Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 105 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Comi:  20 mins ago
 Gunnar:  23 mins ago
 amigakit:  41 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 6 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 9 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 15 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 46 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  DiscreetFX's vampire giveaway - who is the winner?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rose 
Re: DiscreetFX's vampire giveaway - who is the winner?
Posted on 5-Feb-2021 18:41:42
#21 ]
Cult Member

@DiscreetFX

Quote:

DiscreetFX wrote:
@BigD

Original announcement was to be mid to late Jan 2021. That’s now been moved to end of Feb 2021 so not much longer. Getting sick really sucked but I managed to survive. Also, the Vampire V4 is no longer backordered with a long waiting list so winner should get their system even sooner than originally thought. Adding extra goodies like the AmigaKit Amiga joystick will just be icing on a gift cake.

"The selection process will be on December 31st, 2020, and the winner will be announced shortly after." That's from your announcement. Doesn't look like mid to late January for me.

Last edited by Rose on 05-Feb-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
DiscreetFX 
Posted on 5-Feb-2021 18:48:30
#22 ]
Elite Member

@Rose

I guess that depends on your interpretation of a short time after. Since the 31st is the day I went to the ER I would imagine most people would be understanding of a delay. Maybe I’m incorrect about that?

Last edited by DiscreetFX on 05-Feb-2021 at 06:50 PM.

amigadave 
Posted on 5-Feb-2021 23:38:44
#23 ]

@DiscreetFX

I'm sorry to read that you have had the unfortunate experience of contracting COVID-19, but glad that you have recovered. Almost everyone I know has lost a friend or family member to this terrible virus, and who knows how many of those we have lost could have been spared, if only the response to this pandemic had been handled in a more responsible and faster manner?

Take care, and I hope you don't have any lingering after effects from the virus.

gonegahgah 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 1:09:06
#24 ]

@DiscreetFX

Is there any plan to start a class action against trump for his wanton disregard of his responsibility for the health of his country's citizens?

Rob 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 4:38:44
#25 ]
Elite Member

@gonegahgah

Quote:
Is there any plan to start a class action against trump for his wanton disregard of his responsibility for the health of his country's citizens?

Policy was largely set at state level rather than federal. Trump could have closed the borders earlier but policies such as moving infected patients into elderly care homes were not set by him. It's rather simplistic to blame Trump for everything that happened and it also avoids the fact that the CCP tried to cover-up the virus and manipulated the W.H.O. into lying to the rest of the world.

gonegahgah 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 6:32:57
#26 ]

@Rob

It's not simplistic. A better, or even capable, president would have resulted in far far fewer American's dying. That's the true simplicity of it all. No other man has so thoroughly ignored the advise of his betters than that man. God help America if he is not totally reigned in! The GOP should be severing him completely and working out how to rebuild their organisation free of his divisiveness, Trump will never be anything but a cancer.

Templario 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 11:42:02
#27 ]
Elite Member

@gonegahgah
In Europe we are not better, the european politicians have been more with the money calculator than lives numbers, I think that the laziness for example in Spain is due to the politicians have though more in the money that governments save for example in pensions and health cares in special in population sectors as are the old people, people with serious diseases as the cancer.

Rob 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 13:42:52
#28 ]
Elite Member

@gonegahgah

The Trump presidency was a symptom of the division that already existed in the USA. The mass media used Trump as a hammer to drive the wedge in faster and further. Even your own blind hatred of the guy is most likely informed by sound bites drip fed to you by the media.

kolla 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 14:21:43
#29 ]
Elite Member

Meanwhile, in Norway, undertakers are asking for economic compensation, as much fewer people are dying than what is normal. Due to corona measures, people are also not dying from regular flue, traffic accidents, avalanches, getting lost in the mountains etc. Instead we are terribly bored, so following the soap opera that is US politics helps a little.

Last edited by kolla on 07-Feb-2021 at 08:20 PM.

gonegahgah 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 14:49:28
#30 ]

@Rob

I live in a country with over 25M people and we've had 909 recorded deaths. The USA has 328M (13x as much as us) but your recorded deaths are 459000 (500x as much as us).

Our conservative leader did something about it. Yours stood by and denied, downplayed, and lied about it. I know who I believe. It's a shame your 45th President was so powerless compared to ours (even with full house of representative and senate GOP control).

gonegahgah 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 14:51:20
#31 ]

@kolla

Same here Kolla. The rate of transmission of other diseases here has dropped drastically!

Samurai_Crow 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 16:35:00
#32 ]
Elite Member

@gonegahgah

The US Constitution was written in the midst of a smallpox epidemic but the founding fathers chose to favor freedom over safety. The US Center for Disease Control can only do one thing legally and that is disband. The tenth amendment, in conjunction with the enumerated powers clause, doesn't allow the federal government to interfere in states' rights and responsibilities.

Trekiej 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 18:18:34
#33 ]
Cult Member

@Rob

I agree.

John 3:16

Trekiej 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 18:19:40
#34 ]
Cult Member

@Trekiej

This is not the virus you are looking for.

John 3:16

DiscreetFX 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 18:31:16
#35 ]
Elite Member

I’ll miss a Steve Ballmer run MS more than a Trump run America.

QuikSanz 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 18:40:51
#36 ]

@gonegahgah,

Australia is not nearly as concentrated as the US. If you were to add up a few large cities here it would probably add up to almost as many as your lovely country. Wouldn't mind living there actually, would love to drive some of you open country. LA + NY would add up to your total population all concentrated in a relatively small area. Those who say it's up to the states are exactly right. As a matter of fact they were complaining right from the the start they wanted to do it their own way, NY really made a bad call. Can't blame Trump for that.

Chris

Last edited by QuikSanz on 06-Feb-2021 at 09:42 PM.

simplex 
Posted on 6-Feb-2021 20:13:46
#37 ]
Cult Member

Well, this got stupid fast. I know I'll regret wading into this -- I think some of you enjoy this; but for a lot of us it's a real turnoff -- but here goes.

@gonegahgah

Quote:
No other man has so thoroughly ignored the advise of his betters than that man.

I'm not a fan of Trump, and I think he should be tried for treason, and if convicted, given the fullest punishment possible. And that's before we consider his disgraceful handling of the coronavirus.

But with that out of the way, did any of Trump's top health department officials feel so badly ignored that they quit on him? As far as I can tell, Jerome Powell, Robert Redfield, Deborah Birx, and Anthony Fauci stayed until the end, and some stayed over into the Biden administration.

Compare to Gov. Andrew Cuomo and others, who are apparently making life intolerable, but somehow get a pass:

Exhibit A
Quote:
Around the country, frustrated and overwhelmed public health officials have resigned in large numbers.

Exhibit B
Quote:
The report also cast a critical eye on perhaps the governor’s most criticized decision since the beginning of the pandemic last year: a March 25 directive from the Health Department that ordered nursing homes to accept and readmit patients who had tested positive.

In all fairness to both Cuomo and Trump, I'm amazed that people aren't directing more of their outrage at public health leaders who actively lied to us early in the pandemic:

1) We were first told that it wouldn't be an issue, since WHO at the time were believing the claims of the People's Republic of China, rather than contradicting alarms raised in South Korea and Republic of China (AKA Taiwan), the latter of whom they shamefully ignored even to the point of cutting off public interviews.

2) We were lied to early on, when they said that masks aren't effective, so don't wear them. Dr. Anthony Fauci has admitted that they said this to prevent a run on masks.

3) We were also told that concerns of the virus were due to racism and/or xenophobia. New York was particularly outspoken on this matter.

Quote:
“We know that there’s currently no indication that it’s easy to transmit by casual contact,” (City Health Commissioner Oxiris) Barbot said on March 2. “We want New Yorkers to go about their daily lives, ride the subway, take the bus, go see your neighbors.” On the same day, Cuomo touted the city’s outlook toward the crisis.

“Excuse our arrogance as New Yorkers — I speak for the mayor also on this one — we think we have the best health care system on the planet right here in New York,” Cuomo said. “So, when you’re saying, what happened in other countries versus what happened here, we don’t even think it’s going to be as bad as it was in other countries.”

4) Recently, American health policy advisers devising the vaccine distribution proposed de-prioritizing the elderly, who are more at risk of death, in favor of essential workers who are not, acknowledging that this would lead to more deaths overall, but would lead to more "equity" in vaccine distribution.

AmigaMac 
Posted on 7-Feb-2021 15:47:38
#38 ]

@gonegahgah

The blame can be put squarely at the feet of the CCP. They're the ones who were grossly negligent from the beginning of this travesty.

kolla 
Posted on 7-Feb-2021 20:30:31
#39 ]
Elite Member

I just remember that as we were well into lockdown, Trump was preaching first "hoax" and then "bleech".

amigang 
Posted on 8-Feb-2021 11:01:12
#40 ]
Elite Member

-

Last edited by amigang on 08-Feb-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle