Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 133 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  6 secs ago
 Comi:  22 mins ago
 amigakit:  43 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 15 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 48 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Happy New Year 2021!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Valiant 
Re: Happy New Year 2021!
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 7:06:48
#41 ]

Happy New Year! from Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.

Amiga 1000; Amiga 2000; Amiga 3000T; CD-TV; CD32;
AmigaOne-XE 800Mhz G4;Sam400ep 666Mhz;
AmigaOne X-1000 1.8Ghz PA6T-1682M

Profile     Report this post  
pavlor 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 8:05:04
#42 ]
Elite Member

@Sacramento

Happy New Year 2021!

Amiga was born on the West Coast.

RobertB 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 8:42:36
#43 ]

Happy New Year!

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

pavlor 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 9:01:42
#44 ]
Elite Member

@Anchorage

Happy New Year 2021 to all Amigans in Alaska!

pavlor 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 9:32:03
#45 ]
Elite Member

@Taiohae

Happy New Year 2021!

pavlor 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 10:05:13
#46 ]
Elite Member

@Honolulu

Happy New Year 2021!

BigD 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 10:48:39
#47 ]
Elite Member

@Petah

Quote:

Petah wrote:
Of course, England and Wales will always be welcome back to the European family once it's citizens have come to their senses
🇪🇺. Gibraltar and Scotland... well, that's another story. See you guys after the referendum! ❤️

Pompous to the last! Federalism offers the United Kingdom no benefits and the EEC trading block is now an anti-democracy straight jacket for its members. We are an independent sovereign state once again and will not join a political union like the EU again unless we become a failed state with no ability to govern ourselves! Why delegate decision making to an undemocratic federalist bureaucracy to make the decisions for us! The EU is a quango (EU Commission) led mess that provides false protection for small nations while shackling larger nations so that they never become too nationalistic ever again!

You even attempt to influence the break up of the United Kingdom with talk of individual nations of the UK having a slightly different referendum result ratio! The point is WE the UNITED KINGDOM (it was a UK wide referendum after all) reject the cronyism of EU and embrace the chance to forge our own path in the world and to live and die by our own enterprise and graft!

Happy New Year trading partner and may you always remember that is what you are to us now (and always were). A friend to trade goods with. Federalist aspirations are hypocritical if the EU was set up to promote peace as is an EU Army as is the ridiculously low voter representation/accountability seen in the European Parliament. Buy our goods (and we’ll return the favour), use our financial services but don’t tell us how to live our lives any more!

Happy New Year and may God bless your constituent nation states in 2021!

pavlor 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 11:01:40
#48 ]
Elite Member

@Midway

Happy New Year 2021!

Enjoy last moments of the year 2020!

amigang 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 11:30:20
#49 ]
Elite Member

Happy New Year!!!!

@BigD
Hope Brexit works out, i was a remainer, but glad that democracy was upheld and hope you get what ever it was you think you get out of brexit, I agree with the point on EU, it far from perfect, but it kinda of maybe a necessary so Europe can stand up to the big country like china, usa and russia. Just hope it doesn't lead to the end of United Kingdom, which i think it far more likely now than it every has been in the past, but still let not go into politic to much, as the song goes "Whatever will be, will be, The future's not ours to see, Que será, será, What will be, will be, Que será, será"

Last edited by amigang on 01-Jan-2021 at 04:23 PM.

pavlor 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 12:16:42
#50 ]
Elite Member

At Midnight on Baker Island, year 2020 is no more.

!!Happy New Year 2021!!

BigD 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 13:35:38
#51 ]
Elite Member

@amigang

2021 will be whatever we make it virus or no virus, inside the EU or outside it! It wasn’t the EU that allowed the sale of Arm Holdings, Cobham Aviation and Cadbury’s, it was us and our free market ideology. The EU and USA pretends they agree but Germany and the US will be isolationist and block company sales on national interest grounds when it suits them.

It’s about time we did the same and I’m glad that we can now ignore new EU regulations if we want to! That’s what many EU states do anyway if they’re honest! No hard feelings but when we make laws we abide by them probably because there’s is a tangible democratic mandate from the population in our parliamentary democracy so it carries more weight than the quango led system that rules the EU is. Our mistake was taking the EU political system seriously and thinking the EU cared about concepts like UK national interest beyond giving us back some of our own money for development projects!

Zylesea 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 14:29:44
#52 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:

Well, most parts of Europe have learned that together is better than alone and opposite. Still there is lot of room for improvement, but I am a very sorry the UK leaft the EU.
I really like the UK, but probably I will visit the UK less (maybe Ireland insted now), don't care any more about UK's (business/political/ecological) plans (not meant against you, but not fighting for your interests any more) and cut off my business with the UK (ok, was not that big, but in future it will probably be zero).

The problem: About the half of the population of the UK is pro or contra EU. Hence it's very diffucult to find a solution that satisfies all of the population. You were in for a while, now you are out for a while. Maybe in ten years it's time to sum it up and decide again.

And as much as I am against splitting up the EU, you pointed out a few things that need an overhaul. Eventually it's up to us members to make the most out of it. And the process showed it is possible to leave he EU if wanted. It breaks some glass though, but it's doable for those who really want.

Anyway best wishes for 2021. And let's see if Scotland splits up and joins he Union. Once you (i.e. the UK) are out you cannot ask the EU to support London in keeping another country against their will in this union called UK. If the EU cal let a memer go, the UK should be able to do that, too.

Not "quot licet iovi, non licet bovi, but "Quot licet iovi, bovum licendum esse (if my latin ist still right).

Happy 2021

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 15:02:02
#53 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

Glad to see our friend BigD is always oh so cheerful and oh so pleasantly light-hearted.

MRJM

redfox 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 15:47:44
#54 ]
Elite Member

Happy New Year to all of you.

redfox

AmigaSource 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 17:30:28
#55 ]

Wishing eveyone a safe and productive 2021! Happy New Year!!

Please visit AmigaSource.com!!! Since 2001... Your BEST source for Amiga information. Again... *** Always Under Construction *** (Over 3000+ Amiga links for your viewing pleasure! -- Please help spread the word!)

BigD 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 18:07:49
#56 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Happy New Year chum!

I think I speak with total accuracy if I say you are perfectly able to balance out what serious discussion points I raise with utter pointless VVVOORRR-ing madness! And that is fine... it takes all sorts and we are all welcome here.

Last edited by BigD on 01-Jan-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Evillord68 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 21:36:50
#57 ]

Happy new year and health to all.

tygre 
Posted on 1-Jan-2021 22:18:35
#58 ]

Happy new year! Health and prosperity to all!

Nimrod 
Posted on 3-Jan-2021 19:58:58
#59 ]

@BigD The EU is so anti-democratic that it allows every member state to veto treaties,not justthe biggest ones. The EU is so anti-democratic that it allows any member state to have a referendum at a time of the member states own choosing to trigger article fifty. This contrasts with the UK's position that the parties to the act of Union must grovel at the feet of their English overlord to beg their permission to terminate the act of union.
You call the UK a democratic nation, yet it has a voting system that gave 56% of the seats to a party that only received 43% of the popular vote, and gave 48 seats to a party that had 3.9% of the vote while only giving 11 seats to a party that received 11.6% of the vote.
The UK "democracy" also reserves 26 seats in its upper chamber for a group of people selected solely because they believe in a mythical figure. Reserving seats for scientists, or legal experts I could understand,but reserving 26 seats for CofE Bishops makes as little sense as reserving a grip on the reins of power based on knowledge of the Harry Potter stories.
You may be happy to lose your job, go broke, lose your home, and die in the street for "sovrintee" but I actually benefited from being an EU citizen, as I knew the whole country would when I voted to remain part of Europe back in 1975. Back then, Britain was "The sick man of Europe" and the referendum returned a 2 to 1 majority.

Nimrod 
Posted on 3-Jan-2021 20:14:30
#60 ]

@Zylesea
I'm sorry we left the EU, and I hate that the "Leave" supporters, who promised faithfully that leaving the EU would not involve leaving the single market and customs union promptly did everything in their power to ensure a "No Deal" Brexit, while burning as many bridges as possible to ensure that even if the popular vote went against isolationism there would a) never be another referendum to join the EU before the Sun goes cold, and b) even if England does ever want to join the EU there will be so much ill will towards them that Europe gives a two word answer, the second word being "Off!"

Couldn't get your Latin, something to do with Jupiter and cows?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle