Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
39 crawler(s) on-line.
 151 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

Rob,  Kremlar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Kremlar:  1 min ago
 Rob:  4 mins ago
 Gunnar:  14 mins ago
 dirkzwager:  27 mins ago
 clint:  33 mins ago
 vox:  39 mins ago
 pixie:  51 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  55 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 31 mins ago
 Templario:  1 hr 36 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  "Amiga" trademark in the U.S.Registered Feb. 16, 2021
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
number6 
"Amiga" trademark in the U.S.Registered Feb. 16, 2021
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 14:01:35
#1 ]
Elite Member

@all

Amiga registered by Cloanto Corporation

historical background

Profile     Report this post  
TRIPOS 
Re: "Amiga" trademark in the U.S.Registered Feb. 16, 2021
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 14:17:43
#2 ]

@number6

The trademark and the copyrights once again collected under one umbrella. Finally!

Good news!

number6 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 14:47:37
#3 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

Just a reminder on what is expected to follow. Not my opinion mind you, but the statement from the uspto.

Quote:
If the mark in the application below registers, the USPTO may refuse registration of applicant’s mark under Section 2(d) because of a likelihood of confusion with the registered mark.

(the mark below refers to the Amiga trademark, which is now registered)

source

Same document concerning Hyperion's other filing for trademark in the U.S. Ergo, both their AmigaOS and Amigaone trademark filings will likely be refused.

Hypex 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 15:09:38
#4 ]
Elite Member

@TRIPOS

Quote:
The trademark and the copyrights once again collected under one umbrella. Finally!

USA. United States of Amiga.

TSDR Case Viewer. Too short didn't read?

This looks like Cloanto have won the first battle aganst Hyperion. But who will win the war?

number6 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 15:12:21
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Hypex

You do realize that the Amiga trademark was already successfully registered to Amiga Corporation at euipo, right?

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 15:13:25
#6 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

ZORRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MEGA_RJ_MICAL on 16-Feb-2021 at 03:15 PM.

simplex 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 15:25:08
#7 ]
Cult Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

I salute you. Why use one exclamation point when (checks in text editor) 6425 would do?

number6 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 15:58:06
#8 ]
Elite Member

@thread

Due to delays in how and when updates are applied at uspto, I should add the following, since some might be confused why euipo marks are registered to Amiga Corportation and the document referred to above states Cloanto Corporation:

The assignment from Cloanto to Amiga Corporation was already made, it is just not evident from all current documentation at uspto:

Source

Therefore eventually everything will read Amiga Corporation as intended.

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 16:11:57
#9 ]
Elite Member

@MEGA_RJ_MICAL

Please, don't tell me to find the I in the thousands of !

bison 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 17:32:59
#10 ]
Elite Member

@simplex

I think you might be counting newlines as well.

Not that it matters much.

Last edited by bison on 16-Feb-2021 at 05:33 PM.

bison 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 17:34:35
#11 ]
Elite Member

@number6

"Amiga Corporation." Music to my ears.

MEGA_RJ_MICAL 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 17:53:50
#12 ]
From: AMIGAWORLD.NET WAS ORIGINALLY FOUNDED BY DAVID DOYLE

@simplex

Friend simplex,

no amount of question marks is enough to celebrate DAY OF RESTORATION OF THE STATE OF LITHUANIA!

MRJM

ps.: zorram

simplex 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 18:57:14
#13 ]
Cult Member

@bison

I did a copy & paste, then Edit->Word Count, and it reported the character count as 64whatever, so I blame the text editor. But you're right, if I search for an exclamation point it's 45 fewer than the character count, and there are 45 lines, ipso factor quid pro quo and all that.

MEGA can claim he's excited about Lithuania's Restoration, but I know he's really covering up for for his new ZorRAM.

amigadave 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 20:37:17
#14 ]

@number6

So, any news about the court case between Cloanto and Hyperion Entertainment? Please don't tell me that they have settled out of court and Hyperion is being "let off the hook" again?

I honestly don't think that AmigaOS4 will ever get back to any semblance of even just a hobby OS, until Hyperion Entertainment, and/or Ben Hermans, are no longer associated with it at all. Please Ben, just admit that you are a cancer on this community, and sell all rights to AmigaOS4 to A-Eon, or directly to Trevor Dickinson, at a reasonable price. There is NO big profit to be made from selling AmigaOS4 anytime in the future. Just give it up, and let the people who can actually make some progress with the OS have their fun.

number6 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 21:05:27
#15 ]
Elite Member

Hi Dave,

is still the latest court document from January 21, 2021

Next update I expect in "2 more weeks".

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 22:56:16
#16 ]
Elite Member

@bison

The question becomes can buy up all small hardware vendors to produce larger company behind the brand, or will smaller hardware vendors keep making clone Amiga computer under different brands, in smaller volumes, what is need is strategy to make affordable classic Amiga computers, that someone how does not have experience with Amiga is likely to buy, but is not just PC with Amiga sticker.

A roadmap for Amiga market is needed, and clear vison, as now too many visons, that pull it in too many different directions, the classic Amiga also needs to evolve, or else it as dead as it is now. Can killing of some coemption like Warp060 and Vampire give the Amiga new life? Can Raspberry become the ultimate true new Amiga.

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 16-Feb-2021 at 10:58 PM.

tygre 
Posted on 16-Feb-2021 23:25:21
#17 ]

Hi @number6 and all!

Thanks @number6 for your tireless reporting on these issues!

I know that the answer is probably in another thread but I must ask: what is Amiga Corporation then now? Is that a superset of Cloanto?

Cheers!

bison 
Posted on 17-Feb-2021 1:24:33
#18 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

Quote:
Can Raspberry become the ultimate true new Amiga.

I hope so! We could do a lot worse.

pavlor 
Posted on 17-Feb-2021 6:48:55
#19 ]
Elite Member

@tygre

http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2020-07-00032-EN.html

OlafS25 
Posted on 17-Feb-2021 10:11:56
#20 ]
Elite Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

in my view hardware and OS development must be in one hand (like at apple). Then you must decide where to go with amiga. Amiga as a retro system or amiga as a modern platform. And then if you want to have a modern system in todays terms you must decide what hardware/OS features and modern software you need for that. You have to invest lots of money in developing modern software and development environments, recompiling of old amiga software is not enough. And you must decide what your potential buyers are and if you are also targetting professional cases like desktop video. And that must become a official published strategy. All that would need time and lots of money.

Amiga as a retro niche platform would be the easier and cheaper route of course... There would be even the hardware (like Vampire). Or you could develop something that has f.e. ARM as hardware and boots transparent in emulation. You could of course also go the NG route but that would need a lot of development in OS and you need new developed software in my view. Also it is questionable if PPC would be the future.

Last edited by OlafS25 on 17-Feb-2021 at 10:17 AM.
Last edited by OlafS25 on 17-Feb-2021 at 10:15 AM.
Last edited by OlafS25 on 17-Feb-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle