Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 113 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  16 mins ago
 pixie:  50 mins ago
 fatbob_gb:  1 hr 31 mins ago
 lewishamilton0998:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 47 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 49 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  2 hrs 53 mins ago
 VooDoo:  2 hrs 58 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 18 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  Where can I get MacroSystem Warp Engine SCSI Tools?
Register To Post

PosterThread
JHenry 
Where can I get MacroSystem Warp Engine SCSI Tools?
Posted on 26-May-2021 21:58:30
#1 ]

I am resurrecting one of my my A4000 desktops after 20 years of being in storage. Amazingly one of my IDE hard drives still works and has a WB 3.1 install with AmiTCP on it. It's an ancient Seagate 214 meg drive and I am desperate to back it up before it dies, but I can't find another working small IDE drive. I have an IDE to CF adapter that works fine and has a fresh install of WB 3.1 on it done in WinUAE, but I can't connect both the old drive and the CF drive at the same time because the CF adapter is female IDE and fits right on the motherboard header and not on an IDE cable. I have no IDE cables with both male and female ends on it.

I was able to get an old Quantum Fireball 9.1GB IDE drive partitioned (small patritions) and used DM2 to copy the two partitions' files to it, but it won't boot and for some reason it freaks out my Gotek so I never get to a WB ADF file or a Gotek menu. All my Amiga floppy drives are dead so I can't even try booting an old WB disk. I'm just beating my head against a wall at this point.

I have a 4GB Seagate Hawk SCSI-2 drive that spins up, but I have no way of accessing it yet. The CPU board is a Warp Engine 4040 with a Fast SCSI-2 controller, but I don't seem to have a copy of MacroSystem's SCSI Tools or the warpdrive.device file anywhere I have looked so far so I have no access to SCSI devices.

Does anyone have a copy of the Warp Engine software disk, SCSI Tools or even just the warpdrive.device file they could share with me or can anyone direct me to place where I could obtain them?

If this is somehow against the forum TOS I apologize, but I am just about out of ideas.

Tx,
Henry

Profile     Report this post  
QuikSanz 
Re: Where can I get MacroSystem Warp Engine SCSI Tools?
Posted on 26-May-2021 22:08:43
#2 ]

@JHenry,
I would say Amiga.rescource.cx is a good start but has been down for a few days and I have a bad feeling about this.

Chris

JHenry 
Posted on 26-May-2021 22:41:23
#3 ]

@QuikSanz

Thanks Chris, I know it's been down, checked it several times so far.

evilFrog 
Posted on 26-May-2021 23:05:25
#4 ]

@JHenry

It might be worth searching archive.org for it. If someone can spot it on an AmigaFormat CD, I know at least those are archived over there.

JHenry 
Posted on 26-May-2021 23:34:49
#5 ]

@evilFrog

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I searched for amiga.resource.cx at archive.org it redirected me to non-existent page that redirected me to "Ist Ihre .cx-Domain noch frei?" domain registration page.

JHenry 
Posted on 27-May-2021 0:18:11
#6 ]

I appear to have gotten the Quantum 9 gig drive to boot with a copy of the Seagate's DH0. I'll have to try copying DH1 and see if that will work.

I'd still like to get ahold of the Warp Engine software to use the SCSI controller.

Sandpiper 
Posted on 27-May-2021 1:33:02
#7 ]

@JHenry

I have the same card. I will check to see if I have the setup disk that came with it. Give me a few days as I am currently travelling on business. I will check when I get home.

QuikSanz 
Posted on 27-May-2021 1:37:36
#8 ]

@JHenry, Recent OS changes to HDToolbox say you should be able to read the drive geometry, just make sure to use the right SCSI.device.

JHenry 
Posted on 27-May-2021 3:52:55
#9 ]

Dynamic Computing Doug said warpdrive.device was in ROM on the WarpEngine, which I was wondering about. I still can't get the Seagate Hawk going with the WarpEngine. I'm playing jumper games trying all the possible termination and mode settings to get it to boot with the Hawk connected, which I was able to do before, even though HDToolbox couldn't see it with the tooltype SCSI_DEVICE_NAME=warpdrive.device. I'll just keep messing with it.

JHenry 
Posted on 27-May-2021 3:54:00
#10 ]

@Sandpiper

Thank you Sandpiper, I would really appreciate that.

Henry

Rose 
Posted on 27-May-2021 6:51:02
#11 ]
Cult Member

@JHenry

Maybe this will help you http://www.l8r.net/install/accel/warpeng.DMS. If not I can try find my install disk when I get back to home next week.

JHenry 
Posted on 27-May-2021 7:33:24
#12 ]

@Rose

Cool, thank you!

As soon as I diag my current no-boot situation I'll look into it.

I get no disk activity at all, IDE or Gotek, and just enough monitor signal from the A2320 board that the VGA monitor doesn't complain about no signal, but it's just a black/very dark gray screen.

I have Diagroms on the way, but with no vid I doubt they'll be useful.

AmigaSource 
Posted on 27-May-2021 17:39:25
#13 ]

@JHenry

I know Archive.org can be really peculiar when trying to search for a website. So with that said try this link

AO - Warp Engine. While I'm not able to test the disk, it is there and downloadable along with the docs (pdf).

If you still can't get to the page click HERE

Please visit AmigaSource.com!!! Since 2001... Your BEST source for Amiga information. Again... *** Always Under Construction *** (Over 3000+ Amiga links for your viewing pleasure! -- Please help spread the word!)

JHenry 
Posted on 27-May-2021 20:49:23
#14 ]

@AmigaSource

That worked for me. That disk seems to be the same as the one posted by Rose above, but one has iconx in it and the other doesn't.

If I can get the 4000 back to booting again I can play with them a bit.

Thanks for the links.

Henry

QuikSanz 
Posted on 27-May-2021 21:10:24
#15 ]

@JHenry,

Right where I thought it would be but couldn't get there from the wayback machine, didn't show a good timeline.

Chris

PS: Saving the wayback site page for the future. It's prolly not coming back, been to long already.

JHenry 
Posted on 27-May-2021 22:25:13
#16 ]

@QuikSanz

I bookmarked it as well. I hope the site comes back.

AmigaSource 
Posted on 29-May-2021 4:33:13
#17 ]

@JHenry

Of course. I made sure to change the link on my main page to reflect the last good copy of the site on Archive.org. I hope this is only temporary!

Please visit AmigaSource.com!!! Since 2001... Your BEST source for Amiga information. Again... *** Always Under Construction *** (Over 3000+ Amiga links for your viewing pleasure! -- Please help spread the word!)

JHenry 
Posted on 6-Jun-2021 22:06:56
#18 ]

Just a short followup. The power supply went bad after the voltages had tested OK earlier. I had a replacement Lite-On PSU in my other 4000 that is fine so that solved that.

Using the WarpDisk software I was able to get the 25 year old 4 gig SCSI Hawk going and after playing copy and swap a few times I was able to get the vintage IDE drive's WB 3.1 installation onto a CF card and it is running well at 2.25 MB/Sec according to SysInfo.

I managed to find a couple of more A4000 keyboards in my basement and 5th keyboard was the charm. A couple of keys take a bit of bangin', but all the keys work.

The DiagRoms came and surprisingly this almost 30 year old A4000 that ran 24/7 for seven years straight passed all the tests, even without being recapped yet.

My only complaints are relatively minor. The A2320 flicker fixer causes a jiggling display after it warms up, but none of the chips get hot. That'll take some further investigation. The old Commodore 2002 RGB monitor works fine for now. The chinese Gotek clone causes a "DF0:???" icon to appear on the WB screen even when there is an ADF image loaded an accessible. Haven't found out why yet.

So I have a working A4000/040 at 44.4 Mhz (SysInfo) after 20 years of not using a physical Amiga. I have yet to try my Cyberstorm 060 in it, but life is pretty good right now

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle