Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 126 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  4 mins ago
 retrofaza:  16 mins ago
 kolla:  19 mins ago
 saimo:  25 mins ago
 A1200:  28 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  33 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  56 mins ago
 zipper:  56 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 RickSkid:  1 hr 42 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  New English-language Amiga Magazine!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
BillE 
Re: New English-language Amiga Magazine!
Posted on 15-Nov-2020 10:41:45
#21 ]

@PixelsAtDawn

I am using Odyssey 1.23 r5 beta 7 the latest version.

Unfortunately more and more sites are using templates instead of coding the pages, that do not respond to clicks or layout with the older webkits used. Same goes for newer captchas, the verify button just does not work.

I may try firing up my old MacMini and see if Wayfarer works, but that is underpowered and quite flaky.

I normally only use my X1000 to do things, I do have a tablet that may work on the site but seeing as I am ordering Amiga magazines I should not need to resort to other solutions

The first step is to remove the captcha, there are other much simpler ways of proving a user is not a robot.

The sort out the payment method button, get rid of the template and just use normal form inputs.

Profile     Report this post  
gareth_k 
Posted on 15-Nov-2020 19:05:41
#22 ]

@BillE wrote:

Quote:

I cannot get beyond the select Payment option. I always get a message "Warning: Payment method required!" despite the Paypal option being clearly selected. Deslecting the option and reselecting it does not work.

I get the same message in Google Chrome. Did you solve this issue?

gareth_k 
Posted on 15-Nov-2020 19:36:35
#23 ]

@amigadave
Quote:

Could it be that there is less coverage of the NG scene, because there is currently less news and new development being done for NG systems?

I hope this new mag covers game engine developments in depth. It'd be nice to see greater coverage of notable developments, such as the Diablo port and attempts to get Ion Fury running on eduke32..

kas1e 
Posted on 15-Nov-2020 21:01:41
#24 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave
Quote:

Could it be that there is less coverage of the NG scene, because there is currently less news and new development being done for NG systems? I'm just playing devils advocate here, not trying to enrage anyone or cause a fuss. It just seems to me, that unless you want Amiga Future to report more of what is happening in the courts and lawsuits, that much more is happening with 68k Amiga development, than currently is happening with the NG AmigaOS4 systems. It seems only natural right now that they have more to report on with 68k Amiga development, both software and hardware, than they can report about Amiga NG, either because of the pending lawsuits, or also because Hyperion and A-Eon are more closed lipped about what they are doing, than the community of 68k developers, and hobby hardware creators.

On both MOS and OS4 things still happens. Maybe not as many expect, but still. As Andreas says, AmigaFuture just didn't have enough writers who cover NG ones, and that the reasons why there is less. For both aos4 and mos enough to go to the morphos-storage and os4depot, and checking what is uploaded in the last 3 months, take the important ones, and cover them. For example, there were some really interesting things done in 3d front on amigaos4, and nothing was written about ever.

Imho, amiga mag needs to be balanced. Because for me opening the latest AmigaFuture mean I just skip pages one after one to see things about NG :) And there is for sure things to discuss still in the mag, just no one seems wrote about anymore.

amigadave 
Posted on 15-Nov-2020 21:56:08
#25 ]

@kas1e

Thanks for your reply. It is encouraging to know that much more is being done for AmigaOS4 than is usually reported in AmigaFuture. I know that the group of developers that are sponsored by A-Eon are always busy, but without the same involvement of the current IP holder, it makes it hard to feel hopeful for the future of AmigaOS4, and I strongly disagree with any of the AmigaOS4 users who blame this lack of progress of AmigaOS4 itself on Cloanto. Hyperion (IMO) are the aggressors who started the conflict and continue to do the only thing they know, which is lawsuits, instead of maintaining an OS and growing a user base. Where would the AmigaOS4 users be without A-Eon and the two men behind it?

Edit: My previous comment in this thread was about AmigaOS4, and I should have excluded MorphOS, which I keep a close eye on, and know that it is progressing steadily and doing (IMO) quite well.

Last edited by amigadave on 15-Nov-2020 at 09:58 PM.

PixelsAtDawn 
Posted on 16-Nov-2020 10:49:36
#26 ]

@BillE

Hmm, I guess it's a constant uphill struggle as web technology evolves. Hopefully one of your other options should work although I appreciate that isn't ideal.

Regarding the 'payment method' issue - I'm seeing that popping up on multiple systems (not just Amiga) so I think that is more than likely a bug in the back end. I had a word with the site owner and they're aware and they're going to take a look at it. In a lot of cases a refresh of the page fixes the issue in the meantime.

Can I ask you to please send your feedback to magazine@amiga-addict.com as I'd rather that got directly to the people who work on the site (I'm only on the writing staff)?

PixelsAtDawn 
Posted on 16-Nov-2020 12:26:07
#27 ]

@gareth_k

See my reply to BillE - this is a known issue, but you can try a page refresh which frequently fixes it.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 17-Nov-2020 0:24:06
#28 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

Well you might not agree, and really is two ways to see this conflict, but what funds development in the end is money, if money has used defend being allowed put name on product Hyperion has been selling for 15 years. Then that money is not going into development, the money Hyperion has fighting Amiga Inc with also slowed development and put resources in legal system instead of into software development, mistakes where done early and it was Amiga Inc inpatient and lack of payment for development that resulted into Hyperion refusing to transferee the assets to Amiga Inc. Amiga Inc had empty offices in 2005, and where bankrupt already then, they tried to puff up there business by calming they had developers in India, but it as impossible to find anyone working on anything Amiga related in India, if assets has been transferred to Amiga Inc back 2005, there wont be any AmigaOS4.1 now, everything be gone. You might not like what they did, how they did it, but I believe it was done to rescue AmigaOS. Fleece moss acid trip plans for AmigaOS, was clear indication that Amiga Inc did not have a clue about what they were doing, and remember the plans changed from week to week, I guess the biggest mistake was going into business with Amiga Inc in the first place. H&P made that mistake, and Hyperion made that mistake. Nothing happened like it was initially planned, it was quick port, ended up being complete rewrite of exec and completely different hardware, cost of development was way beyond what Amiga Inc offered for it, in the buyback agreement. The fact was Eyectech stepped in when hardware that was going be used was not delivered, they rushed in already existing product the Terran cards from Mai Logic, and Hyperion did there best to rescue a dead born project. Maybe they should have cancelled the project right then. Everything else is endless bickering.

eliyahu 
Posted on 16-Dec-2020 16:41:39
#29 ]

@thread

They did it! First issue has been posted to subscribers as of today. More is available on their blog:

https://www.amiga-addict.com/amiga-addict-has-been-dispatched/

-- eliyahu

Rob-A1200 
Posted on 20-Dec-2020 23:39:35
#30 ]

i just pre-ordered myself the first issue on 2nd Dec 2020. and i know they has been despatched on 16th Dec and im still havent got it yet i hope postman come to at my door by tomorrow hopefully and i pay a monthly to do it myself on payment online

vrana 
Posted on 21-Dec-2020 1:59:19
#31 ]

@Rob-A1200

Quote:

Rob-A1200 wrote:
i just pre-ordered myself the first issue on 2nd Dec 2020. and i know they has been despatched on 16th Dec and im still havent got it yet i hope postman come to at my door by tomorrow hopefully and i pay a monthly to do it myself on payment online

I live on the other side of the pond. There is no way in hell it will turn up for me before Christmas but I look forward to it turning up!

Rob-A1200 
Posted on 21-Dec-2020 6:24:43
#32 ]

@vrana

ohh it is a long way from UK to Australia hopefully You'll get magazine ASAP

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 21-Dec-2020 9:40:38
#33 ]
Elite Member

@amigadave

I have not reading Amiga Magazine in years mostly because most news I get from following forums and facebook groups.

Anyway there are things that can be written about like Amos Kittens, new Basilisk II upgraded, Shader Joy, the new web browser for MorphOS, and e-mail client, there is also lot to be written about what old software works on AmigaOS4 and MorphOS, useful tutorials. ZitaFTP for AmigaOS4.

I think way Magazine focus on classic, is because there are more users. More user’s equals bigger market.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 21-Dec-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 21-Dec-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 21-Dec-2020 at 10:00 AM.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 21-Dec-2020 10:22:17
#34 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Seeing who is on the front page, I’m pretty sure this will focus on classic gaming.

eliyahu 
Posted on 21-Dec-2020 15:51:06
#35 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
Seeing who is on the front page, I’m pretty sure this will focus on classic gaming.

Probably -- I'll let you know once I receive my copy. I'm hoping AmigaOS 4 development will pick up again if/when Hyperion releases an OS update and if/when A-EON pull their finger out and release Enhancer 2.0 already.

-- eliyahu

Rob-A1200 
Posted on 21-Dec-2020 22:30:00
#36 ]

i got it arrived today

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle