a good old Amiga 500 and then buy extras for that old machine now, even more than 30 years later.

Quote:
The link perhaps who act bad deserves this.

Are you serious?

@Akiko
Did you try to contact Zach? While Templario seems to think that he "acts bad", he certainly does not.

Last edited by FairBoy on 30-Sep-2020 at 09:07 AM.

kas1e 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 10:05:34
#8 ]
Elite Member

@FairBoy

Don't lose your time on Templario, he is known to moan for the sake of moaning. He actually didn't need any product or anything to which he pays years ago, instead, he needs to moan. Like it was with my port of VPDF from MorphOS to AmigaOS4, which were done a few years ago, I made news about, forum topics there on aw.net and on amigans.net, upload it on os4depot, so everyone who in interest get it, and then he for those last years, every time saying "where is the port, I donated to it". And when I point out my fingers on all this, he says "oh, I just didn't follow AmigaOS anymore". Then question is, what the #### you then moan about it many times if you just can't check the news or os4 file archive if you care at all? And if not, wtf then you wrote about? But that rhetorical, I know the answer: some people just don't have a logic :)

The same was with another project: a game, remastering of "wings", which Daniel just can't finish because of any reasons at moment, and he in all the sites and in all the topics where he wrote saying that he scams him, instead of just get in touch and clear the situation.

The same with viva amiga. He needs nothing, but cry for sake of cry.

When sane people didn't get to what they pay, the wrote polite emails (with the usage of google translate, so to make at least readable letter) or phone calls, or find people in charge in social networks, etc. But not Templario. It seems too much for him to follow human logic.

Templario 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 10:12:49
#9 ]
Elite Member

@FairBoy
I tried contact with him several times during these 10 years but he never answered me, and I wrote him to his several mail address even in the documentary web, but neither I got any answer.

FairBoy 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 10:19:47
#10 ]

@kas1e
Thanks for this clarifying information. I'll give it one more try though.

@Templario
Very weird. That's not the Zach I know.
Then, if you really pledged and are entitled to get a copy then why not just do as I recommended?
Use the Kickstarter site's comments section now! Place a public comment there, asking politely for your copy. A matter of minutes and most likely the problem solver you're looking for since years.

Templario 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 10:26:26
#11 ]
Elite Member

@kas1e
As usual in you, always write without think, is better in this hobby hidden the true, the scams and in this "hobby" all people is good and the Amiga user has pay and shut up as you try to do with me, insulting me or laughing at my english or discrediting my games and programs.
You are the people what confuses the Amiga "hobby" with a private property and everything you do is fine.
The better in the Amiga "hobby" these last years have been to pay and shut up, that you lost money, shut up, that you motherboard doesn't work shut up, that you make a donation with good intentions and there isn't result, shut up.
You and others like you, do more damage that bankruptcy of Commodore, because the people in these free forums can't speak of true problems of this "hobby" lest people not waste their money uselessly to keep your property private.

Templario 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 10:27:34
#12 ]
Elite Member

@FairBoy
Thank you it is a good idea, I try it.

kolla 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 11:51:20
#13 ]
Elite Member

What's most confusing about this, is that extended remix seems to have nothing to do with the original viva amiga kickstart, but instead is a perk in an unrelated kickstart...

Hypex 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 16:45:48
#14 ]
Elite Member

@kolla

Well, I think the term remix is over used these days. I see it a lot to describe Amiga music that is neither a remix or a remaster but a cover version. However, if there's any relation in this case, that's what I call the difference between an extended version and extended remix.

Templario 
Posted on 30-Sep-2020 16:50:51
#15 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex
Also is the famous "director's cut" it will be the next version.

Last edited by Templario on 30-Sep-2020 at 06:19 PM.

FairBoy 
Posted on 4-Oct-2020 18:23:41
#16 ]

@Templario
Quote:

Me: Use the Kickstarter site's comments section now! Place a public comment there, asking politely for your copy. A matter of minutes and most likely the problem solver you're looking for since years.
Templario: Thank you it is a good idea, I try it.

I'm curious, then why didn't you try it in the last couple of days? Instead you put time into this which won't help for sure.
Sorry, but it really looks as if kas1e was right some comments ago, it really looks as if you just want to have something to moan about for the sake of moaning and aren't interested in any problem solving at all.
Which also raises the question if your claims are actually legit.
Or did you lose your Kickstarter account's credentials?

EDIT:
I just saw that you wrote me a PM essentially saying that you cannot login into Kickstarter because you don't have Facebook or Twitter.
Luckily none of these is required to login. Simply use the credentials which you used to login to Kickstarter back then when you backed up "Viva Amiga". Which you did, right?

Last edited by FairBoy on 04-Oct-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Last edited by FairBoy on 04-Oct-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Templario 
Posted on 4-Oct-2020 18:55:01
#17 ]
Elite Member

@FairBoy
Now, I prefer recover my money instead of the documentary, if you think the same than kas1e is your opinion. But in this hobby there are other cases where the bad critics to serious proyects have been done and well, Amiga Racer for example, no one has criticized those critics, I bought the game and I'll like speak with them, because the bad critics did dammage to the game.
I'm when I tryed several times got the DVD with the extras, but now I'm interesting in the money to support true projects for example SDL2 for MorphOS.
My opinion on that thread is the true, in these Amiga forums, if you have one problem you have shut up, but the problem continue, in these last ten years we have supposed Amiga fans but only for get money, when the Amiga user isn't rich, about Viva Amiga is of pay, the first time well he needs money to make the documentary, but this second time? And is correct not send the DVD and neither not answer maild during 10 years?

Rob 
Posted on 5-Oct-2020 22:06:09
#18 ]
Elite Member

@Templario

Viva Amiga wa only released in January 2017, why were you emailing for 10 years?

I think my copy arrived in February or March with other backers reporting they'd got their copy around the same time. When you mailed after that point in time did you quote your Kickstarter backer number?

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 6-Oct-2020 5:37:56
#19 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@Templario

Viva Amiga wa only released in January 2017, why were you emailing for 10 years?

I think my copy arrived in February or March with other backers reporting they'd got their copy around the same time. When you mailed after that point in time did you quote your Kickstarter backer number?

Friend Rob,

I believe it's safe to assume that they have been trying for 10 years to understand what he's writing.
You know, just like us.

MRJM

FairBoy 
Posted on 6-Oct-2020 8:31:08
#20 ]

@Templario
The thing is that you're contradicting yourself all the time. For instance, I told you of the easiest and most simple way to officially contact Zach, a way much superior to mail because it would strengthen your position. You said you'd do that. But you didn't because you thought Facebook or Twitter accounts were required. Which is wrong and is already weird enough because as a backer you should know better and have access to Kickstarter. And when I told you that then you didn't even comment on that but suddenly changed your mind again and came up with weird explanations why you now don't want the video but your money back. However, this doesn't explain why you didn't login into Kickstarter and placed that request there. No matter at which angle I look at it, it doesn't make much sense. The only reason that I can think of why you're acting like that and don't follow the simple advice I gave you is that your claims aren't legit and that you're somebody who just likes to moan, much like kas1e said. Considering all this I even tend to question whether you really are a backer and whether you really wrote mails to Zach at all.

@Rob
@MEGA_RJ_MICAL
Yes, mine arrived during the same time frame. Those "10 Years a Letter Writer" he's talking about are another mystery that makes this whole issue here smell fishy. As does the fact that he never tried to use the Kickstarter comments section before.

I don't understand it.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle